Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2022 VirteQ

Photo

Derrycunnihy Falls

7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Director of Public Works, Advanced Studies Professor, Career Counselor, Thespian Society Moderator, Wandless Magic & Occlumency, Animagus

• Governor
  • Others: Adult, Camp Counselor, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors, Slytherin Affiliate
  • 1374 posts
  • Wand Type:Hornbeam, Manticore Hair, 11 3/4 inches, Surprisingly Swishy
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 21 December 2021 - 05:06 PM

glCZmci.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Kairav Joseph

Kairav Joseph

Son of Tyler Joseph & Lily Potter-Joseph, Joseph Twin; Quidditch Team Reserve

• Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • Others: Grindylow
  • 298 posts
  • LocationHolyhead
  • Wand Type:12 1/4”, Alder Wood, Phoenix Feather & Crup Tail Core, Flexible
  • Nickname(s):Kai
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 06 June 2022 - 06:35 PM

Kairav strolled into the Reenagross Woodland Park where his father dropped him before walking to the building opposite where his quidditch meeting was held. With school of for summer break and entire three weeks to go for the summer camp, Kai made sure his father stayed true to his promise of taking him to his practice if he was able to do well in his classes. Always wanting to witness how practice is conducted, Kai gave his best. Studies came effortlessly to him but he put effort as well just so he can travel to Ireland and watch him practice everyday, even helping the team players if needed. Kairav has always been passionate about flying, prior to starting at Hogwarts but it has always been Naira who got the chance to visit, enticing jealousy from within him. He was lowkey glad when she enrolled into Magical Minds as it meant her traveling and visiting practice field reduced, leaving an opening for him to take over. They were staying at a hotel in Kenmare, Kai waking up early to visit the practice fields early at dawn and returning late afternoon after dinner. During evenings, he will go and look for houses with his father as he is considering buying a house there.

It’s his second last day in Kenmare before they fly back home. His father has an important quidditch meeting which Kai cannot attend so he’s left at the park for an hour until it’s done. Using this opportunity, he started walking deeper into the park pausing by the various statues, picking up on the conversations of people around him as they told their kids about the statue or discussed their life problems among each other. The max Kai stayed there is for 5-10 minutes until he gets bored and keeps on moving. It was the waterfall that made him halt - the view was beautiful straight out of a drawing. What surprised him further was that there is not a soul around, none that comes across his peripheral as he steps closer to have a better look debating whether he discovered a hidden site. It’s not possible - a beautiful place such as this should have visitors.

Tag: Audrey
  • Audrey Callaghan likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Audrey Callaghan

Audrey Callaghan
  • Ravenclaw 2nd Year
  • Others: Phoenix
  • 419 posts
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood

Posted 09 June 2022 - 02:36 AM

The fabulous Callaghan family refused to push any plans for Summer vacation. Audrey had no alternative except to visit the dull, dried parks of the Kenmare town. Her sister's cafe wasn't lustreless. It was almost always busy due to the relaxing interior and easy going staff. Besides, Aimee was too frank with the customers. The youngest Callaghan neither bears the tolerance or will to stare at the exchanges. The blonde slipped a few freshly prepared pastries into a box with some fries in magical foil that retained the crunchiness of the food. When asked, the blonde indicated toward the house, letting her sister assume that she was heading back. Instead, her footsteps guided Callaghan towards the park. The area was greener than she expected. The leaves remained pleasantly alive. She respired the warm fresh air, hopping her way through the static old trees towards the fall. She has known about various spectators' interest blooming in the archaeological survey due to that park. The girl bears no curiosity for that field. She has yet to uncover the subject she may aspire to create her career in future. Upon walking through the uneven trail, she could hear the loud noise of water hitting against the firm flat pebbles beneath. Slightly ruffled to notice someone, she decided to involve herself in a few exchanges with the boy of her age. A familiar face appeared in her view."If you glance at the fall for long, it may engulf you. Legend says that."Her tone was mocking, surprised to catch him there. His father was a Kenmare Player and, that must explain Kai's visit. The legend was undoubtedly fictional. It was crafted by Callaghan a few seconds back. "You aren't planning to dive?" She smirked, lifting one of her brows.
  • Kairav Joseph likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Kairav Joseph

Kairav Joseph

• Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • 298 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 21 June 2022 - 01:33 PM

His first impression of the Irish town was of the stunning nature that surrounded it. Kairav was an outdoorsy person and for him, there was nothing more beautiful than thick fruit green trees and a frothy cascade of water thick like curtains falling in unison on the ground only to splatter in various directions as they hit the rock. Kairav enjoyed such views and one would always find him in the fruitful heaven of greenery whenever he wanted some time to himself. Hogwarts provided several such landscapes and so did Holyhead so there was no lack of nature around Kairav. His mind was in a battle of its own as he debated to himself if it was better was such nature to stay hidden or appreciated by the crowd when a voice cut through, speaking of some legend. Kai blinked back to the present, turning his attention to a familiar blonde - Audrey Callaghan. They might not have interacted during their first year but he remembered faces that struck him and she was one of them. He has observed her in many of their classes - the girl spoke facts as they came, mouthing off the first thing that comes to her mind without taking anyone’s feelings into account. At times he wondered if someone could be as blunt as her or did she speak up with the intent of hurting other’s emotions but as far as he can tell, the blonde was an unfiltered intellect. Kairav had not understood until that moment how curiously he has studied her and smirked. It was nice to have basic knowledge of his intruders and he is proud of his observation skills.

“That’s nature for you, and perhaps I want to be engulfed.” He responded with a shrug, turning back to the waterfall considering her next words. Did he want to dive? He wouldn’t mind. Kairav is a water freak - it is his element and his favorite pastime. “I might. Why? Do you want to join?” He asked with a smirk on his face.

#5 OFFLINE   Audrey Callaghan

Audrey Callaghan
  • Ravenclaw 2nd Year
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 July 2022 - 11:42 AM

Audrey wouldn't be startled if Kairav wouldn't recognize her as they barely spoke to one another inside the classroom but somehow how she heard him communicate with other students around her. The arrogance slipped off his personality like water dripping off the body. He was almost always sarcastic around people, much like her. Aud had to roll her eyes when he mentioned getting engulfed. "Wise words from Saint Kairav Joseph." Aud dropped her shoulder, peeking down to stare at the fall. "You don't seem too stupid to dive down the fall. But, eh, who knows, you can always amaze me." She lifted her shoulders nonchalantly. The ever-idgaf Aud was manipulating a guy out of hopping into the fall. "I know you are like, meh! I can conquer the rest of the world, and I am a proud, impulsive Gryffindor, but please save me from taking you St. Mungos. Or my home." Her family may get furious that she acted like a brat by not inviting a classmate. She unpacked the foil that retained the crunch of the fries and offered it to Kairav. "This may help you regain your mind and consciousness." Sarcasm aside, Callaghan wasn't the girl to not share her meal. It wasn't like she couldn't tiptoe into the kitchen of The Morrigans and relish the snacks. Aud was even maybe advertising their cafe. If he may like the fries, he would presumably end up visiting their cafe shop. The way he spoke made her feel he would get along well with Aimee. "Well, I am a good swimmer and a diver." The height of the fall was not as high to lend her any injury. Plus it was Audrey. she weighed her options before selecting them. "But I am hungry, now." She took off her sneakers and sat at the edge of the water, dipping her toes into it. 

#6 OFFLINE   Kairav Joseph

Kairav Joseph

• Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • 298 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 08 July 2022 - 10:11 PM

If Audrey thought her words can provoke him, he very well knew how to keep him calm. Kairav wasn’t only a scorpio by birth sign - he was also one by nature. He knew when to keep his calm, when to react and cannot be easily provoked. So when the blonde tried to entangle him in her words, bravery did not turn stupidity in his case. “For a Ravenclaw, you are quite dumb, Callaghan.” He turned with a smile on his face that didn’t quite reach his eyes. Kai studied her from where he stood and slowly walked up to the girl, coming to a halt very close and lowered so he can whisper in her ear. “If you want to take me home, all you need to do is ask.” There was no need to suggest the latter but she did which means there is motivation. He would be a fair Ravenclaw, eh?

“My guess is you don’t have any friends and you’d like me to come home to show your family that you’re not as lonely as they think you are? Can’t think of any other reason,” he added thoughtfully, shrugging it off. Who cares whatever her motivation is. He won’t mind going her home - if that’s what she wants. Kai is bored on his own when his father isn’t around. None of his friends live in Kenmare and hanging with his father gets boring when all the old man wants to do is look for houses or practice quidditch. This way he will have something else to do.

He took the fries she offered, eating in one go and smirked at her words. “I’ve got all wits gathered, no need to worry about me but it so happens I’m bored and it’s summer - who doesn’t like a good dip in water.” Audrey can call it stupidity or whatever she likes but he planned on taking a dive before she arrived. Kairav enjoys swimming and the water was inviting him. Swimming under the waterfall is his favourite activity during summer but too bad there aren’t many waterfalls in Holyhead. Walking close to the edge, the boy stared at the water with a satisfied smile and whipped off his shirt swiftly, throwing it over a rock. The shirtless Kai stood there, turning to face the blonde in his perfectly toned body for a twelve year old and raised his eyebrows in amusement. “I’ll believe it when I see it. Enjoy your food,” And with that, he dove into the water, taking a dive. It was smooth - Kai has always been into sports. They live close to the beach so he’s always swimming when the weather temperatures are appropriate.

Fulfilling his wish, Joseph swam close to the waterfalls, admiring the flow from a close distant - its beautiful. The way the water flows in heaps. The force is more powerful than he’s seen while showering and so is the thickness of water. He forgot the audience he left on the rocks and enjoyed a nice bath, exploring his surroundings. When he had enough of the nature, Kai remembered Audrey. Did she leave? He’s been there for a while so she probably left but if she was still around, maybe he can coax her to get in the water. It was on his way back when something under water caused a piercing pain in his knee and he huffed loudly. “Damnit! What the f-“ Kai squeezed his eyes shut as the needle pricking pain did not leave. He didn’t have to see the cut to know it was bad - he can see from the surface a series of red that is releasing where his knee is located. Somehow, Kairav reached the edge and pulled himself up revealing a large cut on his knee. The moment he heaved himself away from the water, blood dripped from the cut on his knee and he winced - it’s a large slice, presumably from a rock edge. There is no other explanation and it hurts like hell. Kairav feels as if someone has taken a shard of glass and sliced it over his knees. He is doing everything he can to not yell out in pain but the redness in his eyes is enough evidence of the pain he is in.

#7 OFFLINE   Audrey Callaghan

Audrey Callaghan
  • Ravenclaw 2nd Year
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 01:23 PM

Audrey glared at Kairav. She did not attempt to hide her anger because neither did she want to associate herself with him nor harboured any intention of gaining any of his favours. Contrary to what she considered, he knew her name and the house. "Your outlandish fantasies will never come true." She reacted very calmly. He wanted to pick up the fight, and Audrey was not in the spirit of having one. Callaghan's posture visibly straightened as he walked closer to her. She would hit him if he attempted to hug her, but instead, his words tickled her ear while her brain attempted to comprehend his words. "If I wanted to take you home, I would have kicked your knee, slipped you a sleeping potion and dragged you home. You are in a luck, I don't find myself doing that." Her smile carried no innocence. Her eyes confidently bore into his while she comfortably shielded her trouble from expressing through them.

Audrey mockingly chortled at Kairav's assumption. A side of her craved to toss her sandal at him, while the saner version mandated a more practical and less hasty way of handling him. "I have a friend. Although, I will prefer to have no one vouching for me." She lived a self-engaging, thrilling life before attending Hogwarts, and she may continue to relish it even with the scarcity of having them. "It takes a courageous person to listen to their flaws and faults. Understandably, only fewer possess such bravery or wit to withstand it." She folded her arms and straightened her back. She lifted her chin as if the blonde wore a crown. She did not deny his assumptions as it was true to some extent.

Kairav surprisingly took her fries. His determination for satisfying his palate appeared to be greater than her insults that may be wounding him. Her grandmother once told the blonde Callaghan that anger should never be a barrier between food and a witch. "It is advisable to bathe in the water during summer but not near the fall unless you are an expert." She offered him a tight smile and sighed, drooping her shoulder and shaking her head as if she could foresee the guy in trouble. "The weight of the falling water may interfere with the body movement." One doesn't need to be a physicist to understand that logic. Yet, it appeared that none of her words could affect the rock-solid decision that second-year Gryffindor made. He took his shirt off, and Audrey was the one to avert her gaze away from him. "You should be watchful of the audience." She hinted while endeavouring to get comfortable with the sight gracing her eyes. He turned his head while replying. The doubt she carried about Kai and Aimee getting along began to vanish. "I don't need to prove my talent to anyone unless you will offer me a reputable job." She raised her hand that carried the fries and munched them happily. "Since you can't, enjoy your injury." Yep, that was the last warning before her eyes witnessed his dive, which appeared to be surprisingly good. Aud edged closer to the rocky end, watching him swim and enjoy the scenery. She may admit that he seemed less shallow than a few moments ago. She sat on the dry platform, her leg dangled down as it wiggled alternatively in the air. She was almost finished with the left fries as her eyes hinted at something. There was a wrong feeling about the whole situation. 

Aud approached Kai in a hurry. The smell of the blood approached her earlier than its sight. She covered her nose to prevent the bout of content coming out of her stomach. It was ineffective as Callaghan turned her head and threw up. Only if any adult wizard lingered by, she may have risked using her wand without a doubt of ministry catching her action. "That smells and looks horrible." To her astonishment, he wasn't wailing. Or it appeared that he attempted to put a brave act in front of Callaghan so his reputation won't get tarnished. She took a handful of water and used it to clean her mouth so it wouldn't stink. She slipped the napkin out and lightly shoved it against his knee so the pressure may stop the blood from flowing out further. "I am going to tie this against your knee." Since he was brave, it was not like he would cry. "Then I'll take you home." She announced, sighing. The bleeding was so serious that the treatment may require a wand.

#8 OFFLINE   Kairav Joseph

Kairav Joseph

• Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • 298 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 13 August 2022 - 08:28 PM

Kairav neither wanted to fight nor did he have any fantasies. All he was doing, or thought he was doing was wording out the feelings her mouth held back. He is prepared for the defensive attitude, which came instantly, a slew of hypothetical actions to coerce him to her house were shared with him. Kai’s amused gaze returned her not-so-innocent one, a smug smile forming on his face. “My fantasies or yours?” he retorted back, taking a step closer. “You think you are capable of doing all that? Have you seen your size, you tiny little baby?” A chuckle escaped his lips. “I know girls like you - you aren’t the type to get dirty via physical violence so you use your sharp tongue as a weapon to cause harm so personally, you aren’t capable of doing anything of this sort.” It explained why she is a Ravenclaw - they are brainy while the Gryffindors prefer to be brawny and easily engage in physical violence. Kai appeared to be mansplaining his judgement of her but he knows he’s only stated facts. While they were strangers to each other, he has observed her well enough to note how she chose her terms that easily cut through the other like a knife. Of course, he was an exception to this case as Kai did not let himself get affected by those who he hardly knew or mattered.

Talking about friends - everyone has one, even him the devil child did so Audrey having one does not surprise him. Albeit, he wonders how they tolerate her judgmental lectures, because they are close to driving him insane, and he says this, after knowing her for less than ten minutes. “One should talk about wit if they possess any - you clearly don’t. As for being courageous to admit flaws? Honey I will need them to begin with. I have none - what is there to admit?” Kai believes he is perfect in every way - he’s got everything he needs; money, a good lifestyle, a handsome face, a sharp mind and a loving family. He’s perfect - there are no flaws.

Anything that was created out of potatoes was Kai’s weakness so when offered, he didn’t shy away from taking it. Besides, he personally believes food is a blessing and when given or offered, the blessing shouldn’t be denied - it was bad karma. After two bites, the Gryffindor went back to doing what he was here for: swimming near the falls. Audrey’s words were ignored while he stripped down to his swim trunks, the excitement returning from earlier. If his father gets a house in this land, Kai will visit and bathe here everyday! He was in time to cast a look in his direction to witness the averting eyes from his bare torso, causing him to smirk. “I would be if I wasn’t enjoying this far too damn much. Is that a red spot on your cheek, Callaghan? If I’m not wrong, it’s called blushing - girls often do it when they come across an irresistible personality.” Purposely, Kairav drew close to her and poked her cheek, leaving no opportunity to tease her. Aud stated she didn’t want to prove anything unless he offered a reputable job, giving him an opportunity to probe her further with teasing. “I can offer anything you like, sweety. All you need to do is tell me what it is that you desire from me?” he winked at her, his tone flirtatious. Sure, Kairav is twelve - almost thirteen if he takes into account the few months left but his awareness of girls started a while back, paying attention to their looks and quirks. Duh, he won’t ever admit out in the open unless he is trying to woo them - which is unlikely to happen anytime soon but there are times where flirtation comes to him unexpectedly and this moment is the prime example. Not waiting for her response, he walked back to the edge and dove.

Water - Kai’s comfort place. Whenever he is feeling under the weather he goes swimming, a habit the twins share. He can spend hours in water by himself. When they were three, his parents coerced the twins into swimming. They also live close to the beach, so it’s like second nature to him. When he dived, he forgot about everyone, including his Dumbwit companion who sits on the bench. He swam underwater, floated on his back peacefully while staring at the blue sky and bathed under the falls. The feeling was heavenly and things ran smoothly until he plunged towards the shallow waters to head back to the surface and got in contact with the rock. Kairav was instantly greeted with piercing pain and tears well up in his eyes but he did all that he could to contain the howl that hung on the tip of his tongue. It was too much and he momentarily forget about Audrey’s presence until she threw up. Distracted, the Gryffindor looked at her, concern flitting in his eyes. He was about to warn her to stay away since she can’t handle the sight of blood, as it seemed, but was lost for words when she walked up to inspect his injury and nursed his wound with a napkin. Kai can only stare at her, trying to come up with the right thing to say but he ends up teasing her. “Finally your dream is coming true, huh. You manifested this.” hiss.. [/b] “Damn Callaghan, if I had known I’ll be attacked by a cruel rock over rejecting you, I would have thought twice.”[/b] Kai lacks the term modest in his vocabulary but in his defense, he is lighting up the mood and hoping the little banter will help him forget the hurt. You’d think he’ll know better than to joke while suffering but Kai knows none other. Besides, is he really going to her house? It will be awkward to the T and he avoided such circumstances so here’s hoping his teasing changes her mind, even if it means she’ll leave him to fend for himself. Kai needs her help so it’ll be a bummer but he is also too prideful to admit and believes he can figure it out himself, even if his hisses and winces say otherwise.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users