Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Garden

7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hunter Bennett

Hunter Bennett

Republic of Ireland Team Keeper, Salem Alumni, Animagus, Lycan Telepathy, Celebrity

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Adult, Celebrity
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Wand Type:12" Larch wood with dragon heartstrings, Slightly Yielding
  • Nickname(s):Hunter
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 03 August 2022 - 10:18 PM

hCpVguA.jpg

This is one of the main reasons why Hunter decided to buy this manor,

because of its generous plot of land which consist of courtyard, gardens, woods and other surrounding areas.

There's also enough space if the father and son would like to play quidditch which they love doing during their spare time.

Edited by Hunter Bennett, 04 August 2022 - 08:40 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Hunter Bennett

Hunter Bennett

Republic of Ireland Team Keeper, Salem Alumni, Animagus, Lycan Telepathy, Celebrity

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 September 2022 - 06:27 AM

He should be an expert when it comes to moving in and out by now. For more than half of his life, he’d been transferring from one place to another, not really staying in one place for more than 1 year. The only time he willingly got a permanent resident was when he met Heather and in came a son. But after she left them, Hunter didn’t see any point in staying in that one place which would just remind him of painful memories. And besides, his son was growing up already, they needed a new place, a new environment, a new start. He lost count of how many times he moved to a new place. It can be hard and exhausting, whatever it is. Moving from an old place to a new place, or starting fresh, he perfectly understood how hard it can be. It’s annoying and frustrating and sometimes it’s hard to keep your patience. The only difference this time, the house he bought is already fully furnished. He only needed to do a few renovations, especially the kitchen and one room which he made as a trophy room, everything else is already good. The few appliances and portraits as well as his vast collection of books and wines have their own spaces now, which he really likes in this new place. 

That morning, he went jogging around the community, to get acquainted with the place too. He heard a few famous personalities are living in their neighborhood. One of them is Roisin Doyle but he hasn’t really seen her anywhere yet. For all he knows, the lady is in one of her properties abroad, that or she has scheduled a match somewhere. As for him, they don’t have a scheduled match that week, giving him ample time to finalize his newly bought property. Stopping by the gate, Hunter noticed a few dried branches that fell outside the fence so went there to check it out.

Tag: Roisin

• Roisin Doyle likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Roisin Doyle

Roisin Doyle

Clairsentient, Animagus, Puff Alumni, Ireland Team Beater

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 18752 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade, Holyhead, Paris, & Kenmare
  • Wand Type:10" Willow with Dragon Heartstring, springy
  • Nickname(s):Rosi
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Divorced

Posted 29 September 2022 - 10:14 AM

The weather was much more inviting in Kenmare that afternoon than it had been in recent days, and probably more than it would be in the coming days. It was a rarity that the sun should be so warm and bright, and Roisin wasn't about to let the day go to waste. She went for a run daily, rain or shine, but who wouldn't prefer the shine? Roisin threw on some fitness gear and set out. The scenery in her community was gorgeous, which was a fantastic starting point, but she typically ran anywhere from four to seven miles a day for her cardiovascular strength and endurance training... plus, she just loved to run. It had been a lifelong passion. Working up a sweat, feeling her chest expand with each deep inhale, and her heart beating heavily, were all thrilling and the adrenaline really helped her mood. In the winter months, Roisin ran even more to combat her seasonal depression - another thing she had struggled with for most of her life. Fortunately, she had learned strategies to help - like exercise - and also a potion that she used when needed.

After rounding out on her fifth mile, Roisin turned back to make her way past the mansions and estates in the Snowdrop Gardens gated community. While she wasn't necessarily a private person in the sense that she was outgoing and inviting when she was in public, it was really nice to have a private space to retreat to when she didn't want to be bothered. She adored her fans, but it felt strange even after so many years to be so well known. To go anywhere and have a complete stranger know not only her name, but details about her life, was something you never really got used to. Granted, Roisin had written several published books about her life, so it was only natural that people knew those details, but sometimes it still caught her off guard. The writing process had been therapeutic for her more than to gain any extra attention or money. All of the proceeds from the book sales went either to various charities or directly into upkeeping her lifestyle, which could obviously be a bit lavish given the fact that she owned multiple properties across Europe.

Rosi was passing the nearest estate that was on her side of the community - number six - and was trying to push herself the final stretch. As she glanced aside to make sure it was safe to cross by the gate, she caught sight of the resident - who had to be the resident because outsiders weren't allowed in the community - except the man was observing something in a way that made her curious. She slowed, squinting, and realized it was one of the team members of England's team. It was their keeper, Hunter Bennett, whom she'd met and spoken to before and even shared a meal with, but Merlin that had been so long ago, or that was how it felt. She wondered if it would be okay to approach him and decided it was worth at least a greeting, so she slowed to a walk, still out of breath and drenched in sweat, and called out, "Hey Bennett!"

• Hunter Bennett likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Hunter Bennett

Hunter Bennett

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 October 2022 - 09:56 PM

With a few hours in hand, Hunter decided to go running, it's a good way to kill the time. Two hours would be enough for warm up before doing anything else for the rest of the day. Jogging is totally good…Hunter mused. It’s a nice form of cardio workout. It’s also the reason why whenever he doesn’t have scheduled matches, he will hit the gym thrice a week. Working out was a totally rewarding experience which convinced him to always come back on his break. Even in gyms, it became a habit of him to increase his speed on the treadmill by telling himself it’s a competition of some sort. A bit of a challenge would do him good, plus, it’s a good motivation.  It’s the energy which drives him to go on, it was just unbelievable sometimes.

Buying a property in Kenmare has been on his mind for a few months now but due to hectic schedule and constant traveling, there’s just not enough time on his hands to make it happen. The practice match previously was like a blessing in disguise as it gave him a good reason to finally check and see for himself, in person, the sites he wanted to purchase, if he may add. Being a National Quidditch player, most days are fairly hectic, with having to stretch all their schedules whilst managing their personal lives, the general public and the paparazzi who all became part of their daily lives whether they like it or not.. It is a pretty stimulating, yet exhausting job but sometimes there are days which are on the quieter side. Those days are perfect to catch up on their personal lives and families and to mentally reset ready for the next taxing activity and trips. Don’t get him wrong, he loves every aspect of his job, the only thing he hates are the press who don’t respect the players’ privacy. He craves excitement, it is kind of sad really, that he already lost all the privacy in his line of work. 

Occasionally, having the time for himself like now, is not a bad thing as it gave him an opportunity to finalize his new property. Seeing a few dried branches that had fallen on his fence, Hunter checked it out to clean it up. He was so engrossed with what he’s doing that he completely missed someone's presence. He heard a familiar voice and when he glanced behind him, he saw the famous beater of Ireland. Hunter smiled upon seeing the lady, “If it isn’t Roisin Doyle.” She’s wearing workout gear, plus she was drenched in sweat by now which means she’s been running around their community just like him. Even Hunter is sweaty by now since he started way early and lost track of the time. “I heard you have a property here but I’m not sure which one it is. I'm so glad to see you again.” Hunter looked at houses lined up on that street, “So…which one is yours?"

Edited by Hunter Bennett, 13 October 2022 - 08:11 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   Roisin Doyle

Roisin Doyle

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 18752 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 05:35 AM

Rosi laughed at Hunter's retort, shrugging and holding her hands up at either side before letting them drop. "Indeed, it is," she concluded. It was hard not to recognize her, especially when she was in fitness gear. Actually, Roisin was so commonly seen on and off the field, it seemed like she could never really get away with hiding without using a potion or other magical disguise. Sometimes she tapped into those resources, when she truly wanted privacy that is. Otherwise, she dealt with it. She'd grown so used to it. Hunter didn't count since she had approached him and they knew each other from Quidditch.

When Roisin got closer, she saw that Hunter was also sweaty like he'd been working out, which was entirely likely. They were both professional athletes. She felt like he was genuine when he said he was glad to see her again. Even if they were technically rivals, they got along and Roisin respected him. She could tell when a player took their job seriously, and she knew Hunter was one of those players. She wanted to wipe the field with him, but off the field they could be cordial and friendly.

"Aye," she confirmed, coming to a stop a few feet from him. "Actually, I'm right next door." Granted, the homes on this stretch of land were spaced out enough considering the size of the plots and the homes housed on them, but the even numbered houses were on one side while the odd on the other. "Number four," she added for clarification. Roisin put her arms up over her head, stretching out her torso as she finished catching her breath. "I've been spending more time here since buying the house, but it does get lonely because I didn't really know anyone in the community." Now that wasn't true, which she was happy to find out. Roisin owned three other properties throughout Europe - one in Hogsmeade, Paris, and Holyhead. Now that she had one in Kenmare, it felt like she had a well-rounded destination when she needed to get away or when she was traveling for work. Roisin let her arms drop back down and put one on her hip. "When did you move in? I toured this home when I was picking mine out - so obviously you weren't here yet." Roisin said curiously, not trying to be creepy by saying she actually knew what his house looked like inside structurally, but he would have made it his own with decor. 

#6 OFFLINE   Hunter Bennett

Hunter Bennett

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 October 2022 - 11:03 PM

Hunter has dealt with the media for more than half of his life. Being a Quidditch Player has its drawbacks but it’s nothing he can’t deal with. As long as his son will not be dragged into any issues surrounding his career, then he’s good. He had tried to keep the invasive reporters out of Harper’s life, questions upon questions being thrown at him, hands grabbing, shoving microphones into his face and all he could do was scowl and step back or leave the place in haste. What more if it’s this lady? She’s a famous personality not just as a National Quidditch player, but she’s also a best selling author, some of which he read before. Hearing her response, he chuckled. Obviously the two are doing their workout, he won’t be surprised if she’s been at it for more than an hour now. Being athletes, this is already part of their daily life. Quidditch is more than just a sport for many of them, especially to those who’d been in this profession for a long time. Apart from being recognized, they have great emotional attachment towards the sport that it's become a vital part of their lives. For Hunter, this is very true, quidditch has shaped his life probably more than anything else. It has instilled in him the determination to achieve and embrace his dreams instead of fearing them. 

Roisin confirmed that she owned a property here. Hunter nodded, a little surprised that they’re actually neighbors. He’s not sure which one is hers, with vast land in between, it’s not easy to get a glimpse of the main house. She shared that she’s been spending an ample amount of her time here ever since she bought her property. “How are you finding the place and the community so far? I would assume it’s been a good experience if you’re always here?” She’ll get what he’s talking about. With their line of work, they have the need to find a place of solace, where no paparazzi will meddle with their private life. They just want peace in general, especially when they badly need it. Some teammates can tolerate each other. Some get along great on the field, but go their separate ways when the games are over. Some tolerate each other. A few loathe each other. For Hunter and Roisin, they’ve been civil and friendly towards each other. Personally, he’s got no issues with any of the players, be they teammates or from rival teams. He’s always been friendly to his fellow players. They learn a lot about life from the sport itself. They learn about passion, team spirit, a never-say-die spirit and above all, the importance of friendship. Many players have remained friends despite playing for arch rivals which makes their friendship even more special. Hence why it was so easy and so casual to be talking to her like this. They both respect each other’s skills and experiences.

He used his profession as an opportunity to expand his social circles beyond their sport. From charity functions, to sponsor events, to mutual connections, he always finds himself meeting other players from different teams. While being part of this industry, there’s just one thing that stuck with him all these years, it was a simple rule he lived by that helped him make meaning and find happiness in what he does. To have a peace of mind despite his success. Roisin asked him when he moved in, Hunter looked in the direction of the gate and then back at her, “I’ve bought this property a few months ago but due to some renovations I needed to do, it took a while before we moved in. Plus, I waited for my son to graduate first so I can surprise him with this.” He smiled fondly at the mention of his son. “We just formally moved in 3 days ago. There is still a lot to finalize but we’re getting there, slowly. You know how it is.” Minding his manner, he added, “Can I invite you for a drink?”

#7 OFFLINE   Roisin Doyle

Roisin Doyle

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 18752 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 07:27 AM

Making casual conversation was something that Roisin was only too familiar with, always presented with a variety of social opportunities. It was nice to have an actual conversation about something of substance, even if that topic was living arrangements. She didn't feel like she was participating in an interview despite the fact that Hunter had basically just asked the kind of question an interviewer would have asked. 

"It's really peaceful. I guess people haven't actually discovered that I'm here." Rosi said with a soft laugh and a simple shake of her head. "You know what it's like to always be traveling. I like having my other homes, but it's nice to spend a solid week somewhere if it's possible, so I've been doing that here lately." Roisin swiped away a loose section of hair that was slick with sweat. 

Hunter surprised her to say that he did some renovations. She'd thought she knew what the interior of the home looked like but if he'd updated it, then she was wrong. "Oh," she said, soft but clearly surprised. "You've got a grown son? That's, wow. You don't even look old enough. I can't begin to imagine." Roisin felt a strange pang in her gut, memories of pain from so many years ago, the fact that she never wanted to be a mother in her own right and the failure of her marriage as a result. It was a story that the world had learned through one of her published works, but one that she didn't actively discuss very often or with just anyone. Time passed by so quickly that while she was in her thirties, she couldn't understand what it would be like to parent anyone let alone a young adult.

When she was invited in for a drink, Roisin smiled sincerely. "That sounds really nice," she started, hesitating, "but I'm pretty sweaty and I probably stink. I could use a shower. Why don't you come by my place for some lunch or something? I live just up that way and it will give me a chance to clean up." Roisin suggested. She actually would enjoy spending some time together, but was also pretty eager to wash away the stench... although she was curious what Hunter had done with the house since she had toured it before.

#8 OFFLINE   Hunter Bennett

Hunter Bennett

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:34 PM

As expected, Roisin wanted peace and quiet and it’s the main reason why she loves spending her time here. It’s what he also noticed from the community they lived in. They respect each other’s privacy. “Let’s hope it’ll stay that way for a while. It will be beneficial to you.” He teased but there’s also truth in what he said and then nodded, completely in agreement about traveling. “That’s what stopped me all these years in buying a house, the constant traveling. My son and I used to just rent an apartment, but then I realized he’s growing up and he needed a home, a permanent one. So, a few years ago, I bought a unit in the UK before he started attending Hogwarts just to give him a sense of normalcy, a feeling of having a home even though he’s always in school.” while he continues to travel due to the nature of his job. Lucky for him, Harper understood his need to constantly travel for their training, practice match and the game itself. Thankfully, his son is also passionate about quidditch so he didn’t really have to explain a lot why he’s doing this and that. 

Speaking of son, Roisin seemed to be shocked after learning he’s got a grown son. Hunter chuckled while nodding. “Yeah, apparently I started early.” Although unexpected, he was over the moon when he found out Heather was pregnant with their son. “I’ll take that as a compliment, thanks.” He and his son were like best friends and that’s what he likes about their relationship. They’re very open and often share their thoughts and concerns. 

Roisin politely declined his offer to have a drink in his house and instead invited him to her house for lunch. “Sure, that would be lovely. That way, I’ll be able to see your place too. I’m curious what kind of interior design you got for your house.” Hunter is a good cook so he made sure the kitchen is fully equipped with all the things he needs. Since his house is still in the process of being renovated, it would be good to have any ideas or suggestions coming from a woman. “I’ll be there during lunch time then? I’ll take a bath first too.” He smiled, “See you later Roisin.”

[Maybe you can start at your house and I’ll be there, yeah?]

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users