Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Briefing Room

25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Zoey McLaggen

Zoey McLaggen

Hogwarts Canon, Official Hufflepuff Alumna, Tea to Disagree Columnist

• Adult
  • 805 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:Cedar Wood, Phoenix Feather Core, 13.25", unyielding
  • Nickname(s):Zo
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 21 May 2023 - 09:13 AM

Zoey couldn't quite believe her eyes when the young woman entered the briefing room. The last time around, Nadia was clearly a child, and well.. it hasn't been that long, has it? It certainly didn't feel like a long time, but there the girl was, ready to almost graduate. "Nadia, it's so great to see you again. Please, have a seat. I think we can skip introductions this time around, can't we." Zoey said with a friendly smile. ​"How have you been? Have you been working on your writing in the meantime? In the school paper?"

• Nadia Dimitrov likes this

#22 OFFLINE   Nadia Dimitrov

Nadia Dimitrov

Daughter of Vladislav Dimitrov and Ana Zograf, Official Slytherin Alumna, Daily Prophet Political Journalist

• Journalist
  • Others: Adult
  • 1003 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Wand Type:9 3/4", Avodire Wood, Phoenix feather core
  • Nickname(s):Nadi
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 25 May 2023 - 10:15 AM

[2]

For Nadia, Zoey hadn't changed much. She looked the same, if not younger but she was pleased to see her. The first time she had interned under her, the woman had taken her to Italy for a fashion event and you could say, she had a blast so she was thrilled when she saw who her supervisor was. "Likewise, Zoey. I am so happy to have gotten assigned to you again." Not fond of introductions, she was glad they could skip them and jump on the basics. "I am good, although a bit exhausted. NEWTs, you know? But as for the paper, yea I have been. That and we recently had Scroll & Quill Club restarted at school so there are ample writing opportunities there too which has helped me keep my writing game on. How are you? You look younger than the last time I saw you." Nadi smiled at her cheekily, but she wasn't lying.

• Zoey McLaggen likes this

#23 OFFLINE   Zoey McLaggen

Zoey McLaggen

Hogwarts Canon, Official Hufflepuff Alumna, Tea to Disagree Columnist

• Adult
  • 805 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:Cedar Wood, Phoenix Feather Core, 13.25", unyielding
  • Nickname(s):Zo
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 28 May 2023 - 08:28 PM

Zoey was pleased to hear Nadia had continued to write throughout her years at Hogwarts. She could understand the combination of the internship and prepping for NEWTs was exhausting. It’s been a while since Zoey had done her examinations, but she could clearly remember how much effort it took to prep, and how much stress it had caused among her and her peers. “Thats great to hear Nadia. I’d love to read something you’re proud of.” Zoey said, it would be perfect to get a feel of the girls writing style. Nadia complimented Zoey’s look, which made the older woman chuckle. Zoey didn’t mind a little sucking up. Then again, she might also be glowing a little today, as she’s been excited for the plans she had with Lyov that evening. “Im doing really well, thank you for asking. So, do you have any idea what path in journalism you want to explore any further?”
  • Nadia Dimitrov likes this

#24 OFFLINE   Nadia Dimitrov

Nadia Dimitrov

Daughter of Vladislav Dimitrov and Ana Zograf, Official Slytherin Alumna, Daily Prophet Political Journalist

• Journalist
  • 1003 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Wand Type:9 3/4", Avodire Wood, Phoenix feather core
  • Nickname(s):Nadi

Posted 30 May 2023 - 02:39 AM

[3]

Nadia was actually carrying a piece she had written recently with her. “I actually wrote this recently, so it’s one of my works.” The girl pulled out her little notebook that was titled Nadi’s Rambling and opened the piece of her article giving it to her. “Its about traditional work week, which I feel diminishes creativity.” Nadia had a lot of friends who had graduated and were working and always complained of their desk jobs. She knew some organisations like St. Mungos didn’t have the option and needed to have employees more than the normal timing but there were many private firms or even some departments at the ministry, law firms that could implement it. If not the magical world, well, the muggle work force should definitely implement it even if it wasn’t her area to cover. Anyway, it was one of her writings. She’d be sitting or doing something and would suddenly get ideas and would quickly start jotting down. Most of her articles were woke. Zoey asked her about the genre she wanted to explore and she paused for a few seconds, forming her words. “I’m very inclined towards politics, law, cross culture. I feel very strongly for feminism, discrimination, equality but I’m not sure if there is a certain genre related to it.” Nadia didn’t know if UK’s magical community dealt with these issues but they must have such issues here too right? Or maybe she wouldn’t mind even looking at international columns. “I’m also interested in spreading cultural awareness. Like we cover everything about the UK from what I have read in Daily Prophet so a column about what’s going on in the world, key issues, etc. But yea these are some of the path I’m interested in.”

#25 OFFLINE   Malcolm Vaughn

Malcolm Vaughn

Daily Prophet Crime & Courtroom Journalist

• Journalist
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 07:02 PM

((NEW RP -  Reporter internship Spring 2024 student : Sophie Wormald ))

It had been a long time since Malcolm had stopped by the HQ, but today was a little different. He had been asked to welcome some student, a kind of internship of sorts, probably because said students was currently exploring the realms of possibilities for their future. Malcolm never had that issue -hesitating between career paths- knowing early on that he wanted to be in the heart of the action and see history in the making. Being a reporter was one of the best job to witness this. It was also a job full of unknown, and uncertainties: earth-shattering changes didn't usually happen during normal working hours.

Malcolm had his warm coffee in one hand, and his reporter notebook in the other. He was reviewing some of the notes he had taken the night prior, thinking about the angle he would use for the article he needed to write. The room was quiet-ish, other reporters coming and going as they see fit. He had sent the address and time Sophie might find him there via Owl the night prior. It was up to her to show up if interested. He had work to do, and nothing would stop him from doing it.

• Sophie Wormald likes this

#26 OFFLINE   Sophie Wormald

Sophie Wormald

Daughter of Santana & Nate Wormald, Hogwarts Snidgets Head Cheerleader, Hogwarts Wireless Student Moderator

• Gryffindor 6th Year
  • Others: Hinkypunk
  • 439 posts
  • Nickname(s):Soph

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 PM

-1-

It was finally time for her internship session and she was extremely nervous about it. She didn't doubt herself for taking interest in this particular career but the lack of experience made her feel discouraged. She had to remind herself a few times that she was here to learn. She might be inexperienced but it's also mean she had rooms to grow. The first internship session was held at the Daily Prophet's HQ. She was familiar with the building, seeing it every time she visited Diagon Alley to get her school supplies, but obviously didn't its appearance inside. It slipped her mind to ask her brother about it. Although only for a short period, he was once working there as a photographer.

Telling the receptionist of her purpose of visitation, Sophie was brought to the briefing room. Her stomach turned a little the moment she stopped in front of the room. It looked very wide, neat and a little old school like most part of the wizarding world. 'This must be the place where they held important meetings,' she thought. She was then told that the man inside was her supervisor. "Good morning, Mr. Vaughn. I'm Sophie Wormald here for the internship." She didn't stutter! That's one good thing today at least.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users