Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

I Can't Log Into My Office!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Felicity Chase

Felicity Chase
  • Gryffindor 1st Year
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

The office won't let me log in. It says that I entered the wrong HO ID or password. I checked to see if I had the right ID, and I did.

I also changed my password 3 times and it still won't let me log in. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the website because I can log in just fine with my other character.

I checked the invalid registration list and I wasn't there, I'm not suddenly invalid.

I also emailed Prof. Shukurova because it said to contact my HOH.

Help!

Edited by Felicity Chase, 29 December 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   Felicity Chase

Felicity Chase
  • Gryffindor 1st Year
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

Ok, thanks

#3 OFFLINE   Yael Rhodes

Yael Rhodes

Persuasion, Loki Alumna

• Adult
  • 1212 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

Thank you I am getting the same problem with the office, for that last day.

#4 OFFLINE   Felicity Chase

Felicity Chase
  • Gryffindor 1st Year
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

Ok so I pmed him and he hasn't replyed yet but it hasn't been too long...

I think enrollment is open for about another week , so I hope it is fixed by then...I don't think there is any way to enroll in classes without the office?

#5 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

I am also having this same problem. At least I know I'm not the only one...

#6 OFFLINE   Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Founder of HO - Governor for Life

• Governor
  • Others: Head Professor
  • 2100 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Anyone that is having trouble logging in, and knows that their HOID and Password they're entering is correct has not validated their email. In order to activate your office account, you MUST validate your email. This means you'll need to check your email account you registered with for an email from HO with a link to validate your email. If its not in your inbox, then check the spam box.

#7 OFFLINE   Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

• Governor
  • 2100 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

If you still can't seem to find the email validation link. You may click here: to resend it:

http://hswcw.com/forget.php

#8 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

I've clicked the validation link sent in the email, but when I tried to log in it says that I haven't been activated.

#9 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

I have this problem with one of my student accounts. I got the validation email, it said success, but then when I log in it says that I'm not validated. So I resend the validation email, it says success again but still says I'm not validated when I try to log in. I've done it three times.

#10 OFFLINE   Felicity Chase

Felicity Chase
  • Gryffindor 1st Year
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

I resent the validation email twice and it said it was validated but when I tried to log in it said my account hadn't been validated and I needed to resend the email.

#11 OFFLINE   Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

• Governor
  • 2100 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

You may also not be able to access your account because once you validate your email, you are then required to be accepted by the Govs/HOHs. You can view your status by going here: http://www.hswcw.com...p?action=status

#12 OFFLINE   Melora MacKenna

Melora MacKenna
  • Banned
  • 1760 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

I would just like to point out that this isn't just affecting first years/new students. I am having this exact same problem with the system and am now a 2nd year. I've already registered for this term's classes and everything but still gives me the error (now, finally) of needing to be approved. Will we lose any of our office information (quills, points, class registration, etc) that was done before this approval?

#13 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

You may also not be able to access your account because once you validate your email, you are then required to be accepted by the Govs/HOHs. You can view your status by going here: http://www.hswcw.com...p?action=status

Yup, my student's name is on Step 2 of needing to be accepted by Gov/HOH. I never had this before. Thanks C, you rock!

#14 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Earlier, I was unable to log in to the Hogwarts Office correctly but after I followed your instructinos, and got the link sent to me again, it worked!I was able to finish my registration and it was completely fixed. Thank you so much for your time and patience Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau!

#15 OFFLINE   Athina Lemnos

Athina Lemnos

4th year

• Durmstrang Student
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

I have a problem with the email address that I registered with in with the office. What do I do?

#16 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2315 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

If you cannot log in, please do NOT retake the sorting quiz. I am sure this is an issue C can fix if you are patient.

C - I know of at least one person who can log in on her Professor but not her student, so this matter will need some investigation.

Edited by Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins, 03 January 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#17 OFFLINE   Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

• Governor
  • 2100 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

(1) We may have quite a few 2nd and possibly some 3rd years that this has affected. The reason is that a glitch was noticed that made it so that you didn't have to validate your email account, or even be accepted in order to use your office account. This meant that people with false emails, or other accounts that didn't meet the standards for names were allowed to enroll in classes and it ended up causing issues. So I corrected the glitch. Unfortunately some 2nd and 3rd years have been using their office account without it being activated or have their email validated.

(2) No ones account information will be affected through the validation process.

(3) If your email address is invalid or you don't have access to it, you'll need to PM me a new email so that you can go through the process again.

#18 OFFLINE   Prof. Rici Devlin

Prof. Rici Devlin
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • Others: Portrait
  • 25050 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

Some people were validated, or gets errors when trying to resend a validation email saying that they are already validated, but they still can't log in.

#19 OFFLINE   Athina Lemnos

Athina Lemnos

4th year

• Durmstrang Student
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

Waiting to be activated thanks everyone for your help!

#20 OFFLINE   Ruella Georfred

Ruella Georfred
  • Ravenclaw 4th Year
  • 1141 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

Oh i have the same problem too. but when i opened http://www.hswcw.com...p?action=status , it says that my account "Need to be activated by Governor or HOH" . Can't wait for it :jump: