Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Owl And Year Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Virginia Chase

Virginia Chase

Gryffindor Alumna

• Adult
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

So...as for OWLs, I did all the theory stuff online but Prof. Cille doesn't seem to have been very active in the past month or so, so I still don't know what I got. Today is when quills are due etc (I think) and I still haven't gotten my Ancient Runes OWL graded either. Who should I ask about this...?

Also I think I have 16 quills now, does that mean I get to move up to my 6th year? http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif

#2 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Similar question.

I took three remedial COMC classes and didn't get quills for them yet. Is there someone I should PM or...? Prof. MV left, so... I guess I'm in the same boat as an inactive professor.

Edited by Nolan Faolain, 21 March 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#3 Guest_Official Travis Blair_*

Guest_Official Travis Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

I have someone going in to look at the OWL exams and grade them. This should be done soon.

Yes, you'll move up to 6th year with at least 15 quills.

If you were in Prof. Moncrief-Vesey's Remedial CoMC classes, you should contact the current Department Chair about getting a quill. That's Prof. Jacob Robinson.

#4 OFFLINE   Allison Rose

Allison Rose

Gryffindor Alumni; 1/2 Veela; Telepath

• Adult
  • 8027 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

What if i only have 10 quills total, and passed all but one of the OWL's that I signed up for? Can I still move up?

#5 Guest_Official Travis Blair_*

• Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'll have to discuss that with my team of professors. It depends on how many quills you'd be getting for the OWLs that you passed. Branwen was only giving one quill for the class no matter how many exams you took, but it's possible we could be giving you more now since the OWLs and the NEWTs are undergoing changes.

Edited by Prof. Travis Blair, 21 March 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Angel Carriedo

Angel Carriedo

Loki Alumna,

• Adult
  • 3708 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Questions:

Before everything happened, there was an agreement that whoever got 3 OWLs could move up to 6th year. Did that change because of what happened lately? I've only gotten one OWL so I'm a bit iffy about taking Ministry Internship next Term.

Also, who'll be in charge OF the Ministry Internship this time around?

One last question: who do we PM if we don't want to move up a Year? I've only gotten one OWL done and needless to say it's pretty embarrassing. I'd like to maintain some sense of canonical sanity...

Edited by Angel Carriedo, 21 March 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#7 Guest_Official Travis Blair_*

• Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure the 3 OWLs would move you up. My team and I each gave one quill per passed exam, up to 3. So if you did at least 3 exams, you'll most likely move up because you were given 3 quills. If you don't end up moving up and you think that's an error, PM Prof. Schuyler.

If you don't want to move up, PM Prof. Schuyler.

You'll know who's doing the Ministry Internship when the new classes and professors are announced. I think that's on the 26th.

#8 OFFLINE   Virginia Chase

Virginia Chase

Gryffindor Alumna

• Adult
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

When I did OWLs last term, I didn't move up because I only got one quill. Is that changing....? Also, are you still giving awards for OWLs or are we getting quills instead?

#9 Guest_Official Travis Blair_*

• Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

The rule now is that you need at least three quills to move up, to go from fifth-year to sixth-year. I don't think it matters now how many OWLs you passed, as long as you have the required 3 quills from wherever.

Yes, we are doing both awards and quills. I forgot to do awards for my half of the kids, so I'll go do them now. Thanks for the reminder!

#10 OFFLINE   Prof. Jacob Robinson

Prof. Jacob Robinson
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 1051 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

Remedial Quills will not be awarded, sorry.
I recommend simply taking the COMC101 class this term.

#11 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1004 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

As this seems to be the currently active OWL questions thread, can 6th years still enroll and take additional OWLs?

#12 Guest_Official Travis Blair_*

• Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

Yes, this is the last term that 6th-years will be allowed to do the OWLs. In the future, it will be open to 5th-years only, but we won't turn anyone away.

#13 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1004 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

Thanks, Poppa Lion. http://i53.tinypic.com/t6sfwk.gif

#14 OFFLINE   Prof. Aleksander Maslov

Prof. Aleksander Maslov
  • Banned
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

This question has been answered. Now being moved to the archives where it can be referenced at a later date. All new issues should be posted in a new topic.