Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Operating Room One

28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

HO Canon, Empathy, Official Hufflepuff Alumna, Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions Shop Assistant, Fashion Designer

• Shop Assistant
  • Others: Adult, Artist, Shopkeeper
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Wand Type:Pine wood with an Unicorn tail hair core, 10 ½" and Slightly springy flexibility
  • Nickname(s):Marbs, Marble
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 22 January 2022 - 11:28 AM

[1]

Marley had been in the hospital before, she was no stranger to situations like these. She had been in charge of the healer's hut, she had her internship and she had her work in the Hogwarts Hospital Wing. She had seen countless of injuries and students getting all types of illnesses. She had plenty of experience with healing to prepare for her examination, but still, she was a little nervous about it. If she healed this patients well, she was going to be a certified healer. Marley got notified her patient was waiting for her at a room. Marley entered the room and showed the man a polite smile, already sensing the man was in a great deal of pain. "Good evening, I'm Marley Malkin, I'll be helping you today." She introduced herself and noticed the way his ankle was twisted. "Can you tell me what happened?"

• Jeffrey Vaughn likes this

#22 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Singer/Songwriter

• Artist
  • Others: Adult
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 January 2022 - 10:17 PM

(2)

If this had been an older person, a healer or nurse, Jeff would have been quite rude. In the sense of what do you think I am doing? What do you think this is?! but this was just the pain talking. Besides, this was a young girl, probably still in school, who still had a lot to learn about pain management. 

He took a deep breath. Focus. Mind over matter. Mind over matter. "Hello there, miss Marley," he said, putting on his most charming smile. "My name is Jeff. I was having too much fun on stage and I didn't see where I was jumping to... and yes, it hurts because I could clearly hear it break," he smiled, tightening his lips and nodding. At this point, the pain was becoming numb.. not that it didn't hurt anymore but perhaps his body was trying to calm itself down because it needed to keep him awake. "I would really appreciate if you could... like give me something for the pain?" he gave her pretty please eyes. 

• Marley Malkin likes this

#23 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

HO Canon, Empathy, Official Hufflepuff Alumna, Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions Shop Assistant, Fashion Designer

• Shop Assistant
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Wand Type:Pine wood with an Unicorn tail hair core, 10 ½" and Slightly springy flexibility

Posted 30 January 2022 - 05:40 AM

[2]

Marley could sense a feeling of impatience radiating from the patient, which she understood given the man was in pain. But Marley knew she couldn't just administer any sort of pain medication without first knowing what happened. Marley didn't let it distract from the task at hand though, she simply smiled at him and tried to send a more peaceful emotion his way. "Nice to meet you Jeff. Although under unpleasant circumstances." She said before turning to the little workstation where she glanced at the man's file to get to know his height and weight so she could measure how much of the pain relief potion he would need. "On stage you say? Can I know you from something?" She asked conversationally before turning around and handing him the vial of potion. "There you go, it's not got the best taste, but it'll help for the pain." She said and sat down on the rolling stool next to the bed. "Can you answer a few more questions for me? I'd like to know what height you jumped down from, how you landed and if you're hurt anywhere else right now." Marley was positive she could fix a broken leg, she had done so many times before. But she wanted to know the entire situation before she'd heal the leg, not wanting to risk him having any other injuries that could cause serious damage if left untreated. 

#24 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Singer/Songwriter

• Artist
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2022 - 04:40 PM

(3)

Jeff was no idiot... okay, if you asked his family... or his band members... and maybe his manager, perhaps they would say otherwise, but he, himself, did not consider he was. He understood that the young girl was being trained to be a healer, right? And that healers couldn't loose their cool, not even when the patient was being impatient. However, it wasn't her leg which was hurting. This also had to be taken under consideration when Jeff just bit his lower lip and looked at her with are you kidding me? Seriously? eyes. 

He took a deep breath. "Ah! I don't know," he said. "I play rock, blues and some pop-ish songs. My band is pretty popular... we do the scene all over Europe," he took another deep breath, just as the healer-girl gave him a vial. She hadn't even finished her sentence when Jeff had already taken the disgusting-tasting potion that started to work almost instantly, making him give out a sigh of relief. "Thank you. I appreciate this, honestly," he said, his demeanor different, relaxed. 

He followed her motions as she sat down, his head tilting a bit as it usually did whenever he found something to be peculiar. Granted, this was not his first broken limb, but this was his first healer-in-training to encounter. "Well... I guess it was... about...ten... twelve feet? It was pretty high, like... it was a big venue. And I pretty much hoped to land with the crowd, you now, do a little crowd surfing? But I forgot they had placed a protection barrier between the crowd and the stage and..." he whistled as he made a motion of crashing with his hand. "Straight to the floor, leg first, left side second. I hit my head pretty hard, but I do have a hard-head and I didn't lose consciousness... unfortunately," he chuckled and smiled. 

Edited by Jeffrey Vaughn, 30 January 2022 - 04:40 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

• Shop Assistant
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 February 2022 - 08:13 AM

[3]

Marley smiled when the man told her about his job. "I'll have to look it up then." She said, flashing him an empathetic smile. "I'm going to heal your leg, we'll add a splint just to be sure, as it might still be a sore spot. You will be able to walk if you're comfortable, but don't push it too much. For about three weeks." She said. "But before you can go, I'd like to have a look at your head, make sure there's no injury that can cause issues in the long run." She glanced at the man before getting back up again, pointing her wand at the man's leg. "Brackium Emendo." She casted, waiting a moment before she cast the other spell "Ferula."

#26 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Singer/Songwriter

• Artist
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2022 - 05:05 PM

(4) 

What else could Jeff do but to nod and smile, act like he was grateful? He was, right, but he also thought that a splint was pointless if you're going to fix the bone right away. It wasn't that he was being impossible, it was just that he often second questioned healers, he was the kind of person who would have to be dragged to go to the doctor, and if it hadn't been because he had a broken bone, he probably would have not be there. Nevertheless, he let the young healer do, observing her movements as she did this. She reminded him of her sister, and wondered what was she doing at this moment... and perhaps that he needed to owl her. He sighed and leaned back. "If you must check the head, go right ahead. I don't want to have my brain all messed up or anything like that!" he chuckled. It would be quite terrible if he would blank out or something because there was a hidden injury! 

#27 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

• Shop Assistant
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 February 2022 - 01:21 PM

[4]

Marley had seen the head healer of the hospital wing heal countless of bones, and strains. She knew the procedures to a tee. The splint might seem like an overkill to some, but Marley wasn't the one to start questioning the practices of the Hogwarts Head Healer. The woman had taught her a lot about healing, and Marley was relatively new to healing, so she wasn't going to act like she knew it better than an experienced healer like that. "Of course, I'll just check for swellings and a possible fracture. Stay as still as you can please." Marley said and waited for his response before pulling out her wand. "Videre Internus."

#28 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Singer/Songwriter

• Artist
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 February 2022 - 06:20 PM

(5)

Jeff was not a patient person. He was probably the most impatient being in the wizarding world. He simply nodded to what the junior healer said and did, thinking that the less he said, the less he resisted, the faster he would be on his way. At this point he knew he wasn't going to be staying at the hospital, so he just wanted to go home. He was hungry. 

He stood still, but then tilted his head, taking her wrist. "Wait a moment... hooooold on there... how many of these have you actually performed? I don't want you to, like, screw my brains even more by a botched spell or something!" because there she was, trying to use a spell lo look into his brain and she looked no older than 16. To be frank, he much rather have an older person do this kinds of spells -- someone with more experience perhaps. 

#29 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

• Shop Assistant
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 February 2022 - 09:56 AM

Marley was caught off guard when the patient grabbed her hand just as she was about to perform a spell. "Sir, you need to let go off me or I'll have to call security." Marley said sternly as she tried to wiggle her wrist free. She wasn't kidding around, if the man didn't release her, she definitely was going to have to call security. His actions could've caused a disaster to happen. He could doubt her ability all he wanted, she had learned how to use the spell over a year ago by one of the healers who trusted her enough to cast it during a surgery. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users