Aurora Astin's Extended Character Profile
© Kyle Archer
Character name: Aurora Yvaine Astin
- Aurora is the Roman goddess who rules over sunrises
- Yvaine is a Scottish name which means "evening star"
- Astin means "starlike" and has originated from France
Character age: Seventeen
Species: Light Fairy
Total years attending the school: 1
Social status: Upper Middle Class
Sexual orientation: Pansexual
School year: Junior
Favourite class: Human Behaviorisms and Physics
Least favourite class: Advanced Civics
Would-be Hogwarts house: Hufflepuff
Hair colour: Golden blonde
- 'Ariana Grande' ponytail
- Usually flat-ironed
- Straight as a pin
- Has complete heterochromia
- Right eye is blue, left eye is green
- Turns gold with excessive power use
- Expressive and bold
- Depends on her mood
- Can be sort of a hippie
- Loves wearing dresses
- Mint-green sneakers ftw
Piercings or tattoos:
- Double piercings on both earlobes and one on the auricle of both ears
- Glow-in-the-dark tattoo on her right shoulder of the constellation Gemini
- Could be vain sometimes
- Easy-going and whimsical
- Manic pixie dream girl vibe
- Excellent sense of humor
- Uber-smart but super lazy
- Experimenting with the spectrum
- Trying out funky makeup trends
- Has a passion for photography
- Heavy rock music
- Her astigmatism
- Bouts of migraine
- Feeling helpless
- Horror movies
- Godiva truffles are key to her heart
- Has a thin mint cookies obsession
- Loves anything matcha-flavored
Romantic Relationship to other characters: N/A
Genetic Relationship to other characters: N/A
Relevant Relationship to other characters:
- Childhood best friends with Eira Cináed [Aina Keller]
- Close friends with Rhys Theron [Lars Svensson]
- Will be close friends with Vesta McCoy [Ariadne Gladstone]
(open to all sorts of relationships!)
Mother: Nova Astin
Father: David Astin
Other family members: N/A
Overall character history:
- The Astins are one of the oldest families of light fairies, said to derive power off the stars in the sky.
- The name 'Aurora' represents the sunrise which the period of time when she was born, and symbolized hope which is what her arrival has come to mean for her parents after that tragic sudden loss of her father's eyesight. The not-so-popular reason why she was given this name was because of the 'Aurora Borealis.' Her parents had apparently ended up putting on quite a spectacular 'lights show' when she was (ahem) conceived.
- She grew up with Eira Cináed, they are best friends and are thick as thieves.
- Her greatest fear is ending up blind, like what happened with her dad.
- Her secret hobby is playing the violin, stimulates her ability and creativity
- Aurora was seven when she was diagnosed with astigmatism so she has prescription eyeglasses but didn't like wearing it. She mainly puts it on when her astigmatism is acting up or when she's doing plenty of reading.
- Later on, at ten, she had her very first episode of ocular migraine and it was completely debilitating and weakening. Aurora described the experience as a explosion of light. Or a kaleidoscope on steroids.
- Has an extremely vivid imagination so horror movies and ghost stories may or may not drive her nuts.
- Favors Human Behaviorisms and Physics since both deals with a huge aspect of light magic that she liked. Human Behaviorisms, beyond helping with her people skills, teach her plenty of tricks in visualization, particularly in fine-tuning 'mirages' and making them more realistic while physics deals with the spectrum which she loved toying with. She usually took inspiration from prism experiments of Isaac Newton.
- Aurora started her studies under a fairy-exclusive school but she found the curriculum so restrictive.
- Transferred to Ravensward a year ago. Rhys Theron was her very first friend who showed her around. They often train with each other and he's a great help in her goal of mastering Illusion.
Light Fairy Power
- Light manipulation is her speciality and she had demonstrated extraordinary skill in it ever since she was a kid (mainly because she loved rainbows and playing with the colors of it).
- Strongest whenever she draws power off starlight (especially the sun, which is the largest star).
- Got no problem with moonlight or firelight but they're not as powerful
- Can see in the dark but case-to-case basis, ability not so consistent
- Through controlling light, she can manipulate shadows and reflections to an extent.
- Illusion is something she wanna master as she can use it to communicate with her now-blind father.
- Her astigmatism messes with her ability to control light sometimes
- Ocular migraine weakens her and it affects her worse than it affects a regular person
Edited by Bethany Bott, 23 October 2021 - 02:16 AM.