Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Tables #3

11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Advanced Studies Professor, Career Counselor, Thespian Society Moderator, Wandless Magic & Occlumency, Animagus

• Governor
  • Others: Adult, Camp Counselor, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors, Slytherin Affiliate
  • 1752 posts
  • Wand Type:Hornbeam, Manticore Hair, 11 3/4 inches, Surprisingly Swishy
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 07 September 2020 - 10:33 AM

arte-dining-interior.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

French Canon; Soleil Alumnus; Musician & Producer

• Artist
  • Others: Adult
  • 1011 posts
  • Wand Type:Long and magicky
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 10 October 2021 - 11:49 PM

Internship RP

Tag; Alaric Vaughn

Things were going well with his two interns, he would say. They were both stepping into their roles nicely, and taking some initiative to get some projects rolling. It was always a delight to see young minds at work. Nora had experience with him already and knew his workflow. She'd also mined plenty of knowledge from him during their summer together. It was inevitable that Alaric might do the same this time around. He seemed like a self-starter as well who would be wanting to make the most of this experience. The boy had requested to go over some things, so Eric had carved some time out just after their work days ended on that Friday to meet up and have a chat. After shutting down his work station and tidying up, he left the other a note to meet him down in the restaurant. His treat. They made some pretty spectacular food, but Eric would get Alaric whatever he wanted. Finding them an empty table, he ordered himself a green tea in the meantime. The waitress left, and Eric perused over the menu to see what he felt like snacking on. Every so often, he'd look up towards the entrance for any signs of the boy.

• Alaric Vaughn likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

Vaughn Twins, Official Ravenclaw Alumnus, Wandless Magic, Musician, Songwriter, Animagus, Sundaze Lead Guitarist

• Artist
  • 1495 posts
  • Wand Type:Cherry, Dragon, 13 1/4", Quite Flexible
  • Nickname(s):Ric
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:41 AM

[1]

Things are going well with his internship, and Ric never had this so much fun while working at the recording studio. He’d learned a lot from Eric in just short span of time, but he knew he wanted more. He wanted to know more, and it’s the reason why he requested a talk with Eric to discuss something in a more private manner. This is something he’d be at ease talking to him alone since it’s related to whatever plan he got in mind after graduation. Even though his mind is dead set with the path he wanted to take, that path won’t be easy, there will be few bumps along the way, and he wanted to get ready, just in case. What better way to achieve that than to talk to a more experienced guy and ask for his opinion on the things he’s worried or concerned about. The older guy, as expected, is always game and he agreed to meet with him and even invited him to meet at the restaurant. It’s a much better setting for him. Friday came and he went out of the recording studio, excusing himself from his partner to go meet Eric downstairs. As soon as he saw the guy, Ric smiled. “Hi Eric, thank you for agreeing to meet with me.” The other guy is currently checking the menu as he joined him by the table.

• Eric de Lapin likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

• Artist
  • 1011 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 07:23 PM

To any newcomer, it might be awfully comical how many creatives were crammed in one restaurant. But creatives worked weird hours, were stressed the hell out, and desperately needed nourishment, so this restaurant was a saving grace for a lot of them. An easy pitstop during a break, or to keep you from passing out before you tried making it home. Looking over the menu, he was feeling something greasy. Salads be damned. The waffle fries here were great, but were bumped up to divine status by the seasoning they generously sprinkled on them and the dipping sauce that came on the side. He'd eat a stalk of celery when he got home or whatever, but right now he was getting fries. As Eric set his menu down, Alaric was a few feet away from him. Man, he'd been really discreet with that entrance. "'Ello Alaric. Glad you could make it." The waiter wasn't anywhere in their vicinity yet, so the boy might have time to get an order together. The man motioned to the menu lying on the other side of the table. "Order whatever you want; it's on me." Ever since the career switch from performer to composer and lyricist, he hadn't been hurting for money. Treating his intern was the least he could do. From the side, he spotted a waitress coming with his green tea. "Thank you." He pulled it over to himself. "Did you need a few more minutes?" Eric glanced over at Alaric before nodding. "Yes, please." Once the woman had left, he turned his attention back to the boy. "You're enjoying your time here so far?"

#5 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

Vaughn Twins, Official Ravenclaw Alumnus, Wandless Magic, Musician, Songwriter, Animagus, Sundaze Lead Guitarist

• Artist
  • 1495 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 10:25 PM

[2]

Take this as his process of elimination. His internship is a great way to figure out what he is or isn’t interested in doing, as much as what he is. He wanted to offer help with tasks that interests him, even if that would mean staying late. Do whatever it takes to get as many hands-on experience as he can. He’s the type of guy who will not sit in a corner and watch others do their work. If anything, he would rather watch more closely and have them explain what they are doing and request to help. It will show them he’s someone whom they can depend on and not just another intern. He smiled to the man as he settled across from him. “You know I wouldn’t miss this for the world.” Ric was told to order whatever he wants, since he’s not that hungry yet, probably because of his excitement about this meeting, he checked for something light just as the waitress came to their table to give Eric’s order of drink. “Thank you.” Giving a quick nod, he checked the menu, already knowing which food he wanted, salmon, pickled beetroot and fennel salad. It’s free food, so why not? (teehee) Just as he closed the menu, Eric asked him if he’s enjoying his time here, to which he replied with an enthusiastic nod and added with, “I’ve already learned a lot in terms of music production. I’ve played around with original composition with Nora too. As for the place…” he looked around for effect, a small smile playing on his lips, “someday, I’d like to perform in this kind of venue.” Big words but it won’t hurt to have such high ambitions. Those weren’t empty words because he’s planning to do everything he can to reach that ladder of success. “I’m ready to order, when you are?” The waitress seemed to notice it and immediately approached their table table, “I’ll have the salmon and fennel salad please. And just water, thank you.” As for his main reason for having this private talk, Ric decided to dive right into the discussion. “Anyway, as I said, thank you meeting with me, as a music intern, I just want to know, or to learn more about the different areas of the music biz. You see, I’d like to be part of a band someday but I know it’s not easy to have that right away, so I don’t mind going solo for a while. Is there anything you can tell me that I need to know, any tips at all?”

#6 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

• Artist
  • 1011 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 07:35 PM

Eric gave a small chuckle. "I've found that nothing can motivate or excite a young person quite like free food." He knew the other might entirely be referring to the opportunity to get to speak with him, but let's be real here, free food was pretty great. The restaurant setting had been entirely coincidental, but as someone who had once been a young man himself, this seemed like a fitting way to treat an intern. As Alaric had a look through the menu, Eric poured his green tea into the provided cup before having a timid sip of the piping hot beverage. He knew better than to get impatient and burn his tongue on the stuff. Alaric noted he'd like to perform someplace nice like this some day, and the man set his cup back in its saucer. "In a restaurant? Admittedly, it's a good venue for testing songs out without fear of negative feedback. People are too focused on their food and chatter to take too much notice of you. It just depends if you're the kind of musician who feeds off of audience energy. In that case I'd propose a pub. Those can be a riot, if you pick the right one." Back in his gigging days, those were the sorts of venues he mostly played, aside from weddings. They were welcoming environments for an indie singer and his guitar. The waitress came back to take their order, and Eric couldn't help quirking a brow at the other's choice of dish, though he didn't mind. Now that he was no longer living paycheck to paycheck, he wasn't much of a cheapskate anymore. "Waffle fries for me, please. Extra seasoning." With that taken care of, the menus were taken away, and the two were alone once more. Alaric jumped right on the opportunity, asking for tips on breaking into the music scene. "By all means, join a band if that's what you desire. But if you're looking to make it solo, then the advice is mostly the same anyway. They key thing about this industry is that it doesn't matter how good you are, it's about who you know. You could be the best singer out there, but if you don't have anyone to vouch for you, you're going to have a rough time getting signed. Record label executives are very pragmatic about how they spend their coin, so they need to have the assurance that they're making a solid investment. Talk to people. Attend other people's gigs, chat them up after the show. Attend workshops, familiarize yourself with the industry professionals there. Make sure people know you, and make sure they remember you. A friend doesn't necessarily need to be in a high place to be of use. Because believe it or not, it's a pretty small world out here. Network, network, network." It should be quite obvious, but you'd be surprised how little many aspiring artists poured into this phase, thinking their talent would soar them right on through. Extroverts had the upper hand. 

#7 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

• Artist
  • 1495 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:23 AM

[3]

“Couldn’t agree more. Thank you, Eric.” He will not say no to free food and besides, he’s starving now, the smell reminded him of that. It would be nice to be engaged in a discussion while eating. And besides, the restaurant will not disappoint him, it’s not just some restaurant, it’s one of the known restaurants here in UK. This must be his lucky day then. “Not the restaurant…” he laughed, “The Tinsworth Centre, there is a theatre here, isn’t it?” It’s one of his dreams, to perform in huge venues. At the mention of pubs, he nodded, “I’ve attended summer job at a hotel in France, there, I was given the chance to perform and play the piano at the hotel’s lounge, entertain their guests. I also performed in a wedding reception. It’s a nice experience, met few known people which offered me good opportunity too.” Once both said their order, Ric started the discussion because this is going to take some time to discuss. He didn’t want to waste his precious time; he knew how busy the guy is all the time. They’re actually lucky he’s in UK for few days, good timing to manage his internship with Nora. According to the man, going solo or having his own band will have the same approach as far as advise is concerned. It doesn’t matter how good he is in music or playing instrument, he needed connection which is what he already guessed in the beginning. Eric just confirmed it for him. Ric nodded while listening. He’s also researching of any awards or milestones achieved by the artist or group. It goes without saying that he should take note of where and how the act started, the history of band members, and released song. “Understood. I noticed that too, connection is everything.” He will take it as a good start then. “How will I know where to start to get the connection I need? Should I also choose the place I’m performing?” Few more minutes their food came, Ric said his thanks to the waitress as he grabbed the fork. “if you don’t mind, what were some of your challenges when you’re just starting? What made you interested in music?”

#8 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

• Artist
  • 1011 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 07:38 PM

Eric chuckled softly. "Yes, there is a theatre in here. It's a decently-sized one too. Have you had the chance to sneak a peek in your time here?" By the nature of his question, it sounded like he hadn't, but this entire building was at his disposal. He wasn't here to peruse the art galleries or eat filet mignon, but nothing was preventing him from taking a detour before going home if it was of interest to him. Alaric elaborated on his time in France, playing weddings and occupying hotel lobbies. "I know many dream of playing big stadiums to crowds of thousands, but there's something quite nice about small, intimate crowds. No stress, very few people trying to control what you play and how you perform, and you just have the freedom to let it flow it out. Also much easier to get those kinds of gigs." They were attainable, which is why Eric had pretty much cruised at that level for the entirety of his performing career. He'd played a few big events and festivals, but he'd never made it big. Though technically that wasn't what made him pivot to songwriting and producing instead, even if he did appreciate having enough money now to no longer have to choose between paying his electricity bill or buying morning coffees. Eric took another careful sip of his tea. "You have connections already," he told the other. "You know Nora. You know me. And every person you bump into in the music corridor knows who you are. Connections don't necessarily mean being best friends with a platinum-selling artist. Sometimes a connection is being friends with someone who has yet to achieve stardom. Sometimes it's dating someone who's the third cousin of a singer's manager — though hopefully you aren't dating them because of that." People did all sorts of things in their desperate climb to the top. Eric loved music more than he loved fame, so he'd never been bothered to jump through the show pony hoops just to climb up a few extra rungs in the grand hierarchy of things. "As for performance venues... That's entirely up to you. Where you perform might depend on who you're trying to reach, what you're trying to accomplish. It depends on personal preference, and how much you're willing to put that comfort aside for the benefits it might yield. And people rarely mention this, but where you play also greatly depends on how badly you need money to stay afloat. You might get asked to play the dingiest little hole in the wall party, but if rent is due, then you'll find it very hard to say no." He gave a small laugh.

Eric noted his thanks to the waiter as the food was delivered. When asked about his challenges, he quirked a brow and set his drink down. "Getting gigs, honestly. Different types of gigs. Building up that renown and spreading my name around. Music has always been my livelihood, so as a young man, I knew how many gigs I needed to book each month in order to break even and maintain a roof over my head. So that pressure was always there, at the back of my mind. I'm not saying you'll be dirt-poor in the beginning like I was. I just decided to be stubborn as a young man and leave behind the nauseatingly rich lifestyle I was born into in favour of becoming a commoner." The man shook his head, a small smirk dancing on his lips. He didn't regret his decision. He hadn't spoken to any of his family members, save his sister and niece, in well over a decade, and he was all the happier for it. "In that same vein, I'm sure you've heard that rich people like teaching their kids a lot of artistic skills. Well my mother had me thoroughly trained in ballroom dancing, and on the guitar. It was supposed to be piano, but I convinced her to get me a guitar instead, though I did end up learning piano later of my own accord. It was always an escape for me. Something I could do within those big empty walls that transported me far away from them. A friend to keep me company," he explained. "It became evident pretty quickly that the whole school thing wasn't for me, and I wouldn't end up working at a desk someday. I'd done an internship as an Auror to appease my parents briefly, but music was really the only thing I could call myself truly good at. So it just made sense to continue pursuing it after my studying days were over. I know I made the right decision, because it's never lost that spark for me." He picked up a fry from his plate and bit the end off.

#9 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

• Artist
  • 1495 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 09:07 AM

[4]

Alaric grinned, “I’ve been planning to, I’m just waiting for Nora. We’ll go and visit the theatre.” He’s pretty excited about it, even on their first day but he controlled himself and focused on his internship for a week or so. He also noticed it’s always busy and full of people so even if he really wanted to peek, it’s not easy. But he promised himself he will do it one of these days. As Eric pointed out how it was nice to perform in a small crowd, Ric can only nod. “They’re more responsive and they focus more on your voice and your performance. At least that’s how I feel when I perform at that lounge. It was a very humbling experience that the hotel guests appreciated my number. I’ve received a decent amount of tips too.” Not to mention free drinks from some ladies, Ric almost grin at the memory but he held himself back, he didn’t want Eric to think he’s acting strange, or worse, weirdo. The guy explained about the connection he’s talking about and it’s not just the people who are already known in this industry, it can even be the common people he’s dealt with on a daily basis who has yet to achieve fame or celebrity status. He was drinking water when dating someone was mentioned, causing him to almost choke on his drink. Ric coughed and put his glass down to get the napkin on the table and wipe his lips clean. Now, he’s not sure if it’s proper thing to do to talk about Amber at this point in their conversation. He didn’t want him to think he’s using her, to be fair, he didn’t even know the connection until recently, after asking Amber about Eric one time. “Noted..all noted. I don’t think I can do that, using other people for my own gain. A little help would be appreciated of course, but not to the point of using those people. My conscience will not let me do that to be honest.” And besides, with the kind of guy Ric is, he’s got his own ego to deal with, normally, when he wants to achieve something, he wanted to do it his own way, on his own time and pace. He didn’t want to stress himself and he wanted to enjoy the journey even how slow it’s going to be.

He found himself chuckling at the things Eric shared about the performance venues. It made sense if he will look at it logically, but as far as where the money is concerned, it was never an issue for him while growing up, and even until now. His parents were filthy rich that sometimes his allowance is already too much for him. He’s into music, not because of the money, more of pursuing his passion, the fame is already secondary so imagine where he will put money on his list. But of course, it would be nice to be earning your own money in the future, it’s more fulfilling that way. “I’ll start small. I was invited to perform at a bar, here in UK, this coming Christmas season.” The fact that he’s already receiving such invitation is a good sign, right? “Plus, I’ve started a band in school, and we’ve been performing at different school events. It’s fun, but I noticed there’s challenge when dealing with band mates. They all have different preference in music, it was a struggle to finalize songs.” Not that it’s bad, he can’t blame them for having different taste in music, in the end, they’re able to agree on one thing and practice the song properly. “Have you work with a band before? How did you deal with different opinions and preferences? Because I’m avoiding offending anyone if ever.”

What Eric said about leaving his rich lifestyle in favour of becoming a commoner is like a kick in the gut. Here he is thinking of not needing too much money because of his rich parents and the guy is sprouting lessons about living a simple life using his own money. “Was it hard for you to leave such life?” Different types of gig, he can imagine that. His band is just in school and yet, he’s already thinking what else they can do aside from performing in every school event. He didn’t want the students to get bored. He can definitely relate to how he started with music. While listening, he started eating and enjoyed his food. It was good, he liked the salad with salmon. According to Eric, playing the music instrument is like an escape for him, a friend that can keep him company. “Same here. I started with piano, my mom got me an instructor and it basically started there. I came from a family of musicians, starting from my grandfather and my older brother. Those two inspired me to play the guitar.” It’s something he’s really good at too and he can’t see himself doing anything else, at this point in his life.

#10 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

• Artist
  • 1011 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 10:12 PM

Eric nodded. Good of the boy to do his sightseeing while he had the chance. Granted, this was a public building, so nothing was stopping him from taking a gander through here long after Eric had returned to France. He just wouldn't have access to the studios, though by now, the layout of those rooms must be burned in his memory. The man chuckled slightly. "Tips are always nice. The richer crowds can be tougher to please, but they tip quite nicely if you do it right." He'd played nice venues, charity events and the like, but he generally avoided the sorts of events he knew his parents might be in attendance to. Not necessarily because he thought they might be there, but rather because it felt too close to dipping his toes back into the life he'd left behind. And that was not the path he wished to take. His comment about connections had seemingly caught Alaric off-guard, and Eric gave an amused little smile. It may be blunt, but it was a reality for many. The man pointed at him with a fry. "Hold onto that conscience and keep It close. Cause the closer you get to the top, the harder it is to hang onto it. It does pay to be a cutthroat in this business, unfortunately, but not everyone needs to be that way in order to find success. A lot of people fail to see that. It may be harder to climb your way up when you're the nice guy, but it is doable." The boy would just have to put in the extra work.

Eric was glad to hear that the boy already had a few gigs lined up. "Oh good. Gotta love Christmas music." He could scarcely count how many times he'd sung The Christmas song, crooning about the chestnuts and the open fire. "And you're already leagues ahead of when I was a boy at Beauxbatons. We didn't have any band, or any music programs, so take advantage of that while you can. Your bandmates may end up meeting you again later down the road, and like I mentioned, connections." The band may even decide to stay together and Alaric would forfeit his preliminary solo career. It happened. Alaric asked for tips with dealing with a group, and he swallowed down his latest fry before providing a response. "I've worked with venue-provided backing bands in a performance capacity, but many a band has come strolling through my recording booth. Squabbles are inevitable; they're going to happen whether you like it or not. The difference is how you deal with them. As the band leader, it's important to keep a firm grip over everything while avoiding shutting anyone out. Keeping people in line, but making them feel heard. Each group finds their own technique, I find. Some bands purposefully play eclectic sets, venue permitting. Everyone gets at least one song to shine on. You get those a lot with rock bands, where the egos are even bigger than the hair. Guitar and drum solos play a big part in keeping balance behind the scenes. Other bands might rotate on venues; specifically select a venue that caters to one or two persons' tastes, and then the next venue caters to someone else's, so the sets vary drastically. This is for bands who can pick up songs quickly and are comfortable doing things on the fly. Cause that's a lot to cram in your head in a short span of time. Some bands just need quiet time apart from one another to calm down and regroup later. Make sure you know your band members well, and it'll be a world easier to manage all of their personalities in one room. Communicate." It was a case-by-case basis, but at the center of it all was the basic need for clear communication between all parties.

His past wasn't something he brought up often unless it came up in conversation. Unless you were a French wizard, you might not recognize the last name as being one of immense wealth and repute. "Difficult is one way to put it. I had to learn to do a lot of things. It's the small things you never think about. How to cook, how to fold your own laundry, and then of course how to manage your own finances. All stuff that other people used to do for you. My first studio apartment was a far cry from the mansion I grew up in. I traded a ballroom for a mattress on the floor. I had to sacrifice a lot of things for a while to make ends meet. Like coffee. Merlin that was rough." No way he'd manage that now, with the wacky hours he worked in order to meet deadlines and cater to the volatile thing that was inspiration. "Unfortunately my moral convictions were stronger than my desire for financial stability. It wasn't an environment I could stay in. The wealth, it had its perks, but it came with a lot of family politics. For as long as the money was coming from my parents, they got final say on everything. Now I just live for myself. It's been freeing, in that sense, and much better for my mental health." There wasn't a need to go into great details, but he hadn't been able to keep with the charade. The double life his family lived in order to maintain appearance despite what was happening under the surface. All the pretences and power tripping. In any case... "Is your salad any good?" he asked, motioning to the other's plate. He'd definitely gone the healthier route between them. Alaric reflected on his own family, which sounded quite musical. "You're already ahead of most. You've got a solid foundation. A wealth of people who understand your passion and can support your dream. It'll help keep you from getting too discouraged when things aren't quite going as you'd hoped." He gave a small smile, glad the other wouldn't struggle in that way.

#11 OFFLINE   Alaric Vaughn

Alaric Vaughn

• Artist
  • 1495 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 06:36 AM

[5]

“I appreciated the tip not just because it an addition to my savings, but because it’s a sure way of saying they appreciated my performance.” The hotel management is gracious enough to let him choose what song he wanted to sing at their hotel lounge provided that he takes the job seriously, which he did. When he really like something, he always gives it his all, he doesn’t often give it a second thought. It sorts of became a staple in his life, like water and food and he can’t imagine it’s absence. It’s a part of him. That’s how music is to him. It just came to him one day that his love for music moved from being a small part of his life to a passion. It takes him to a whole new world where there are no worries or homework or deadline. It holds his attention and it one of the few things he can concentrate on without getting distracted. “I’ll acknowledge that. I am not familiar with how it works but I guess I’ll remember it for my own reference in the future.” Hopefully, he will not stoop low as to use others for his own gain, he knew better than that. And besides, if there’s someone whom he can ask help directly, it would be Jeff. He’s his brother, he already knows a lot of people in this industry, if he really wants a shortcut, all he needs to do is ask but where is the fulfilment in that? He wouldn’t be able to forgive himself if he will resort to that kind of style. But it’s one of his dreams to perform with Jeff on stage with millions of their fans watching them both. That would be an epic experience for him.

He was told he’s already ahead of Eric when he’s still a boy and shared what they didn’t have in his former school. It’s true, even Ric didn’t expect he’ll be able to build that band, it was just one of his plans brought to life, thanks to those students whom he shared the same passion. “I guess I just got lucky that I found reliable bandmates. We may have our differences, but we’ve also learned a lot from each other. We even share our own songs. Soon we’ll be singing our original songs at our future gigs.” He’s hoping he’ll meet them in the future, in whatever circumstances, or maybe they’ll perform together again at some point, that would be fun, indeed. While Eric is sharing his experience with a group, Ric used that opportunity to eat while listening. It looks like the squabble is a common thing which is the real challenge here. And from what he understood, it will be up to the band leader to manage it accordingly. He was in awe at the knowledge he has experience wise. He never really considered it in this point of view. It really helps when you’ve experienced a lot in an actual setting. And this is what he liked best with his internship, he found someone who gave valuable information. “Our band is fairly new, they came from different age bracket, different background, different quirks and like I said, they all have differing opinions and taste in music too. We’re a work in a progress but the fact that we’re able to work few things on our own is already a good start.” And Eric is right, he better get to know his band mates on a personal level, they’ve already started, but he knew he can do better. “Wow…thanks, information overload, but honestly what you said made sense. Let me work on that.”

As Eric enumerated the things he needed to give up, he can’t help but winced as he was about to take his food again. “A mansion to an apartment, that’s a very huge shift.” He commented. Ric’s parents probably aren’t that rich like Eric’s but he never really had to fold his own laundry at home too. He shook his head just imagining if it’s him who’s in that scenario. Would he really try that kind of lifestyle too? Not that it’s very important to consider, but he’s curious now. The guy sort of admitted that being rich, you have to deal with family drama, including who has the last say. He can somehow relate to that, but his parents aren’t that meddlesome, it’s actually the opposite, they’re always away that they didn’t know what’s been happening to their children. Sometimes it’s an advantage but it certainly has its disadvantage too! It’s more on the latter than the former to be honest. “I can imagine it’s more enjoyable to you now, having that kind of independence.” He almost asked him about his love life but Ric decided against it, it’s too personal. He’s actually lucky Eric even answered his question about his lifestyle because that would mean opening up about your previous setup, which includes living with family. As for his question, he looked at the salad which he didn’t notice is almost done, “Well..there you go, almost finished. Yeah I like it. Thank you for the treat and this very informative conversation. I’d like to perform with you one time. If you have more chance to stay in UK, let me know.” He also added that he’s already got a solid support and foundation so if the going gets tough, there will be people who will back him up. Ric smiled because it’s true, it’ll start with his siblings, even if how busy those idiots are, he knew he could count on them if need be and he already knew a lot of people, most especially the students who share the same interests and that helps a lot with his motivation.

[Will be submitting this now. Thank you so much!!!]

#12 OFFLINE   Chloe Lim

Chloe Lim

Metamorphmagus

• Hufflepuff 4th Year
  • Others: Grindylow
  • 179 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Wand Type:10 inches sprucewood, unicorn tail hair
  • Nickname(s):Coco
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 26 August 2023 - 04:38 PM

Metamorphmagus mentorship RP w/ Teddy Lupin

If it wasn't already overwhelming enough to find out she was a wizard, Chloe received an owl from the Ministry of Magic informing her that she had an additional magical ability... something called a "metamorphmagus". It made a lot of sense, in hindsight. She used to frequently get grounded for disobeying her parents by changing her appearance, even though she knew she didn't do anything on purpose. Sometimes her hair just turned purple! But that excuse didn't work very well on her muggle parents who were convinced she was going behind their backs to dye her hair. Although it wasn't something she did on purpose, Chloe loved her newfound ability. She liked being able to express herself with her hair and makeup-- even her eyes could change color! But she wanted to learn how to hone in on her powers so they didn't get out of control. The Ministry encouraged her to seek out a mentor who could help her understand what was happening to her. She took a trip out to Tinworth to visit a restaurant owned by someone with her same ability. She had sent an owl message so he knew to meet her. She walked into the restaurant and looked around, before being led to a table by a maitre'd. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users