Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

How Does Your House Reflect You? -Pottermore

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dijon Adridge

Dijon Adridge
  • Slytherin 6th Year
  • 203 posts
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hey guys,
When you joined pottermore and got sorted, have you ever come across memories in which you displayed a specific trait? If you did, share it with!

#2 OFFLINE   Dijon Adridge

Dijon Adridge
  • Slytherin 6th Year
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

O.k, so here's mine.
My writer is a Slytherin according to pottermore, and here is him showing slytherin traits prior to getting sorted:
Determination and a disregard to rules: This one time, professor applications were open, and my writer couldn't wait to get home... *So he sneakt into the school's computer lab, evens though he was not given permission by any teacher.
Ambitious: My writer hates getting bad marks, he always studies and gets upset if he gets anything like 76 percent in a test.
Disregarding rules and determination: Oh gosh! I am not proud about this but I'll be honest... This one time in sixth grade, writer I was writing my English exam, but didn't study, so I actually hid my English book under my school shirt, held my tummy to make look asthough it was going to burst and asked my teacher to the loo. When I got there, I memorised some answers and finished my test, with good marks. Please note that I was only 12, and that I regret that act of dishonesty*

#3 Guest_Silica Nightengale_*

Guest_Silica Nightengale_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

My writer was sorted into Ravenclaw at first then eventually deleted the account and cheated her way into getting Slytherin. xD.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='xD' /> Oh well, I mean answering the way a sly would... I think my writer is more like a claw because she is intelligent and likes success. She isn't really power hungry as she doesn't really like leadership roles, though she does well in them when she knows what she is doing.

#4 OFFLINE   Tucker L. Ortiz

Tucker L. Ortiz

Hufflepuff Alumni

• Adult
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationLondon - Paris
  • Wand Type:12" Alder wood w/ Werewolf hair core
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

All I can say is . . . I AM NOT A RAVENCLAW! I'm a HUFFLEPUFF!!
  • Macarius Rockwell likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Prof. Alaina Balthazar

Prof. Alaina Balthazar

Hufflepuff Alumna; Nonverbal Magic; Hufflepuff Affiliate

• Portrait
  • Others: Adult, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors Emeriti, Hufflepuff Affiliate
  • 12449 posts
  • LocationHolyhead, United Kingdom
  • Wand Type:10 Inch | Alder | Unicorn Core | Slightly Springy
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

I was sorted into Ravenclaw. This was way before I joined HO, and all I wanted to be was a Gryffindor! I'm really like a Claw because, when I was in school, I was pretty studious. But I think I'm more of a Hufflepuff than anything. I think Pottermore got it wrong :P

#6 OFFLINE   Healer Alexis Rose Wood

Healer Alexis Rose Wood

Clairsentient, Hogwarts Healer, Occlumency, Clairsentient

• Hogwarts Staff
  • Others: Adult, Ravenclaw Affiliate
  • 689 posts
  • Wand Type:Cedar, Centaur Mane Hair, 12 Inches, Quite Flexible

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

I got Ravenclaw at first? Then on the second run I got Slytherin. It was confusing because I had always thought I was more Slytherin than Ravenclaw. I went overboard and the the sorting like 4 times. It was pretty split so I guess I am a Slytherclaw? :D If there is such a thing.

#7 OFFLINE   Kim Yang

Kim Yang

Gryffindor 3rd Year

• Gryffindor 3rd Year
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEast Sheen, London, UK
  • Wand Type:11¼" Holly, Hippogriff Tail Hair, Solid
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

I am SO a Hufflepuff IRL. Kind, loyal, hard working and accepting of others. I see the good in people before I see the bad. I got sorted into Hufflepuff on Pottermore too.

#8 OFFLINE   Sadie Kingston

Sadie Kingston

Bellelune Alumna, Editor-in-Chief of Le Quotidien

• Adult
  • 1311 posts
  • LocationHogwarts, of course!
  • Wand Type:Beech, 11 3/4 inches, Dragon Heartstring, Flexible

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

IRL, I'm probably the biggest Claw you'll ever find, lol. Always reading, always excited for school -- on break right now, missing school terribly -- and I can say safely that my friends rely on me for all the answers to their questions. I guess I'm also a Claw because I'm a mediator. I try to stay out of or/and solve drama. Pottermore agreed with me at first, but when I resorted, I got Hufflepuff. My twinnie's Hufflepuff too, and she's a lot like me.. 

So I guess I'm a Huffleclaw? O.O 

• Scarlet Boyd likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Prof. Maëlle Reynolds

Prof. Maëlle Reynolds

Ravenclaw Alumni

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • Others: Adult
  • 2074 posts
  • LocationHogwarts
  • Wand Type:13 3/4 inches, Cypress, Unicorn core, Unyielding
  • Nickname(s):Elle

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

IRL I'm a Claw all the way!! Love books, enjoy school and everyone relies on me being able to do everything  (which can be really annoying, cause I suck at physics)  Pottermore sorted me in RC aswell, so I guess I truly am a Claw  :D

#10 OFFLINE   Eris Hudson

Eris Hudson

Slytherin Alumna, Astronomer at the National Observatory

• Astronomer
  • 2109 posts
  • Wand Type:10 3/4 Poplar, Kneazle hair

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:10 AM

Let's see Pottermore I got placed in Slytherin both times. Just like every other HP site or test I've done. I thought that I was a Claw but It's telling me I'm more of a Sly. So I guess I'm a Slytherclaw. That works. :)

#11 OFFLINE   Scarlet Boyd

Scarlet Boyd

Ravenclaw Alumna, Clairsentience, Dragon Keeper at the Reserve

• Dragon Keeper
  • 2771 posts
  • LocationUK Dragon Sanctuary
  • Wand Type:14 and half inches Ash wood, unicorn core and brittle
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

Okay so IRL I was a Hat Stall on Pottermore! It was Between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.

The hat said my thirst for knowledge, creativity, and originality put me in Ravenclaw. However, my loyalty, patience, and acceptance placed me in Hufflepuff.

I have always felt that I belonged in Ravenclaw due to being a nerd. I double majored in biochemistry and microbiology in college and I work in a medical lab in cancer. I love taking classes just for fun and learning something new. I am not afraid of being myself since I have always been that girl that was some what odd. However, things that have happened to me in my life have made me a loyal person through and through. I stand by my friends and protect those around me. Since I am always trying to just be me I accept those around me or who they are. I am very social and I am that one girl you would remember after meeting me. I am happy because life is to short to be sad, knowledge gives me a wonderful purpose, and friends give me a life of happiness!

I am a mix but I would hope that if the hat were on my head it would take my opinion into account and place me in wise old Ravenclaw! :3

• Prof. Maëlle Reynolds likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Amhlaidh Haugen

Amhlaidh Haugen

Former HoH of Vanaheim, Freyja Alumni, Hogwarts Transfer

• Adult
  • 3607 posts
  • LocationHaugesborg, Ljósálfaheim near Trondheim (Norway)
  • Wand Type:(Main wand) 15” Ebony Wand, Graphel Horn Core; (Second Wand) 15" Beech Wand, Graphel Horn Core

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

At Pottermore I was dumped into Slytherin after answering a bunch of questions. Either if this is true or not I cannot say. 

As about myself I have friendships that weathered through many storms. When it comes to work I have a preference to work alone than constant in a team. I like to choose what I do, but can comply to what is asked or given. When it comes to myself I can start a writing project that keeps me busy for months or years and put then an end to it. Real good friends whom I trust, I would ask for ideas and advises. But if I don't know you, I won't. Next the HP world, I am a fan of Tolkien and a lover of the whole Star Wars universe. 

Either way when I came here couple of years ago, HO Hat found I belonged in Hufflepuff and that's what reflect my RL me. 

Edited by Amhlaidh McFeandan, 16 June 2014 - 06:46 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   Mort Gibier

Mort Gibier
  • Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 86 posts
  • Wand Type:Pine, Thunderbird Feather, 11 1/4", Slightly Springy

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

I took the test 6 times (I couldn't stop at odd and that's how long it took to get 1 with more) but I got Claw, Sly, Claw, Sly, Claw, Claw. Looking back over things, I am a hard core Slytherclaw. :P I took another test once, and it gave %s along with the one you're most like. I got 45% Claw and 30% Sly. If you want a specific memory, how about every waking moment? :P

#14 OFFLINE   Eryka van der Zwan

Eryka van der Zwan

Ravenclaw Alumna

• Adult
  • Others: HO Site Archivist
  • 5684 posts
  • Location~adventureland~

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

Everywhere I got sorted Gryffindor.  It is my love of athletic adventure working the emergency trauma and kids side of life.  

While my school CV looks like a Ravenclaw's dream.  My peers were older than me, but I was at school at 4am class at 7 until 4 then left school around 8 in the evening. (sports/classes) Double Major, with a minor in college.  I keep going back to school, there is always something new to learn.

The fun thing was a document that described real houses.  In the modern world.... Hogwarts accepts students from a UK (as well as around the world).  The definition of a school range being simplified to a nation. Most schools are made by districts.  So if you looked at your high school mascot it could determine your house. 

If it is named after:

A president or prime minister (country's leader) = Slytherin.

A famous person (scientist, historical figure) = Ravenclaw

A fighter aka Trojans, Agronauts, Aztecs, Knights = Grffindor

An animal (not just your mascot) = Hufflepuff

I

#15 OFFLINE   Arya Dhanistha Thrace

Arya Dhanistha Thrace
  • Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 71 posts
  • LocationRavenclaw Tower
  • Wand Type:Beech, Unicorn Hair, 11", Slightly Yielding

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

IRL, I'm probably the biggest Claw you'll ever find, lol. Always reading, always excited for school -- on break right now, missing school terribly -- and I can say safely that my friends rely on me for all the answers to their questions. I guess I'm also a Claw because I'm a mediator. I try to stay out of or/and solve drama. Pottermore agreed with me at first, but when I resorted, I got Hufflepuff. My twinnie's Hufflepuff too, and she's a lot like me.. 

So I guess I'm a Huffleclaw? O.O

Aw! Like mentor, like mentee! I'd challenge you on your being the biggest Claw to be found, but I'm more into co-op than pvp ;) I think I'm kind of a deviant Claw in some ways, though. I LOVE learning, but I'm not really big on the whole "formal education" thing. Institutionalized academics are kind of distasteful to me. But I think I've just had bad experiences. Nevertheless, I doubt I'll ever go the traditional route when it comes to higher learning and whatnot, but I'll certainly never stop being an autodidact. It's what's got me as far as I am, really... Aside from my unquenchable thirst for knowledge, I'd say my unshakable belief that creativity is what comprises the core of my being as well as my problem with pontification plop me pretty solidly in the Claw category. (Hehe, forgive me. Sometimes literary devices catch me unawares, and I just don't have the heart to fend them off).

I've noticed that after Ravenclaw, Slytherin is what I score next highest in, but I've realised that if I were who I truly wanted to be, I'd prob be a Huffleclaw, too! Though I know that ultimately I'm a Claw through and through and am quite proud of that fact, I think that deep down I wholeheartedly believe that Hufflepuffs are the best kind of people, and I truly aspire to be more like them.  :3  <3

#16 OFFLINE   Diana Prince

Diana Prince
  • Slytherin New 1st Year
  • 5 posts
  • Wand Type:10" Ash, Phoenix Hair, Solid

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

in pottermore I was sorted into Gryffindor but it was year ago and I always felt like a Slytherin and not I am one  :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users