Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Tables #2

11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Advanced Studies Professor, Career Counselor, Thespian Society Moderator, Wandless Magic & Occlumency, Animagus

• Governor
  • Others: Adult, Camp Counselor, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors, Slytherin Affiliate
  • 1752 posts
  • Wand Type:Hornbeam, Manticore Hair, 11 3/4 inches, Surprisingly Swishy
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 07 September 2020 - 10:33 AM

billy_ho.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Nora Darcy

Nora Darcy

Beauxbâtons Transfer, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumna, Theatre Actor, Musician

• Artist
  • Others: Adult
  • 1023 posts
  • LocationNew York City, USA
  • Wand Type:11 inches, Apple wood, Augurey tail feather, Supple
  • Nickname(s):Noreen, Darcy
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 31 October 2021 - 02:40 PM

New RP

Internship had been going great. Nora already had some experience with Eric, so she knew how he worked and it was easier to just get on with the flow of things this time round. To make it even better, she had Ric along with her. Ever since last summer, where her and Ric had explored music together and she had shown him the ropes to whatever she had learnt back in the recording studio - there had been this musical connection between them. As if they were partners in things related to music, more so because at least that was one aspect of their lives where they understood each other - that connection to music, the lyrics, and that thirst to prove themselves to the world. So, all in all, her internship this time round was just a lot more interesting, and a lot more fruitful. It was one of those days where they had just finished one task, and instead of sticking by the studio - Nora had decided to head out to the restaurant nearby..a bit deep in thought. It had been just a couple of days back, when she had seen the clipping in the newspaper about Broadway casting calls for a new production they were working on. And for the past few days, it was there her mind had been - somewhat in two minds about if she should go for it or not. If she was even good enough in this particular aspect to try, or would she be laughed out of the auditions. And okay, even if she decides to audition - what should she even perform? She had no standards in her mind, the only production she had been a part of was Thespian, and she had no idea what was expected out of her. What could she even perform that would showcase her skill enough for them to want her, and who would even record it? And who would do the music..

Sufficient to say, Nora had been distracted even in her internship in the past couple of days - though she really tried to not show and just get on with whatever they were working on. And it was the same thoughts that plagued her mind as she entered the restaurant and asked for a glass of water - her eyes having a faraway look. Sitting down on one of the tables, she pulled out her notebook, flipping it open to the list of possible monologues she had shortlisted from all the movies she had watched. 

tag: Eric

• Eric de Lapin likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

French Canon; Soleil Alumnus; Musician & Producer

• Artist
  • 1011 posts
  • Wand Type:Long and magicky
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:53 PM

Eric had been elsewhere in the building for the majority of the day. His interns had the studio to themselves while he was deep in meeting with some studio executives. Being stationed here for a while had proved fruitful, as it gave him the freedom to shop his services more to the English crowd. He got business here regardless, but it usually necessitated trips over. Now, he was already here to begin with in order to tend to his interns. The contract negotiations concluded before the two hours were up, and Eric came out optimistic. As he returned to the studio, Alaric was shifting some things around in the booth. No sign of Nora. "Did she step out?" The boy explained that they'd finished recording the first pass of his demo and she'd gone off for a break. He chatted briefly with the boy on his level of satisfaction with the first attempt before grabbing his Muggle wallet and wandering off to the restaurant for a drink. As much as he could go for a joyous pint right now, his work day wasn't over. That normally never stopped him, but he couldn't be day-drinking around the kiddos. Mr. Rothwell would have his head and promptly forbid him from ever accepting interns again. These two were hardly kids, technically of age within the wizarding world, but he was their superior. The restaurant was quiet this time of day, not yet tipping into the rush of dinner time, while few lunch stragglers remained. He was on his way to the back bar to order up a coffee when he spotted a blonde head of hair. He diverted over to the table in question. "Ah, there you are. I'd wondered where you wandered off." She was poring over some notes as he'd seen her do plenty before when she brainstormed lyrics. "You working on a new set of lyrics?"

• Nora Darcy likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Nora Darcy

Nora Darcy

Beauxbâtons Transfer, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumna, Theatre Actor, Musician

• Artist
  • 1023 posts
  • LocationNew York City, USA
  • Wand Type:11 inches, Apple wood, Augurey tail feather, Supple
  • Nickname(s):Noreen, Darcy

Posted 09 November 2021 - 01:28 PM

Choosing a monologue was the easiest thing to do when it came to an audition. You just picked the one that probably was the most relatable to you, so you could act perfectly with it. And it was probably how Nora should have gone about it, but she didn't. She had fallen into that pseudo panic state where she was overthinking every little piece - with good reason. This was her make or break. This was truly what decided if she could perform well enough to be considered for the production. And she was just not sure what would be best - doing something that she was good at, or doing something that just showed the range of emotions that she could hold across multiple facets. If she was a director, she would want someone versatile right? Such thoughts plagued her mind as she flipped through the pages of the possible shortlists, in deep thought - that she hadn't noticed the time that had passed. Or that someone else was there in the restaurant as well. It was only when the unmistakeable voice of her mentor reached her ears did she look up, coming back to reality with his words. "Hey, just..wanted to get some air. It felt quite stuffy inside.." She mumbled, almost at the verge of closing the notebook when he asked her about it and she looked at it, before deciding to let it remain open. "Not really. This is actually completely the opposite. A collection of already performed monologues.." She replied before looking up at him with a smile. "Long day at work?" She asked, eyeing the coffee in his hand. "Oh, how did the meeting go? With the executives?" She asked eagerly. There was something about how professional artists operated in the real world that just intrigued her so much more. It was not just about songs, right?

• Eric de Lapin likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

French Canon; Soleil Alumnus; Musician & Producer

• Artist
  • 1011 posts
  • Wand Type:Long and magicky
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 13 November 2021 - 04:17 PM

Eric was quite familiar with Nora by this point, having worked with her twice. She had a good musical ear, that one. He didn't know if either of his interns would pursue music after this — though both had demonstrated interest — but he hoped it would give them a fulfilling window into the industry, in case it was ever something they wished to dip their toes into later on. Music wasn't the most stable career, especially if you were hoping to be a performing artist, so it wasn't for the tentative and uncertain. Nora noticed his present, and he hoped he hadn't startled her too badly. "Don't worry, I'm not chastising you or anything. You're not my captive," he chuckled. "It's easy to get holed up in there, so I'm glad you're taking a break." Eric himself was guilty of this; spending entire nights in the studio and leaving when the sun had just come over the horizon. Not a healthy habit to have. The man could see now that the structure of the words wasn't really suitable for lyrics. It was in proper paragraphs, full sentences. He knew the girl did theatre. "Lining yourself up for an audition?" He'd known enough fellow creatives to know this was the process. Less so for film, but much more so for theatre. You had to be able to rattle off a lot of dialogue in one shot, cause there were no cuts and retakes on stage. Nora inquired about his day, and Eric gave a small shrug. "Busy, but fruitful. I have another follow-up meeting in two weeks to go over contract stipulations," he explained. "The two of you were alright in the studio? I try to stick around as much as I can, but the two of you are responsible enough to handle yourselves." They had yet to prove him wrong.

#6 OFFLINE   Dasha Karsh

Dasha Karsh

Photographer, Owner of the Artsy Lens

• Artist
  • Others: Adult, Shopkeeper
  • 267 posts
  • LocationClairière Framboise 201, France
  • Nickname(s):Dasha

Posted 03 January 2023 - 09:48 AM

New Day, New RP

Tag: Freya

Dasha had just opened her second studio branch two weeks ago and during those times, she and her team had been busy implementing their marketing strategy to help boost the studio’s popularity among the witches and wizards in this area. They’re also open for muggle customers. The road to where she is now wasn’t an easy path to take. It was like an incredibly slow walk up a set of stairs. There was never any day when it went from bad to good, or failure to success. We tend to accumulate things, good and bad, on our road to something. Dasha was always working on that next thing so she doesn’t spend time thinking about how she feels today. People look at her life and think she’s somehow a big success, but she’d never ever seen it that way at all. They give her way too much credit, or the opposite, criticism, when she only spends time thinking about doing new things, experimenting with concepts, and most of all solving problems for others. She may be a photographer but she doesn’t look at her life with the lens of success and failure. She looks at it as if she did or didn’t solve a problem. If she can’t solve a problem, she moves on to the next thing. If she can, then great! She still moves on to the next thing. That’s how her mind works and so far, she's been successful in her business and her career. Today, she’s to meet with Freya, the owner and founder of Peak! Artist Management company. Both agreed to meet at a nearby restaurant, not wanting to make the meeting too formal. She’s already familiar with the lady having seen her many times in relation to her job as a photographer. As usual, Dasha went there early and ordered hot green tea for now, while waiting for Freya.

• Freya Brendan likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Freya Brendan

Freya Brendan

Ilvermorny Alumna, Owner of Peak! Artist Management

• Shopkeeper
  • Others: Adult, Artist
  • 164 posts
  • Wand Type:12" Poplar Wood with Veela Hair core, Reasonably Springy
  • Nickname(s):Frey
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood

Posted 02 April 2023 - 02:42 PM

When Freya heard the news of a photo studio opening in the Art Centre, Freya knew she had to meet the woman who owned it. Freya had a couple of connections with photographers that she sent her clients to for portfolios and headshots, but Freya knew a good business opportunity when she encountered one. Freya could bring steady business to The Artsy Lens, and Freya no longer had to find studios to send her clients to, with a little bit of luck, she could simply send them downstairs. To see if the two woman were likeminded, the two arranged to meet in the restaurant downstairs. When Freya entered the restaurant, she saw the woman with the short dark hair already sitting at one of the tables. "Dasha, congratulations on the grand opening." She said before sitting down opposite of her. "How are you liking Tinworth so far?" She asked before stopping one of the waiters, ordering a homemade lemonade before directing her attention back to Dasha. "Thank you so much for meeting me."

• Dasha Karsh likes this

#8 OFFLINE   Dasha Karsh

Dasha Karsh

• Artist
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 06:01 PM

If you are by nature a keen observer of life going on around you, as well as having a creative streak - and by creative she meant the ability to solve both expressive and technical problems while using the imagination to pull together disparate elements and ideas into a cohesive whole, and a strong will, then you have the essential gifts of photography. If you are a working photographer which means that you regularly exercise to practice those tendencies and skills in a disciplined pursuit of improving your craft, photography expands and strengthens you. That’s what she believes in. But there is always a cost to be paid - the harder you work at strengthening those aspects of your life, other parts may be diminished. The worst for her at least was feeling the sense of being an outsider, an observer, to the real action. Not that she was complaining, she loves her job and everything that comes along with it. Her social life isn’t that poor, meeting with her clients and prospective ones for one, is what she could consider close to social life. Like now, while waiting for Freya, Dasha was just observing the interior of the cafe and people watching. Not long after, a tall woman entered the cafe and went to greet her directly, making her smile. “Hello Freya. Thank you, we’re still a bit busy. There are still a lot of things to fix inside the studio, mostly rules and policies and the offices. My gosh, it’s all a headache but we’re getting there.” She smiled at her, “I am not really that stranger here in Tinworth but since I have a shop here now, I know I’ll love it even more. I’ve conducted a few photoshoots here and covered galas too.” Getting a space in one of the thriving business districts in the UK was a golden opportunity she cannot pass. “So, what can I do for you Freya. Oh wait, while you are on it, why don’t we order now too?” She raised her hand and requested for the menu and gave it to her, “Here!”

#9 OFFLINE   Freya Brendan

Freya Brendan

• Shopkeeper
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 10:07 AM

Freya smiled when Darsha offered her the menu, but she politely declined by raising her hand. "I'll have your Château La Mission Haut-Brion, a bottle would do." She said and smiled at Darsha. "My treat, if you'll let me." Wine was one of Freya's hobbies. Not necessarily drinking it, but pairing the drinks to her meals, figuring out the different taste of each different wine. And hopefully, the bottle was a start to a good business collaborations. "My clients often need new headshots. I would be delighted if The Artsy Lens would be a place I can send them too. It's such a hassle to find a reliable partner nowadays. And since you're just around the corner, it would speed up the processes at Peak."

• Dasha Karsh likes this

#10 OFFLINE   Dasha Karsh

Dasha Karsh

• Artist
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 12:27 AM

“Oh, a fellow wine lover.” Dasha commented with a knowing smile as Freya declined the menu and instead ordered wine for them. She had chosen a nice wine. It’s irresistible even in average vintages and is famous for the legendary long life of its wines. “I like that wine. I will not say no to a treat.” she confirmed once the lady insisted it’s her treat. “Thank you so much.” It’s impossible to resist La Mission Haut Brion's fantastic richness, silky structure, extraordinary balance and sophisticated refined look. She gave her order to the waiter and as the guy was leaving them, she listened to Freya as she explained what she wanted to happen. It turned out she wanted her to do the headshots for her clients. It makes sense to her since they’re practice neighbors and it would be to Dasha’s advantage if she will accept this offer. It’s also good for her business as it is advantageous for Freya and her own business. “It would be an honor. I would be happy to provide our services for your company’s headshots. Maybe you can send me the full details in the coming days and we can sign off the contract just for formality’s sake?” she smiled at her. “How many are we talking about by the way? Do we need to do the headshots of your existing clients or this will apply to the new ones moving forward?”

#11 OFFLINE   Freya Brendan

Freya Brendan

• Shopkeeper
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 August 2023 - 03:15 AM

Freya grinned when Dasha mentioned she was a wine lover herself. "Really?" She said with a smile. "I propose our next meeting will be over a proper tasting then, what do you say?" Freya loved going to wine tastings, getting to experience new wines, new flavour combinations, new vineries. It was one of the few things that she liked to do that were completely unrelated to her job. Thankfully, Dasha seemed up to collaborate. "Mostly new clients, but existing clients need their headshots updated every now and then. I'll have an associate of mine draft up a contract which you can update with your rates, and then we can meet up to negotiate details and celebrate the signing with another bottle?" Freya suggested. She wasn't an alcoholic, but she was excited about this new collaboration, and about gaining a friend who was just as ambitious and entrepreneurial as she was, and who loved wine as much. 

• Dasha Karsh likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Dasha Karsh

Dasha Karsh

• Artist
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 07:40 AM

Dasha nodded and smiled at Freya, confirming she was indeed a wine lover. “Right after graduation, I’ve been collecting different wines from around the globe, from the countries I’ve been to while traveling for work.” It started when she and her classmates at Beauxbaton attended a wine tasting event until it became a passion for her to try and taste all the finest wines in the world. There are many reasons why people enjoy wine. Some enjoy the taste and complexity of different wines, while others appreciate the cultural and historical significance of wine. For Dasha, it’s both, wine can also be paired with food to enhance the dining experience. Additionally, many people enjoy the social aspect of sharing a bottle of wine with friends or family. “Sure, that’s something I cannot refuse Freya. I would love that.” Who says you cannot mix personal interest with your business? According to the lady, it’s mostly going to be their new clients but the existing ones need their headshots to be updated occasionally. She also assured her about the contract, “I’ll wait for it then and go through the contract as soon as I receive it so that if I have questions or clarifications, I can schedule another meeting with you to discuss.” The offer over another bottle had her grinning in excitement, her eyes gleaming, “Sounds like a plan to me.” The wine bottle was handed to them by the waiter so Dasha grabbed it from the man, “Let me.” smiling, she opened the wine properly with a loud pop, ending up with her soft giggle. They were also handed two wine glasses so Dasha poured some into the two waiting glasses and gave one to Freya, “Here’s to our partnership. I’m looking forward to working with you Freya.”

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users