Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Kitchen

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Roisin Doyle

Roisin Doyle

Clairsentient, Animagus, Puff Alumni, Beater for Ireland's National Quidditch Team

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Adult, Celebrity
  • 18660 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade, Holyhead, Paris, & Kenmare
  • Wand Type:10" Willow with Dragon Heartstring, springy
  • Nickname(s):Rosi
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Divorced

Posted 17 January 2022 - 07:08 AM

wall-morris-design-new-england-style-hou

Vaulted ceilings with sky lights, bright white aesthetic, and clean cut countertops.

This is a calm oasis for any meal.

#2 OFFLINE   Roisin Doyle

Roisin Doyle

Clairsentient, Animagus, Puff Alumni, Beater for Ireland's National Quidditch Team

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 18660 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 07:22 PM

There were few things in life that were more enjoyable than a refreshing shower after a lengthy run or workout. Roisin had enjoyed the peace of her run only to happen upon a neighbor she hadn't expected - Hunter. While she'd been incredibly interested in seeing his house, she'd declined his invitation for a drink in lieu of cleaning up. She was wrapped in the fluffiest robe and slippers, her hair still wet and tucked into a towel atop her head. Her face was shiny in places she had applied some moisturizer, which was drying, and she had a fresh sheen of unscented lotion on her exposed shins. It was pure bliss.

Before Rosi knew it, nearly an hour had passed. She'd barely achieved anything and realized that Hunter would be stopping by any minute for lunch, as she had invited him. Rosi had the most loyal of house elves that traveled with her no matter which house she stayed in. He was working in the kitchen on preparing their meal, so Rosi was afforded the opportunity to throw on some clothes and tie back her hair, which was still damp.

"Thanks, Scooter," she said to the house elf as she'd walked back into the kitchen. The aroma of food was filling the home, making her stomach tighten with hunger. "You're the best," she added lovingly. "Scooter thanks you," the house elf said. The two had been with one another a long, long time, and Scooter was basically one of her best friends despite being an elf. He didn't usually prepare meals for her, as that was the responsibility of one of the elves that lived at her estate in Hogsmeade, but this was a special circumstance. His food was going to be great regardless. Rosi leaned against the counter, watching the stew bubble on the stove.

• Hunter Bennett likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Hunter Bennett

Hunter Bennett

Keeper of the Republic of Ireland National Team, Salem Alumni, Animagus, Lycan Telepathy, Celebrity

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 593 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Wand Type:12" Larch wood with dragon heartstrings, Slightly Yielding
  • Nickname(s):Hunter
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 04 January 2023 - 12:29 AM

After talking to Roisin, Hunter went back to his house to take a much needed bath. He spent half an hour in the bathroom, relaxing his muscles in a warm shower. Once he’s done, he becomes busy discussing and giving instructions to the people who were doing the construction of the kitchen and the trophy room. He was also checking if everything is as discussed. Purchasing a new house and the construction and finalizing some details take a lot of time and effort. It includes stress, time, budget and patience, not everything will be followed as planned.

Being mindful of the time, Hunter went to his wine cellar quickly to get something for Roisin. It’s embarrassing to go there without bringing anything with him. She’s an acquaintance and no longer a stranger to him. They’ve been to a lot of matches together and encountered each other at some special events and occasions. To put it simply, their world is too small to ignore each other. He picked one of his favorite wines and then finally headed out to Roisin’s house. 

Hunter chose to wear something casual and comfortable. He didn’t bother combing his hair, giving him a messy look. Arriving at the gate, he waited for someone to let him in, wine in hand. From where he’s standing, he could easily see how beautiful her house is. All the houses in that street are huge with vast lands surrounding the entire area, giving them extra space for huge gardens and courtyards.

Edited by Hunter Bennett, 04 January 2023 - 12:29 AM.

• Roisin Doyle likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Roisin Doyle

Roisin Doyle

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 18660 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 08:00 AM

As Scooter set about the kitchen to finish preparing the lunch and readied the nearby table with place settings, Roisin walked through the open space and tidied up a bit. She wasn't an overtly messy person, but she'd discarded a few things here and there and wanted the house to look presentable enough for a guest. That meant she needed to tuck her running shoes away and close some of the books she'd left open on the coffee table while she'd been studying up the previous evening. 

Just as Rosi stacked the books neatly, she heard the chime of the gate. Rosi switched a mechanical lever that opened the gate so that Hunter could walk onto the property and allow him access to the front of the home. At the sound of a knock on the door, Scooter wanted to dash to answer it, but she insisted that she would get it while he finished in the kitchen. Ever the grateful elf, he thanked her, and Rosi walked at a semi-casual, yet quick enough pace, to answer the door. It would have been frustrating if anyone other than Hunter was standing on the other side because that would have put a major kink in their lunch plans. Fortunately, when she swung it open, it was Hunter and no one else. He was holding a bottle of wine and looking refreshed, a mirror of how she felt herself.

"Come on in!" she said joyfully, stepping aside and then shutting the door behind him. "Lunch should be on the table in a few minutes. Follow me this way," she said, walking toward the kitchen. They arrived to find Scooter placing bowls of beef stew on the table, alongside a basket of freshly baked bread. Empty goblets stood on each placemat and utensils were lined neatly on cloth napkins. "Scooter, this is Hunter. Hunter, Scooter. He's the best. Thank you for the meal," she said to the elf, who seemed overwhelmed with joy. It didn't matter how many years they'd been together and how many years Roisin had treated him with such fondness and respect, Scooter always had that reaction and it was totally endearing. "I see you've brought wine. That should pair nicely with lunch. I hope you like stew. It's a local recipe."

• Hunter Bennett likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Hunter Bennett

Hunter Bennett

Keeper of the Republic of Ireland National Team, Salem Alumni, Animagus, Lycan Telepathy, Celebrity

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 593 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Wand Type:12" Larch wood with dragon heartstrings, Slightly Yielding
  • Nickname(s):Hunter
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:48 PM

(Sorry! Let’s continue this? If you don’t mind)

Hunter heard a click and then the huge gate automatically opened for him. He took his time walking towards the house, merely enjoying the nice landscape of her land. Just like his, Roisin got a huge space too, with a beautiful garden and courtyard. It was kept clean and organized, he could tell. She probably has a lot of helpers or house elves for this matter. He reminded himself to get a gardener who will maintain his garden too because if it’s just him, he can’t do it alone. With a demanding schedule like his, it’s just not possible.

Finally reaching the front door, he knocked on the door and waited for someone to let him in. As the door opened and revealed it was Roisin, Hunter grinned at her as he raised the bottle of wine. “I know it’s just lunch time but I thought we could have this too.” She let him in and so he followed right behind her. He immediately appreciated the interior. “I like the interior of your house, did you hire an Interior Decorator or did you do all these yourself? I’m still debating whether I should get one myself just to help with my house’s interior design. I’m not really the best person to be managing that.” If it’s just him, he will leave it to someone who knows it better than him and he will just pay the right amount. As simple as that.

Coming to the kitchen, Hunter noticed a house elf was placing food on the table already together with freshly baked bread, he could smell it. He sniffed the air in appreciation. "That smells nice. Did you bake that yourself?” He asked Roisin although his gaze fell on the house elf too, he had a feeling it’s probably the two who helped each other cook it. Speaking of, the house elf was introduced to him as Scooter. “Nice to meet you Scooter. Thanks for the food, I like the smell, I bet the taste would be just as amazing.” He joined Roisin and gave her the wine bottle, nodding. “Yes, I like stew. I love cooking too. I prefer home-cooked meals rather than ordering outside. That is if I have time to actually cook. You know how crazy schedules can be.”

• Roisin Doyle likes this

#6 OFFLINE   Roisin Doyle

Roisin Doyle

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 18660 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 07:25 PM

Roisin's home, all of her homes actually, was well maintained. It would be surprising to any visitor to learn that she didn't stay in the house consistently. With multiple properties to her name, Rosi liked to spread her time between them. But mostly, when the Quidditch season was at it's peak, she wasn't at any of her homes at all. On the contrary, much of her life was spent on the go. And if her Quidditch career wasn't enough, being an author and publishing her books, then promoting them, added to the agenda. It was no wonder that she hardly ever got to sit back and relax. She hadn't expected this lifestyle for herself when she first entered the field, and while she didn't regret taking this route, sometimes she did wish she could just breathe.

That was why, when Hunter came for a meal, she was relieved to be able to do just that. It didn't seem like something she would need to feel stressed over. There was no reason to put on a performance, not that she'd ever been that type anyway. But it was just different. 

She smiled kindly when Hunter complimented her home and took a glance around as well, as if seeing it for the first time. "I'd like to take claim for it, but someone else did the decorating. I haven't really gotten around to adding my own touch," she admitted with a slide of her smile downward a bit. "My place in Hogsmeade is the most me," she added. It had been her first property, after all, so she'd had plenty of time over the years. Yet when she and her ex-husband had been going through turmoil, they'd renovated. Some of the decisions during that project had been fueled by lost emotion. Maybe it would need another facelift soon.

Roisin laughed abruptly when Hunter asked if she'd baked the bread. "Hell no," she said with a shake of her hand and a gesture toward Scooter. "I'm not really a baker. Scooter did it all... like I said... he's the best," she said and tossed her house elf a genuine and warm smile. It warmed her heart to have him at her side through everything. That being said, she did sometimes wonder if he was overworked and if she should hire on a few more staff, but he never complained. And she didn't want him to think she wasn't happy with his work. 

While Hunter explained the reason for bringing the wine, Scooter fetched glasses as quickly and quietly as a whisper. By the time the two adults were seated for their meal, everything was in place. "Thank you, Scooter," she said to him, reaching out to touch his cheek fondly. He began bumbling on about how blessed he was in his little elf voice before scurrying away to clean the kitchen and tidy the home as he whispered his blessings continuously. 

"I can't go very long without food. I feel like I am constantly eating. I guess burning as many calories as we do, it's normal, but even before... when I was a kid..." Rosi laughed and began stirring her stew with her spoon before scooping a hearty amount up and blowing some of the steam off. "Bon appetit!" she said with a small lift of her spoon as if in cheers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users