Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Tables

11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Advanced Studies Professor, Career Counselor, Thespian Society Moderator, Wandless Magic & Occlumency, Animagus

• Governor
  • Others: Adult, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors, Slytherin Affiliate
  • 1752 posts
  • Wand Type:Hornbeam, Manticore Hair, 11 3/4 inches, Surprisingly Swishy
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 21 December 2021 - 06:09 PM

Xvr0VKX.jpg?1

#2 OFFLINE   Francis Lancaster

Francis Lancaster

Official Slytherin Alumnus, Travel Blogger, Omnilingualism, Wandless Magic

• Journalist
  • Others: Adult
  • 381 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Wand Type:10" Holly wood, and lime green fwooper feather
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 15 May 2022 - 07:49 PM

There was a lot to discover when it came to the UK. Francis realized this the moment he decided to venture into a town; Kenmare. He wasn't being an errand boy of his father this time around. Francis was here for his own purpose which was to jot down the beauties this city has, perhaps look into the local publishing and pick some brains. He had done quite a few travel blogs for his street-savvy magazine which had gone viral in the wizarding world where people were demanding frequent releases. Despite their demands, he stuck to his once in a two week as it got people to actively seek more. Purely marketing strategy. You never gave much of what they crave or the flavor died down. This time, his local spot for the feature would be Kenmare, a beautiful town he recently discovered, along with one of the best dining spots; Pier 46. It was early in the evening when he came in, seeking out the beautiful ambience, the warm shades of light and perfect music for the setting. The view of the pier made it a perfect dining, as well as a writing spot for Francis' as his brain cells worked best when he was sitting in a luxuriously comfortable setting that was aesthetically pleasing for his eyes. Pulling out his note and iPad, he started fixing the pictures, while humming to himself.

[tag; talya]

• Talya Peretz likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Talya Peretz

Talya Peretz

Official Hufflepuff Alumna

• Journalist
  • 383 posts
  • LocationTel Aviv, Israel
  • Wand Type:11 1/2”, Australian Blackwood, Kelpie Hair
  • Nickname(s):Tali

Posted 18 May 2022 - 05:22 PM

Getting a permanent place in Kenmare Manuscript granted her not only a good pay but an opportunity to climb the ladder in the future when it comes to achieving her dreams. Talya took it the moment she was offered without putting much thought into it. She has wanted this the day she started interning in the place because everything about the publication office is so good. It’s well known not only in this particular wizarding town but also the others around UK, writing in it has a large scope, the environment is great and friendly and they are not bound to office hours which means the only thing she has to worry about is delivering on her due date. As long as she was not tied to a desk job, Talya’s mind flew freely and she delivers amazing work.

Whenever she is struggling with muse, she always goes to the beach. The roaring winds, crashing waves against the shore and birds chirping brings a sense of peace to her putting her mind at ease and the public around the beach always gives her an interesting angle to the story. That day she was out at the beach when it started to drizzle so the only option she has is to go to the Pier 46 restaurant. It works for her as the place is crowded and she gets to observe people and come up with something interesting. The issue with crowded place is there are little to no seats left except for one by the window where a young gentleman is already seated. Talya hesitates but when the waiter, Chris tells her that is the best table she can get if she prefers silence, she approaches him. “Hello. Mind if I share the spot? I’ll be silent as a grave.” Talya waited patiently. The man looked familiar. She doesn’t know from where but she is sure she has seen him somewhere.
  • Francis Lancaster likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Francis Lancaster

Francis Lancaster

Official Slytherin Alumnus, Travel Blogger, Omnilingualism, Wandless Magic

• Journalist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Wand Type:10" Holly wood, and lime green fwooper feather

Posted 26 July 2022 - 04:25 PM

Francis was not paying much attention to his surroundings so it didn't click when the place became crowded for him until he was called to attention by a voice. Looking up, he quickly realized that the person was a young girl, of graduate age? Or even younger than that. She wanted to share his space and that made him look around, only to realize that everywhere else was already filled. Whoa.. it wasn't as full when he arrived, was it? But then it has been a few hours since he is sitting here, one coffee after another and champagne to go with it. Francis turned his attention back to the girl and smiled playfully. "Sure... but please don't be as silent as a grave. That'll be quite troublesome for me." He chuckled and held out his hand signaling her to go ahead. "You look familiar," Francis added, unable to help it. She did look like someone he's seen before but where? It wasn't ringing so he decided to just ask her.

Edited by Francis Lancaster, 26 July 2022 - 04:25 PM.

• Talya Peretz likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Talya Peretz

Talya Peretz

Official Hufflepuff Alumna

• Journalist
  • 383 posts
  • LocationTel Aviv, Israel
  • Wand Type:11 1/2”, Australian Blackwood, Kelpie Hair
  • Nickname(s):Tali

Posted 09 August 2022 - 06:51 PM

It’s an odd phrase to use but at that moment it is the only one she can think about. So when he asked her not to be silent as a grave, Talya blushed hard and it has got nothing to do with the good looking man - yes he is gorgeous, extremely gorgeous if she might add. Think of it, the idiom if gone in depths states a dead person. Neither was she hoping to face such circumstances so early in life nor was she capable of being that silent.

“Sorry, that is certainly not what I meant but I am warning you. You might get irked by saying that.” Talya could talk - actually talk. She talked so much that people openly begged her to shut up. What can she do? She loved talking.

“I don’t know. Do you work in Kenmare? If so, I am a resident here or we might have gone to the same school. I graduated from Hogwarts less than a year back.” she chatted, picking out a notepad and quill from her bag and waved at the man on the counter. “Dylan. May I get a coffee please?” and got a mock salute in response - a confirmation of her order.

#6 OFFLINE   Sophira Ashlyn

Sophira Ashlyn
  • Ravenclaw 3rd Year
  • Others: Hinkypunk
  • 223 posts
  • Wand Type:Pear wood with a unicorn hair core, 10" slightly yielding flexibility
  • Nickname(s):Sophie, Ash
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 28 August 2022 - 05:33 PM

New RP W/Phineas 

Sophira had been so busy with summer school, she barely had anytime to go out and do anything. As the term came to an end and she was happy that she pasted and is about to go into her third year of school, she decided she wanted to treat herself. Sophira loves some good sea food and she had heard about this awesome restaurant on the Pier in Kenmare. Sophira packed up a small bag, to take with her. Mainly just to carry some books to read, since it'll just be her. 

Once she arrived, she got seated at a table by the window, which she loved. The beautiful scenery, watching the river flowing. Too bad its to cold to go swimming in, she thought. Sophira gazed out the window just admiring the scene well she waited for her food to come out.

#7 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

Daughter of Flora Lych & Fred Weasley II, 1/8 veela, Animagus, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Astronomer at the National Observatory, Wandless Magic

• Astronomer
  • 5831 posts
  • LocationTinworth
  • Nickname(s):Jas, Jelly Bean, Jazzy
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 10 February 2023 - 01:53 AM

Tag; Kyle

Things were finally settled down after the chaotic rush that the holidays had been. Her year was off to a good start. She'd just returned from her trip to Bali with Violet the week prior, so she was sporting a tan that definitely looked uncharacteristic for someone existing in the dreary winter weather of the UK. Work was still steadily going well, though she'd had a lot to catch up with after being gone on vacation. But by the time she left the observatory on Friday, she was in good standing. From there, she apparated directly to Ireland. Niccolo was working late today, having some article deadlines to content with. His time at the Prophet would be coming to an end soon as he transitioned over to photography full-time, and she knew he was just trying to tie up all loose ends before his departure. She didn't feel like cooking for herself tonight, so this had spelled out the perfect opportunity to pay a certain someone's restaurant a visit.

The sun was sinking lower on the horizon in Kenmare as the afternoon transitioned into evening. Jasmine, still in her work clothes, which consisted of some smart checkered pants with a white blouse, topped with her long, beige pea coat. Her workbag was slung onto her shoulder as she walked down the street. She'd very scarcely been to Kenmare before, but she'd been sure to ask Niccolo where the restaurant was by owl earlier in the day. The instructions had been simple enough. It was on the waterfront, which explained the name of the place. The sign was visible from a little distance, and the brunette picked up the pace until she reached the entrance. She was struck by now nice the place looked upon entering. It had a certain amount of class to it, which did feel fitting for someone like Kyle, who was easily the most composed of the Dorks. Jasmine stopped in front of the hostess station, waiting for someone to come along to seat her. She could see a good few patrons at the tables already, enjoying their early dinners.

• Kyle Archer likes this

#8 OFFLINE   Kyle Archer

Kyle Archer

Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Owner of Pier 46 (Kenmare)

• Shopkeeper
  • 2790 posts
  • Wand Type:13 3/4" Pine, Sphinx Mane Hair, Surprisingly Swishy

Posted 25 March 2023 - 01:04 AM

If you asked Kyle, when he was five, where he would be in fifteen years? You can be sure he'd have gotten the wrong answer. He never saw himself as a restauranteur or even a businessman of any kind. But here we are and this was what life was like at the moment: him at the restaurant day in and day out, supervising damn near everything. No one can say that he's not a hands-on boss, as he's always around for especially the most hectic days… although he was lucky since today's pretty good. It's a Friday rush sure, but it was not as nuts as he anticipated (or at least, not yet). Still, Kyle wants nothing more than grab a book, curl up like a cat on his reading chair and call it a day; unfortunately, that's not in the cards and he's got a rather long evening ahead.

He straightened his shirt as he'd left the systematic chaos that was the restaurant kitchen and then went to check out the dining area, walking absently toward the waiting area as his gaze scanned the space. The place was slowly filling up, which gave him a mixed sense of pleasure and stress; and, when he'd turned toward the podium, his gaze landed on a familiar person and a smile automatically lit up his whole face as a sense of nostalgia hit him all of a sudden. "Jazz? Is that you?" he called in greeting, his voice soft with awe, and blinked. "Whoa, you look… like you've been somewhere warm," Kyle chuckled at his own meagre conclusion. Well, she was so tanned that she looks so out of place in the cosy winter backdrop of Ireland. It's a good look on her, though. "It's good to see you er, come right through," he said, waving her over as his gaze momentarily flickered on the people behind that were waiting still. He gestured for another staff member to attend to them now. "Welcome, by the way. Table for… one?" he said as he glanced back at her and then paused, eyebrows furrowed. It looked like she was alone… which he was personally not expecting on a night such as this one.

• Jasmine Weasley likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

Daughter of Flora Lych & Fred Weasley II, 1/8 veela, Animagus, Official Ravenclaw Alumna, Astronomer at the National Observatory, Wandless Magic

• Astronomer
  • 5831 posts
  • LocationTinworth

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:07 PM

Jasmine figured someone would be along to assist her soon enough. Though in the back of her head, she did wonder if you were simply meant to seat yourself, and this wasn't that formal of a place. She decided three minutes would be her magic number. If nobody showed up by then, then she'd simply wander over to an empty table and see if anyone said anything. She'd barely been standing there thirty seconds when a figure approached, and Jasmine's lips stretched into a warm smile. "Kyle! I'd hoped I'd get to see you here. Niccolo assured me you were practically always here." He had a very hands-on approach to running his restaurant, according to Niccolo. The other commented on her tan, and Jasmine glanced down at herself with a soft laugh. "An astute observation. I've just gotten back from Bali. Violet and I were there for a few days." A twin bonding trip, if you will, though that genuinely was the truth of it. It had been an opportunity to mend their relationship and iron out many of the remaining wrinkles. She'd just happened to get some sun while doing that. Her sister was looking much the same, and she was sure she was getting similar comments from her teammates. "It's a bit jarring to come back to this," she said, motioning to the weather outside. "But I'm glad to be home."

Jasmine cast another glance around and nodded. "I wanted to come see the place for myself and try the food. It's a really lovely spot. How have you been liking the restauranteur life so far?" She suspected it was quite hectic, but if anyone could manage it, it was Kyle. He asked if she needed a table for one, and she nodded again. "Yes, please. I'm flying solo tonight; Niccolo's tied up at the Prophet until later. He would have loved to come say hi too." But there would always be another opportunity for him to do so.

Edited by Jasmine Weasley, 25 April 2023 - 10:38 PM.

• Kyle Archer likes this

#10 OFFLINE   Kyle Archer

Kyle Archer

• Shopkeeper
  • 2790 posts

Posted 22 April 2023 - 12:00 PM

Kyle was… surprised, though he really didn't think he should be since he already realised that he was bound to end up running into familiar people. The guys drop in on a semi-regular basis, of course, but he supposed he never expected that this girl in particular would be visiting alone; he'd even unconsciously searched for any sign of his pal nearby. But Jasmine speaking of Niccolo as though he weren't here was enough of an answer. "He's not wrong," he replied to what she said, laughing softly. "I'm here so much I've got half a mind to give up lease on my apartment, live in this place and be around full-time even." Kyle was absolutely kidding… mostly. There's a part of him which consistently thought he should do exactly that but he'd talked himself out every time, so yeah. It's not completely unfeasible since the upstairs part of the establishment is liveable—except they've got some thoughts on what to do about that space already. Meanwhile, Jasmine shared that she's been on holiday somewhere. "Bali, eh? The Island of the Gods. Sounds like a dream," said him with a wistful smile which twitched up at the corners in amusement when she told him what it was like returning. "It must be such a drag, coming back. But I'm sure Niccolo's more than thrilled that you did," he chuckled.

Then she told him she wanted to see the place herself, try out food. "Yeah, no pressure or anything," he mumbled, shaking his head, then answered her question. "It's definitely something different. I hadn't seen myself ending up in this profession, that was for sure, not that I'm complaining. It's a good fit so far—not to mention, profitable. I was never made for anything simple or easy so the whole hustle and bustle works pretty well for me… even though I practically collapse in bed at the end of most days," Kyle shrugged. It was a bit of an exaggeration albeit a slight one, but many of the people he's spoken to assured him it gets better after sometime. Jasmine confirmed that she wants a table for one, which had him pausing. "Alone on a Friday night? I hadn't been expecting that," he replied teasingly, chuckling good-naturedly. "Regardless, you're in luck. I'll show you to my favourite table," said him and led her over to a cosy, quiet corner that was a fair distance away from most other patrons, right beside a glass wall that looks out toward the pier and the open water beyond. "Here you are—and it has a perfect view of the sky as well," he smiled. "I'll go and grab you a menu… but er, are you planning on getting a takeaway for Niccolo? Because I'll have the kitchen prepare his usual order."

• Jasmine Weasley likes this

#11 OFFLINE   Jasmine Weasley

Jasmine Weasley

• Astronomer
  • 5831 posts
  • LocationTinworth

Posted 26 April 2023 - 03:05 AM

Jasmine glanced upward, where she knew there was a space of sorts, up on the second floor. "I'm surprised you haven't, honestly. Living so close by would make it incredibly easy to get to and from work every day. But I can also see why you wouldn't. Living just above the restaurant would make it hard to shut off for the night. To disconnect from the job and just relax." He'd always be in work mode whether he liked it or not. "Do you think you'll ever rent out the space up there?" she asked, pointing upward. Niccolo had told her of the living area, but hadn't mentioned any plans of doing anything with it. It just sat empty at the moment, from her understanding. Jasmine smiled, thinking back to her days spent on the beach as she nodded. "It was a beautiful place. Lush. Definitely somewhere I'd go back to someday if I had some spare funds." But she had many places yet to cross off on her bucket list, so she likely wouldn't be getting back to it anytime soon. She laughed softly as Kyle brought up Niccolo. "He was. I missed him, too, while I was gone, even though I was usually too busy to dwell on it much. I figured he probably came here a few times during my absence. Between the three of you, I know he'd never be lonely for too long. But eventually I'll drag him along on another trip, that way he won't have to miss out." They'd already been to Italy during the holidays, so it was just a matter of saving up again until they could scrounge up the cash to escape somewhere else for a bit.

Jasmine hadn't been expecting this of Kyle either. Honestly, she'd have sooner thought he'd join her and Sammie at the observatory. But it didn't seem like the other was regretting his decision. "I'm glad the leap of faith is paying off, even if you have to work hard for it. I hope you aren't working yourself to the bone and take breaks sometimes." It wasn't really a job that ever stopped, so the only way he would find reprieve was if he handed off tasks to his staff. Surely they'd be capable, especially if they'd been working there a while. She supposed it would be weird to see her out and about without Niccolo trailing along, but she did have a life outside of him. Despite the fact that they lived together, she did plenty of stuff alone. This was one of them, though had he been available, Niccolo would have indeed been here. Jasmine followed Kyle over to a table overlooking the bay. "Thank you. I really came at the right time, didn't I? That sunset's stunning." She could see why he favoured this spot. At the mention of Niccolo, the corner of her lips quirked up. "I suppose I could be generous and bring him back some food..." she said in jest. "Whatever his usual is, just prep it in a takeaway bag, please." Merlin knows when he'd end up getting home tonight, but she knew for a fact he would scarcely be in the mood to fix himself something. Knowing him, he'd resort to his trusted bowl of cereal.

#12 OFFLINE   Kyle Archer

Kyle Archer

• Shopkeeper
  • 2790 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:38 AM

SPRING TERM 2024 INTERNSHIP – CAL TURKEL

Kenmare Bay was quite a busy area any time of the day. In the mornings, the pier was bustling with people out for early runs or various fitness pursuits; they are replaced by people running errands in the afternoon, and in the evening? You've got the people who seek to unwind or have a good time—which is his primary target market. But a good businessman possessed keen eyes for profitable opportunities and that's why, even though he's running a restaurant that generally catered to a nightlife crowd, Pier 46 was open by ten in the morning. And Kyle was typically in by eight-thirty… nine-thirty at the very latest. It was Tuesday which is one of the more relaxed days so he'd figured that was good day to schedule a meeting with his apprentice. The notion made him smile as he recalled his own time as one himself. It hadn't been all that long ago yet it made him realise how much he's already done and how well things are now.

But anyway, he made arrangements for a breakfast meeting which he'd hoped the student was okay with as he'd thought it would feel like a more comfortable setup. He was casually dressed in layers as the weather still kinda veered a little more on the chilly side. In the meantime, Kyle was sitting down with a cup of coffee at one of the dining tables next to a glass window that provide a lovely view of the river. He was taking advantage of the quiet time prior to opening and was going through his planner, starting his work day as he usually did: by creating a task list.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users