Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Pottermore!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
385 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Ravenclaw Alumna

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2949 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

Waa! Still closed when I got on! I can't get on during the night because my parents would have a fit. I can stay up as late as 10PM - almost midnight and get up as early as 8AM or so.

So, let me get this straight. The first three days it opens EST at 4 AM, 5 AM, and now 6 AM? And how long did they stay open? I'm hoping that on Day 6 or 7 it will be open when I get up... sad.gif

#122 OFFLINE   Lily Grace Rockwell

Lily Grace Rockwell

Slytherin Alumna

• Adult
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

It was open at 4 am MDT, and I gave it several tries before it took the last one but then you have to wait for a letter before you can really do anything.

#123 OFFLINE   Fedora Middleton

Fedora Middleton
  • Ravenclaw 5th Year
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:13 PM

I'm gone for a night and I miss two pages.Wow you guys...just wow.lol And congrats to the peeps who got in!Btw,love the oicture hehe!

#124 Guest_Angel Gooden_*

Guest_Angel Gooden_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

Havent got in yet! sad.gif when is it up eastern time?

#125 Guest_Isidora Dostoevsky_*

Guest_Isidora Dostoevsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

Well by the pattern it's going. . .4am EST, then 5am, and today 6 I'm assuming that the next will be at 7am, but I've noticed that each day they close faster. . .a lot faster.

#126 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1004 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

Katelynn...... I think about 143 thousand a day. According to Wikipedia.

Angel...... nice pictures.

Says between 2 pm and 6 pm BST, which is, if I can do the math correctly this time, between 9 am and 1 pm? That's off-pattern. But I think it's right. If it's not, blame the time zone converter.

#127 OFFLINE   Healer Emma Atalanta

Healer Emma Atalanta

Head Hospital Wing Healer, Hufflepuff Alumni, Empathy, Healer Certification Guest Instructor

• Hogwarts Staff
  • 2875 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

((this is arabella))

9am to 1pm seems to be right by my calculations which should definitely help those who are in america. I think I should have waited...oh well I'm in anyway.

#128 OFFLINE   Prof. Dakota Kane

Prof. Dakota Kane

Former Governor of Hogwarts Online

• Portrait
  • 2303 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

levitate the feather drove me nuts cause i had no idea at first how to do it. Eh don't care who was right Sam anymore cause I got in and almost had a heart attack due to my excitement of trying to find the answer to the clue lol. I had been on the point of bed when i checked my phone 30 minutes after i turned off my computer and found my validation waiting for me. I was like "Sleep can wait a few more minutes" lol

#129 OFFLINE   Angel Carriedo

Angel Carriedo

Loki Alumna,

• Adult
  • 3708 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

On GMT + 8 calculations:

I got in on Day 2, and that opened at 5PM my time, which is approximately 5AM Eastern Daylight Time (handy to know that Daylisght Savings makes calculations easier). Since my place is ahead of the UK by 8 hours, counting backwards, I'd say that the clue went out at 9AM British Standard Time.

Adjust accordingly? I had a screenshot of Pottermore on the previous(?) page around 6PM my time, which is Manila time, so that's 10AM BST... which is 6AM EDT (adjust accordingly to your timezone in the USA) and so on.

So most likely on Day 7... it might come out 2PM British Standard time... which is 10PM here in my area, 10AM in EDT...

Phew calculations are confusing! IDK anymore.

#130 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Here is Australia (GMT +10)

Day 1= 6pm
Day 2= 7pm
Day 3= 8pm

so I don't believe it is such a wild guess that the pattern would continue. So for us here in Australia it's probably 9 tonight and 10 and so on. This is gonna get so confusing. I've gotten all my friends in but I have one more to go that's got really strict parents. 9 and 10 won't be an option.
sad.gif

#131 OFFLINE   Crystal Jewel Winter

Crystal Jewel Winter

Ravenclaw Alumni

• Adult
  • 2506 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

Haha you guys are sooooo lucky http://i51.tinypic.com/5f0n7p.gif I TOTALLY like TOTALLY forgot about it!!! sad.gif I just remember TODAY when I saw pottermore in real life central!!!!!! sad.gif This sucks!!! Now I NEED to wait for the 4th clue dry.gif I'm always up late at night but ehhh... I cannot forget it! I wanna get it dry.gif sleep.gif This is killing me.

#132 OFFLINE   Katelynn Clemenceau

Katelynn Clemenceau
  • Portrait
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

Oh my gosh!!! http://i53.tinypic.com/2ijogp0.gif Those pictures were soooo funny!!! Hahahaha!! I swear I just about died laughing when I read that. I soooo wish that I had a HP friend that I could show that too. It's such Harry Potter nerd humor but I looooved it!!

Bahahhahaa!!!

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ijogp0.gif

Nice job Angel!

Edited by Katelynn Clemenceau, 02 August 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#133 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have an account on Pottermore yet!! sad.gif

I'm going to try on the very last day (The clue will most likely arrive at 7AM), but there is a good chance that I will be cherishing what we call sleep then... lol
My timezone sucks, obviously. :/

#134 OFFLINE   Jason Makintire

Jason Makintire
  • Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:51 AM

next clue is between 2.00pm and 6.00pm BST. according to the insider

insider.pottermore.com

#135 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:08 AM

can't delete this post....

Edited by Mai Hokkaido, 03 August 2011 - 06:12 AM.

#136 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:17 AM

Well, it isn't there yet, and i've heard a rumor that it was going to skip an hour, so I'm going tin that for now and hoping that it's true, because if not, I'll have staed up til 8am for nothing, since I've already gotten into pottermore and was jsut staying up to keep a friend company lol

#137 OFFLINE   Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Ravenclaw Alumna

• 2949 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

Strange it is now 9:10AM EST and it is still telling me that Day 3 is closed. Which means it hasn't done its Day 4 clue yet! biggrin.gif *is gonna stalk pottermore all morning*

#138 OFFLINE   Healer Emma Atalanta

Healer Emma Atalanta

Head Hospital Wing Healer, Hufflepuff Alumni, Empathy, Healer Certification Guest Instructor

• Hogwarts Staff
  • 2875 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

should be between 9am and 1pm EST if that helps everyone. This is according to the insider of pottermore. So that's 8-12 central 7-11 mountain and 6-10 pacific for those in america. Again, don't count on that hour by hour thing cause obviously it's wrong. If you need help with other time zones i can try and help but im not the best at it.

#139 OFFLINE   Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Ravenclaw Alumna

• 2949 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:09 AM

Yeah, weird. I was on at 9AM EST and it said Day 3 was closed (which was yesterday), and now it is past 10AM EST and it still says Day 3. So today's clue has not been released yet... And curse the luck but I have a dentist appointment at noon! I certainly hope the clue is released before then!

#140 OFFLINE   Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Ravenclaw Alumna

• 2949 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

It is OPEN! Opened about 10-15 minutes ago! Still open right now I think. How many students participated in Triwizard Tourney during Harry's 4th year x 28! Redirects to Sony and then you just have to catch the magic quill.