Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

The Dock

4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Clarissa Vaughn

Clarissa Vaughn

Official Slytherin Alumna, Magical Reserve Tour Guide

• Magizoologist
  • Others: Adult
  • 174 posts
  • Location11, Diagon Alley Way, London, UK
  • Wand Type:Vine wood, phoenix feather, 10 1/2 inches
  • Nickname(s):Clary
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 08 February 2022 - 02:56 PM

GMqh03Z.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Andressa Somber

Andressa Somber

Castelobruxo/Durmstrang Transfer; Official Ravenclaw Alumna; Model

• Artist
  • 393 posts
  • Wand Type:BloodWood with Veela hair 12 inches
  • Nickname(s):Ressa

Posted 20 March 2023 - 07:45 AM

tag Ric

Her face had been plastered all over some new magazines. It shocked her when she walked in a populated area as well. Her picture being taken, just because she was out and about. She had always made sure that she had a smile on her face. It was always something different with the group of people that followed her. Which she wasn't so sure that they weren't now. She had made sure she went under cover. Sunglasses and different clothing that she could wear, and the fact that she didn't walk the same way as she normally done. Maybe there was someone else around that grabbed their attention. She let out a sigh thinking about it as she walked over to the house that was just around the corner.

She had just gotten done with meeting her best friend's girlfriend early that morning before her photoshoot for a new line. Meeting the girlfriend was interesting to say the least. Catching her coming out of Vann's room was also very funny. She couldn't help but giggle at the two. It was an interesting time for her. She was surely going to rag on her bestie when she got home. However, she was going to let them have some fun while she was gone. She totally understood wanting to have time with the other half. Her photoshoot hadn't been that bad. It was for the new spring collection, and she was loving some of the dresses. She might drop some money to get some herself. 

But that wasn't what excited her more. It was the fact that Ric had given her his address that last time that they had meet up. Which was at one of his gigs. He had done really well and to be honest, she was super proud of him. It seemed like he was getting everything that he wanted in life and honestly that was all that she had ever wanted for the guy. He was someone who she wanted to have everything he ever wanted. She was in the area anyways, so she thought that she might as well just drop by and see if he was home so they could chat a little bit. It was a little later than three when she showed up at the door and knocked on it. 

The weather was starting to get a little warmer at the moment. Spring was very much near and that was the time of year that she loved. It was just warm enough to wear loose clothing around the places. However, summer was her all-time favorite time. She would be able to break out the shorts and cute little tops. So, at the moment, she was in a pair of cut up jeans and a flowy white top. Her hair was down and naturally curly. 

It hadn't taken long for someone to come to the door and when she noticed that it was Ric, she couldn't help but smile and give him a hug. Okay, so it totally could be his brother but the way that he spoke to her, she was defiantly sure that it was Ric. She gave him a bright smile as he told her to come in. She followed him all the way out to the dock and her eyes went wide at the look of it. "Wow." she gushed out as she looked around. "You got a nice family home." she told him as she walked slightly behind him. Allowing him to lead the way. It had been a couple months since she had seen him and to say that she didn't miss him was an understatement. She flashed him a bright smile before she spoke. "How has your day been?" she questioned him curiously as she leant against the dock frame. 

• Alaric Vaughn likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

Vaughn Twins, Official Ravenclaw Alumnus, Wandless Magic, Musician, Songwriter, Animagus, Sundaze Lead Guitarist

• Artist
  • 1487 posts
  • Wand Type:Cherry, Dragon, 13 1/4", Quite Flexible
  • Nickname(s):Ric

Posted 02 April 2023 - 06:56 AM

Ric’s moping must come to an end. He refused to call it depression. No one can help him but himself. His life continued even after the band disbanded. Aside from band performance, Ric had been busy with his solo performances and even that had posed an issue with his bandmates before. And now that they’ve separated, he has plenty of time in his hands which is odd considering he used to have a very hectic schedule. Then, he realized there’s no time to mope around. There’s a very important question he needs to answer right now - should he form a new band or will it be better if he goes solo for now? Finding a group of people that can be in a band, work hard, make great music and get along is special. It’s hard to find a group of people like that and when he does, he knows it’s going to be amazing. He had that for a long time. It was the best.

He started a band in school that gave him memorable experiences which he was able to use after graduation. He formed another band. They worked super hard. The next he knew, they had a label, tours, guesting, they were pocketing a little bit of money. On top of that, they were his best friends in the world. It’s rewarding and so much fun to pursue something that I like. Needless to say, when the band began to split, it threw him for a loop. Big time. It felt like he was losing the best job he’d ever had and his best friends to boot. At times, it’s comparable to breaking up a long-term relationship.

That said, he made it through the past days..weeks, and he’s much wiser and better for it. He learned a lot from it - the good and the bad - and how to move on. His sole aim now is to do music professionally and share it to the world. His major take away from that experience is - despite losing the band, above all else, they remained his best friends. They are his best friends first and a band second.

The season is changing, the once cold weather slowly eases to Spring - one of his preferred weather and seasons. He remained in contact with his friends in school, especially his gang. One of them is Ressa too who'll never forget him after all this time. Ric remembered giving him his address the last they saw each other in France and just yesterday, she informed him that she would be in the vicinity today so they agreed to meet, he invited her to their family’s house as it’s nearby only. He prepared a small feast for the two and laid them at the dock. He was busy grilling fish, chicken and pork when their house elf informed him there’s someone waiting at the door. He left what he’s doing to their house elf and apparated to the front door to open it for Ressa.

She looked good as always. “Hi Ressa, glad you came by. Come on in!” He opened the door wider and let her in with a motion of his hand and a salute, in a playful manner. He returned the hug and even gave him a peck on the cheek. “Thank you. It’s been with the family since time immemorial.” Not an exaggeration, it stood the test of time and has already been subject to quite a few renovations. “I hope you’re starving, I prepared something for you.” He held her hand and apparated them to the dock where their house elf had just finished with their food. Ric also prepared veggie salad and beer. Opening one  bottle for her, he gave it to Ressa. “Here. Why don’t you take a seat as I prepare the table?” As he returned to check the food being cut into small pieces, he replied to her question, “I just lost my band.”

• Andressa Somber likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Andressa Somber

Andressa Somber

Castelobruxo/Durmstrang Transfer; Official Ravenclaw Alumna; Model

• Artist
  • 393 posts
  • Wand Type:BloodWood with Veela hair 12 inches
  • Nickname(s):Ressa

Posted 10 April 2023 - 12:17 PM

Ressa knew that something was off with Ric. She didn't know what, or even how she knew, maybe it was that was that he was holding himself at the moment as he stood at the door. However, she was more than a little worried about her friend that was standing in front of her. Everyone that she used to be around seemed to have a lot going on at the moment and some of them were having a hard time figuring thing out. He had been one of her closer friends in school, so she was willing to help him out the most. She gave him a cheerful smile as he hugged her back. Even giving her a small kiss on her cheek. She couldn't help but blush a little and shook her head. "Always the charmer." She grinned. She commented on the family house, and he began talking about it which made her listen contently, while nodding her head. It was nice to have a big family home. She had one but it was back in Brazil. Most of her family had bigger gatherings there. She didn't know who lived in it now. Maybe her aunt, but she wasn't all that sure. Maybe she would show him one day, get him out of the country and show him whenever he had writers block or something. She always had fun there. 

He had told her that he hoped that she was starving because he had made something for them, and she couldn't help but have a smile plastered on her face. She nodded her head as she hadn't had anything to eat for lunch, so she was ready for that much. "I am." she told him the smile never leaving her lips. "If you are making it, should I be worried?" She teased a little. She honestly couldn't help herself. It was something she had enjoyed doing with him. Teasing him. She was also trying to make him smile a little. It was then that he had grabbed her hand and apparated them to the dock. She got her balance and looked around. The water was calm, and it brought a little peace to the place. She grinned and then the smell hit her head on. She placed a hand on her belly and sighed happily. It smelled great. She would have to come over more often if he was going to be cooking like this. He would make a great husband, if he ever allowed himself to be in that kind of relationship. She shook her head. A waste is what that was. He was a lot like her. Playing people's hearts and things like that. Though, she thought that it went a little deeper than that with him. "You know you didn't have to go all out." she grinned, though she was pretty happy that he seemed to be doing this for her. It was nice to be around him once again. Everything about him made her a little calmer. Being around friends made her that way though. Familiar people. 

He handed her a beer, the grin never leaving her lips. "Thanks." She said to him as she moved to the table as she took a sip of it, watching him closely. What was going on in that head of his. He seemed to be a little out of it and that in itself was a little worry some for her. She had asked him how everything was going as she sat down at the table, and he had ended up telling her that he had lost his band. Her eyes widened as her mouth dropped as well. She sat the beer on the table in front of her and sat up a little more, giving her attention to him fully. That was a lot. He had worked so hard, getting himself where he was at the moment. He and his bad seemed to have been doing really well, not there was nothing. something didn't sit right with her. What happened that made them spilt. "Really?" She questioned back at him a little quietly. "I'm sorry to hear that Ric." She told him as she folded her arms on the table. "Are you all still on talking terms?" she couldn't help but feel bad for him, but she knew that things could only go up from here. He was to good for him to slip down anything farther. 

"Are you planning on going solo or finding more bandmates?" She found herself asking a little more, if not for just being curious. Or was he planning on laying low for a little while. Ressa wanted the best for him, whatever he wanted she was going to back him up one hundred percent. Just like she had when she was in school. She watched his back a little wanting him to turn around to look at her, but she didn't know what was really going on through his head at the moment. He was a good friend to her, and she wanted to make sure that everything was good with him. Hell, she would even go as far as to say that she would do just about anything for him, no matter the cost. She had to wonder if he knew that or not. Her head titled a little as he checked up on their food. This was a lot. She couldn't help but be a little curious about what she would do if something like that happened to her in her field. If she lost the ability to model at the moment, then she would never be able to do it again. It was hard enough to get going as it was. 

• Alaric Vaughn likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

Vaughn Twins, Official Ravenclaw Alumnus, Wandless Magic, Musician, Songwriter, Animagus, Sundaze Lead Guitarist

• Artist
  • 1487 posts
  • Wand Type:Cherry, Dragon, 13 1/4", Quite Flexible
  • Nickname(s):Ric

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:44 AM

“I won’t be Alaric if I can’t charm anyone.” Ric chuckled as he opened the door fully to let Ressa inside their house. He’s the only one there now, all his siblings went back to their respected countries of residence which is not Ireland anymore. They still meet occasionally, especially when their parents or his only sister will go back home. It became some sort of requirement from Clary to demand all their time whenever she’s available. Being the only girl in the family, even Ric felt obliged to go home. These days though, since this is the band's base of operation, he can be seen regularly in their ancestral home and with Jeff taking a break from his world tour, he stays there too. Today, his brother was called by his band mates to have some fun at the city’s famous pub. So the house is basically empty, aside from him and Ressa.

He’d been busy preparing the feast for Ressa’ arrival and was in the process of grilling the meat and some vegetables which their house elf is managing now that they have their guests. “You are just on time.” Her reaction to his cooking had him laughing louder, “No, I’m not the only one cooking, our house elf here…” he motioned toward the house elf once they apparated to the dock. “Has been helping me with the marinate.” Between him and his twin brother, it was surprisingly Alec who’s a good cook and Alaric is the assigned taste tester. It was their bonding moment. Ric knows how to cook too, they both learned it from their grandmother, he was just naturally lazy. “You are my guest, how can I not go all out? I want you to enjoy your time here. Consider it a little break from all your modeling stint. How do you find our place?” He spread his arms, showing her the lake, the boat and the dock. “This is my favorite part of the house - the lake surrounding our house. We go boating a lot to go to the next town or to simply soak in the sun.”

If Ressa was observing him, Ric wasn’t really that oblivious. He can feel it in his very skin, the way she was looking and watching his every move. Even while a student, Ressa doesn’t shy away from it, nor was he. It was easy to tell her he lost his band mates and so was the band which he built with his close friends. “Yeah I feel sorry for myself and for them too, for wasting such a good opportunity to become a famous band. Did you know we’re in the process of making our first album? Then all this happened?” He opened his bottle of beer and took a long gulp. For a few days now, he was drowning himself in sorrow and the only thing he could think of was drink a lot and sometimes, he would allow himself to write when inspiration hits, which is very rare with his state right now. “I haven’t talked to him for a few days now. We’re giving each other some space. I don’t think I’m ready to talk to them just yet.”

Her question is interesting. “I have been asking myself that too.” Even before this fiasco, he already got solo gigs and offers but his band had always been his priority. “I think I will, for now. We’re in contract for our first album, I’ll see if I can finish it solo. And maybe, when everything settles, I will build my own new band again. I mean how hard can it be, right?” He did it two times now, one while in school and second, after his graduation. A third one wouldn’t hurt. Their house elf put the grilled meat and corn and veggies on the table so Ric led Ressa to it. “Come on, let's eat.” He gave her the plate and put meat and corn on hers. “What are you up to these days?”

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users