Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

What Are You Reading?

• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Sebastian Delroy

Sebastian Delroy

Slytherin Alumnus

• Adult
  • 2541 posts
  • Wand Type:Bendy & roughly carved 12 Inches Acacia wood with thunderbird feather core
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

For some odd reason, I like reading my grandsons books. He read the Percy Jackson books so that's what I'm reading now and I'm trying to talk him into reading Harry Potter but he's not interested yet, he's 10.

Love Percy Jackson!

#22 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey
  • Portrait
  • 4124 posts
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

YAY Percy Jackson... Seb do you have a count down to the next one?

#23 OFFLINE   Sebastian Delroy

Sebastian Delroy

Slytherin Alumnus

• Adult
  • 2541 posts
  • Wand Type:Bendy & roughly carved 12 Inches Acacia wood with thunderbird feather core
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

Its on my calendar Caro!

#24 OFFLINE   Tallulah Brimstone

Tallulah Brimstone

Loki Alumna

• Adult
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationAt work -_-
  • Wand Type:Yew. Unicorn hair. 10 1/2 inches
  • Nickname(s):Tally
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Widowed

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:35 PM

I'm a big chick lit fan and at the moment I'm currently reading Love Rules by Freya North. However, if you want a tear jerker, read anything by Cecelia Ahern. The beautiful author of P.S I Love You.

#25 Guest_Elisa-Beth MacKenzie_*

Guest_Elisa-Beth MacKenzie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

A bit of a shameless plug here:

I'm reading 'The Adventures of Rosie Crucial' by Kim Farnell (my best friend's mum) and although I am biased...it#s really fantastic, please check it out!

"The Adventures of Rosie Crucial is an historical novel full of characters that don't realise they are historical. The story navigates events from the dark to the farcical in the occult underworld of late Victorian England.

All Rosie wants is to avoid anything disagreeable. However, renown attaches itself to many an unwilling soul and she knows that if she leaves everything to Constance and Emily, their lives will be filled with no more than lemon cake and ribbons. Andrew simply wants to have an adventure and Babula is only an occasional juggler. So things get out of hand very quickly.

In quest of the unknown, the spectacular, bizarre and differently entertaining, this fameless five head across the globe. They move effortlessly from drawing room séances to exotic fakirs and from fairies to Ferris wheels (but never quite to Sweden). Yet lifes mundanities constantly interfere with their mission. They discover why corpses are notoriously difficult to dispose of, and how aspiration to higher thought offers little protection against the passions stirring within. However, their biggest problem is the disorganised aspect of their committee meetings.

These are the people destined to lead the world into a new spiritual age. Oh, dear."

#26 Guest_Everleigh James_*

Guest_Everleigh James_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

I am reading 2 different books right now they are Blood Noir by Laurell K. hamilton if you like reading about vampires werewolves(NOT anything like twilight promise) and things like that I definitely advise this author and her Anita Blake series just be fair warned they can get a little racy. I am also currently reading the final vampire academy book which is another fantastic series!! I could also recommend anything by jodi picoult she is another amazing author!!

#27 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2315 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

I am reading At Home by Bill Bryson.

Bill Bryson is good for anyone who likes history and/or useless knowledge. Caro might like his books.

#28 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

• Portrait
  • 4124 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hey my knowledge is not useless jsut broad... very very broad and random. Who else, besides Helena, would yell into the phone Semper Ubi Sub Ubi?

I am reading The Secret Life of Bees it is so good and I am honestly on my second read through. I love it.

#29 Guest_Bianca Blakely_*

Guest_Bianca Blakely_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:22 AM

I've just finished "The wise man's fear", by Patrick Rothfuss. It's second to a trilogy called The Kingkiller Chronicle (First book is The Name of the Wind). It's great in a way I didn't remember books being great. Lots of detail and quite heavy, just in case your not into that. Has anyone read them? I can't find anyone to discuss them at home...

#30 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

• Portrait
  • 4124 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

I am listening to Discovery of Witches (I listen more than I read some weeks). This is my third or fourth listen I love it that much

#31 Guest_Elisa-Beth MacKenzie_*

Guest_Elisa-Beth MacKenzie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

If we are going for listening...I'm making my way back through all the Big Finish Peter Davidson Doctor Who audios...they are amazing!!! :D

#32 OFFLINE   Angel Carriedo

Angel Carriedo

Loki Alumna,

• Adult
  • 3708 posts
  • LocationBehind YOU!
  • Wand Type:14" Yew; Pogrebin Hair, Dragon Scale & Griffin Claw
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

I'm reading this one...

Posted Image

It actually has a movie counterpart that gathered quite a lot of controversy in Japan way back in 2000. But I can't just stop reading it! The book is definitely worth a good read; it's got much better coverage than its movie counterpart.

#33 Guest_Ramona Beckington_*

Guest_Ramona Beckington_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:40 AM

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn. If you liked disney's Mulan, you would like this. Its for older teens and up though, and its really good.

#34 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• 2315 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:31 AM

Just finished reading Spellbound, newest one in the Kellie Armstrong series and much enjoyed it.

#35 OFFLINE   Prof. Katerina Petrov

Prof. Katerina Petrov
  • Banned
  • 4306 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:39 AM

re-Reading the Anne McCaffrey Dragonriders of Pern series.

#36 Guest_Abigail Winchester_*

Guest_Abigail Winchester_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

I am currently reading Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough, its a very fantastic series, the first one is called Once a Witch, its a very interesting take on witches and it had me on the edge of my seat and its looking like the second book is doing the same.

I tend to read a lot, I am going to be reading after Always a witch Fallen, by Lauren Kate, and The Demon Trappers Daughter, by Jana Oliver.

The one book I am looking forward to most in the next few months is Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick. Her books are amazing and the Hush, Hush series seriously is one of my favorites,

As for some of the books named before, I loveeddd the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, I am actually going to be in the process of re-reading them. I also lovveeeee The mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare, I have read all four, and read the first three like five times now. She is my favorite author and that is my favorite series hands down.

A few series I would recommend would a series by Andrea Cremer, its only a trilogy but its one freaking good trilogy. The books are Nightshade, Wolfsbane, and the last one that comes out in February of next ear BloodRose. Its one seriously good series, her take on werewolves is amazing.

Another series I love, the Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins That is a good series as well, what can I say I read a lot. But I Love this series, although be warned she loves cliffhangers. I am dyiinnggggg for Spell Bound.

Okay one more series its called the 13 to life, by Shannon Delany series, Another really interesting series you could find and another really interesting spin on werewolves. She also likes Cliffhangers as well.

Okay that is enough from me, but as you can see I loveee fantasy genre.

Edited by Abigail Winchester, 03 September 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#37 Guest_Cara Amnell_*

Guest_Cara Amnell_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:42 AM

currently re-reading Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton...really loved it the first time. Now, I'm falling for it again :D

• Guests

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

Reading the Game of Thrones series by George R. Martin. On the fifth book Dance of Dragons. Really good if you like Lord of the Rings type stuff.

#39 Guest_Lila Holloway_*

Guest_Lila Holloway_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

I watched the first season of "Game of Thrones" and it rocked! Can't wait for season 2!! I was so tempted to get the books when I was at the Borders closeout sale... do you like them much Augustus?

I still have about 8 Philippa Gregory books to read that I got for Christmas! She is the one who wrote "The Other Boleyn Girl" and the "Wideacre" series (which are an awesome trilogy!). Anyone who is interested in Renaissance/ King Henry VIII/Elizabethan era stories, she has many that I've read and enjoyed such as::

The Boleyn Inheritance (which is written as if you were reading 3 different women's journals)
The Queen's Fool
The Virgin's Lover

I've also recently read::
Palace Circle. This one is great because its the same story told from different points of view. Really unique.
Lady MacBeth

and I'm currently reading A Lion Among Men but I'm finding it tough to get through. I've read pretty much all of Gregory Maguire's books (Wicked, Son of a witch, Mirror Mirror, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister....) and I've loved them. Just finding this one hard to concentrate on.

#40 OFFLINE   Prof. Lilith Wood

Prof. Lilith Wood
  • 1106 posts
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

Memoirs of a Geisha! One of my absolute favorite books.

Any Janet Evanovich Books. I love her Stephanie Plum Series, they crack me up so bad. Your life seems less interesting after reading about her's.

And cause I'm slightly soft- Dear John.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users