Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Howdy Doody

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey
  • Portrait
  • 4124 posts
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

lol maybe can make something like that

#62 OFFLINE   Ziva David

Ziva David

Ravenclaw Alumni

• Adult
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSomerset, England
  • Wand Type:Silverwood, Veela Hair, 12 Inches
  • Blood Status:Creature
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

We should go to the London Zoo!

And I don't love Eric... no buttons for me...

OMG. yes. I have not been since I was a little girl. But I remember the penguins. I have been telling my boys about the zoo, I cannot wait to take them.

#63 Guest_Autumn Cohen_*

Guest_Autumn Cohen_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hi! I enjoyed reading all of this thread by the way :check:

My real name is Gemma and I'm 22 (does that count as an adult, I don't feel like it should?).

I am in my final year of university and then I'll be a qualified teacher.

I have been in a relationship for three years, we live together, I got verbally abused for joining this site.

I won't have kids unless I adopt but then, I think that would be unfair.

I will have cats instead and be a crazy cat lady, like that one on CSI.

I have two younger cousins, they're boys in primary school and I love them so much. Today they were on a giant trampoline and I was underneath, foolishly, I looked up just as one of them jumped on my head and I ended up floored and in mud. We all could not stop laughing, killed me though.

I have a few friends who like Harry Potter but I am an absolute geek about it, I really don't care though.

My Mum and Dad banned me from reading when I was younger because they blamed every mistake I made on me being in 'cloud cuckoo land' with Harry Potter. Muggles.

I live in the UK :P that is probably obvious and I hardly ever sleep, it's 3:12am and I'm up at 6. Alas!

Edited by Autumn Cohen, 25 July 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#64 OFFLINE   Tallulah Brimstone

Tallulah Brimstone

Loki Alumna

• Adult
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationAt work -_-
  • Wand Type:Yew. Unicorn hair. 10 1/2 inches
  • Nickname(s):Tally
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Widowed

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:22 AM

Facts about me. Oh God, where to start...

- My name is Shelley
- I'm 24
- I am actually from Somerset
- I do have a younger sister who is 21
- Just finished studying Theatre with Community Practices at Falmouth University in Cornwall.
- I am in fact Lactose Intolerant. Didn't find that out till quite recently.
- Looking for a job at the moment which is scary.
- I'm five foot three
- Favourite colour is pink
- In a weird and somewhat complicated situation with my ex boyfriend
- I love sci-fi shows and CSI
- Would like to start up my own theatre company to inspire children to be more creative from 2-5 years
- I ramble and talk a lot
- And my parents divorced when I was 11

That's me in a nut shell.

#65 Guest_Amanda Riley_*

Guest_Amanda Riley_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Hmm, a bit about myself:

I've recently started my own preschool, and I'm loving it! It's HARD work though .. the business side of it overwhelms me. The teaching side of it comes naturally, as I've been an elementary school teacher & preschool teacher during the past ten years.

Umm. I think I'm a bit more Slytherin than Ravenclaw ... but my character can be Ravenclaw, that's okay! I do like Ravenclaw quite a bit. Luna Lovegood is one of my favorite characters.

Hmmm, what else. I love cats! I put up with dogs. lol Umm, I've been married two years, and haven't wanted to crucio my husband yet ... so that must be a good sign. :(

I love playing piano!

... my main online obsession is Second Life. It's the various Harry Potter role play sims in a 3d environment that make that place so addicting. There's no time to edit posts in live (online) RP though ... so that's the downside.

Yeah, that's me. Yay me! lol

#66 OFFLINE   Will Gryffin

Will Gryffin
  • Gryffindor 7th Year
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

~ My little family has started geocaching recently, and are always on the look-out for those evil muggles who may be spying.  Though walking is not the best thing for me right now till I get on meds.

GEOCACHING FROM AROUND THE WORLD!

#67 OFFLINE   Will Gryffin

Will Gryffin
  • Gryffindor 7th Year
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

Okay, I'll join in, too.

- My name is Will. Yes, I'm serious, but not that Sirius.
- I'm 22 years old.
- I live in Hawaii. I feel your envy.
- I'm a huge nerd/geek/dork, and the list for that is WAY too long.
- Although, I will say that I just found a new D&D group. :D
- As stated above, I also love geocaching, it's fun. My current goal is completing our local Presidents series.
- I get crazy nostalgic over anything of the 90's and my childhood, which has been jacked up in the past few weeks, on Teen Nick.
- I think I would be sorted into Gryffindor in real life, but the explanation for that is too great for this box. And kinda lame, heh.
- .....Yeah, I got nuthin else.

#68 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey
  • Portrait
  • 4124 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

Its sad when you realize that your addiction to HO has lasted longer than some of your rl realtionships

#69 Guest_Elisa-Beth MacKenzie_*

Guest_Elisa-Beth MacKenzie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hey. I'm Ellen,

- I'm 24 years young.
- I have a music degree...which has to be one of the most useless degrees ever.
- I'm a professional singer and also work in theatre admin. On top of that I've just landed my first professional acting role...very excited...that's the dream!
- I alternate my obsessions between Harry Potter and Doctor Who/Torchwood/Sarah Jane Adventures...Elisabeth Sladen was and still is my hero...and although Maggie Smith is creeping her way up to the top, she will never topple my Sarah Jane.
- I was just at Hogwarts today (Alnwick Castle) and met Dumbledore and Hagrid...I felt like a five year old...it was magical!!!
- I enjoy ice/figure skating
- I have a musical theatre gig on Saturday and I still don't know what I'm singing because I've been on this site a little too much this week...oops!

In which case...I should probably leave it at that...

#70 Guest_Everleigh James_*

Guest_Everleigh James_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

-My Real name is Lindsay
-I'm 21
-I have a 9 month son and he is very ornery!
-I have 3 cats, 1 dog, and 6 siblings =)
-My cats names are Cali, Spook, and Puddin
-My cats all weigh over 10 lbs making them bigger than my dog who is like 5
-Dogs name is Audrey
-And Finally I am trying to get 15 posts to get a character face lol

#71 OFFLINE   Tallulah Brimstone

Tallulah Brimstone

Loki Alumna

• Adult
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationAt work -_-
  • Wand Type:Yew. Unicorn hair. 10 1/2 inches
  • Nickname(s):Tally
  • Relationship Status:Widowed

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Hey. I'm Ellen,

- I'm 24 years young.
- I have a music degree...which has to be one of the most useless degrees ever.
- I'm a professional singer and also work in theatre admin. On top of that I've just landed my first professional acting role...very excited...that's the dream!

Where d'you study?? I got a theatre degree and can't find any jobs! Tips and suggestions?

#72 Guest_Elisa-Beth MacKenzie_*

Guest_Elisa-Beth MacKenzie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

I studied in Cardiff, UK, you? (It'll be easier if I know where you are to give advice) Feel free to PM me x

#73 Guest_Lila Holloway_*

Guest_Lila Holloway_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

*My name is Allison
*My friends call me Allie or Al
*I'm 30 right now though no one ever believes it & I love it!
*I live near Scranton PA (yes, where the Office is set but not filmed)
*I work for a radio station and have been on air for 11+ years
*I also am a DJ at a bar on the weekends
*I recently bought my first home and I love it!
*I have the best boyfriend in the world named Billy :P
*I have 2 cats, a gray tabby named Monster and a pastel torty named Paris
*I want to adopt a rescued Greyhound
*I went to culinary school for 2 years and was a chef for 6 years. I love to cook!
*I have no kids and not sure if I want any.
*I was born in Jersey (woot @ Erica!)
*I've traveled to 23 states and 8 foreign countries
*I am currently writing a novel and a cook book

#74 Guest_Lila Holloway_*

Guest_Lila Holloway_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

HAHAHA the Newark part cracked me up so much! And all of them are wanna-be's. I can't watch that garbage it makes me want to tear my eyes out! But I love going down the shore I practically live there during the summer. . .nothing like the jersey shore.

Uhm I guess I'll give a little info about myself . . .

- My name is Stephanie (Oh, no! Not another one. . .)
- I just recently turned 21
- I'm a born and bred Jersey girl. I'm extremely proud to be from Jersey despite all the stupid jokes everyone else makes about the state. . .haters. And no, I'd rather not pump my own gas. Kay thanks.
- I'm obnoxious as hell, am a horrible sailor mouth, sarcastic, but I swear I'm like nice once you get to know me.
- I used to work at a law firm in the city but am currently unemployed and collecting. . .so I get to enjoy my summer ,(finally after like 3 years), and now my schedule mostly consists on going to the gym, baking myself in the sun, partying, and spending most of my weekends dts (down the shore ;P)
- I'm entering my senior year of college and am majoring in Legal Studies. I have a long way to go because after I want to get into law school, so I'll be in school for a few more years. . .that or I'll marry a rich man- wishful thinking, wishful thinking ha!
- On that note I do not want to have kids or get married anytime soon. Let me stick to just going on dates and all that jazz; no commitments and you reap the perks of free stuff!
- I've been on HO for the last five years my anniversary is actual the day before my birthday, so I don't think I can ever forget. Cassandra is my first character I've ever made and she is and will forever be my favorite. I'm usually on hiatus and my activity is sporadic and doesn't last very long but I always come back here if only just to cure five minutes of boredom or go back down nostalgia road.
- No one knows I roleplay and I'll never tell anyone because I'm sorry peeps but when you think about it, it's freakin' weird. That said, I have had the privilege of getting to know some really great people who have become close friends of mine. Some have gone and unfortunately I've lost contact with but the ones I talk to on a daily basis you guys are pretty epic.

*dies* Dude I remember when I felt so old because you were still in HS when we became friends. NOW I FEEL REALLY OLD! Oh and BTW I am going DTS this Thurs- Sun so if you're in Seaside you should get in touch! loveyoukthxbye <3

#75 OFFLINE   Prof. Sorcha Maeve Tobin

Prof. Sorcha Maeve Tobin

Clawfiliate

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 1057 posts
  • Wand Type:10.75 Fir with Hippogriff Feather core

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

OK, here goes...

My real name is Anna
I'm over 30 years old.
My birthday is Nov 11....so this year it'll be 11/11/11. Yay me.
I grew up in New Jersey and proud of it.
I live in Philadelphia.
I have two parents, one sister, a brother in law, two nephews, and heaven only knows how many cousins.
My favorite color is green, second favorite color is purple.
I love to read and write.
I am a preschool music teacher and violin teacher and I play a multitude of instruments including but not limited to violin, viola, piano, clarinet, and recorder.
I am a competitive figure skater.
I love anything England, Ireland, or Scotland.
I can step-dance....a tiny bit.
I love science fiction and British comedy. I have this fantasy of putting the characters of Ever Decreasing Circles onto the Starship Voyager for a day.
I have one cat.
I love Harry Potter and HO. (Why would I be here otherwise?)
This is the first RPing website that I have ever been on.
I joined HO on May 2, 2009.
I have two characters. Kathryn Rae Ramsey is the other one.

That's about it! :P

Edited by Prof. Sorcha Maeve Tobin, 10 September 2011 - 10:44 AM.

#76 Guest_Isobelle Sophie Bettleton_*

Guest_Isobelle Sophie Bettleton_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:39 AM

Alright, I thought I'd tell you guys a bit more about myself. :)

- My real name is Rikke.

- I'm originally from Denmark. I grew up and lived there for 20 years, but is now living in England.

- No one in England can pronounce my real name, so people here just calls me Reggae, which is the closet thing to it.

- I was born on April the 30th 1989, which makes me 22 years old.

- I'm an aspiring author, but has yet to be published.

- I'm the youngest of three children, having an older brother and older sister.

- I'm obsessed with cooking, writing, theatre (and acting) and music.

- Currently, my favourite band is Two Door Cinema Club.

- I believe that the perfect date should be spontanious (totally misspelled that one - sorry!).

- I'm the proud mum of a kitten called Lord Vladimir He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Putin, but since all my friends has the habit of just calling him Vlad or Vladimir, I've started to call him that too (can you imagine if I called for him and everytime had to say "Lord Vladimir He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Putin?" - it'd be a nightmare!)

- I read... a lot. Most of my childhood was spent with my nose in a book.

- I'm very sociable.

- Weird fact is that about 60-75% of my friends are gay men. I'm the ultimate "[Censored by the Caretaker]-hag".

- I love fashion and spends too much time either window shopping, reading fashion magazines, actually shopping or looking at fashion on the internet.

- I'm the writer of probably the most unorganised blog in history, and I sometimes wonder why I've only got 6 followers to it - until I actually re-read it. You can take a look yourselves :) http://rikkekjoelsen.blogspot.com/

- I speak Danish, English and Sarcasm. Yes, I do believe there's such a language as sarcasm.

Okay, I can't think of anymore xD Hope that helped you to know a bit about me :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just remembered: Weird fact number two: I don't like chocolate and is not very fond of cakes and other sweets apart liqourice. :)

Edited by Isobelle Sophie Bettleton, 30 September 2011 - 02:50 AM.

#77 OFFLINE   Madame Annaleigh Nordstrom

Madame Annaleigh Nordstrom

Magical Minds Herbs and Creatures Teacher

• Magical Minds School Staff
  • Others: Adult
  • 648 posts
  • LocationClub Erised!
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Well, here we go!

-My real name is Amya.
-I'm 18 years of age as of September 14th (2011, that is!)!
-I attend Washington University in St. Louis, although I'm counting down the days until I go on my study abroad program to England :P
-My roommate is insane. And Vietnamese. And I can't pronounce her name (anyone Vietnamese out there? It's spelled Nguyet... I've lived with her for half a year now and I still don't know it!)
-I'm a reform Jew, although I never attend services :)
-I'm verrrrry liberal
-My Hebrew name is Dahlia, and I much prefer it to Amy.
-I have a younger brother named John.
-My friends are all annoyed with my Harry Potter obsession.
-My father was a weatherman... so obnoxious, because everyone around me would be like, "Yo Amy, waz the weatha gon be lyk tomorrow?"
-I'm just ridiculously obsessed with anything Harry Potter related, and my Post-Potter depression is not going away anytime soon.
-YES I LOVE LUNA LOVEGOOD.
-I RP as Luna Lovegood, Oliver Wood, Percy Weasley, and Arthur Weasley... although currently the only RP site I'm on is HO!
-I RP Luna Lovegood on four different sites.
-My go-to playby for everything is Karen Gillan :P (as you can tell... considering Annaleigh's playby is Karen xD.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='xD' />)
-I play Eliana Abravanel, Annaleigh Nordstrom, and Madame Eloise Marineau on HO.
-RP WITH ME!

Edited by Prof. Annaleigh Nordstrom, 16 March 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#78 OFFLINE   Prof. Dashel DeWitt

Prof. Dashel DeWitt
  • 1511 posts
  • LocationHogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  • Wand Type:9.5" English Oak with Dragon Heartstring
  • Nickname(s):Dash
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

*Dash pulls a dusty book from the top shelf, blows off the dust and opens it up. Title – ‘The dude behind the Dash’*The dude’s name is Stephanie John (oh wow, what a unique name)
He is 42 years old physically. (pushing 14 years in all other respects)
He is an Engineer (man, could this get any more exciting?)
He is happily married to the same woman for 18 years (This guy is a weirdo)
He has an 8 year old son. Light of his life and keeps him young. (slightly concerned his maturity level is being passed by said eight year old)
He loves Harry Potter. Got in on the Hogsmeade Express in 1999
He collected comic books until about eight years ago
He loves to play Sudoku
He enjoys many Wii games with his son.(wins 1 out of 10 times)
He is fascinated with words and language, but does not consider himself a writer.
Wife is a fantastic writer, but has a job that is currently more demanding time-wise.
He is fairly shy in the real world and was totally surprised at the appeal role playing had for him.
He likes to be helpful, lend an ear, and make others smile.(Here comes the sappy junk)
He is more amusing than has a muse. (that was dumb)
He is feeling relieved that the record is straight for anyone who really really wanted to know.
And really appreciates the creative, artistic, and committed peeps that run this site and are this site. (Everyone has been very nice to me. Thanks for the Out Of Character space)
*Dash closes the book and replaces it back up on the top shelf. He ponders how that was the dumbest book he had ever laid his eyes on. He leaves the room*

#79 OFFLINE   Prof. Liselle Beaulon

Prof. Liselle Beaulon

Divinations Professor; Seer, Tyr Affiliate

• 1293 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

Ok. Here I am. Dash is daring and inspiring and kind of awesome :check: ~ I am Beth. American-Canadian who had to move back to the USA.

~ I am in my thirties. That's as close as you get.

~ I am also a Ginger, though sometimes? Like, Convention Season I go Black with Blue highlights with a few other people. Why? Because we're bruised from the hours we put in.

~ Llamas -- you either get it, or you don't. Bwahahaa.

~ I like big cities. I am not a country girl. For those of you who know me, I spent one week experiencing the American Heartland in Tennessee and learned how to swagger, drink, wear cowboy boots and a hat, and tried to figure out how to speak with a Southern Drawl, but it just came out sounding strange with my French accent, which is diminishing day by day.

~ I now live in a small city, where the streets are lined intermittently with bars and churches. Wisconsin is full of cheese, cows and beer. What I'd give for Sortilege... (canadian maple whiskey)

~ I am a Libra. I believe fully in the imbalance of balance and that no matter how much I try to balance things, the more I do so the more out of balance they become. I am a serious balance person and ironically, I spend more time trying to balance my life than it would probably take to balance me out!!

~ I have my second degree Reiki attunement in the Usui / Hayashi / Takata school of thought. I received my first degree of Reiki in 2006 from the Montreal School of Reiki. I have every thought of continuing my studies, but want to feel like its time.

~ I try to live by the five Reiki principles that I've spent the last five years with but somedays it's harder than others because I honestly think some people just *don't get it* some days. But with Reiki you are always present, moving forward. So if you slip and want to strangle someone, it's ok ... just don't do the strangling. Anywho. They are: Just for today, I will let go of my worries. Just for today, I will give thanks for all my many blessings. Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing. Just for today, I will do my work honestly and with integrity. Just for today, I will let go of my anger.

~ I love hockey. Go Habs Go!! I am a Canadians fan and have had to purchase the NHL ticket to get my games. On Hockey Nights my Reiki goes out the window. If you're a Wings fan, let's rumble.

~ I am a believer in Family, True Love, Faith, Conviction, Spirituality, Chocolate, Medicating Humanity, Healing by Touch, Dragonboating and the Principles of Me (that is to say, that it really IS all about me... just kidding.)

~ I studied Psychiatry. Yes, I'll charge you if you want professional advice.

~ I like Role-Playing in general. White Wolf is my nitch as it were, and I used to run 100 to 300-person live-action role-playing events at gaming conventions like Gen Con (August, in Indy), Origins (Columbus, Ohio) and a few others. What does this mean? I make a bunch of characters, a million and one little story lines and give people a personality to play for three days and throw them up against plots.

~ This is my first Forum-based RP website. I was bored and found it, and was like "Huh, Harry Potter RP. I liked the books. The movies were awesome. Sign me up!" and now? I'm like... LOOOOOOVE it. Wish I'd found it years ago.

~ We have 5 cabins on a lake in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Now that I'm out of the city, I've spent at least one weekend a month there. It is as close to heaven as I can muster.

~ I am not married. I've been engaged twice, though. I hear that I'm "high maintenance" because I expect things like fidelity (I know, it's such a big thing to ask...), conditional love (love is conditional on the fact that you better not be a jerk.), and some personal space every now and then.

~ No kids. Don't know if I want them. I have god-babies, though.

~ I have a cat. Her name is Neph and she runs the house. If you google her name, you'll find this picture Nephetiri Rose . Even if you google'd my name, you wouldn't find me. Irony.
Well, that's about all for now.

Edited by Prof. Liselle Beaulon, 04 October 2011 - 01:11 AM.

#80 OFFLINE   Sapphire de Cruce

Sapphire de Cruce

Gryffindor Alumni; Animal Telepath

• Adult
  • 1971 posts
  • LocationHogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  • Wand Type:11" Willow with Unicorn Core
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:53 AM

Okay my turn:

*My name is Hilda, I'm born and bred South African.
*Even though my home language is Afrikaans, I am horrible at it and my mom has banned me from writing anything for her in it, seeing as all my friends and schools were English. My extended relatives were not all that keen on the fact that I went to English schools. We have issues.
* 29 years old
* Working at a university in admin
* Busy with part-time studies at night to get my Psychology and Human Resources degree
* Relationships? - Hell no! Takes too much time and effort. And I'm short of both of those right now.
*My children have 4 paws
*Hate anything with numbers and calculations, which really sucks since one of my core subjects is Statistics.
*I love all animals but especially horses and cats
*I have two cats, brother and sister, Nemo (pure white) & Tinkerbell (calico with an attitude to match)
*Have an older brother, but I swear I act older than him and I'm way more independent, love him nonetheless (but I do still want to wring his neck sometimes wink.gif )
*My biggest fear is spiders
*I love painting (abstracts), writing and music
*Born on the cusp of Aries and Taurus, which does cause some personality hassles
*What do I want to do when I finally get all my ducks in a row? A psychologist that specializes in animal assisted therapy

Edited by Sapphire Valkyrie, 18 October 2011 - 04:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users