Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Mentoring Tips

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Natasha Vasilyevna

Natasha Vasilyevna

Former Deputy Headmistress of Beauxbatons; Magical Resistance

• Adult
  • 1012 posts
  • Wand Type:12" Silver Birch wand with Murtlap Growth core
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:19 PM

Your journey as a mentor is a personal one but here are some general tips and suggestions :

Time and commitment

It's pretty obvious that you need this. But don't forget to communicate. Let your mentee know if you would be busy, or inform the coordinators. Of course, sometimes you might not be sure just how busy you would be, but try to let the coordinators know that you just might be away so that plans could be made.

Make a personal connection and listen

Mentoring isn't about you telling your mentee what to do : you're only helping them realize what they can do. In the process, you get to make a new friend, IC and perhaps even OOC. Some mentees might have specific questions or concerns so do try to find out what matters more to him / her (and the writer). Then, it might also be nice to share your own experiences.

Ask specific questions

Asking "Do you have any questions ?" will most likely get you a "No" or "Not yet". It might be more useful to ask, for example, "Do you know how to enrol in classes ?" or "Do you know the Beauxbâtons requirements to move to Year 2 ?" When your mentee seems unable to explain problems, going in chronological might be useful, eg. "How did this first start ?", "Could you tell me what you first tried ?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users