Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

How Did You Find HO?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   Delia Vann

Delia Vann

Chlorokinesis, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Owner of the Arcana

• Shopkeeper
  • Others: Adult
  • 996 posts
  • Wand Type:8", Beech, Dragon Heartstring core, hard
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:32 AM

In 2013, my husband suddenly begun disappearing online for hours. He would type furiously, then chuckle, then type some more. Some time later, in early 2014, I asked him what he was up to - surely it had to be something good if he was spending so much time with it. So he showed me HO. I didn't join at first - I had my fair share of Finnish role-playing sites to attend to. But something about delving into the world of Harry Potter once more appealed to me. And when I thought up Delia, I knew I had to join HO and start writing for Delia. Three months later, my friend passed away and I fell into a rut of depression and couldn't make it to HO in a year.

#162 OFFLINE   Bianca Olsen

Bianca Olsen
  • Gryffindor 1st Year
  • 42 posts
  • Wand Type:11" hornbeam, raven feather, quite flexible
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

I was a member of HO in 2011, yes you read it right, 2011. This forum was where my roleplay addiction began. My characters were pretty much alive. Then RL started to get busy that I had to leave. The next thing I know, four years later I'm making a new character, getting lost in this forum. Seems like a lot of things have changed around here. Hopefully this time I can stay for long :)

#163 OFFLINE   Arijana Dolohov

Arijana Dolohov

Hogwarts Canon

• Slytherin 6th Year
  • 98 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

funny you say your characters were ''alive'',anyone remember when there was that nut job who deleted accounts a couple of times? That was confusing AF

#164 OFFLINE   Arijana Dolohov

Arijana Dolohov

Hogwarts Canon

• Slytherin 6th Year
  • 98 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

Regarding me discovering HO...I discovered HO maybe in 2006 or so,2007 could be...I didnt know what RP was and I was looking for a site where I could do make believe charm homework and such and I found this site and picked it because it looked the most neat and put together and the graphics were beautiful to me and, I read a little and caught up on that you actually play a character and make believe you are in HO...So I joined. I remember the first person I met was Starlite,and she PMed me and guided me a little threw HO and tried to make me less shy and more open to RPing and I promised myself that as soon as I plucked up the courage to ask her that I would RP with her. Sadly that never came to be. In any effect, Ive been here not nearly as long as some old members but I love this place more than the books because unlike the books this place will not end, the stories just keep coming and coming.

#165 OFFLINE   Chloe Mckenzie

Chloe Mckenzie
  • Slytherin 2nd Year
  • 138 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

2005, proboards. Random search thanks to a friend of mine who was obsessed with Harry Potter as much as another community board where we had met. She tried to get me interested in the books and movies, but I'm a stubborn person, saying it was a series for kids. She passed away December 2004, still wishing she knew how the series ended. I took it upon myself to find out for her. I crammed in the first 5 books, finishing in the summer of 2005. Then I came upon a Harry Potter Myspace group with a link to the Proboards site. I joined a few weeks the board went down. The following October I was emailed a link to the new, upgraded Invision Free site. I remade Rici and took on the empty department of Ancient runes with my HOH Luna Creevy. From there it was history, many stories, being banned, hacking scams, Disney trip hack, phone calls, meeting members irl, one living with me, one I started dating, road trips with my west coast people to Cleveland, Poconos retreats, going to Maine waiting in lines at midnight for new books with people from here. This site has consumed my life until I got very sick and very depressed. But I'm back once more. Much healthier, off chemo and blood tranfusions, in position to become an assistant manager at my retail job. They say people come back when they leave and here I am once more.

<3 Erica
  • James Wood likes this

#166 OFFLINE   Diana Ivanova

Diana Ivanova

Swedish Canon, 6th year

• Durmstrang Student
  • 242 posts
  • LocationLaholm, Sweden; Durmstrang Institute
  • Wand Type:13.5in. Cypress with Banshee Blood and Alexandrite Crystal
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:33 AM

For me? I joined by my old classmate. She got me started then she left and I stayed. I enjoyed it! Back in like what 2010ish?

#167 OFFLINE   Piper Corcyra

Piper Corcyra
  • Gryffindor 1st Year
  • 36 posts
  • Wand Type:Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 13 inch, Solid
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

I found it through google. I wanted to try something different and am enjoying it so far

#168 OFFLINE   Jaylen Cassidy

Jaylen Cassidy

Former owner of La Pâtisserie

• Adult
  • 71 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

Kinda bored, so randomly typed in HP RP forums in the google search and one of the top search are HO. So.... TADAH! Here I am  :D 

• Jaylen Cassidy likes this

#169 OFFLINE   Jennifer Settler

Jennifer Settler
  • Slytherin 1st Year
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Wand Type:A birch wand with core of dragon heart string, 10 inches long, solid

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:08 AM

The other day was googling to find different forums and googled Hogwarts forums and HO came up. :)

#170 OFFLINE   Charlotte Lavigne

Charlotte Lavigne

5th Year

• Beauxbatons Students
  • 329 posts
  • LocationParis
  • Wand Type:Chestnut, Unicorn hair, 10", Rigid

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:07 PM

I was bored, checking my facebook newsfeed when I saw an advertisement about this forum, so I entered to check what was this about and ended up signing up :P

#171 OFFLINE   Emily Brown

Emily Brown
  • Ravenclaw 2nd Year
  • 281 posts
  • LocationHogwarts
  • Wand Type:mahogany, thestral tail hair, 10.5", rigid

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:48 AM

I was trying to find how I can mail myself a Hogwarts letter just for fun and this site popped up. No letter but the fun continued!

#172 OFFLINE   Joji Littleton

Joji Littleton
  • Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland
  • Wand Type:10" yew with unicorn hair core

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:42 PM

I thought it would be fun to take a Hogwarts class and so typed in Hogwarts online and this was one of the first things to pop up, so I clicked on it.

#173 OFFLINE   Prof. Aimi Doi

Prof. Aimi Doi

Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Earth Elemental, Animagus, Potions Professor, Tutorial Center Tutor, Yearbook Club Professor Moderator

• Hogwarts Professors
  • Others: Ravenclaw Affiliate
  • 2386 posts
  • Wand Type:9 1/2" Cherry wood with Dragon heartstring
  • Nickname(s):Aimi
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:35 AM

I actually Googled it

#174 OFFLINE   Alabaster Jewel Wolfsbane

Alabaster Jewel Wolfsbane
  • Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:26 AM

I was actually looking at a different fandom - and someone put a link to one of the HO classes. :)

Edited by Alabaster Jewel Wolfsbane, 23 December 2016 - 06:26 AM.

#175 OFFLINE   Steven Watch

Steven Watch

Cryokinesis; Wandless Magic

• Adult
  • 47 posts
  • Wand Type:Ebony, Dragon Heartstring, 13in, Slightly yielding

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:20 AM

I had been writing in some other roleplay sites but they were mainly combat oriented and lacked any other kind of interaction, after a while someone posted a suggestion for checking out a Harry Potter roleplay and I decided to give a try and now here I am

#176 OFFLINE   Spock Smith

Spock Smith
  • Ravenclaw New 1st Year
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIn front of my keyboard ... usually.
  • Wand Type:Dragon scales shaved, glued together, and shaped, 10"
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:42 PM

I just helped create a final chapter of a FanFiction crossover between Harry Potter and the Dragonriders of Pern. I enjoyed it so much I started thinking about going on to write Book 4 (since the original author was now dead. :( ) I'm fairly conversant with the Pern universe but find I need more information on the HP universe.

The 3 "books" that caused me to end up here are Off Canon but I enjoyed them. If anyone wants to know, I would actually prefer to only give the information to one of the Leaders here and let them make the decision on whether or not to share the link. There are some situations in the books that some parents may not appreciate ... so don't ask for that either.

While searching for lists of spells I came across this site and thought it might be useful to join.

I have my own website and forums but don't plan on advertising any of that, as it has nothing to do with Harry Potter. I mention it only so you know I have a basic knowledge of forum dynamics.

Sorry, but I'm not here to make a lot of friends. I'm probably too old for everyone here. Shoot, I retired the first time in 1987 from the US Navy! I don't mind discussing things with others, but please do not ask any personal questions or offer to give me anything other than information about your on-line persona. I have underage users on my forum and don't want anyone to think I'm trolling.

I don't know quite how things work here but, given time, I'm sure I can figure it out. I do not think I will be playing on-line here though. ;)

#177 OFFLINE   Chantal Robichaux

Chantal Robichaux

Official Hufflepuff Alumna

• Adult
  • 483 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

Actually, a friend of mine told me about this site, I checked it and then I got hooked. For real.

#178 OFFLINE   Margot Nylund

Margot Nylund

Daughter of Annabelle and Jenson Nylund

• Child
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

Good, old-fashion Google! I found it years before I actually joined.

#179 OFFLINE   Graham Owens

Graham Owens

Expelled from Ilvermorny/Durmstrang Transfer

• Hufflepuff 6th Year
  • Others: Phoenix
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Wand Type:13" Sycamore with Phoenix Feather

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

The magic of Google.

#180 OFFLINE   Mathias Delevingne

Mathias Delevingne

Official Ravenclaw Alumnus, Twin Delevingne, Legilimency

• Dark Wizard
  • Others: Adult
  • 1417 posts
  • Wand Type:10", Pine Wood with Phoenix Feather, Rigid
  • Nickname(s):Mat, Mattie
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

You know, I don't actually remember, cause I found it like ten years ago when I initially joined the site and then disappeared and just now came back into touch with it. Probably Google.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users