Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Camp Avalon Appreciation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Sorcha Logan

Prof. Sorcha Logan

Headmistress of Hogwarts, Director of Student Life, animagus, occlumens

• Governor
  • Others: Gryffindor House Administration, Head Professor, Hogwarts Head Staff (H), Hufflepuff Affiliate, Hufflepuff House Administration, Ravenclaw House Administration, Slytherin House Administration
  • 9168 posts
  • Wand Type:16" Purple heart with Phoenix Ash, whippy
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:12 PM

mkRklOR.png

Greetings!

As we ring in our 15th year at Hogwarts Online, it is important to give credit where credit is due. This summer we initiated the second annual Camp Avalon in place of our formerly traditional summer term spent at Hogwarts. While the class content has remained similar (more relaxed and elective courses than typical academic courses), so much else about the camp experience is new and a welcomed, refreshing addition to our site.

If you are new to Hogwarts Online, or were not present during the 2019 summer term, you may not know that we have former governors Prof. Annabelle Nylund and Official Liam Kartak to thank for the creation of Camp Avalon. These two brilliant writers envisioned a reform for the way summer term was held on our site. They spent months upon months planning, organizing, and creating this camp and it excites me to see that it has continued to be successful well into the second year.

I would like to formally apologize to both Annabelle and Liam because in the frenzy of all that is going on in our world right now, Guinevere and I struggled to reopen the camp efficiently in our allotted timeline. We initially searched the forum for the original Camp Avalon topics and subforums, but were unable to find them. As a result, new forums and topics were created to the best of our memory. In some cases, topics may have been recreated with a lack of credit given and for that, we are apologizing and fixing that mistake. We would like to make it clear to everyone that the development of Camp Avalon is due exclusively to Annabelle and Liam. Of course we also thank our camp counselors (professors) and cabin leaders (prefects/JW) for their contributions as well.

I was able to recover the original topics and subforums today through another thorough search, this time in our admin control panel archives, where I discovered the entire log of our archives had been disabled from viewing. Guinevere and I are working now to recover those topics and subforums, so you should soon be able to access all of the fabulous content that was available last summer! Camp images are also being repaired, so thank you for your patience there.

Thank you all for taking the time to enjoy Camp Avalon and if you have any praise and feedback to supply, make sure to give a nod of recognition to the creators, Prof. Annabelle Nylund and Official Liam Kartak.

Let's continue celebrating our 15th year and the rest of our summer term!

• Healer Adrianna Ventris, Prof. Canry Hennings, Prof. Guinevere Everett and 9 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users