Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Carriages To The Castle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rush Markowitz

Rush Markowitz

Ballycastle Bats Seeker, Bartender at The Black Knight, Son of Leander Markowitz, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Adult, Shop Assistant
  • 1013 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:14 1/7 inches, Red oak wood, Chimera scale fragment
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:53 PM

A slight smile pulled up his lips as he heard her speak. Pippa's tone was generally very soft, lilting towards a gentler form of speaking. It was very..her. And it made him smile for some reason..which was possibly not good. Again. He heard her as she spoke, his eyes turning sideways to look at her; a little concerned over the details she had given. It seemed like she didn't remember much of the reason behind why she can see them, but it must have been painful. "That must be hard, not knowing what caused you to see them. And having these memories without knowing the reason behind them.." He spoke up. He didn't really know much about her life, but what she spoke had made that knowledge gap all the more pronounced. His face set into a grim line as she stated that he could see them too. It wasn't something he spoke about to anyone. In fact, none of his friends or best friends would even know about it since he was very private about the details. And that was something, considering Rush is the most unabashed person when it comes to talking. His eyes turned back to the creature, as he raised his hand to touch it gently as well. It was a reminder of that night.

"I lost my mother.." He started, his voice coming out a little different as he spoke. "..when I was 4. I was there with her when it happened." He sighed, stroking the creature a bit. He didn't have many memories of his life before that, but that day was etched in his mind. And he wished he had memories before that, because what actually sucked was that he didn't remember much of his mother when she was alive. He remembered only the time when she died. He didn't elaborate further, because he wasn't sure what he else he could say. There was so much history there, that at times it was a box better kept locked. His eyes moved to her though, as her hand reached for his necktie. He grinned at her sarcastic comment, though his eyes were trained on her hand which was expertly sorting out the necktie. Because if he looked at her face, he would probably think of things he shouldn't. The proximity wasn't lost on him completely. "That was..impressive." He added, touching his necktie and adjusting it a little more. "In that party? Lady, I was the mastermind behind it!" He added with a proud grin. "Why didn't you join? I already had one head student there. Not like we were doing something illegal." He added, some sort of light returning back to his eyes as he spoke of the party. And he had noticed she hadn't joined, because he had been hoping she did.

• Pippa Miller likes this

#22 OFFLINE   Pippa Miller

Pippa Miller

Daughter of Pete Miller, Curse Breaker at Gringotts, Clairsentience; Animagus; Official Gryffindor Alumna

• Curse Breaker
  • Others: Adult
  • 2239 posts
  • Location1496 North Street
  • Wand Type:10 3/4 Ash Wood with Horned Serpent horn and Thunderbird tail feather, Unyielding
  • Nickname(s):Pippa, Pip

Posted 29 August 2020 - 06:57 PM

Ever since Pippa talked to Rush at Camp Avalon, they’ve been close friends and there were few things she had the privilege to witness while talking to him, one would be the moments when he smiles. His eyes crinkled at the edges and the corner of his lips turned upwards, revealing his dimples. It will not take long before it’ll be followed by a sarcastic remark, a joke, a musing about how billiards is an art, and then soon enough, he was grinning and every single time, so was she. It’s rather…contagious. And that’s what has been happening whenever they encounter each other, even now. It’s his unique trait, it made him charming and arrogant at the same time, possibly attracting the girls out there. Pippa looked down on the ground at his comment, “I have a feeling I’ve known it before but maybe it was too traumatic that my mind refused to remember it…” or maybe someone placed a spell on her to forget her painful past. “But it’s okay, it has never been an issue, I will not waste my time trying to remember the things that I have no recollection about. I still believe I’ll remember them when the times comes.” She smiled at him, and for the first time noticed the change in his demeanor. Gone was his playful smile, it was replaced with gloomy expression while he’s sharing about his mother. For the first time tonight, she’s looking at a different Rush, this one’s full of pain and longing. “You know…you’re still lucky you had a mother, that you grew up knowing her, that you had memories of her, even if it’s not really something you want to talk about openly. And you also have your dad who loves your dearly.” Pippa heaved a sigh, “I don’t have memories of my parents…at all. I’ve only learned about their names and my birthplace recently. But all my life, I feel like I was lost, merely existing but not living.” She’s like floating and going with the flow in this so-called life. At least now she has all the information she needed, all that’s left to do it is to get closure.

In truth, Rush’s presence can put Pippa at ease, she can talk to him about personal stuff without feeling nervous or anxious. While other may roll their eyes at his arrogance and playful nature, it’s different for her, he always exudes positive effect on her. She chuckled, “I only fixed your tie Markowitz, nothing’s impressive there. You can even do it yourself but you're too lazy to even comb your hair.” She finally turned and head toward the last carriage, motioning him to follow her. “I wasn’t surprised to know you’re the mastermind, really.” She suspected that the moment she heard about a party being held at one of the carriages. His name just popped in her mind, she even remembered shaking her head while on her way to the storage room. “I didn’t say about anything illegal, silly.” She sat down on the chair and explained the reason of her absence. "I just came from Japan, I’m not used to muggle transportation. It was the most excruciating 16 hr pain-in-the-arse trip of my life. My body clock is still messed up, I was so sleepy all the time, so excuse me if I’ve chosen to take a nap rather than attend your party. I’ll make it up to you soon. For sure you’ll think of something crazy for the Gryffindor students." She grinned, already counting on it.

Edited by Pippa Miller, 29 August 2020 - 07:09 PM.

• Rush Markowitz likes this

#23 OFFLINE   Esme Warren

Esme Warren
  • Hufflepuff 3rd Year
  • 594 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Wand Type:Willow. Dragon Heartstring. 11 inches.
  • Nickname(s):Mae
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 30 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

[Homesick]

Sherlock made a soft jump hearing Esme’s voice, but he smiled at her as she climbed into the carriage. He noticed her immaculate tones and the shiny badge on it, He smiled, “I’m ok... Nothing, really... I” He waved his hand as if to dismiss a bad thought, forcing himself to smile, “I was thinking it was a little too early to be homesick... Even if...” he tried his best to sound natural, although something told him that this was not his best work.

He looked at her, his hand gesturing at her, “nice badge! It looks good on you. How do’ you feel? Ready to be all important in the corridors, give and deduct points?” He chuckled. He knew how gentle Esme could be; he could even understand her stress, the badge could be a pressure on people. Sherlock slid closer to her, shoving her softly, gently, with his shoulder, playfully, trying to lift her spirits and his at the same time. “Listen, let’s try not to think about home, about parents or everything else. Let’s try to have a good time, ok? It’s feast day, right? Everything is going to be okay.... It has to.

[write a 'what i did last summer' essay]

Esme looked at her friend and was actually a little concerned as she settled down in her seat opposite him. "Yeh sure? Yeh can talk t'me about anythin' y'know," If there was something bothering Sherlock she was always there if he needed to unload and have a girls perspective on anything. It was a well known fact that as a gender women were more understanding and empathic, she even added that to the list of reasons why she wanted to work in psychiatry.

"I dunno, I feel a wee bit like a fraud having it," she admitted to him even thought she knew there were valid reasons as to why she got the position. It was one of the only positive things to come out of the summer and although one thing overshadowed all the good that happened it took up a paragraph in her essay that she wrote. Most of it was taken up with Becks and the fun she had with him. Nudging him back, Esme gave a weaker smile, forgetting at there was twelve weeks before going back home. "Fun and lessons and trying to be a good prefect. Ad avoiding Juds,"

#24 OFFLINE   Rush Markowitz

Rush Markowitz

Ballycastle Bats Seeker, Bartender at The Black Knight, Son of Leander Markowitz, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1013 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade

Posted 30 August 2020 - 12:57 PM

Rush regarded her with a curious expression as she spoke. It seemed to him that the trauma was possibly something she had been struggling with all this while, but had never really recognize that she was struggling with it. There is something about the tough times and the hard emotions in your life that your mind tries to eclipse you from, just to prevent you from feeling the pain. Rush would know, when he had lost his mother, he had refused to acknowledge the fact for the longest time. He had pretended that mom was still around and she was in the hospital; and after he had accepted her death, he had gone years with the whole 'I am fine because I don't remember that..' and he truly did not remember it. It had only been one day in Koldovstoretz, when he had seen a photo of his mom in her quidditch gear, that he had broken down - much to the surprise of all his friends. He had remembered everything in excruciating detail, and had felt the claws of the past dragging him down. Eventually, it had become a healing process for him - but he knew, even now, a lot of times he skipped that fateful night in his night. That was the only way he could still be the way he was today. The fun guy who is always laughing and who always has something to say.

He nodded at her words. "The mind has a way of forgetting the most painful memories.." He murmured, as his heart ached, thinking about his mother. His gaze softened at her words. "Allow me to say something..if that is okay?" He added in a questioning tone, holding her gaze, before continuing. "I know its not my place to tell you what to do, or disrupt your peace in any way - but sometimes, its best..to remember. And to keep trying to remember." He sighed. "It's easier to forget, and have that blissful ignorance going for you; but it will manifest in some way in your life and come back to hurt you. And that is more destructive..." The topic of his mother had always been hard for Rush, because he felt that no one would really understand what he went through after. He had not only lost his mother, but also his sister who died during childbirth. So, when Pippa spoke up, and told him about how she didn't even know her parents name until recently, it dawned on him a bit how she had possibly faced a fate worse than his. His eyes turned to her, taking in her form and connecting the dots a little. And he felt for her, he truly did. He could imagine a young Pippa with no person to call a mother or a father, maybe no sense of family - and it saddened him. He reached forward, clasping her hand in his (gm?) and giving it a small squeeze. "I had no idea.." He spoke, his voice a little heavy with emotion. "I am sorry you had to go through that. I can hardly imagine who it must have been like for you." He wasn't sure if he had any right to say the next words, or if she would even feel comfortable, but they did come out. "You know I am here right? If you need to talk or anything..I am here." He had held onto her hand a little longer, and with another squeeze and a small smile he let go of it completely. 

He rolled her eyes at her words, because okay, number 1 - he is lazy but there was a number 2 as well. The dishevelled look was in okay? Chicks dig that, truly. And it made you seem all sorts of cool. So in a way Rush had purposefully left that look on. "Let's just say I prefer you fixing it for me.." He gave her a playful wink, his tone having that teasing lilt to it. What? The light flirting had always been in his nature. Following her to the last carriage, he grinned rather proudly when she said that she wasn't surprised at the info of him being the instigator. "And that is exactly the things I was going for. People should know..Rush Markowitz is In. The. House!" He said, his voice rising in excitement by the end of his sentence. Taking a seat next to her in the carriage, he heard about her trip to Japan and nodded. Yeah, he remembered the conversation from the prefect compartment. He chuckled, raising his hands. "Fine fine..you are excused lady. But just..for this time." At her mention of having something crazy for the Gryff students, he grinned. "Yeah, that would be a cool idea. Considering its my last year in school and everything. We totally need to have a gryffindor party or something." The carriages were starting to move, and there was no one else in theirs. Rush glanced outside the window, at a distance the castle shimmered with all its lights. Down by the lake you could spot the first years on the boats as they moved towards the school. It was rather mystical, as the school drew nearer. He turned back to Pippa, his eyes on her for the briefest second before turning back to the front. He had suddenly remembered Alex.

#25 OFFLINE   Pippa Miller

Pippa Miller

Daughter of Pete Miller, Curse Breaker at Gringotts, Clairsentience; Animagus; Official Gryffindor Alumna

• Curse Breaker
  • 2239 posts
  • Wand Type:10 3/4 Ash Wood with Horned Serpent horn and Thunderbird tail feather, Unyielding

Posted 31 August 2020 - 06:27 AM

Pippa noticed the expression on his face soften and in a very mysterious way he looked carefree like a child´s face does. If you look closer, you could see the perfected mask of pretence crumbling down and raw emotions taking over. If you listen carefully, you could hear the cries buried down deep beneath the fake laughs. It was fascinating how his real feelings surfaced into the light. There was a very spirited as well as clever expression in his eyes, but the most conspicuous was the deep love and peace they conveyed when he talked about his mother and even now that he’s talking to her about the power of the mind at dealing with painful memories. One could easily see the pain he’s hiding as his whole body seemed to talk with longing and understanding it was hard to believe that this guy is just the same age as hers. She just found herself nodding without uttering a single word when he said he wanted to say something. To say she was speechless was an understatement of the century while she’s listening to Rush. Is this really Rush? The real one? Pippa gazed at him in wonder and one would even notice admiration there, mostly because this is the first time she heard him speak so...deep, so passionate, and so heart-felt. His calm voice and gestures are more convincing than any powerful and eloquent talk. She could only stare at their linked hands and somehow, the simple gesture touched her heart when he squeezed her hand. She guessed it’s the reason why he was successful in convincing her to try to remember and be open about her feelings even how painful it’s going to be, because when you watch him say those things, you cannot help but agree with him. 

When he said he’ll be there for her, Pippa couldn’t contain her smile now, so she did and commented teasingly while feeling her cheeks warming at his little action, “Wow Rush, I didn’t know you’re this…intense...who would have thought? Don’t ever show this side to your fans, you’ll break their heart.” Due to giddiness or disappointment, she’s not sure, but she had a feeling it’s going to be the former. She’s just trying to lighten the mood, but she knew deep inside, everything he said is right. Pippa clasped her hands together in front of her, “There was a time in my life I expressed my feelings in a true way, when I was young, but I realized, after so many disappointments, I can't go on like that, I can't keep bawling like a baby and throwing tantrums like a toddler.” Well technically she’s still a toddler that time, she doesn’t understand the reason why no one wanted to adopt her. She’s one of the few who already grew up at the orphanage because no one was interested to get her, she ended up helping and taking care of the young kids. “I need to get a grip on my mind, or else I would have gone crazy by now, but there was a balance, a point of virtue, that I went passed so long ago. Every negative emotion is buried before I can even feel it, so I can survive. I don’t know if you’ll understand that, but it has become my defense mechanism."

Pippa sat down comfortably but then she wriggled her forefinger at him to point out something, “Correction, you prefer any girls to fix it for you, I was just the willing victim tonight. Sorry to say, that would the first and last time I am going to do that for you.” She stuck her tongue out at him playfully, suddenly feeling like a child in the presence of this guy. This time she was the one who rolled her eyes, “Goodness, that’s the legacy you want to leave here? Not cool Markowitz, why not join the Gryffindor Quidditch team and grace them with your overbearing presence? Our house could use that overconfidence attitude of yours.” Although she agreed with the Gryffindor party before their graduation, “I would love that, we can maybe plan that in the middle of the term? I’ll help of course.” She was surprised when she noticed it’s just the two of them now, they’re too engaged in their conversation that majority of them already left, leaving just them both. Sheesh! They’re both mesmerize by the light coming from the carriage and the castle which had become their home for the past 7 years. Her eyes landed on the boats which contain all the first years, you can hear their contained excitement and nervous voices. She can’t help but reminisce the time when it was her who's just a newbie, coming here was her greatest blessing. “I am going to miss this you know…” She shared with her companion. “Any plans after graduation?” Pippa yawned as she asked him that question. Now she’s sleepy again!

Edited by Pippa Miller, 31 August 2020 - 06:41 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   Rush Markowitz

Rush Markowitz

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1013 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:25 AM

Rush had never shown this side of his to anyone. It might have been by choice, or just by chance - because such sensitive topics rarely came up in his discussions. Or he just avoided them. Or people didn't notice because of the way he was. But this was new, for Rush. There was a part of him that he kept away from the real world, the part that thought about things and pondered them. The part that had been deeply shaken by the loss he had experienced, and had been very meticulous at keeping the rest of the world away. The part that had fallen down, hurt itself and had learnt to get up and take care of itself as well. The part that he was slowly unearthing now, speaking about it for the first time in front of anyone. And the funny thing was, he didn't mind. He didn't mind telling her these things, and coming off as a different kind of person than everyone was used to - because he wanted to tell her, even if it made him 'uncool'. It was crazy, they had hardly known each other beyond the last few months, had spoken not many times as well, but with everything she had shared and just with the way she was - if there had to be someone he exposed his hidden self to, he was glad it was Pippa Miller. 

He also had gazed silently at their linked hands, before letting go of them. He still felt the warmth in his hand, and he had quickly stuffed his hand in his pocket. And there it was, that smile again - causing him to falter with whatever thought process that was going through his head. And he felt his lips pull up as well, a chuckle coming out at the mention of his fans. Okay, what was it with girls talking about him and his fans. Not that he minded, of course. "Don't worry, my fans don't get to see this ever." He caught her eyes, before looking away. "Nobody does." He said softly, but then stopped himself from pondering further, literally pulling himself away from whatever he was thinking. What was he doing? He heard her as she spoke, telling him about a time when she was young and how she stopped really expressing or talking about what she was actually going through - and it pinched him in a way. What had even happened in the world to hurt her in such a way? And why? Burying everything wrong she felt, not thinking about it just to not feel the pain. He wanted to know more, but he knew this wasn't the right time. "I do.." He added. "I understand. It must have been suffocating." He sighed. "You are good, Pippa Miller. You are strong, and a survivor. And its fine to fall weak sometimes..its fine if you want to throw a tantrum." He grinned. "Or bawl like a baby..No judgement here." Raising his hand, he poked her nose playfully. He was trying to lighten the environment as well, and truth be told he felt a tinge of affection for her. 

He rolled his eyes, very visibly, as she spoke about preferring any girl to fix him up. "Yeah yeah..the "girls"..." He put air quotes around the word. "They are everywhere. Look outside and you will see some hanging behind the carriage as well." He retorted back sarcastically, snickering at the end of it. "You can't blame them, Miller.." He spread his arms as if to say 'just look at me'. He chuckled at the way she stuck out her tongue, though her next words did cause him to listen. He was in fact planning to try out for the quidditch team, but the term legacy brought in a different meaning for him. "First of all, this legacy is cool, okay? Who wouldn't want to be known for throwing the best parties in a school that is always just into 'studying'. That's fun!" He spoke in the same excited tone that usually came to him when it was about a party, or something fun. "I do plan to try out for quidditch this term. Maybe..go in for captaincy as well?" He shrugged. "I used to play back in Koldovstoretz and Durmstrang, both. Should be easy." He added casually, totally not knowing that Pippa played in the team as well. And lookie, there was that overconfident attitude she was mentioning just now. "I am in. Let's do this." He added as she spoke about possibly having a party somewhere around mid of term. Should be fun. 

The lights twinkled ahead, as the carriage trudged on in that slow, almost swing like motion that came with the movement of the thestrals. It was making Rush a bit sleepy as well, because he had been super tired after the long train ride and the party. His eyes stayed on the castle as he heard her speak, and though he couldn't relate much with the feeling of leaving the school, because he had hardly been there for 2 years, he felt something similar - but this was more about the school life. The houses, the friends, the crazy parties. "I feel you.." He muttered, watching the lights come closer slowly. At the mention of graduation, his eyes moved to her as he gave a shrug. "I don't know. Its all a little confusing.." He sighed. "I want to play in the leagues. The big ones..But I am not sure how good I am for that. Or if I will be just setting myself up for failure if I go down the route." He said, rather honestly, the whole facade of him being the best gone in his voice now. "What about you? Any plans?" Looking at her yawn had triggered a yawn from him as well, as he raised his hand to mask it. Darnit, the movement of the carriages and the dim lights inside versus the twinkling lights outside was making him sleepy. Plus, there was that nip of fall in the air.

#27 OFFLINE   Pippa Miller

Pippa Miller

• Curse Breaker
  • 2239 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 12:55 PM

Rush told her not everyone has the privilege to see that side of him, Pippa smiled in appreciation, “Do i dare say i’m smug hearing that? Because i am! At least next time i have something to brag about you.” She was kidding, of course his secret of being a softie is safe with her. It was not easy to bare your soul to someone else, let alone trust them with your weakness and vulnerability. She wrinkled her nose after he poked it unexpectedly, knowing it was his way of comforting her. She caught his hand and this time, it was she who squeezed it. “Thank you... for the support, for understanding. I’ve never shared this to anyone, ever. I’m usually uncomfortable sharing my personal story but yeah well, i don’t know what happened just now, but i’m glad i did, it helped a lot. Don’t worry if i need a shoulder to cry on, you’ll be on top of my list.” Pippa chuckled.

Pippa hit Rush in the arm softly,“Sometimes i want to punch you in the face for your sarcasm and arrogance. What i’ll do to tame that, i’ll use it as my trophy.”She snorted playfully. Pippa encountered annoyingly overconfident people from time to time, the ones who as if they know everything. Sometimes it’s hard not to let them get under your skin but with Rush, it’s more of amusement rather than irritation she felt whenever he will boast about how awesome he is. But she’s starting to manage how to deal with that attitude of his and just enjoy his company, it‘s more beneficial for them both. And with the things she learned tonight, there’s something to Rush that’s worth knowing or exploring, and maybe at the deepest level he really is good and kind. It’s mostly something in his background story that caused him to have that overconfident behavior.“oh trust me, i am not blaming them one bit, this one’s on you.” Cant blame the girls if they found him irresistible, she can see it too, it just so happened that there was someone else in her mind and heart right now. If she’s not going to be careful around him, she would be in danger of hurting herself. Rush may be nice, but still, she’s not sure if she can trust him as a ‘guy’. He always paraded his adoration of girls and how he throws awesome parties which means he’s enjoying a lot of attention from other women which is a red flag for Pippa. She smiled when he confirmed he’s planning to tryout for Gryffindor quidditch team though. That’s something they both liked. “Me too, i’ve always been a Gryffindor quidditch player but i have to check my schedule first if i have more time to play quidditch. With me being a head student, then the list of advanced studies to attend to, not to mention reviewing and preparing for NEWTs, will take a lot of my time so i don’t know.” She shrugged, she will not admit it to Rush that she’s going to be sad and disappointed if she will not be able to play for her house on her last year.

Hogwarts castle was lit against the black backdrop of the sky, visibly showing its brilliance from afar. Pippa sat in the back of a carriage together with Rush as they journey toward the castle. She gazed at the castle beyond the trees and let out a long sigh as she saw the small window of the Gryffindor Common Room. She momentarily fell silent, relishing in the peace and quiet of the cold night time air. Rush shared his plans after graduation and hearing his doubt made her smile as she shook her head at him. “For someone who’s confident about a lot of things, you sure do sound like a wimp.” She was suddenly washed with feeling of dejavu, she had this kind of conversation with someone close to her before. “You sound like a friend of mine who has the same ambition and dream of becoming pro someday but he also expressed his doubts about his chosen career.” She usually speaks of Alec fondly because he’s like an older brother to her. “But he’s famous now, he achieved his dream of becoming a pro-quidditch player. In fact, you know him well, he’s part of Gryffindor Quidditch team - Alec Ryuu.” She grinned and looked at her hands on her lap. “So i think if you really set your mind to it, you can make it big some day.”She sneaked a glance at him despite the darkness around them. “I know it’s not going to be an easy route, but everyone has to start from somewhere right? The main question is how you’re going to deal with it. I know you can do it Rush.” He asked her about her own plans and this one was an easy question, she glanced at the sky while sharing her plans, “Well i’m all set to becoming a Junior Curse Breaker. I attended my internship at Gringgots before. It’s always been a dream of mine to be a total badass lady curse breaker.” It was during her internship when she first met Alex and ever since that time, he had been a huge part of her life. Pippa blinked her eyes repeatedly, she’s really sleepy now, the muscles of her face relaxed, releasing the exhaustion and tension of the day. In the next moment she fell asleep, body relaxed, breathing steadily as her head dip slowly onto Rush shoulder when the carriage hit a small bump. Pippa sighed in her sleep and nuzzled on her soft pillow contentedly. As her consciousness receded, her mind went into free fall, whirling with the beautiful promise of a new dream.

/ end it?

Edited by Pippa Miller, 31 August 2020 - 06:28 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   Sherlock Thorns

Sherlock Thorns

Elemental Magic-Fire, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Actor, Wandless Magic

• Artist
  • 1355 posts
  • LocationLondon, Diagon Alley
  • Wand Type:Bloodwood, chimaera mane hair core, slightly springy, 12"
  • Nickname(s):Sher
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 31 August 2020 - 06:49 PM

[Play truth or dare with your friend]

Sherlock was looking at Esme and Beckett, trying hard not to feel weird or swallowed by their common memories of their worst day yet. It found difficult to not appear like staring at them, silent, being awkward... He needed to find something to do, something that would make them go back to that point in time, where they would be just as before, friends, without worry and wonder, without hurt.

He turned to them, moving away from the older students so not to annoy them, and to stay closer to his friends, and finally said, “What about we do a little game to pass time? Do you want to play truth or dare?” Could be fun, don’t you think?” He said out of blue. Obviously, he hadn’t exactly thought the thing through...

• Healer Beckett Evans and Esme Warren like this

#29 OFFLINE   Healer Beckett Evans

Healer Beckett Evans

Animal Telepathy, Animagus, Official Hufflepuff Alumnus, Eeylop's Owl Emporium Owner, Wandless Magic, HAC Animal Healer

• Hogwarts Staff
  • Others: Adult, Shopkeeper
  • 1371 posts
  • LocationDiagon Alley
  • Wand Type:10" Apple wood with unicorn hair core
  • Nickname(s):Puffball

Posted 31 August 2020 - 07:03 PM

Becks turned to see Sherlock as soon as he spoke. He had been looking to the scenery, absentmindedly really, lost in his own little world of adventure, dragons and princesses and as soon as Sherlock spoke he sort of dug himself out of there. He tilted his head to look at his mate and then over to pretty Esme before nodding. "Yeah," he said, not able to hide he was actually excited about it, "Sounds like a good idea. I'm in!... so, you ask then," he told Sherlock and smiled, looking at Esme and getting comfortable to play the game everyone fears because those dares could be pretty darn messy! 

• Sherlock Thorns and Esme Warren like this

#30 OFFLINE   Sherlock Thorns

Sherlock Thorns

Elemental Magic-Fire, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Actor, Wandless Magic

• Artist
  • 1355 posts
  • LocationLondon, Diagon Alley
  • Wand Type:Bloodwood, chimaera mane hair core, slightly springy, 12"
  • Nickname(s):Sher

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:20 PM

Sherlock felt better now that Beckett was making eye contact and seemed to be on board with the little game he had proposed. That was a good way to get to know people better, with the trick of what seemed like a simple game. This little game... it was in fact so much more. Sherlock moved closer to Esme and Beckett, enough so he wouldn’t need to speak louder for them to hear the questions or instructions. He got comfortable and looked at them, one after the other, before focusing on Beckett, “So... Becks... What do you want: truth or dare?

• Esme Warren likes this

#31 OFFLINE   Esme Warren

Esme Warren
  • Hufflepuff 3rd Year
  • 594 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Wand Type:Willow. Dragon Heartstring. 11 inches.
  • Nickname(s):Mae
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:04 AM

Truth or dare? This could end really well, really bad or really weird but she could see that the two boys were up for it and she didn't want to be the fly in the ointment as it were. Esme rolled her bottom lip and nodded her head slowly as she looked at the both of them and shifted in her seat to get comfortable and hopefully not embarrass herself too much. She caught Beck's look and gave him a smile back, not even going nearly as pink as she would have done over the summer, that wasn't to say she didn't find him less attractive. It just meant she was getting a little better at hiding it. Hopefully. The carriage jolted pretty violently as they went along the road - if you could call it that causing her to mutter swear words to herself.

"Aye, go on then. I'm in,"

Her blue eyes looked at Becks, wondering what he'd pick and what Sherlock had in store for him. Honestly with these two, you could never be too sure about anything.

#32 OFFLINE   Shaad Hennings

Shaad Hennings

Son of Canry & Jason Hennings, Empathy, Animagus, Official Slytherin Alumnus, Daily Prophet Crime Journalist

• Journalist
  • 902 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:13 1/4" , Aspen Wood, Sphinx Hair Core, Sun Crow Feather Core

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:45 AM

Goldie busted into a laugh, covering her mouth with her hand and using the other to smack him gently on the arm. "You know what I meant, punk," she teased back and laughed again. Romantic. But really, looking into the animals eyes could give you a sense of them. At least that worked for her. She was disappointed that they wouldn't be able to see each other after the feast, although she knew how sleepy she would be. She had already nearly fallen asleep on the train. She did appreciate his suggestion to get someone to take their picture. "Bri might do it for us. Maybe this weekend." Goldie felt better thinking about that. She wanted to document everything... Make a little scrapbook to store her memories of her first relationship. Who wouldn't want that? The carriage was almost at the castle, she could tell. "Come here," she said suddenly, pulling him toward her by the front of his robes. She kissed him eagerly, a few times in a row, just as the carriage pulled to a stop. "I needed my fix," she explained and giggled shyly, her cheeks quite pink in embarrassment when she opened the carriage door and stepped down and out.

Shaad broke into a wide grin moving slightly backward playfully as she swatted him. It was good to know that Bri would take out the time. Shaad hasn't spoken to her in a while but he figured since he and Goldie were officially together, he should be trying getting to know Bri too. "That's thoughtful of her." Moving closer, he snaked his arms around her kissing her back gently the same way. The slight bump of the carriage was the sign that they had reached. Shaad chuckled as she got out, fixing his uniform as he too followed her, his eyes grazing the castle outline in the dark. The familiar feeling crept over him as he stepped towards the door as the 6th year.

• Marigold Hennings likes this

#33 OFFLINE   Rush Markowitz

Rush Markowitz

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1013 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade

Posted 01 September 2020 - 04:04 PM

Rush chuckled and shook his head at her as she spoke about being smug. She could be, it was actually something to be smug about, if she spoke about it to other people. Rush Markowitz, talking about his emotions to someone. The "girls" Pippa spoke so much about would be jealous if they even existed. He wasn't expecting it, but this time she held his hand and squeezed it, causing a warmth to spread through his body. He is a 17 year old who had flirted with other girls, danced with them in the bars, possibly held hands for..other reasons. But this felt a lot more intimate, somebody holding his hand for comfort. And then she had let go a lot sooner. Rush coughed, trying to transform back from his weird "deep" self to his normal self. "Looking forward to it.." He said, flashing her the signature charming smile he dished out a lot.

"Hey..don't blame the sarcasm and arrogance.." He said, chuckling at the hit he took on his arm. "There are a lot of ways to tame me.." He added teasingly, raising an eyebrow at her choice of words. There was obviously a double innuendo behind his words, though she might not catch that immediately. "I can give you a list if you want, some are obviously more preferred than the other.." He chuckled, looking away. This came naturally to him, the quick banter and the back and forth. Call it a gift, but he knew what were the right words to say to reel them in, but that doesn't mean he did that purposefully. It was just the way he was, and yes, like any other person, he enjoyed the attention it brought in. Who would not want to be popular. Especially, we are talking about a guy who wanted to be a famous quidditch player - of course he had the popularity angle in his mind apart from the sheer will to play that game and be the best at it. Going to the big leagues meant you are recognized as the best, it meant people looked at you and wanted to be you - Rush wanted that; to be the best at quidditch and to be known for it. And he didn't feel he was doing anything wrong in wanting to be popular. Talking of quidditch, Rush was a bit surprised when Pippa said that she was a player as well. "You play? Seriously? You have to try for the quidditch team! Hell, I have all those things on my plate too - except the head student part." He grinned at her, because the idea of them playing together was pretty interesting for him. He had never seen Pippa show the slightest bit of aggression, and she seemed too soft for a game like quidditch. Hence he wanted to see her in action, it would be intriguing to say the least - he figured he might even discover a different side of hers. "Okay, at least a practice match? You and me. What say?" He proposed, so even if she doesn't join the team they can at least play together. 

The back of the carriage was a rather comfortable place; especially with the partial darkness that covered it. It felt like they were in a bubble of theirs, with no one around - and it wasn't awkward or anything. There was no other human being, and since their's was the last carriage, there was no other sound apart from the subtle knocking of the thestral's feet on the ground. Rush would alternate between gazing outside and then back at her, because something about this just seemed somewhat intimate to him. He had only had such conversations with one person before - and he knew how that had ended for him. Maybe it was just his heart's tendencies, to think a bit more when someone was able to breach its defenses. Maybe there was nothing behind all this. He rolled his eyes at her first statement about him being a wimp, because if there was anything he was not - that was a wimp. This guy took everything head on, but that didn't mean he wasn't allowed to have moments of self doubt. He looked at her as she spoke, a tinge of surprise passing through him. "Alec Ryuu..you mean the Bats player? Yes I know him! He is teammates with my cousin, Astrid." He added, surprised that Pippa knew him, though if the guy was a gryffindor team player it wouldn't be so surprising. His face formed into a straight line as she spoke about setting his mind to it..because he did. He was pretty set about what he wanted to do, but honestly - there were a lot of quidditch players in the country. Not everyone made it big, and it was all about that one performance you could deliver in that one match where the sponsors and the team coaches were present. Even if you were super amazing, and you failed to perform there, it was of no use. You didn't get a lot of chances. He nodded at her words about starting somewhere, a sigh escaping him, but it was her other words that caused him to smile slightly, looking at her sideways - having the urge to hold her hand again, which he didn't. "That means a lot.." He breathed out. 

As she spoke about her plans about being a cursebreaker was when it hit him again..Alex. He knew they had met during her internship in Gringotts. And he knew Alex liked her. Well, he liked her enough to tell him, because Alex didn't share much about many girls, even though they shared a comfort that he didn't share with Mags. About him and Mags, Rush had understood because of their demeanor towards each other and the mild flirting that would take place. Heck, he would have been stupid if he didn't understand that both of his best friends had something going on. But, it wasn't something Alex had shared himself before. So somehow, Rush had got the gist that this was something..different for him as well. "That's cool.." He murmured, his thoughts elsewhere now. He wasn't really supposed to feel this, but there a strange ache in him as he thought of this. Rush felt conflicted, because he knew which direction his heart was taking him..and he could not go there. It was at that point, he felt something roll onto his shoulders and he looked sideways to see Pippa's head resting against it; causing his gaze to soften. She had fallen asleep, and she truly looked so peaceful sleeping. As if on instinct, his arm went around her shoulders, letting her sleep more comfortably on his chest. They were still some way away from their destination, and Rush felt a bit peaceful. He was tired as well, and the slow movements were causing his eyes to drift close as well. Though he tried landing his head on the window pane for sleep, when they finally woke up his head had been resting gently over hers. 

/end RP

#34 OFFLINE   Official Lydia Hyland

Official Lydia Hyland

Beauxbatons Transfer; Animagus, Official Slytherin Alumna, Junior Auror

• Ministry Official
  • 987 posts
  • LocationCounty Clare, Ireland
  • Wand Type:11 1/4", African Rose Wood, Hippogriff & Fwooper Feathers
  • Nickname(s):Dia
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 01 September 2020 - 05:01 PM

[Game of cards]

The train trip was nearing to an end and once she was changed, Lydia put her minor belongings in her tiny bag. One of it was a pack of cards which she used to play a game of cards with Sebastian. Lydia changed in her uniform, trying her hair in a nice braid before stepping out of the compartment. It was their last year at Hogwarts, can you believe it? They will graduate and do adult things... like an adult job. Lydia was looking forward to her final year. She moved away from her compartment and towards the platform where everyone was waiting for a carriage. This was so surreal. Time had passed way too fast and she remembered getting sorted herself as if it was the same year. Lydia sighed as she moved forward. This year would be about making memories.

#35 OFFLINE   Santiago Córdoba

Santiago Córdoba

Official Slytherin Alumnus, Beater of the Tutshill Tornados

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1277 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
  • Wand Type:13' Boomslang Venom with Black Walnut wood, rigid
  • Nickname(s):Santi

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:57 PM

[take the wrong luggage]

Santi was on a freakin' roll today let me tell you! First it was the whole fiasco with sharing the same compartment as Nora and Ana, Maggie being pissy at him, possibly getting murdered later due to the stupidity of a truth and dare game that resulted in his HOH's belongings being tossed out the window, one of his most chipper friends going through some weird, existential crises, and now to top it off he had the wrong luggage. He didn't realize until he lugged the thing inside of the carriage and saw that it was totally not his. I guess in his haste he had made the mistake but already felt so defeated that he sighed out in an exasperated way. Whatever. Whoever had his belongings he assumed they would return it and if not then he'd have to be sending his mother an owl asking her to send a whole bunch of stuff and that would be a whole ordeal within itself. With that heavy feeling on his shoulder, he blew out a raspberry to relieve tension and just tried to enjoy the ride to the castle. There was no point in whining over spilt milk. 

#36 OFFLINE   Mason Conway

Mason Conway

Official Slytherin Alumnus

• Magizoologist
  • 325 posts
  • LocationHogwarts
  • Wand Type:13' Dittany Stalk core with Redwood, bendy
  • Nickname(s):Mace

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:22 PM

[Threstrals]

Threstrals

These creatures were enough to give anyone nightmares. As Mace exited the train along with Franky, Val and Jace he couldn't help but wonder how many students were able to see the creatures, especially those that were exposed after the horrible attack to all the dead bodies he had heard littered the blast zone. He had read on their sinister appearance and was lucky to say that he wasn't one of those people that could be witness to them. He fell silent, for some reason feeling a sense of eeriness creep up on him and tensed up slightly. Without realizing it he held Franky's hand a little tighter and helped her into the carriage and plopped next to her. She would probably know what was weighing heavy on his mind, but he was quick to dissipate whatever concerns that may have been lingering in the air and whispered something in her ear that was sure to make her smile and placed a kiss on her cheek before looking out the window. Nearly back at Hogwarts. This would be his last carriage ride up but was so grateful to come with his girl by his side. 

• Francoise Turei likes this

#37 OFFLINE   Francoise Turei

Francoise Turei

Durmstrang Transfer, Official Slytherin Alumna

• Magizoologist
  • 655 posts
  • LocationAitutaki
  • Wand Type:9¾" Sugar Maple with Kelpie Hair, slightly springy
  • Nickname(s):Franky(ie), Franz
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:39 AM

{thestrals}

Just like Mace and many others, Franky couldn't see the thestrals, and was blissfully unaware of their eeriness. Actually, she had never asked Val if she was able to see them, so she turned to the couple, "Are you able to see the thestrals?" She'd like to know how they look like, as a simple picture didn't sufice. However, Mace had squeezed her hand and frowned, giving him a curious look. It didn't seem like he could see them, but the fact that you had to have seen death to see the skinny horse-like creatures, could have triggered something in him. Franky rubbed the back of his hand with her thumb, and placed a kiss on his cheek once she was up the carriage. She wouldn't mention it, just gift him warm looks and tender kisses to help ease his mind. "One last time, guys," Was she getting nostalgic now? Well, at least she had finally managed ot ride the carriage with both Val and Mace, the two besties and their significant others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users