Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Staff Room

14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Advanced Studies Professor, Career Counselor, Thespian Society Moderator, Wandless Magic & Occlumency, Animagus

• Governor
  • Others: Adult, Camp Counselor, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors, Slytherin Affiliate
  • 1752 posts
  • Wand Type:Hornbeam, Manticore Hair, 11 3/4 inches, Surprisingly Swishy
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:43 AM

article-2451911-18A67A1F00000578-139_964

#2 OFFLINE   Vladislav Dimitrov

Vladislav Dimitrov

Swedish Canon; Freyja Alumni, Daily Prophet Editor-in-Chief

• Journalist
  • Others: Adult
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOxie 13, Malmo, Sweden
  • Wand Type:10 1/4 Aspen, Phoenix Feather
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:00 PM

New RP

Vlad flipped over this morning's Prophet, a quill in his hand as he circled a few things that could possibly move to page 5 rather than be on page 3. He was finally here, in the Daily Prophet office, and while the team was small and the office wasn't very refined in itself - it gave him a feeling of freedom. He had been in his old job for way too long, stuck with the same team, the same directors and the same situation. Daily Prophet was the leading wizarding daily, which had given out the most popular journalists of all times. People who had made an impact with their words. Heading this team meant so much to Vlad, most of all it meant that he could some day make his impact felt as well.

Anyways, it was just his 3rd day in the office and he was still coming up to date with all the happenings and the way things were structured here. Thankfully, a lot of the journalists were people he had worked with back in the Oracle. So he partially knew how they would be working together. It was morning as of now, and Vlad was in the staff room. They had no restrictions on timing, so there weren't many people in the office as of now. He had left a note on everyone's desk the previous night about having a meeting together to kick start their work and right now he waiting for them.

tag: The team

• Sofiya Lorens and Zoey McLaggen like this

#3 OFFLINE   Elisa Di Angelo

Elisa Di Angelo

Tyr Alumni; Animagus

• Journalist
  • 436 posts
  • Wand Type:10 1/2" Beech with Unicorn Hair, Unyielding

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:22 AM

Today was going to be a pretty quiet day… supposedly. Though writing for a newspaper, one never really has a definite schedule and everything may change with a blink of an eye. Elisa was accustomed to it by now so she didn't really expect the quietness of her day to somehow last. Regardless, she did apparently have an early meeting today. Or says a note on her desk that she found as soon as she arrived. Elisa sat down on her own working area then spent a few moments reviewing her deadlines and managing her workload so that she can tackle everything more strategically after the staff meeting. Then, she decided it was time now to show up, so she grabbed her notepad and a quill then made her way toward the staff room.

Only one other person was there when she arrived. And it was someone she knew well. "Good morning," she greeted the editor-in-chief with a smile and took her place on the massive table. "I'm not too early, am I?" 

• Zoey McLaggen likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Dax Skeeter

Dax Skeeter

Hogwarts Canon, Official Slytherin Alumnus, Daily Prophet News Photographer

• Journalist
  • 1269 posts
  • Wand Type:12 3/4" pine with phoenix feather, springy
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:56 AM

1 (numbering to keep track for my internship)

Being in an internship meant a lot of extra time doing work outside of his typical daily schedule. Dax didn't mind, though, because this was real preparation for his future. In many ways, he preferred this to being at the castle. He loved the buzz of the news room and the Daily Prophet offices brought him a sense of nostalgia, having grown up amidst the headquarters for much of his childhood. 

His mentor had informed him that there would be a staff meeting of sorts and that he could come along. That seemed like a valuable experience and knew he should check it out in order to feel like part of the team. When he got there and saw his mentor was already there, he smiled and then nodded in greeting at the man who was apparently the new editor in chief. That man would be Dax's boss if he was lucky enough to land the job after school. Why wouldn't he?

• Zoey McLaggen likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Zoey McLaggen

Zoey McLaggen

Hogwarts Canon, Official Hufflepuff Alumna, Tea to Disagree Columnist

• Adult
  • 805 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:Cedar Wood, Phoenix Feather Core, 13.25", unyielding
  • Nickname(s):Zo

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:37 PM

(being over a month late still counts as fashionably late right?)

Zoey possibly expected more from her job at the Daily Prophet. There had been slow days, where basically nothing interesting enough seemed to be happening to report on. She specifically chose the entertainment department within the newspaper because she expected to meet influential people and high-end events, and because she never failed to have an issue expressing her brutally honest opinion on any topic. When she arrived at the office that day, ready to start her day writing about the latest drama in the love lives of Britain's famous witches and wizards, she found a note on her desk to attend a morning staff meeting. Not knowing what to expect from the new editor-in-chief, she dropped her designer bag by her desk and walked up to the staff room. "Morning Everyone." Zoey said as she entered before sitting down and taking her wand out of her sleeve to make herself some tea.

#6 OFFLINE   Sofiya Lorens

Sofiya Lorens

Tyr Alumni, Pyrokinetic, Daily Prophet Current Events Journalist

• Journalist
  • 603 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Wand Type:11", Avodire Wood, Augurey tail feather
  • Nickname(s):Sof
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:59 AM

(sorry for being late!)

Sofiya softly kept the final boxes on her desk, the ones that held all her work, decorations, and table stuff she held at the Oracle. She was new to the Prophet, having worked in Sweden Oracles earlier although that was a story of many of her colleagues who she knew from the Sweden Oracle. Being very punctual, she was on time reading the news about the shift in the Ministry and such when her eyes fell on the mini note. Meeting! Already? But it was a few days after being transferred so it wasn't like it was late or anything. On the contrary, it was about time they were having a meeting. Heading to the pantry area, she pulled out her own cup, filling it up with coffee before making her way inside the meeting room. "Morning!" Sofiya greeted the small crowd which consisted of the editor in chief and the other journalist, out of whom she only knew one, vaguely.

#7 OFFLINE   Sofiya Lorens

Sofiya Lorens

Tyr Alumni, Pyrokinetic, Daily Prophet Current Events Journalist

• Journalist
  • 603 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Wand Type:11", Avodire Wood, Augurey tail feather
  • Nickname(s):Sof
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 23 July 2021 - 01:03 PM

[NEW RP]

[Briefing for the interns & intern supervisors]

Sof had received the list of new interns from her boss who they'd be receiving at the Daily Prophet headquarters. This was going to be her first time helping out the young minds and directing them to look at the world from a reporter's perspective and since she meeting new people, she was looking forward to it. It was fun since new minds brought new ideas and visions to the table regardless of their age and the news world could really use out of the box, mind-blowing ideas to spice up the columns. They had quite an active listing of subscriptions and as an avid newsreader as well, she always dug for fresh writing. It was refreshing. The staff room was ready with coffee and cakes for the interns and the supervisors looking over them and once Sofiya was done with her final round to make sure that she isn't missing anything, she grabbed a copy of the latest news report and walked over to the refreshments area. The curtains were pulled back to allow the sun rays in and she took a deep breath, pouring herself coffee and reading the headlines from the newest release of the prophet. 

• Jasmine Weasley and Talya Peretz like this

#8 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

Daughter of Flora Lych & Fred Weasley II, 1/8 veela, Animagus, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Astronomer at the National Observatory, Wandless Magic

• Astronomer
  • 5820 posts
  • LocationTinworth
  • Nickname(s):Jas, Jelly Bean, Jazzy
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood

Posted 24 July 2021 - 11:42 PM

12. Early Bird

Jasmine still couldn't believe she'd gotten in. She'd put in a few different applications to better her odds, but apparently she needn't have worried, because she got her first choice. The prospect of working at the Daily Prophet was an exciting one. It was a chance for her to explore writing as a career option, just like she'd told Goldie weeks ago. What was better still, was that Niccolo had also gotten in. Sure, he was a photographer, but they'd be working in the same office, so they'd undoubtedly cross paths. Today Jasmine had donned her new skirt and blouse that Goldie had so generously bought her, wanting to make a good impression on her first day on the job. They had their briefing over in the staff room, so after arriving and asking for directions, she reached the right place. Apparently she was quite early, because the room was empty, save for a woman reading the paper. She may as well introduce herself. "Good morning! I'm Jasmine, one of the incoming interns."

• Zoey McLaggen and Niccolo Wormald like this

#9 OFFLINE   Niccolo Wormald

Niccolo Wormald

Son of Santana & Nate Wormald, Hydrokinesis, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Photographer at The Artsy Lens (Tinworth)

• Shop Assistant
  • Others: Adult, Artist
  • 2492 posts
  • LocationGryffindor Common Room
  • Wand Type:Ebony wood with Selkie Whisker and Ramora Scale cores, 13”, solid
  • Nickname(s):Niccolo

Posted 25 July 2021 - 05:14 AM

RPC: Early bird

Niccolo’s up bright and early for his first day. He got in as an intern for the Daily Prophet, focusing mainly as a photographer. He was ecstatic when he received his acceptance since he didn’t think that he would get the position. He’s only applied there while he knew his friends had gone for two jobs. He pretty much knew what he wanted in the future and that’s to travel the world and take photographs. Niccolo donned on something presentable for the orientation, having managed to tame his hair easily for once in his life. It didn’t take long for him to arrive at the headquarters since he’s living with Lee for the duration of his internship. What’s more, Jasmine got in, too! They would still see each other and hang out perhaps after work so that’s a very big plus. After that sleepover, anytime they could spend together is always precious to him. Entering the room, his eyes found the two occupants. Jasmine and another woman whom he guessed is one of their supervisors for the internship. ”Good morning. I’m Niccolo Wormald, one of the interns as well.” Niccolo focused his gaze on Jasmine and smiled at her, one of those smiles that he’d recently reserved just for her. ”Jasmine.” He kissed her cheek and winked. ”How are you?”

Edited by Niccolo Wormald, 25 July 2021 - 05:15 AM.

• Zoey McLaggen and Jasmine Weasley like this

#10 OFFLINE   Talya Peretz

Talya Peretz

Official Hufflepuff Alumna

• Journalist
  • 382 posts
  • LocationTel Aviv, Israel
  • Wand Type:11 1/2”, Australian Blackwood, Kelpie Hair
  • Nickname(s):Tali
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 25 July 2021 - 09:26 PM

Talya’s plan to work as a writer was getting stronger by the day. She saw herself as a writer from a young age but had yet to determine if it was going to be her final goal as she believes simply by writing in a diary a person doesn’t become a professional writer. The click wasn’t happening until the end of her fifth year during a career discussion with the counsellor that writing is her passion and a goal she pursues in future.

Just her luck to have the summer jobs being offered, Tali applied for a job in Daily Prophet - she got it and was on her way to it. They were given access earlier and one of the staff located the room for her where the interns introduction was happening. She wore a semi professional skirt and top with heels, knocking at the door and stepping inside. There were two students she’s occasionally seen in the castle and smiled at them, walking to where an older lady stood and greeted her with the brightest smile. Tali can’t help notice how young and gorgeous some of them are - is that a criteria? “Hi, I am Talya Peretz, reporting for my internship.” she introduced herself feeling a tad apprehensive all the same.

(1)
  • Zoey McLaggen, Niccolo Wormald and Jasmine Weasley like this

#11 OFFLINE   Zoey McLaggen

Zoey McLaggen

Hogwarts Canon, Official Hufflepuff Alumna, Tea to Disagree Columnist

• Adult
  • 805 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:Cedar Wood, Phoenix Feather Core, 13.25", unyielding
  • Nickname(s):Zo

Posted 18 August 2021 - 06:40 AM

It was time for yet another group of students that infiltrated the Daily Prophet Headquarters this summer. Zoey had already taken her summer break earlier that summer and now she was here where the group assembled for their first experience at the headquarters. Wearing her pantsuit and heels, she entered the staffroom where a few of the students had already gathered. "Good morning all of you." Zoey said and put down her bag and before sitting down in one of the seats. "Can you tell us more why you have chosen to work here over the summer?" Zoey asked the group of students that were present. 

• Niccolo Wormald and Jasmine Weasley like this

#12 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

Daughter of Flora Lych & Fred Weasley II, 1/8 veela, Animagus, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Astronomer at the National Observatory, Wandless Magic

• Astronomer
  • 5820 posts
  • LocationTinworth
  • Nickname(s):Jas, Jelly Bean, Jazzy
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood

Posted 18 August 2021 - 07:14 PM

That newspaper must have been awfully interesting with the way the woman seemed to be glued to it. Jasmine wondered how it was to read a newspaper you knew you'd written. You already knew the news, so did you read it to see what your colleagues had written up? Or perhaps to critique your own writing now that it was formally in print? Before she could ponder the question much longer, another set of footsteps entered the room, and in came Niccolo. They exchanged a look, the girl's face brightening up not so imperceptibly. He greeted her with a kiss on the cheek, which surprised her, mainly because they were around other people. "Hey," she greeted softly. "A little nervous, but excited. You?" First impressions were everything, so she was trying to keep everything in line for the duration of the day. Another girl had joined them by then; Jasmine wasn't familiar with her, but overheard the girl introducing herself as Talya. Another lady came in, clearly older than the rest of them. Staff. She was quite pretty, but got straight to business with the questions. "I think I might like to become a writer someday. I don't know what kind of writing I'd do, though, so I'm here to explore that a little." Would she become a writer? Who knew. But you didn't know until you tried it.

• Niccolo Wormald likes this

#13 OFFLINE   Niccolo Wormald

Niccolo Wormald

Son of Santana & Nate Wormald, Hydrokinesis, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Photographer at The Artsy Lens (Tinworth)

• Shop Assistant
  • Others: Adult, Artist
  • 2492 posts
  • LocationGryffindor Common Room
  • Wand Type:Ebony wood with Selkie Whisker and Ramora Scale cores, 13”, solid
  • Nickname(s):Niccolo

Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:39 PM

Okay, he doesn’t normally kiss Jasmine as his greeting but he couldn’t help it. After his talk with his Mom, and he agreed with her advice, it’s just too impossible not to show affection when it’s warranted. He might take his time per the doctor’s orders, so to speak, but it doesn’t mean he won’t be doing things to try and convey what he can’t with words. But this internship is definitely not the right time and place for that. Perhaps a kiss on the kiss was too much and unprofessional but ugh, he can’t help it! Still, though… he promises to do his best not to do or say anything weird. ”Me, too. Please don’t let me make a fool of myself.” He whispered to Jasmine with wide eyes as he took a seat next to her. He glanced at the others who are there, spotting Talya, a fellow student and someone who he had first met during his first at the camp. He smiled at her in greeting and not before long, another woman entered (Zoey), asking them why they’re here for the summer. I see, she sounds like a ball-buster, an adult version of his younger bratty sister. He pursed his lips and listened to Jasmine, then he cleared his throat before he spoke. ”Uhm, hello, Ma’am. I like taking pictures and I’ve been reading and practicing photography for more than two years now. I’m hoping to be a photojournalist in the future, so I thought being here would be an excellent experience for me.”

#14 OFFLINE   Talya Peretz

Talya Peretz

Official Hufflepuff Alumna

• Journalist
  • 382 posts
  • LocationTel Aviv, Israel
  • Wand Type:11 1/2”, Australian Blackwood, Kelpie Hair
  • Nickname(s):Tali

Posted 29 August 2021 - 04:17 PM

Tali took a seat passing a friendly smile to the others. It was not long before another staff arrived and got straight to business. Her answer was similar to the others, “I enjoy writing and I want to pursue a career in journalism after graduation.” After writing for the yearbook newsletter, she was keener on her career choice. Her final year is approaching in a year and Talya knew this is the right time to decide what she wants to do. Her parents are supportive of her choice; sad that she will leave Israel and move to UK but they know she’s an adult and can take care of herself.

(2)

Edited by Talya Peretz, 29 August 2021 - 04:17 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   Blaine Totterdale

Blaine Totterdale

Official Ravenclaw Alumni, Animagus, Celebrity

• Adult
  • Others: Celebrity
  • 1881 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:Spruce wood with a Phoenix feather core 14 ½" and Unyielding flexibility

Posted 20 February 2022 - 12:38 PM

Tag: Vladislav Dimitrov, Zoey McLaggen, Louis de Vries, Guinevere Meredith

Blaine was absolutely overcome with rage. He was used to there being crap written about him, especially since he parted ways with Nienor. He was fine ignoring all that, but this time, it was different. Involving his son crossed a line. When Damian was too young to attend Hogwarts, he always made it a point to shield Damian from the press as much as he could. He had only ever spoken to Guinevere because their kids were the same age and befriended each other. They arranged play dates, and that was about it. Damian's interest in quidditch was never something Blaine had pushed, and although he was happy quidditch was an interest they both shared and could talk about, Blaine never pushed him to play. However, he couldn't deny that his son did have some talent for the game. The boy made the quidditch team all by his own hard work, and Blaine wasn't going to let any lousy journalist convince his son or anyone else otherwise. 

Blaine, followed by his manager who unsuccessfully had tried to calm him down after the prophet landed on his property this morning, stormed into the Prophet Headquarters, ignoring all the eyes on him from the receptionists, the other journalist and headed straight to the room in the back where he expected the editor in chief to be located. "What makes you think you have the right?!" Blaine shouted at the top of his voice, slamming the morning paper on the man's desk.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users