Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Anti-Bullying Psa (Ooc Concerns)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Sorcha Logan

Prof. Sorcha Logan

Headmistress of Hogwarts, Director of Student Life, animagus, occlumens

• Governor
  • Others: Gryffindor House Administration, Head Professor, Hogwarts Head Staff (H), Hufflepuff Affiliate, Hufflepuff House Administration, Ravenclaw House Administration, Slytherin House Administration
  • 9169 posts
  • Wand Type:16" Purple heart with Phoenix Ash, whippy
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

It has come to the attention of the Governors of Hogwarts Online that personal bullying is occurring in high volume in the associated social venues of the site (i.e. the chatroom, facebook, and YIM). While HO's harassment policies are limited to actions that occur on the hswcw website and direct contact between two or more members, it is still essential that all members of the forum act in a respectable manner and remember the Golden Rule. For those who do not know the Golden Rule it is as follows:

Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.

(Basically, don't treat other people like crap because karma will hit you in the big one.)

Now, I'm not making this announcement because of karma. I am making the announcement because every so often, as new waves of members become active and things on the site grow and change, it has become a pattern that OOC bullying occurs more frequently during these times. I would like to iterate that you are not required to like anyone on this forum. However, you are encouraged to give respect to all members of the forum, no matter who they may be and no matter where you encounter them. If you are having a personal issue with a member that cannot be solved in a civil manner, seek help of a Hogwarts Online administrator if this problem is interfering with your ability to either A)remain active on HO or B)complete a job on HO. We advise that you do not advertise your woes and personal problems in a public venue, for this will only generate additional controversies, complaints, misunderstandings, and quarrels.

OOC Bullying and harassment is taken seriously at Hogwarts Online as we have a zero tolerance policy and if you feel you are truly being bullied, please feel comfortable in contacting any of the Governors. If you feel it is a Governor that is bullying you, and you are worried your opinion or situation will not be heard, I would like to personally advise you to still seek the aid of a Governor. We work as a team and are looking out for the best interests of everyone.

Posted Image

Thank you and best regards,

The Governors of Hogwarts Online

• Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau, Prof. Celestina Smerch, Prof. Vera Armend and 21 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users