Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Announcements

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Stella Giordano

Prof. Stella Giordano
  • Portrait
  • 1326 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow...
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Any important announcements for Banner Club will be posted here. :)

Edited by Prof. Stella Giordano, 27 July 2011 - 02:36 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Prof. Stella Giordano

Prof. Stella Giordano
  • Portrait
  • 1326 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

21 September

Artists Association is now OPEN! Please review all the pinned topics AND sign the pledge before posting anywhere. Welcome back, everyone!

---

Artists Association Official Moderators List:
Prof. Stella Giordano, Sponsor & Hogwarts Representative
Madame Bella Lombardi, Beauxbatons Representative
Prof. Aleksander Petrov, Durmstrang Representative
Elisabeth Matheson, Student Moderator
Baylor Flemming, Student Moderator

Edited by Prof. Aleksander Petrov, 25 October 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Healer Elisabeth Matheson

Healer Elisabeth Matheson

Gryffindor Alumna, Empathy, Hogwarts Healer

• Hogwarts Staff
  • Others: Adult
  • 191 posts
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

ALL ARTISTS MUST USE THE PROVIDED CODE FOR REQUESTING.

It's there for a reason, so that people can't say they didn't know they had to sign the pledge and so that you don't have to slog through the list to find their name. We're making sure no one can claim they didn't know the rules, so please follow ours. We know it seems a tad strange. You can add to this code, but you can't take away from it. It's also to make sure that people know that the person may be from a different school to prevent us from getting pms about "so and so stole my face or is using my face without my permission" and also so that people don't try to request without the right number of posts. We've listed the post requirements for each school in the section (trust me, I wrote the code, I tried to think of the things I'd seen when people had requested from me that I'd had to go double check if I was sure I'd seen someone with that face etc.)

I'm just posting this now so that we don't have to go through every thread and double check. I trust you to make the switch yourself, but we will be double checking. Again, the code is there for a reason, I didn't just write it for my health. :check:

Love you all, keep making those awesome banners and icons and what have you. Submit them for points!

Elisabeth Matheson, (student mod extraordinaire)

#4 OFFLINE   Healer Elisabeth Matheson

Healer Elisabeth Matheson

Gryffindor Alumna, Empathy, Hogwarts Healer

• Hogwarts Staff
  • 191 posts
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

I would keep an eye on the offenders list. There is no way for me to simply bump the topic, but we are keeping eyes out for people breaking rules. This is so you know people who are abusing the club and the artists and can assess whether they want to make the person's request. It will have their offense next to the name of the person so that you can see what they did as well.

Thanks! Keep rocking out those graphics!

Elisabeth Matheson

#5 OFFLINE   Prof. Stella Giordano

Prof. Stella Giordano
  • Portrait
  • 1326 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

It's recently come to my attention that artists are having trouble locating pledge signers on the list, so here's a quick way to locate them: Press CTRL + F (or Command + F for Macs) and type in the person's name whom you're searching for on the list when teh search box pops up.

Edited by Prof. Stella Giordano, 09 October 2011 - 08:23 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Prof. Aleksander Maslov

Prof. Aleksander Maslov
  • Banned
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

I have now taken over the position as Durmstrangs Artist Association Moderator.

In addition Durmstrang no longer has a post requirement to claim their playby the official rules and pledge will be changed to reflect this change shortly.

Also at this time the Artists Association Pledge List has been updated all member from each school that had posted the past couple of months have been added to the appropriate list.

#7 OFFLINE   Elizabeth Peevison

Elizabeth Peevison
  • Adult
  • Others: Hogwarts Professors Emeriti, Portrait
  • 1641 posts
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

I have now taken over for Prof. Stella Giordano.

If your topic was inactive for longer than 30 days it was moved to the archives. This goes for topics that were close to that but that the artist had not posted in, longer than 30 days ago.

#8 OFFLINE   Elizabeth Peevison

Elizabeth Peevison
  • Adult
  • 1641 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

The Question and Answer topic has been removed. If you have a question please contact one of the following group mods. This is to help with quick response time.
    Prof. Elizabeth Peevison
    Prof. Aleksander Maslov
    **Beaux Mod TBA***

#9 OFFLINE   Elizabeth Peevison

Elizabeth Peevison
  • Adult
  • 1641 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

With the new house point rules that are in effect, house points will no longer be given to Hogwarts students for making banners.

You will now be receiving galleons for work submitted.

#10 OFFLINE   Elizabeth Peevison

Elizabeth Peevison
  • Adult
  • 1641 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

After discussion, it has been decided that you no longer need to sign the pledge.

Rules should be read first before you make a request.

If people break rules it needs to be reported to the AA representative for the persons school.

#11 OFFLINE   Prof. Aleksander Maslov

Prof. Aleksander Maslov
  • Banned
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

AA Updates

As Lizzie posted there is no longer an Artists Association Pledge meaning there is no set form to sign or fill out to receive banners. with this being gone also you do not have to use any certain form in your topic to request since a lot of people have PMed me about this.

Also a notice on the Banners for Galleons or Points topic, the only school NOT giving points for banners and avatars at this times is Hogwarts. Durmstrang and Beauxbatons will still continue to give out points for Graphics, if in future they choose not to do so then it will be announced and that topic altered to reflect this.

In addition at this time there is currently no bad requesters list it was removed when the club got altered, however if you get a double request, someone doesn't credit, someone claims your work, etc. You can refuse to fill their request and should PM the Moderator for their school so that they can then take care of the situation and ensure it does not happen again.

#12 OFFLINE   Elizabeth Peevison

Elizabeth Peevison
  • Adult
  • 1641 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

If your topic has been inactive for 30 days or longer, it has been moved to the archives. To have it placed back, simply follow the rules in the appropriate topic.

#13 OFFLINE   Prof. Adreia Kragen

Prof. Adreia Kragen

Former Director of Public Works

• Portrait
  • 6314 posts
  • LocationBetween dimensions
  • Wand Type:12 inch Ebony with Demiguise hair, Phoenix feather and Basilisk Tongue
  • Relationship Status:Divorced

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hello all.

This to formally announce that Elizabeth Peevison is no longer in charge of this area. This announcement is late but this is to serve as an FYI. Until we have a new mod to replace her, please direct all your queries to me. Thanks.

#14 OFFLINE   Prof. Hyo Suzuki

Prof. Hyo Suzuki
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 416 posts
  • LocationParadise
  • Wand Type:10", Cherry wood with Phoenix Feather
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Topics that are dated as far back as in April are now archived. To have it placed back, simply follow the rules in the appropriate topic.

The new mods for the Artist Association have named. Please direct all queries to either of these peoples. Thank you.
  • Tessa Shelley
  • Jacinda Crabbe
  • Hyo Suzuki

#15 OFFLINE   Madame Tessa Shelley

Madame Tessa Shelley

3/4 Veela; Slytherin Alumni; Ravenclaw Affiliate

• 372 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Attention Artists!

A post was made in the topic 'Banners for points'. Please head there to read the post concerning the state of the topic, and any unrewarded points. Thank you.

#16 OFFLINE   Prof. Hyo Suzuki

Prof. Hyo Suzuki
  • 416 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Attention all Artists.

A gallery check will be held and all galleries that have not been active since Dec '12 will be archived. If you still want your gallery to be open for request, simply post somewhere in the first post of your gallery [Active].

Another reminder, Artist are reminded that you are only allowed to take requests from requester who have already had their playby claimed in their respective areas, if by any case that they have not claimed their playby, you can deny their requests or you can PM the moderators to have them deal with this problem.

Thank you.

#17 OFFLINE   Prof. Hyo Suzuki

Prof. Hyo Suzuki
  • 416 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Attention to all Artists and students of HO,

The General Request thread are now reopened again.
Want a quick new set? Wish to fulfill someone's request? Head on to the General Request to have a look.

Again, a REMINDER.
A gallery check will be held and all galleries that have not been active since Dec '12 will be archived.
If you still want your gallery to be open for request, simply post somewhere in the first post of your gallery [Active].

#18 OFFLINE   Prof. Hyo Suzuki

Prof. Hyo Suzuki
  • 416 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Reminder!

A set of gallery check will be held.
If you are still interested to keep your gallery, please send a PM to me before the end of the month or your gallery will be archived.

Thank you.

#19 OFFLINE   Nearra Morgan-Ryuu

Nearra Morgan-Ryuu

Slytherin Alumna

• Potioneer
  • 3220 posts
  • Location8 Victoria Rd. Holyhead
  • Wand Type:12 in elder wood with phoenix tail feather core

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

There are some amazing new additions to the artists association!!!

First is the Resource Center where every aspiring graphic artists can go to and get everything they need from fonts, brushes, stock images and everything in between! There is also a tutorials area are where any AA artists can put up their own tutorials on the how-to's in making awesome signatures. 

Second one is the Challenge Area where our awesome graphic artists can unleash their amazing talents! But of course, this area is also open to EVERYONE who wants to join even if you are not part of the AA. Points or galleons are up for grabs to the winners! And of course, they will have their names in our Hall of Fame.

Enjoy!!!

• Ryland Mrotek likes this

#20 OFFLINE   Ryland Mrotek

Ryland Mrotek
  • Adult
  • 2233 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

There is an Artist Check-In going on now until Dec. 31.  Link

A new rule has been set in place with the points for graphics. All artist association members must state ONE character/house for points to be awarded to. This information is explained more fully in the check-in. Characters and houses will be filed in the master list after everyone has checked in. If your character graduates or if you want to change for any reason, you must PM Nearra or myself with who you are switching it to and their house and why. If you have any questions about this please don't hesitate to contact either of us.

Finally, there are new contests up for the month of December! Remember that anyone, not just AA members can participate. However due to recent changes with how points will be awarded, I highly suggest you read the rules for entries.

Happy HOlidays!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users