Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Tasting Room

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Advanced Studies Professor, Career Counselor, Thespian Society Moderator, Wandless Magic & Occlumency, Animagus

• Governor
  • Others: Adult, Camp Counselor, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors, Slytherin Affiliate
  • 1752 posts
  • Wand Type:Hornbeam, Manticore Hair, 11 3/4 inches, Surprisingly Swishy
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 22 December 2021 - 01:51 PM

philadelphia-distilling-inside.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Olesya Chervenkova

Olesya Chervenkova

Official Slytherin Alumna

• Adult
  • 347 posts
  • LocationStuck at Hogwarts
  • Wand Type:11 inches long Ebony wood with thunderbird tail feather
  • Nickname(s):Sia
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 02 July 2022 - 04:46 AM

Coming to the fest was a no brainer for Alec. Not because of some weird ass concept that Malcolm tried to instill in them about family coming to support each other, which didn't make sense to Al because where was this family when him and Ric had spent all their time alone at home. Suddenly all of them were back and wanted to stick together, it just didn't sit well with Al. Call him protective of Ric, but he knew how much of an impact of their family's absence had happened on the both of them and he just didn't want his twin to get used to having them around and then watch him break when they leave again. The only constant they had was each other, at times Al didn't even trust Clary. But, all of this, the fest, was still a no brainer because Ric was performing. It was his brother's very first gig and Al would be damned if he ain't there to support him. 

Well, that part was done. Ric's performance had gone smoothly, and quite bangin' in all honesty. The crowd was on their feet, it was awesome, and now it was over. Clary wanted to do something lame by visiting other stages while the rest of the group had other plans. For the time being, Al was trailing Clary, his face showing boredom and the expression on his face impassive with those hooded eyes. He had been drinking and he wasn't going to lie. They passed through the stands area, which was when a scene seemed to pass in front of his eyes as if in slow motion. A female, who seemed rather familiar, had taken a drink in her hand, angled it towards the person in front of her - and a flash of recognition went through his brain. And because of that flash, he did a u-turn - because if it was anyone else, he wouldn't have given a flying fuck. But here...hmmm. "See ya later, Clar.." And he had already pulled out his wand before he finished speaking, directing it at the beer that was being now flung against the man, and with a quick spell making it stop mid air, before a delicious grin made its way over his lips as he flung the liquid back towards the one and only, Olesya Chervenkova"Sorry, princess. I guess my wand..slipped." He spoke as he walked closer, mirth dripping from his words as the man looked at him in horror, before looking back at the lady in horror - clearly not knowing how he got caught up in this. Oh he knew, she wouldn't take this kindly. But what was even the fun in her taking anything kindly. He clearly remembered her - the treehouse, the weed, and the shouting/cursing match. That was definitely one of the highlights of his Hogwarts journey. Maybe, today will be a highlight as well. 

Outfit

#3 OFFLINE   Olesya Chervenkova

Olesya Chervenkova

Official Slytherin Alumna

• Adult
  • 347 posts
  • LocationStuck at Hogwarts
  • Wand Type:11 inches long Ebony wood with thunderbird tail feather
  • Nickname(s):Sia

Posted 02 July 2022 - 04:53 AM

The loud music was humming in her ear. Surprisingly, it barely bothered Sia as she lightly swung her hips to the beat. The astonishment on her bodyguards' faces was way too apparent. They haven't ever glimpsed such a side to her. She bore no difficulty ignoring them as the mass enveloping her matched her spirit. The rays radiated among the crowd illumining the edges of the drunk bodies that harboured a purely artistic appearance. With time, the heat begins to disturb her cool as living in Russia for an entire year, returning to the United Kingdom during the summer day felt like a foolish choice. But the event was way too special for her as it was for Nora. The girl's ecstatic concert blew the crowd, she wasn't sure whether her eyes were deceiving, but there was a certain way that Dhruv glanced at her as if mesmerized by her performance. But then again, half of the crowd was, as she looked so gorgeous and appealing. Even though Sia may deny it, a small drop of tear did escape her eyes as she was so proud of her friend. When others noticed, she blamed it on her allergies. Not the most fantastic justification, people barely took her reason seriously. The performance was forwarding swiftly. Sia could not remember who piped what music. She only took note of the people with familiar faces, Alaric and the band, Dhruv and his friends beside Nora. Even though her breaks were more frequent than her companions, she assumed that they comprehended the reason well. Even though her mood was light, it still may take a few more shows to get used to such an unsanitary situation. It appeared like a cherry on top when the drunk guy hit her arm. Sia wasted no time directing the beer on his face, only to notice it halted in the air. A tinge of annoyance hit her nerve when a familiar figure appeared within her eyesight. Like many, she could have mistaken him for Alaric, but she had first-hand experience of his pesky attitude since their Hogwarts days. "Somehow, I sincerely feel the cells that formed you may also have had an accidental slip or at the least a poor division." She smiled innocently at him, attempting to control her anger as she strolled closer to him, shoving her hand in the pocket. "I would say that I am surprised with your appearance, but you, not intruding your nose in my business. Wouldn't that be a dream?" Her voice was soft. It hid her raging, fuming emotions that simmered inside. A part of her wanted to throw a perfect punch at his handsome face. Her cheeks were turning red with wrath as her face emitted nothing but pure anger for him. The drunk guy made a sloppy attempt to get away from her, heading in Alec's direction as if he was going to protect him. It's funny because Sia doubted Alec would even be able to save himself. "All that effort to become Vaughn The Warrior? God, you are such an attention seeker. I understand that you missed me in your final year, I won't blame you for that but not as attractive you may think." The guy tripped down and fell near Alec's feet. He made a futile attempt to pull himself up but ended up vomiting his content. A smirk decorated her face as she raised her brows. "Serves you right" She was far too satisfied. A girl like Olesya never fought with other students contributing to her lack of interest in other's activities. But somehow, his blatant curses and impolite demeanour made it challenging for her to ignore. "You should know I can pay people to bathe you in beer. I usually don't enjoy my hand getting dirty." She gestured for her guards to stay away. "With you, I'm willing to sacrifice that." She took a firm grasp of his collar. Forcefully tugging him towards her. "Listen to me and listen very carefully, Alec." Her voice was threateningly low as her eyes levelled his, meeting them. "If you ever interfere with my work again, I'll invert your ribcage inside out." There were a thousand more curses to follow, but she didn't continue. For some strange reason, her mind chose that opportunity to appreciate a glimpse of his Irises, noticing its blue collagen threads weaving craftily, appearing like winter frozen flowers with the bottomless pit at the centre. It caused her to be conscious of his warm breath grazing her skin softly, driving her cheek to pool blood in its direction. His breath smelled of freshly devoured alcohol, compelling her mind to question its flavour. "Feud with Chervenkovs ends in a tragedy." She whispered, loud enough for him to hear it as a challenge or a suggestion to retreat. 

#4 OFFLINE   Madame Annaleigh Nordstrom

Madame Annaleigh Nordstrom

Magical Minds Herbs and Creatures Teacher

• Magical Minds School Staff
  • Others: Adult
  • 648 posts
  • LocationClub Erised!

Posted 27 August 2023 - 12:28 PM

New RP w/ Hunter Bennett

Annaleigh was back in the UK after four years away. She moved back to Norway to raise her son Arthur for a few years with the help of her family, but she had finally raised enough funds to move back to the UK. Her life had changed pretty dramatically in those few years. 10 years ago, she was the Department Chair for Herbology and the Head of Gryffindor House at Hogwarts. Now, she was back in the UK, looking for employment at the Magical Minds Preschool where she was sending her four-year-old son. After moving her belongings across the sea and settling in to her new home in Hogsmeade, Annaleigh needed to take some time for herself. She heard from her friends about a distillery in Kenmare that offered tours and tasting experiences so she decided to treat herself. She walked into the tasting area, looking around in wonder at how modern and chic the space was. She didn't know that Kenmare could be so... luxurious. She felt underdressed, wondering if she should leave and go to a more casual venue. But that doubt didn't last for long-- she was Annaleigh fucking Nordstrom! She could wear a paper bag and still look cool and confident. She walked up to the tasting area and chatted with the bartender who recommended a flight of beers. She looked around, seeing couples and friends mingling with one another while she sat back to people-watch. 

• Hunter Bennett likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Hunter Bennett

Hunter Bennett

Keeper of the Republic of Ireland National Team, Salem Alumni, Animagus, Lycan Telepathy, Celebrity

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Adult, Celebrity
  • 593 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Wand Type:12" Larch wood with dragon heartstrings, Slightly Yielding
  • Nickname(s):Hunter
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 27 August 2023 - 09:54 PM

Outfit

With the World cup finally coming to an end, their team was given much needed rest, saying they all deserved it after the good performance they did. It was indeed an unforgettable experience, one for the books. He would like to believe it’s one of his best performances so far, everyone in his team was pumped to compete and win each of their matches. He only stayed in their Diagon Alley house for a couple of days before he went to their Kenmare vacation house, wanting to stay there for the duration of his vacation leave. His house there provides him more privacy, the air is fresh and if ever there were press people, they can’t just go over the fence as it’s high and with the security measures he installed, it’s not going to be easy for trespassers. His daughter, Ava, recently graduated and spent her time in Kenmare with him. After the World Cup, she reminded him of the alcohol tasting she and Lee gifted him on his birthday at a nearby distillery and it’s about to expire soon. It would be a shame if he’s going to miss it, she added. He reasoned he can always get himself another voucher and besides, he can visit any brewery or distillery if he wanted to but his daughter reminded him yet again it was their gift for him. The least he could do is use it and they will be happy. He gave up and the next day, he could be seen going to the Kenmare downtown and joining a group of people entering the Bayside Distillery. As expected, he didn’t know anyone from the group, which is what he prefers. It gave him a chance to put his guard down and just enjoy the experience. This isn’t the first time he attended an activity like this, when he was still in France and Sweden, he always joined the same activity, more than that he could count. Even in his vacation house, he’s got a good wine collection, a hobby of his since he was younger and has no direction in life. They were directed to the tasting room and leaned both arms on the counter, waiting for the other lady to finish talking to the bartender. He smiled at her first before taking his turn, “Any beer and wine recommendation.” He’s not going to go home without  buying anything. The ones on display look promising. He was given a couple of small glasses. "Well this is a lot." he glanced at the woman beside him, chuckling.

• Madame Annaleigh Nordstrom likes this

#6 OFFLINE   Madame Annaleigh Nordstrom

Madame Annaleigh Nordstrom

Magical Minds Herbs and Creatures Teacher

• Magical Minds School Staff
  • Others: Adult
  • 648 posts
  • LocationClub Erised!

Posted 28 August 2023 - 12:37 PM

Annaleigh thanked the bartender as he brought out a tray of small glasses of beer. Where should she even start... the hard cider, the lager, the wheat ale? They had all come with high praise from her friends who recommended the place. She decided to go for the sour. She took a sip and tried to recognize the flavor profile... guava, honeysuckle... or was it passionfruit? She was about to ask the bartender before realizing he was occupied with a new patron. She turned to look at him and saw him flash a smile at her. She gave him a polite smile before turning away, and suddenly it hit her. She did a double take and almost spit out her drink. Hunter Bennett? He had literally just been on her television screen a few days before, playing for England in the World Cup semifinals (OOC: and/or finals, whenever the results come out  :P). Annaleigh stood up a bit straighter, feeling a bit dizzy all of a sudden. She had met dozens of Quidditch players in her lifetime, but Hunter Bennett was a world-famous celebrity. She hardly knew how to conduct herself around someone this important, but she knew that the last thing she should do was freak out and fangirl the way that she wanted to. He had surely had a long month with the World Cup and all. He probably came here to unwind, not to sign autographs or anything. 

Annaleigh took a deep breath and turned over to him, seeing that he had the same beer flight that she had. She laughed a bit at his quip. "You should try the sour. I'm trying to figure out what it tastes like... does it taste like passionfruit to you?" she asked, swirling the drink around in her glass before taking another sip. "I think it's passionfruit, but there's something else," she said, racking her brain for a moment. He probably had a more refined palate than she did, so she wondered what his thoughts were. 

Edited by Annaleigh Nordstrom, 28 August 2023 - 12:38 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users