Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Just Outside The Common Room

with approval

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   Angela Marlowe

Angela Marlowe

Daughter of Maeve and Ludvik Marlowe, Hydrokinesis, Official Ravenclaw Alumna

• Adult
  • 1398 posts
  • LocationHolyhead
  • Wand Type:Apple Wood, Dragon Heartstring, 12 3/4 inches, Yielding
  • Nickname(s):Angie, Ange
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:31 AM

Her rhetorical question summarized perfectly how she felt... how she had been feeling about Santiago ever since the term started. Angela felt like she had never truly known him, any part of him, but it also terrified her that she could be the cause of his behaviour, that she was so toxic and so damaged, that she had somehow damaged him as well. It still was a pretty narcissitic thing to consider, but she could be pretty confident when it came to the negative aspects of, well, everything. And if she always expected the worst of everything, why hadn't she thought he'd do something like this? Despite everything, it still hurt and, right now, it felt like it would never stop hurting. Just as he kept on walking forwards, Angela walked backwards, even leaned so he couldn't touch her, and lifted her hands as if shielding herself and motioning for him to just stop. There it was, that sudden change in his face she had witnessed one too many times and that confused her beyond belief. How was he able to do such thing? She was set in not letting him affect her this time around, knowing very well how it worked between the two -- or how it had worked once. This new version of him - at least new to her, did make things easier for her, in a way. But the side she already knew? That was a completely different story. He managed to get in her head and wanted to believe him when he promised, and promised, and promised... and apologized. Frankly, she didn't know what to say because she was scared she'd trigger him again.

No, she didn't hate him, but she didn't want to say that, and preferred to not answer that question, and simply looked at him warily, lowering her hands to her sides, gently tugging at her robes  as a way to ground and comfort herself. "I don't want your empty promises, Santiago... I've had too many of those." Angela said practically above a whisper, and swallowed hard, retaining all of her emotions and the tears that wanted to come out. Since she had shed a couple of them earlier during her conversation with Mathias, she felt like she could manage until  Santi was gone. She could only shake her head as he declared how she knew him, but really, she didn't. This definitely wasn't the boy she had spent most of her break with. This wasn't the one who blushed often whenever she looked at him. Angie knew there was very little he actually knew about her, but that little she had shared with, it all had been real... too pathetically and unfortunately true. She wished he knew how easy it was for her to get attached, something she didn't realized until her kiss with Mathias and, despite being able to lie, and given the opportunity to, she had let Mathias know where she stood. "Okay," she said at last, shrugging a shoulder after folding her arms. No, Angie wasn't okay with any of it, but just wanted him to stop, and agreeing with him was the fastest way for it. No matter how many times she asked him to leave her alone, it never worked... but everything worked perfectly fine as soon as you did and said whatever he wanted you to. She had learned this the hard way during their last day together at San Sebastián. There was so much more she could say, let him know how much it hurt her, how her trust in him was completely shattered and how he was succeeding in pushing her away; how much it had hurt and affected her to be ignored in Nora's presence; how she had disliked seeing him looking at Cheyenne the way he used to look at her, at least at the very beginning; how she wanted to move on and let him go now that Mathias had entered her life, and how she'd work for it to happen... but all she could do was repeat, "Okay." The rest, it didn't need to be said. What for? He had made up his mind weeks ago, and so had she despite all the pain and confusion. Angela extended a hand for him to place the globe in her hand, the thought of letting it fall for it to break crossing her mind, and even if it could be repaired with a simple swish and flick, the damage would be done... but then she'd regret that, and being a sucker for nostalgia (probably because it helped her fill the void inside), she did want to keep it, even if looking at it would always remind her of this very moment. "Is that all?"

#122 OFFLINE   Alahra Delaney

Alahra Delaney

Twin, Twin Telepathy, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Dragon Keeper at the Magical Reserve

• Dragon Keeper
  • Others: Adult
  • 150 posts
  • Nickname(s):Ari,Lara
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 05 September 2021 - 11:44 PM

Tag Ric

There had been all kinds of rumors floating around about a certain set of twins being back and being the curious girl that she was, she couldn't help but want to make sure that they were true. If they were well then she was going to have a best time of her school year. She couldn't help but have a smile plastered on her lips as she thought of all the things that they did when they were little. If anything, they were like brothers to her. It was always nice to have another set of twins around her. Make her feel less different. If they were really back that was. They had been gone for a while, and sadly she didn't know why they left in the first place. That might be one of the first questions that she asked them. At the moment Alahra was standing outside the common room waiting for Ric. Funny enough she and Ric were in the same house, along with Alec and Alahna. Which was one of the things they had in common. Her blue eyes watched carefully as the boys came and went still not the person she was waiting on. Though just as she was about to turn away for a moment a very familiar face showed up. She blinked for a moment before bouncing in his way with her arms crossed. She studied him for a moment. Looking him up and down then placed her hands on her hips. "So, you've been here for a year now and never once did it cross your mind to find me? We're in the same house." She said with a pout on her lips. "Should I cry now or later?" She questioned with a slight tease. 

• Alaric Vaughn likes this

#123 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

Vaughn Twins, Official Ravenclaw Alumnus, Wandless Magic, Musician, Songwriter, Animagus, Sundaze Lead Guitarist

• Artist
  • 1510 posts
  • Wand Type:Cherry, Dragon, 13 1/4", Quite Flexible
  • Nickname(s):Ric
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood

Posted 07 September 2021 - 06:18 AM

Claw RPC#124. Carry a lot of books

Prefect duties huh? This is a new experience for Ric, something he had not expected to see from the letter, together with the school requirements, his prefect badge. Let’s just say he received a lot of teasing and insults from his siblings when they’re learned that he was made prefect. Truth is, he didn’t know what to feel about it, slightly proud maybe, but he was never one to fuss about positions because it entails additional responsibilities. Just thinking of all the things, he needed to do for the rest of the year is enough to give him a headache. He needs a strategy how to tackle everything smoothly or else he'll drown without meaning to. He just got started but it feels like it’s already too much for him. He also just received the acceptance letter for the parchment society club, which means, he would need to allot additional time there on top of his prefect duties and classes this year. Right now, the Ravenclaw prefect could be seen carrying a lot of books, well more like student handbook. It’s a lot that he’s having a hard time seeing where he’s walking. He volunteered to carry these to the Ravenclaw Common room which will be given to the newbies for their mentoring session. While walking together with the other young Ravenclaws he received greeting left and right since they know he's one of the prefects, and in return, Ric smiled, albeit with a bit of struggle now. As he neared the eagle knocker, he completely missed someone standing by the door due to the mountain of book he’s holding. So, when that someone spoke and he heard the familiar voice, Ric tilted his head on the side to check if it’s really her. “Alahra!” The girl had her hand on her hips while chastising him for forgetting about her. He balanced the book in his hands, “I would have hugged you, but my arms are currently full, a li’l help maybe?” Forget being a gentleman, he’s not superman who can carry these for few more minutes. He carried the books all the way from the ground floor for merlin’s sake! “Yeah yeah, as much as you look cute while pouting there, you can just cry later, help me first.”

• Alahra Delaney likes this

#124 OFFLINE   Alahra Delaney

Alahra Delaney

Twin, Twin Telepathy, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Dragon Keeper at the Magical Reserve

• Dragon Keeper
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 11:30 AM

Her hand stayed on her hip as he looked from behind the books that he was carrying around. The way that he said her name made her want to roll her eyes. It was almost like he was shocked that was there. Hello! They grew up together, same year, same house. Come on Ric get with it. "Oh of course you would, what are you trying to do? Play mister nice guy?" She huffed at him as rolled her eyes playfully at him. Who could carry that many books like that anyways. He was trying to show off is what she thought anyways. "Well, thank goodness you finally noticed I was cute while pouting." She dead panned, though that was cute of him to say. "Fine, fine. I'll help." She shook her head with a laugh as she grabbed half the book from him. "What on earth were you thinking when you said yes to carrying these Ric?" she questioned him lightly on the matter. She wondered if he had been doing this much since last term. Maybe that was the reason she didn't see him last term. "Where are we putting these?" She questioned him curiously. It was a little strange looking at him. He looked older, cuter than the way he was back in the day but then again she had always thought of him differently. She wondered about Alec now. How he was doing. Maybe she would talk to Alahna and see about them switching uniforms for a couple hours so that she could go to the tower and see the other twin. She missed them both dearly.

#125 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

Vaughn Twins, Official Ravenclaw Alumnus, Wandless Magic, Musician, Songwriter, Animagus, Sundaze Lead Guitarist

• Artist
  • 1510 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 03:15 AM

“Heey watch it!” Ric complained, though not really serious about it. “You know I’ve always been nice. Duh, you’re forgetting I’m the Ravenclaw one, you know, the sane one? Or you’ve forgotten about that.” He internally snorted, Alahra is clearly enjoying his little compliment. “Aren’t you a bit smug, huh?” He’s getting old while standing there with the books in his hand and breathed a sigh of relief as Alahra said she’s going to help. “Finally! Thank you!” But not without rebuking him for even doing this in the first place. “Yeah, yeah don’t remind me of my stupidity. I volunteered knowing I know a spell that will make my task easier, but I forgot my wand on my bed.” It was annoying, really. His task would have been done using simple spells but without his wand, he’s practically useless so manual intervention is required. His burden eased a little when she grabbed half of it. “Thank you, I owe you woman. Just go…” he motioned toward the eagle knocker. “We’ll leave this at the common area, the mentoring session will start later tonight.” He was given one mentee if he’s not mistaken. Now that he was reminded of it, Ric groaned inwardly. How the hell did he get many responsibilities in just few days of returning to school. Of course, he’s not oblivious to the look Alahra is throwing his way, he’s not innocent you know? “Eyes in front of you Alahra, the floor is not on my face.” He teased to get her attention and for her to focus on her footing. “Alahna will have my head if something bad will happen to you.” Chuckling, he shifted to rest his right arm.

#126 OFFLINE   Alahra Delaney

Alahra Delaney

• Dragon Keeper
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 10:15 PM

Alahra only grinned at him. She was teasing and he sounded like he knew she was. She was glad to have him back honestly. She chuckled as he became commenting about being the sane one. "Of course. How could I forget, it's our siblings that got the crazy. We're their safe space huh." She giggled thinking about it. "How is that other half of yours by the way, and how does one go about tracking him down. Because I feel like I need to give me a hug to just annoy him." She couldn't help but have a cheeky grin on her face. She missed Alec too. They both made her feel sane. "What? Me never, but funny as I hear it your the residential hottie in town." she smirked and shrugged her shoulders. "Tell me, what's that like?" She teased as she took the books from him. The weight lifted from him and she just shook her head at him. Always the helper. Did he not know how to say no? She nodded at his response only to gasp at him. "Really, you forgot your wand? That's something Alahna would do. Are you channeling her or something?" she giggled thinking about it, though only to roll her eyes at his next comment. "Right right. I just cant get over the fact that you become handsome." She commented with another shrug. "Oh and don't get a big head from what. I'm just curious how you out grow your goofiness." She teased lightly as she stuck her tongue out. "But you're right. She's way over protective, and we don't want you headless, then what would the girls do then." She grinned as she walked over to the knocker and getting it open. "So do you need help with mentoring?" She question as she put the books down, seeing as he was a prefect she was sure that he would be one of the ones that would be helping out the little baby eagles. 

#127 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

• Artist
  • 1510 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 12:19 AM

Ric looked at Alahra teasingly, “Are you sure you’re not the crazy one?” And then smirked, “Just checking.” It’s not like only Alec is the crazy one between the two of them, Ric was known for his occasional foolishness too. Breaking the rules is one of them and now that he’s a prefect, this is going to be challenging for him to enforce. How can someone who used to break rules is now the one who’s expected to apply them? On top of that, he should act as a role model too. Speaking of Alec, “He’s fine, still not giving a damn about everything else, but he’s fine, same same.” Seriously, that twin of his should start planning for his future, career wise you know and take it seriously. “Excuse me, I am not expected to track my twin down. He can do whatever he wants, and vice versa. Why? Don’t tell me you’re tracking your twin sister? That’ll be weird Alahra.” And there’s that joke about him being a playboy again. Some say he’s got fan base of girls, followers, and now residential hottie? Until now, he’s having a hard time accepting it because as far as he is concerned, he’s not doing anything that’ll warrant such titles attached to his name. But to humour the lady he replied, “Like I’m walking on clouds with all the angels praising and flying around me. Did that answer your question?” Ric is merely joking around, truth is, he’s not sure what to think about it, or how to react to it. He knew she was just teasing too, but that didn’t stop him from rolling his eyes. This is the first time he’s forgotten his wand since he’s in a hurry to get to his class and after that, he just lost track of time. A lot of people are giving him compliments that Ric got used to it by now so he didn’t mind hearing another one from Alahra. “See this head? It’s still in its normal shape and size, thank you very much for your concerns.” He was being sarcastic and playful here okay? How could he forget that Alahna is the protective one between the two girls? Even Alec is the same, it’s no surprise there, but then again, Ric is the youngest so worrying too much is not his role. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about his twin, he’s as overprotective as any siblings out there. They gave their answer to the riddle and the door to their common room swung open, letting them in. Ric led way to the common lounge and put the books on the nearby table just as Alahra asked if he needs help with mentoring.“if you really want to help, you should join the Adapt-A-Claw mentoring activity. I can manage mine; I just need to read this handbook, so I know what I’m talking about.”  Sitting on the couch, he regarded Alahra, “What have you been doing the past years? What's new with you?”

#128 OFFLINE   Alahra Delaney

Alahra Delaney

• Dragon Keeper
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:20 PM

The teasing look on his face made her huff shocked. "How could you think that? I've been nothing but sane." She huffed once again and puffed out her cheeks. "Besides, I've not done anything that would be put in the crazy box, well not yet anyways." She grinned thinking about. She had totally been joking but at this point, she was up for anything. "Well, that's good, I think. Not that he's not giving a damn about things but that he's fine." she didn't want to sound weird, she honestly was just asking a question about his twin. Maybe it wasn't the time to do that? He seemed to not take to kindly to it. She waved her hand and smiled. "No I don't track her, though she's in my head all the time." She grinned. "We ended up with this twin telepathy thing, like I can talk to her through my mind and not have to be near her. It's weird." she shook her head thinking about it. She never really asked other twins if they had it. She honestly thought that it was just a normal thing that happened with twins. It was wasn't it? Alahra couldn't help but laugh at his joke. "I'm sorry, I'm sure it will chill out soon enough. You're just the new meat in town. If you need a get away plan I'm always your girl. I'd hate to see a friend drowning in the female population." She teased him but she was being serious as well. If he needed an out she would help him in anyway. A big grin formed on her lips as he commented back on her calling him big headed. "Of course, maybe we should take bet on if it got bigger?" She teased again but shook her head. "Only joking, maybe it's the hair that looks bigger?" she once again laughed lightly. She was pretty glad that the other twins were showing their face now. She didn't want to have to find them when they graduated. She'd hate that. However, she had asked about mentoring and in a way she was being honest. She wanted to do more with the house and since she had been in the school all seven years, she knew the common room and rules around the school pretty well. Maybe she would take her friend up on it. "I'll look into it, I'm sure it would help me out, I needed to get things leveled within my life anyways. More on my work applications the better I'll be able to get the job I want right?" she grinned thinking about the job that she really did want. Working with dragons. That seemed the best for her. She grabbed the seat opposite of Ric and smiled as he asked what she had been up to. Pulling her legs up on the couch she hummed as she thought about it. "Well, I've been helping my mom and dad with their creature hunting." She blinked before tilting her head, had she ever told them about her parents? Ah, never mind. "I've started coming out of my shell more. I'm not the shy innocent twin anymore." She grinned. Though she was sure just by the way that she was acting he could tell it. "Other than that I've been been hanging around, trying to get my life together. What about you all? What made you all leave?" She questioned. It was one of the many questions she had for them, honestly, the Vaughn twins had been pretty close to her and her sister. After they left she felt like something was missing. Maybe it was a girl thing. 

#129 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

• Artist
  • 1510 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 10:13 PM

“Hey! I am just kidding!” Ric chuckled. “Who knows what’s running in that mind of yours.” He grinned back and shrugged, letting it go. What he didn’t let go is the fact that Alahra is interested to find out something about Alec. “Hmm, is that because you haven’t seen him for a while so you’re curious to know what he’s been up to, OR because you’re interested in my twin brother?” He’s not being blunt of course, it was asked out of mere curiosity, and yes, with a bit of teasing too. “I’d like to think you give a damn about him...sooo…” Ric laughed, now amused. If only Alec knows they’re talking about him. There was something about what she next which got stuck in his mind, which he found odd and interesting at the same time. “What do you mean she’s in your head all the time?” He knew it’s not a common ability, but it does exist, it’s just that Ric hasn’t seen one himself. Maybe this is his chance to prove that it’s true and it actually works between twins. Alahra explained it to him which deeply impressed the Ravenclaw guy. “Is that a bit concerning? Can you hide your thoughts from her?” He can’t imagine himself hearing his twin brother’s thoughts, for sure they’re full of swear words and merlin knows what else. And besides, he still values his privacy so thoughts should be kept to yourself only. “It is weird, I agree.”

Ric didn’t know how to react to her choice of words. “Meat in town? That is a very disconcerting, Alahra.” He laughed at being told he’ll be drowning in female population, “For the sake of argument, let’s say it’s true, I don’t mind that at all. Why would I?” As for the getaway plan, “And how do you supposed you should do that? You don’t even like going out to have some fun.” It’s true, even when they’re younger, if there’s one thing they have in common, it’s being shy. It’s only thanks to his siblings that he finally came out of his shell for several years now. He brushed his hair confidently, “Mind the hair, the female populace loves that.” They have unique hair style, wavy in front and straight to the back and every time, it’s one of the few things girls liked. “it’s my crowning glory.” Literally and figuratively. Not that he uses it to his advantage no, he doesn’t do anything special to his hair, it has always been like that ever since they were kids. Alahra agreed to his suggestion about helping with mentoring, that it will help her with her career plans. “Speaking of career plans, do you know what you’d like to be after graduation?” Not everyone has specific things in mind before graduation, some of them are still thinking about their future and Ric was one of them. He honestly thought he will graduate without any plans at all, but it turned out better than he expected.

As they settled on the couch, Alahra shared what she’s been doing all these years and it’s mostly about helping her family and their creature hunting. “You’re saying you’ve been creature hunting too? How do you even do that? You go traveling with them?” She sounded so confident when she told him she’s coming out of her shell now, and that she no longer is the shy twin anymore. “That’s good to know, at least I’m not the only one who changed here. Glad you are too.” He was not the shy and stuttering Ric he’s known for previously. Now he was asked why they left Hogwarts. “Ah that, it’s complicated. Something I don’t want to discuss. Let’s just say it served its purpose but it’s also boring being home-schooled for few years. I feel like I’ve missed a huge chunk of my life especially in the social department. Don’t be surprised if you see me talking to a lot of people, I’m just trying to make up for the lost times.”

#130 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

Daughter of Flora Lych & Fred Weasley II, 1/8 veela, Animagus, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Astronomer at the National Observatory, Wandless Magic

• Astronomer
  • 5820 posts
  • LocationTinworth
  • Nickname(s):Jas, Jelly Bean, Jazzy

Posted 07 November 2022 - 11:11 PM

Jasmine was deep in her study session, poring over the binder with a certain intensity that was usually reserved for academic purposes. NEWTs were starting in a few days, and she only had a few days left to study and prepare. Was she a bit nervous? Absolutely. She had a very good foundation in most of these subjects, but still couldn't help feeling like it was never enough. These exams were a bit different from OWLs in the sense that you were meant to showcase your skills in each subject, but that didn't mean she would be studying any less. The only way you could effectively apply knowledge was if you adequately knew said knowledge. She had to applaud those who went into these things with zero preparation — like her sister would — because that took more gumption and blind faith in oneself than she'd ever have. Jasmine simply couldn't leave it up to fate. It was all a bit of a maze to navigate, but as she was wont to do, she would prevail. This was her last go at school, so the least she could do was go out with a bang. Now that Niccolo was awake and okay, she could focus properly and direct all her energy into finishing this thing right.

She'd been at it for just under two hours now when she shut the binder and released the air from her cheeks. Time for a break before her eyes started to gloss over. She could use some fuel right about now, so she deemed a trip to the kitchens was in order. She could brainstorm ideas on how best to practice divinations upon her return. Maybe a fellow Ravenclaw would let her do a palm reading. Straightening out her sweater, Jasmine walked out of the common room, but paused in her step when she felt something uneven beneath her shoe. Lifting her foot, she saw a small Hogwarts pin laying on the ground. "Someone's dropped you, haven't they?" She bent down to pick it up and slipped it into her pocket before carrying on down the corridor. She could ask around the common room if it belonged to anyone.

#131 OFFLINE   Sven Wormald

Sven Wormald

Son of Santana & Nate Wormald, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus

• Adult
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationSweden → Ängelholm → Mörka Träslag
  • Wand Type:Gregorovitch' Wand - Birch with White River Monster Spine and Chimera Scale Fragments, Pliant flexibility, 12 3/4"
  • Nickname(s):Sven, Nikki, Svennie

Posted 11 November 2022 - 06:50 AM

Until now Sven wasn’t sure how he ended up in that dark maze in the school ground, he thought with a shake of his head. He didn’t even know why they have that in school. He cannot imagine how they built the foundation of that maze and how much time they used to brainstorm to come up with that kind of structure. Whoever came up with that idea, he wanted to applaud them. It’s a showcase of magic, skill and effort. Honestly, if it didn’t make him nervous while in there, it would have added more fuel to his curiosity. But his nervousness prevailed and the intensity of what he felt while stuck there is indescribable. The uneven terrain wasn’t promising either and as he went deep into the maze, it became colder and darker. It’s really creeping him out. He was too deep in thought he completely missed his floor! When he looked around, he was already on the towers! Geez! As he turned around, he noticed the school pin with Hogwarts Crest in it. Sven picked it up and left the place in a hurry to get to his common room and take that much needed rest!

#132 OFFLINE   Ronin Li

Ronin Li

Son of Ying & Raiden Li, Chi Manipulation, Official Ravenclaw Alumnus

• Adult
  • 937 posts
  • Wand Type:12 1/2 Oak with Dragon Heart String, Phoenix Feather, & Manticore Hair unyielding
  • Nickname(s):Ronin

Posted 11 November 2022 - 07:33 AM

This was his third year in the school and yet there were still times he would lose his way from the maze of hallways and the moving grand staircases. If he survived the day without getting lost, Ronin would usually applaud himself. The idea was to showcase how smart he can be in case the staircases move again. How many times he took a sit and brainstorm something that will work for him and his situation. There are also times, especially late at night, that the empty hallways and staircases will make him nervous. The idea that there might be something lurking in the darkness, waiting for him to lose his guard, would fuel his worry, making him jumpy. Ronin drew a deep breath, he was on his way back to his common room. The other students greeted him but he ignored them and they didn’t put too much effort to get his attention. They must have noticed his intensity of thought. The cold stone beneath his feet was uneven and worn, old, but even that was ignored by Ronin. The only time he was distracted out of his thoughts was when he reached the entrance door of their common room. He answered the riddle and was allowed entrance. It was amazing how this school was built. The house founders laid the foundation of the largest wizarding school in Britain. The Ravenclaw banner with Hogwarts Crest at the bottom caught his eyes as he entered the common room.

#133 OFFLINE   Geoffrey Ross

Geoffrey Ross

Durmstrang Transfer, Quidditch Team Seeker

• Ravenclaw 6th Year
  • Others: Grindylow
  • 223 posts
  • Wand Type:10” made of Ebony wood with a Banshee Hair core, Unyielding
  • Nickname(s):Geo

Posted 09 January 2023 - 04:38 AM

RPC #58 Work together to solve the Common Room’s entrance riddle

Tag: Yasmine Bektaz

[1]

Ever since he got out from Sweden and under his controlling father, Geo never really left the castle and just wandered around, or hang out at some of the hidden lounges or just mainly at his dorm room doing who knows what but this term break was kind of productive for this guy. Geo had finally got his guts moved and went out of the castle and even out of the country for awhile. He visited his brother somewhere in the globe and spent the holidays together. The experience was fun until it lasted and before he could even acknowledged it, he was back at the castle earlier than expected.

He didn’t went to the dorms right away, he felt like the holidays will just be done like that if he did. He’d rather spent his remaining vacation days as if he was still elsewhere. So instead, he camp on one of the lounges and turn it like his temporary bedroom. He knew his luggage would be sent straight to the dorms, thinking about it, there is no way he can escape the dorm so he just let out a sigh at the thought of the stairs going up the Ravenclaw Common Room. Why was he even sorted at that house? He complained to himself shaking his head as he made his up the stairs. There were a lot of complaints running on his mind while taking the stairs that he didn’t noticed he was already walking the hall towards the door of the common room. He was used to getting in with someone, so he really didn’t bother with the password. But now that he’s alone, he stood in front of the Ravenclaw common room door, staring at it, bewildered.

• Yasmine Bektaz likes this

#134 OFFLINE   Yasmine Bektaz

Yasmine Bektaz

HAC Junior Animal Healer, Wireless Club & Choir Student Mod, MCC Ravenclaw Representative, Parchment Society Vice President, Healing Hands

• Hogwarts Head Student
  • Others: Phoenix, Ravenclaw 6th Year, Ravenclaw Affiliate
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationTurkey
  • Wand Type:12 1/4 Maple Wood, Thestral Tail Hair, Solid
  • Nickname(s):Yaz, Yassy, Mina, Jade

Posted 10 January 2023 - 11:30 AM

Yasmine was struggling a bit - physically, emotionally and mentally. It has to do with her illness testing her resolved again and again daily. Often times she would feel weak, and other times she’s dizzy and sick but regardless of what she feels, she always made sure that she face the day with a smile, not wanting others to see her suffering. The last thing she wanted now was to be sent back home when she’s barely just started. That day, she used the opportunity to go back to the library to finish the book she brought with her. There was that little cozy corner of the library that she loves spending time in. After an hour of lounging there, her neck felt tired from looking at her book so she left the library to go back to her common room.

While walking, she tried reading which is a skill in itself since you’re multitasking. The corner of her eye will occasionally looked for any obstacles in her path, and then it will go back to the book to continue reading, whilst her mind will process the scenes she’s reading from the book. And the fact that you also have to make sure that you maintain your balance while walking. Only when she reached the tower did she close her book and glanced up only to see an older boy staring the door knocker like it’s the weirdest thing he’d ever seen. Yassy cleared her throat to get his attention because he’s not moving from where he’s standing. “Err, hi!” She smiled at him, “Is there something wrong with the door?” Before they can enter, they need to answer the riddle, that’s what sets them apart from the other houses. Entering your common room using nothing but your wits.

• Geoffrey Ross likes this

#135 OFFLINE   Geoffrey Ross

Geoffrey Ross

Durmstrang Transfer, Quidditch Team Seeker

• Ravenclaw 6th Year
  • 223 posts
  • Wand Type:10” made of Ebony wood with a Banshee Hair core, Unyielding
  • Nickname(s):Geo

Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:58 PM

[2]

He was out of himself. He had no idea how long he had been standing there, trying to process the question that was asked of him. In order to get in, a riddle was needed to be answered and it was told as: Many have heard but none have seen me, I will not speak until spoken to. Most of the students he had encountered had no trouble coming in so why does this came out confusing for him? he really couldn't process anything at that moment, was it because he was still on a vacation mode? he really needs to set his priorities from there on. He had been pretty lack with his studies and with all things in school. When he came to his senses, thanks to the girl who just arrived. He looked at her with friendly smile. Hi!.. he greeted back. No, no.. there isn't anything wrong with it. Go on.. you enter. I was just waiting for someone.. he replied to her question and lied just a bit. He stepped a side giving the girl a way for her to go in. He was curious if she would be able to go in.  

#136 OFFLINE   Yasmine Bektaz

Yasmine Bektaz

HAC Junior Animal Healer, Wireless Club & Choir Student Mod, MCC Ravenclaw Representative, Parchment Society Vice President, Healing Hands

• Hogwarts Head Student
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 29 January 2023 - 08:19 AM

Since Yassy didn’t hear the riddle that was provided to the guy, she completely missed what was wrong. She just saw him staring at the door knocker strangely. The first thing that came to mind was to ask him what’s going on so she could help in any way she can, although she doubts she knows everything. If the boy didn’t know it, chances are, she doesn’t have a good chance to know it too. At least he’s friendly, Yassy noticed as the guy turned to her with a friendly smile. She returned it with her own smile, finally closing the book she’s reading while on her way there. The guy was telling that nothing’s wrong, he even let her go inside which is odd considering they’re both in front of the door by now and he came in earlier than her. “Waiting for someone? Okay, if you say so.” She commented softly and stood there, waiting for the riddle. So far in all her experiences going to the common room, together with other students or on her own, she never had incorrect answers. She even helped other students answer some. So when the riddle was given to her, she’s confident that she would be able to answer it right away. You can carry it everywhere you go, and it does not get heavy. What is it? It only takes her less than a minute to give the answer. “Shadow.” She waited for a while for any confirmation but she received a resounding Incorrect. Try again. Yassy’s eyes grew wide. "Wh--what?" This is a first for her! Did she answer wrong? Glancing at the guy again, “Is there something wrong with the door knocker?” Her brows were furrowed deeply now, a little confused and embarrassed at the same time.

#137 OFFLINE   Eleanor Kim

Eleanor Kim
  • Slytherin 6th Year
  • 364 posts
  • Wand Type:11", Sycamore, Unicorn hair core, supple
  • Nickname(s):Ellie, Lea, Eun

Posted 24 May 2023 - 03:37 AM

Eleanor was excited indeed that she had been busy with classes, TA-ing and some library activities. She was sure she would be improving in finding the crest these days, and after a few times doing so. So she had been looking for the next one around the Towers as the hint stated. She was confident to be the first one who arrived and finding it compared to the others as she didn’t find any shadow or glint of any other student nearby today. She walked along the common room of the eagles , mainly along the corridors and nearby the common room to sync with the clue she got. And without a second sight of the corridor, she spotted a shiny crest near the walls just off the common room, probably lying there waiting to be found by the claws, but she was happy that she found it first. Smiling she took the Hogwarts Crest and went towards the offices to hand it in to the Professor in charge of the game.

#138 OFFLINE   Yasmine Bektaz

Yasmine Bektaz

• Hogwarts Head Student
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 03 September 2023 - 09:32 AM

RPM RPC: Answer a riddle wrong

It was a tiring day for Yassy. After dinner, a few students volunteered to help a professor in the potion room, including her. They were tasked to organize the vials and potion bottles and put labels in each one to avoid confusion and disaster in case some students are stupid enough to use the wrong ingredients. It’s the type of task she doesn't mind doing, she loves organizing stuff, making sure that they have proper labels and in their proper containers and places. It took longer than expected and the next thing she knows, it’s already nine in the evening. Her prefect patrol will start in thirty minutes so she hurried to their common room to at least change her clothes to a more comfortable one as the one she’s wearing now was already dirty from all the cleaning and organizing they did. Running the spiral staircase two at a time, she didn’t bother checking her footing until she reached the top and saw someone entering the door. “Hey wait!” But she was already too late, the person didn’t hear her and the door came to a close. “Oh shoot geez!” The entrance has a knocker in the shape of an eagle that required a riddle to be correctly answered. As soon as she stood there, a riddle was provided to her:

“What can run but never walk, have a mouth but never talk, have a head that never weeps, and a bed that never sleeps?”

In her exhaustion, she cannot concentrate on the answer to the riddle. She did try though because if not, she won’t be given entrance to their common room. Sometimes being smart has its disadvantages, Ravenclaw had to go through all these riddles in order to gain access which is a bother sometimes when you’re in a hurry to enter, like tonight. “Sea?” A voice replied saying she’s wrong and to try again. In shock, Yassy stared at the knocker, unable to believe that for the first time she had given an incorrect answer. “Wait..how come?!”

Tag: Audrey

#139 OFFLINE   Audrey Callaghan

Audrey Callaghan

Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Cashier at The Drunken Mermaid

• Shop Assistant
  • 815 posts
  • LocationKenmare, Ireland
  • Nickname(s):Aud

Posted 05 September 2023 - 03:04 AM

[Bingo: answer a riddle wrong]

Audrey's final years at Hogwarts were undoubtedly some of the most challenging. With her NEWTs looming on the horizon, she buried  herself under a mountain of textbooks, notes, and study guides. Every waking moment was dedicated to preparing for those crucial exams that would determine her future in the outside world. But amidst the academic chaos, Audrey managed to find a way to spend time with her boyfriend, Dustin. Their relationship was essential to her, and she wasn't willing to let her busy schedule leave a bitter taste. They decided that studying together could be their way of sticking while tackling their responsibilities at Hogwarts. Dustin, as the Head Student, had his hands full with duties and responsibilities as well. The demands of his role meant that they had to be creative in finding moments to be together. Late-night study sessions in the common room, like the one Audrey was currently leaving, became their sanctuary. Audrey had just exited the library, clutching a sandwich in her hand as she strolled down the corridor. The Ravenclaw common room was her next destination, and she hoped to find Dustin there. As she approached the entrance, she overheard a conversation between Yasmine, the diligent fourth-year Ravenclaw prefect, and the eagle-shaped knocker that guarded the door. Yasmine seemed uncertain as she answered the knocker's riddle, "Is it Refrigerator?" Audrey thought for a moment before explaining. "A refrigerator! You know it runs to keep your food cold but never walks, it has a "mouth" where you put things in but doesn't talk, it has a "head" where you control the temperature but doesn't weep, and it has a "bed" where your groceries rest but doesn't sleep." Audrey couldn't help but pause for a moment, curious to see if the guess was correct

#140 OFFLINE   Yasmine Bektaz

Yasmine Bektaz

• Hogwarts Head Student
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 07 September 2023 - 07:34 AM

RPM RPC: Solve a Riddle

In all the times she was here in the school, never did she get the answer to the riddle wrong. It’s always been either she got the answer correct or she would tailgate other students which means there’s no need to answer another riddle. But that night, it must be exhaustion that made her answer incorrectly, she must have been more tired that she let herself to believe. Her brain is refusing to think now but since it’s incorrect, she has no choice but to do it again or else she can’t gain access to their common room. Before she can say another word, a voice could be heard so Yassy glanced up and saw Audrey who was nice enough to provide an answer. The older girl said it must be ‘refrigerator’, making her smile. About to ask her why she think of that, she explained it in detail. “Oh… that’s riiight!!” For a moment, she thought the girl’s answer did make sense and so she turned to the knocker again, waiting in anticipation only to hear it saying they got it wrong. Her shoulders slumped in defeat. “Why do you have to make it so hard for us, I just want to enter and sleep.” She almost stomped her foot but that’s too childish. She didn’t want Audrey to think she’s being a brat when she’s far from it. Squaring her shoulders, Yassy cracked both her hands and nodded at Audrey. “Let’s try it again, we can do this. We can solve this riddle!” They’re Ravenclaws for Pete’s sake!! How hard can it be?! “What can run but cannot walk, that’s just means it’s probably has no feet, what else can run.. how about.. body of water? Water movement, it’s sometimes called running water right?” She was rubbing her chin, looking like she’s in deep thought. “Has a mouth but never talks.. errhm should be like an opening of some kind I guess? An entrance of some sort?” Head but never weeps? Why does it has to weep anyway, isn’t weeping for eyes. Yassy was suddenly confused. “Bed but never sleep… well, body of water has what we call bed. I don’t think it’s na actual bed anyway…” the problem is she’s coming up blank! “Uhmm.. ocean maybe? Or or.. creek?”
  • Audrey Callaghan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users