Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Back Of The Writing Room

26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

Daughter of Flora Lych & Fred Weasley II, 1/8 veela, Animagus, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Astronomer at the National Observatory, Wandless Magic

• Astronomer
  • Others: Adult
  • 5820 posts
  • LocationTinworth
  • Nickname(s):Jas, Jelly Bean, Jazzy
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:08 PM

Niccolo mentioned often how his mother's pregnancies kind of limited things for them. That must suck for him, even if at the end of the day, it was because he was getting a new sibling. But she was in a similar boat when it came to travel. Her parents rarely ever left the country. Her dad traveled around for Quidditch, but she didn't usually get to accompany him. She only really had the privilege of going to Sweden to visit Niccolo, and then there was that one time she'd been to France for an afternoon. "It's a shame, cause if you were given the chance, I know you'd be able to produce some really great stuff for the column. But you'll figure it out." He might just have to use someone else's photography for the purposes of this internship. Unless by some miracle he could go on a trip before the end of the summer. "So if you're not seeking animal photos, what sort of photos are you looking for?" She was thinking probably landscapes and cityscapes, but Niccolo could have a different idea altogether. The boy offered his help with her Quidditch article, and Jasmine reached for the roll of parchment. She unrolled it flat onto the table and flipped it around towards him, pressing her fingers down above two names on the same line. "Have any insight to offer on these two coaches? One of them used to coach in South America, but I couldn't find much record of his whereabouts there." He may be just as lost as she was, but it never hurt to ask anyway. As Jasmine was eating away at her sandwich, Niccolo explained that he was planning on making an ice cream run after work. The girl swallowed and wiped off her mouth. "Sounds like the perfect way to cap off a day, if you ask me. But now you've got me wondering if you explore abandoned buildings in your spare time. I mean, how did you find this place?"

• Niccolo Wormald likes this

#22 OFFLINE   Niccolo Wormald

Niccolo Wormald

Son of Santana & Nate Wormald, Hydrokinesis, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Photographer at The Artsy Lens (Tinworth)

• Shop Assistant
  • Others: Adult, Artist
  • 2492 posts
  • LocationGryffindor Common Room
  • Wand Type:Ebony wood with Selkie Whisker and Ramora Scale cores, 13”, solid
  • Nickname(s):Niccolo
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:14 AM

True, if he has enough time and opportunity to do whatever he wants to do, Niccolo might be able to come up with better picture ideas that he can use for doing the summary article. It’s not entirely required to have your own pictures but it’s prime opportunity for him to show his skills and for him to know if he has a potential future in this field. ”I’d prefer to have pictures taken in Paris, actually. The biggest article so far is about France so it would be nice to go there over the weekend and see if I can wander around and take pictures. I’m sure Grandmére would love to have me around.” Niccolo’s smile turned fond at the mention of his grandmother. ”Have I mentioned I’m part French?” Apart from English and Swedish, Niccolo also speaks French rather fluently. He’s been to France tons of times before. He even stayed there the whole summer one time but he didn’t have his camera back then. Now, if he goes there, he would be able to see the place on a whole other perspective: through his lens. Niccolo was sipping from his coffee again when she showed him the paper and pointed at the names she’s researching. ”I’m pretty sure he’s the lone coach which has a very mysterious background. Even fans don’t know much about that guy. The other coach... he’s notorious for his winter training. Some players are known to give up one way or the other. He has many mistresses, too, but he’s an extremely strategic coach so the team couldn’t fire him.” Niccolo flashed her a smile that says ‘see? I’m helpful, aren’t I?’. He wiggled his eyebrows and laughed at her question. He wasn’t surprised she asked it; she’s a naturally curious person, of course. ”I’m living with Lee at the moment. When he’s busy with his games, I tend to wander around the area and one time, I saw a couple students coming down from a ladder connected to the top of the building. I got curious and when I reached the rooftop, I realized why they were there in the first place.” He shrugged. Niccolo’s quite relieved that his parents let him stay with Lee for the time being until he finishes his internship. ”Is that any good?” He asked, pointing at her sandwich.

• Jasmine Weasley likes this

#23 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

Daughter of Flora Lych & Fred Weasley II, 1/8 veela, Animagus, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Astronomer at the National Observatory, Wandless Magic

• Astronomer
  • 5820 posts
  • LocationTinworth

Posted 27 July 2021 - 10:04 PM

Jasmine had only briefly seen Paris that one time her mother had taken her along when they'd been the only two at home. Truthfully, she'd only really seen the library, as she'd spent her time there waiting for her mother to finish her errands and bring them home. She'd been intending on exploring the vast building but had run into a friend, which had drastically changed her plans. Instead, she'd spent her afternoon seated in the lovely garden behind the library, chatting. "Oh, well I mean, if you have the means..." Why not, eh? She couldn't even imagine just casually deciding to take a day trip to Paris. Firstly because her mother would never let her do such a thing without her, dad or Goldie, and secondly, because she had like zero relatives outside the UK. Well, none close enough to go live with for a weekend. If you went back far enough, some Weasleys had married with the French, but they'd settled here in the UK, so it all cancelled itself out. "You have told me that, but you never told me you had relatives there. You're probably the worldliest person I know at this point." And also the luckiest little shit she knew. She truly was in awe of him sometimes. He had family all over the place, he got to travel, and he could speak multiple languages. All things she could only dream of. She could out-study him any day, but he had her beat on life experience. "I'd love to see the photos you take when you get back. It'll make me feel like I was there, if only fleetingly," she said with a small sigh. Four more years, she told herself. Four more years and I can get out of the UK. he looked over her notes, and was quick to provide additional information. She didn't have her quill to write it down, so she simply hoped she remembered it all by the time he break ended. Jasmine leaned back in her seat. "Look at you, keeping up with celebrity gossip," she teased. "I'm glad you do, cause it makes my job a hell of a lot easier." Bringing the parchment back to herself, she looked at the womanizer coach's name again. "You know, I looked him up. He's not even that good-looking," she said, making a face. Beats her how he snagged all those women. To explain the whole rooftop situation, Niccolo revealed he was living with Lee for the time being, which made sense. "That's some lucky timing. Bet it's nice having a place you can get some privacy when you need it. Well, so long as those other kids don't come barging in on you, cause it seems to be their hangout spot too," she added with a chuckle. When asked about the sandwich, Jasmine nodded. "As far as chicken sandwiches go, it's pretty decent." She looked up at the time. Still a few more minutes before she was due back at her desk. "I'm surprised you're not eating anything."

#24 OFFLINE   Niccolo Wormald

Niccolo Wormald

Son of Santana & Nate Wormald, Hydrokinesis, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Photographer at The Artsy Lens (Tinworth)

• Shop Assistant
  • 2492 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:20 AM

Niccolo tilted his head and wiggled his eyebrows playfully in response to her trailed off statement. He does have the means and he will do it to gather some photos for his internship. It was at the tip of his tongue to ask if she would like to join her but then again, there’s the issue of her parents and they might not allow her. This would be yet another country for Jasmine and last time, they wanted a background of his family members. That didn’t include Grand-mère however and he doesn’t think the Wayland matriarch would be inclined to write what the Weasley family requires. So, in the end, he kept his mouth shut. ”I wouldn’t say worldliest...” He trailed off. ”My Mom’s family came from there so I spent a couple summers with Grand-mère and some other relatives. Don’t worry, Jazz, I’ll show them to you as soon as I can.” In the end however, Niccolo was not able to keep his mouth tightly shut. Once an idea forms in his mind, it’s almost too impossible not to let it out, especially when it involves Jasmine Weasley. ”What if we visit France next year? I’m assuming you’ll come over to our house... what if we squeezed in a little segue? Do you need to tell your parents about it?” It would be similar to their little trip over to the Wayland Castle. Granted, it’s still in Sweden but still! The thought is the same. Laughing at her teasing, he finished his coffee and shook his head. ”I’m updated because it’s quidditch. You’re forgetting I have that notebook with quidditch players signatures and other whatnot.” The dorks, save for Kyle, are die-hard fans of quidditch. ”Does that help? That’s all I know in the matter, I’m afraid.” He would have loved to help her some more in other ways, of course. ”I think I can handle them. We’ll see. I’ll bring you a report tomorrow.” Niccolo grinned from ear to ear and nodded his head. He also looked at the time and sighed once he realized that they need to part ways again to do their respective jobs. ”I’m still full. Surprising, I know.” He quickly added, rolling his eyes. The boys are known for their appetites, especially Lee and RJ. ”Or maybe I was just hoping that one of the seniors would treat me to a hearty lunch again so I’m saving tummy space for that.” He rubbed his stomach, even patting it in the end. ”Hey, maybe one of these days, I can walk you home...?” Niccolo wouldn’t want to impose and invite himself over or something. He’s quite contented to just bring Jasmine home - without any expectations, of course.

#25 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

• Astronomer
  • 5820 posts
  • LocationTinworth

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:57 AM

Jasmine had figured it was his mother's side of the family, because Wormald sure as heck didn't sound like a French surname. "Does your grandmother live in a castle too?" she asked, only partly joking. She wouldn't be surprised by this point if he told her the woman lived in a French palace. She also found it quite adorable how Niccolo referred to his maternal grandmother as Grand-mère. It felt very posh, which was an odd thing to associate with him. Still, she was glad Niccolo would bring back the photos. She was always eager to see his work, and he'd have a wonderful subject; one far more beautiful than herself. Amid her thoughts, the boy hit her with another curveball. Visiting France? Under the guise of going to visit the Wormalds? A trip to France would be wonderful, and even more so with Niccolo at her side to tour her around. His idea wasn't a totally crazy one. "I mean, if I'm going to visit you, if we're in France then I'm still technically visiting you. We're just doing it in a different location. They signed off on me coming over, so where you guys bring me once I'm there is fair game." If she were drafting this as a legal contract in her mind, that's how she'd interpret it. Perfectly legal, and all loopholes taken advantage of. Her lips blossomed into a smile. "I think we can make it work." And unless she explicitly told them she went to France, they'd have no real way of knowing anyway. "Man, I'll have to brush up on some basic French if that's the case though. I don't think I can get by on only saying hello, goodbye, and go." And truly, how many horses was she going to have to tell to go while they were there? Jasmine nodded as she rolled her parchments back up. "Yes, you've been very helpful. Thank you," she replied with a slight chuckle. The real work awaited her once her break finished, which would be quite soon. Apparently the boy wasn't eating because he wanted dinner with one of the staff. "Well then you'd best start buttering them up to improve your chances," she said, tossing him a wink. She took a sip of her juice and screwed the cap back on. Niccolo asked if he could walk her home, and Jasmine paused, her expression softening. "Sure. My mum would probably appreciate knowing I wasn't alone on my way back. And you'll get to see... well, the front of my house, at least." He'd know where she lived, which was a step in the right direction. With her free hand, she reached out and gently put it over Niccolo's for a moment. "And I'd appreciate the company," she added with a smile before retracting her hand and taking another bite from her sandwich.

#26 OFFLINE   Niccolo Wormald

Niccolo Wormald

• Shop Assistant
  • 2492 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 10:33 PM

Amusement crinkled his eyes at that question. Guess he couldn't fault her for her curiosity because she did see the Wayland Castle when he brought her there. She couldn't believe that his Aunt and Uncles live there and since Niccolo has been used to it since he was young, it took him a while to understand where she's coming from. True, perhaps not everyone's used to... you know, casually visiting a manor as big as the Wayland's. A castle is the more appropriate name for it, to be completely honest. "No, no castle for Grand-mere. But she does live in a big mansion so I guess there's that." Niccolo adore her Grand-mere so a short visit to her would be quite fun. He can't wait to get spoiled again! When he and Sandreia were younger, the spent a whole summer in France and their ever request and whim were followed to a T. Mom had to interfere, otherwise the Wayland matriarch would buy the whole Paris for them. The Waylands, his Mom said, came from old money. She even said that they can decide not to work and they can still live quite comfortably for as long as they're alive. Her argument about visiting France made him nod his head in excitement. Seems like next break would be very interesting, then. He can't wait! "That sounds like a good argument to me. Besides, you don't have to explicitly tell them that you're going to France, do you?" Just a couple of teenagers planning some mischief, no big deal. Carry on with your lives, people. "I think Mom and Dad won't object too much if we go in the spirit of visiting Grand-mere and our other relatives there. Mom, especially." He knew that Grand-mere would like to have her grandchildren with her as much and often as possible. "Don't worry, I'll be there to help you and keep you from getting lost. You'll be fine." Plus, knowing the older Wayland, they'd have someone tailing them all over the city. For safety purposes, of course. Rising to his feet, he went to the sink to rinse his cup before drying and putting it back to where it belongs. He went back to his seat where he looked back at Jasmine. "Buttering them up would be easy. I'm quite charming, you know?" Grinning, he watched her expression when he asked about walking her home. The young Wormald knew where she lives, but it's not like he's invited to go inside. He didn't want to, either, at least not yet. Niccolo might pose some problem for Jasmine, and he didn't want that to happen. Her face sort of morphed into a soft expression he liked seeing on her, his heart fluttering for a beat or two. His smile widened at her affirmation. He doesn't care if it's only the front of her house he's going to see. Hell, he'll be fine seeing even just the fences, you know? If they ever have one, of course. "Then, it's settled. I'll wait for your by the entrance later." He flipped his hand and squeezed hers, holding it there for a few seconds longer than usual then he let it go. Glancing at the clock, he winced when he saw the time. Gotta go back and be responsible again. "I gotta go back now, unfortunately." He straightened up and pinched her nose again. "Don't choke while I'm gone. Have a good rest of your day, Jazzy bear. I'll see you later this afternoon." With a mock salute headed her way, Niccolo added a wink and then he made his way back to his desk.

(End the RP?)

#27 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

• Astronomer
  • 5820 posts
  • LocationTinworth

Posted 07 August 2021 - 12:44 PM

Niccolo insisted his grandmother didn't live in a castle, but instead told her it was a mansion. Jasmine rolled her eyes before shaking her head. "Same thing, Niccolo. The point is, your family's filthy rich and live in places with more rooms than teeth in their mouth." Trust him to try downplaying a mansion. Sure, it was all normal to him, but he lived in a relatively normal house, so surely he could perceive the jump in scale here. Or perhaps he was simply blind to all of it. Not that she thought him a snob because of it, but jeeeeeez, it was funny watching him casually glance past some of these details as if they were nothing. The Weasleys were not a particularly wealthy clan, and one look at the Burrow would give you a pretty good picture of the family landscape. Niccolo would be living quite comfortably while going to take those pictures of his in Paris. Next break would be Christmas, and the girl smiled. "Paris must be beautiful during Christmastime. I can't wait," she replied. "And no, as long as they know I'm with your family, it doesn't really matter where we are. I'm being taken care of, that's what matters." She couldn't help but think that a winter trip to Paris would be... well, a little romantic, in a sense. She didn't know what things would look like between them by that point, but she was as eager to experience it with him as she was to experience it for herself. Wandering through Paris hand in hand was an idea that pleased her very much. Jasmine looked at him, amused. "I don't doubt that you'll manage it. I'm sure they're all excited to see someone take an interest in their craft." People loved to talk about things they loved, so Niccolo would have no shortage of answers. Niccolo coming to her house likely wouldn't bode well for either of them, but she was glad he was at least willing to accompany her to Ottery. Perhaps they could even take a small detour so she could show him some of the village. Jasmine smiled as he squeezed her hand, and knew she'd be watching the clock for the rest of the day. With that, the boy got up to make his leave. "I'll be intact and alive when I see you later," she replied with a chuckle. "Good luck schmoozing with your supervisors." Once he'd vanished out the door, the girl set back to finishing her sandwich before she too had to return to work.

{END RP}

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users