Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Mental Health On Ho

Mental Health Trigger Warning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Giselle DLisle

Giselle DLisle

Chairman of the Governors ; Supreme Mugwump of the ICW

• Governor
  • Others: Head Professor
  • 1819 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Wand Type:10 1/4 Olive Wood with Fairy Dust
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

Xy9bLoX.png

Beloved Members,

Given recent events, the Governors and I have decided to take several steps to improve HO's response to mental health issues that our members may be dealing with on a regular basis. Mental health has long been a taboo in our society, but HO is a safe space for all people and we want you to feel comfortable discussing the very normal issue of struggling with mental health issues.

To that end, we will be working to make resources available to all of our members so that you can seek our help if you are feeling like you need assistance coping with your thoughts and feelings. We would also like to invite you all to take a brief survey about HO and how we can better help you all feel safe talking freely about your issues here on the site and with your fellow members. This survey is completely anonymous and will be used to improve the site.

Please remember, if you are having thoughts of suicide, you should seek help immediately. Find many international resources on suicide prevention HERE. As always, feel free to approach any Governor with questions or to seek support here on the site.

HO SURVEY ON MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT

Yours Always,

The Governors

• Lorinda Whitsunday, Broderick Lyle Ogden Turner, Prof. Britney Bryne-Rothwell and 8 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   Madison Brewer

Madison Brewer

Beauxbâtons Transfer, Hufflepuff Quidditch Team Chaser

• Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 93 posts
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Thank you so much for posting this, and taking steps to help those that need it (myself included). It’s good that we are at least talking about it, and making it common place so that we may feel more comfortable discussing it. We should be able to support each other through our tough times, and our fun HO times. If anyone needs to talk my door is always open. <3
  • Prof. Britney Bryne-Rothwell, Official Gavril Lazarov, Shawn Rose and 1 other like this

#3 OFFLINE   Nathan Piekarski

Nathan Piekarski
  • Banned
  • 124 posts
  • LocationHogwart's
  • Wand Type:11" long, made of holly, and possessed a phoenix feather core
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:01 PM

Thanks you for posting the survey it its really helping me  :D  :D

#4 OFFLINE   Niko Kobayashi

Niko Kobayashi

Animagus, Official Hufflepuff Alumna

• Adult
  • 511 posts
  • LocationHiding under Alden's bed.
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

I wish this was posted years ago. Perhaps brief descriptions on certain autism's as well since we have a few people here on the spectrum and people tend to overlook it or say its an excuse. 

• Prof. Cassie Blair likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users