Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Just Need Thoughts, Prayers Whatever

family sickness worry emergency

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Aine MacArthur

Prof. Aine MacArthur

Telepathy

• Hogwarts Professors
  • Others: Gryffindor Affiliate, Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

So, I didn't know where to post this, if someone has a better place, please sort it elsewhere. I thought about the away board, but I'm not going away, I'm just asking for your thoughts, prayers, whatever it is you do. Many of you know that when I was much younger, my mom died and about a year and a half later, my dad remarried. That relationship was never functional. Fastforward to april of this year. I think my stepmom going to a good therapist for her stuff, and me to the same good therapist for mine (and my brother for his, they talked a lot about what all I was getting better about) And that has changed. Our relationship is not only functional and cordial, we can talk, joke and laugh about just about anything and seriously discuss even heavy hitting issues like politics.

Yesterday evening I was looking up the differences between red and green thai curries to decide which type I wanted to try first because I had bought both pastes when my dad called me to say my step-mom was in the hospital. In the middle of church she started having heart palpitations, at first it was just a bit disconcerting and uncomfortable, but she had recently been diagnosed with ADHD and as we are both on vyvanse, I had previously mentioned that the first month or so is rife with strange side effects, and some days my heart would race for a bit or feel like it was beating really hard, especially if I was warm, and then I'd be fine once I worked on calming down. But then she felt pain in her chest and arm. By that time most of the service was over, so they decided they would wait to see if it was just part of the palpitations or a panic side effect (it happens sometimes. Mind altering drugs are *not* toys kids, especially not strong prescription ones) they drove to the hospital which is just down the road, and of course she was admitted to the ER immediately. It wasn't a heart attack, but she's getting heart cath surgery done at some point today. I'm just stressed and worried, so just...you know, whatever works.

#2 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1004 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Oh, my goodness. My thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes to you, your stepmom, your father, your families, the surgeons, and all others involved. Here's to hoping she'll make a full recovery. Of course, I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm certain you've got the whole HO community here supporting you. Best wishes. Posted Image

Edited by Achlys Demarchis, 02 July 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Jared MacSween

Jared MacSween

Slytherin Alumnus

• Adult
  • 1110 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! I will keep you and your family in my prayers, and I hope your stepmother is fine at the end of all of this. Achlys is right, we're all here with you through this. Our hearts to you, and lots of hugs.

#4 OFFLINE   Prof. Shakara Dragonstorm

Prof. Shakara Dragonstorm
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 1071 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

Aine, you know our hearts and prayers are with you. And, you know how to reach me if you need someone to talk with!

#5 ONLINE   Prof. Aqua Rye

Prof. Aqua Rye

Gryffindor HOH, Ancient Runes DH, Director of Public Works, Gryffindor Alumna, Animagus, Telekinesis

• Governor
  • Others: Camp Counselor, Gryffindor Affiliate, Gryffindor House Administration, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors
  • 18337 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

I wish your step-mom and your family the best :) Keepin it short and sweet :)

#6 OFFLINE   Zayne Woods

Zayne Woods
  • Slytherin 7th Year
  • 460 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

I wish you all the best. Good luck, and hoped she's going to have full recovery soon.

#7 OFFLINE   Prof. Aine MacArthur

Prof. Aine MacArthur

Telepathy

• Hogwarts Professors
  • Others: Gryffindor Affiliate, Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Thanks guys, my dad just texted me and they're doing prep for the surgery. He's gonna call me when she's out. The way they're doing it should keep her hospital stay shorter which is good because my dad just had bone spurs and bunions removed from one of his feet last monday (what a pair!) so they're going to be making sure that each of them don't do too much. He seems to be okay, but I'm just worried, like my little brother is. He's my dad! And I'm worried about Linda too, but if anyone could argue with death and say "back off buddy" it'd be her, she's all redheaded and teachery, and I think he'd be scared :P Thank you so much for your support, between you guys and my rl friends, I feel very very well loved, and it's keeping me afloat. I'm trying to do lots to keep my head together, and spend only small stents sitting and thinking and working on the computer so I don't get caught by any possible lingering negative thoughts. You all probably know how that can go!

#8 OFFLINE   AurĂ©lie Bertrand

Aurélie Bertrand

Ravenclaw 3rd Year

• Ravenclaw 3rd Year
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish you and your family all the best. I hope that the surgery went well and that she's on her way to a speedy recovery. :)

#9 OFFLINE   Asa Cypress

Asa Cypress
  • Adult
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

i hope it went well