Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Quidditch Pitch

166 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   Carina Thomas

Carina Thomas

Werewolf, Gryffindor Alumna, Kenmare Kestrels Captain & Seeker

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Adult
  • 3456 posts
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere...
  • Wand Type:Sycamore, Dragon Heartstring, 9"
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 24 December 2022 - 03:31 PM

Carina looked up from the snitch to see Heon flying over. "Thank you," she replied with a smile. She couldn't help the little bit of pride in her stance because yes, she knew she made it look easy. She hadn't been cultivating her skills for years for nothing. Overly humble was not something you could ever accuse her of being. She knew her worth and liked being praised for it. "You put up a pretty good fight. It's been a while since I've gotten to practice against another team's seeker. We've got a reserve seeker with the Kestrels, and she's getting very good, but she's young, so I have more a mentor role with her, y'know?" With Heon, she felt like the playing field was pretty even. Guiding her broom lower through the sky, she assumed the other would be following close behind. "You planning on carrying on? I'll leave ya be, don't worry. Pitch is all yours. I think I might go and hit the gym. With the holidays coming up, I need to prepare for the amount of food I'll be gorging myself on" She gave her stomach a pat. She knew it would take more than a hearty Christmas to plump up her athletic frame, but still. She always had to be on her A-game to compensate for the amount of junk food and takeout she and Alaric consumed.

• Heon Jake Watson likes this

#162 OFFLINE   Heon Jake Watson

Heon Jake Watson

Wigtown Wanderers Seeker & Captain

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 77 posts
  • Wand Type:13", Rosewood, Curupira Hair, Flexible
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 25 December 2022 - 04:05 PM

"I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to practice with you, Carina," Heon said, feeling a bit of sadness as the practice session came to an end. He had really enjoyed competing against her and was already looking forward to the next time they could spar, possibly in a real match. Although he knew he still had a long way to go before he could match her level of expertise, he was determined to get there. After all, he was only twenty years old and had a lot of time in front of him to improve. He had had a fantastic time during the practice session and achieved his goal of getting rid of his rust in broom sports, so he decided to bring the practice to a close for the day. "I should probably start heading back now, though. I really appreciate the great practice session. It was truly enjoyable," he added, giving Carina a friendly wave before setting off from the pitch. He had promised his parents that he would be at theirs by Christmas, so it was best for him to head back to his house and start packing his things now. He didn't want to be late and disappoint them. Overall, it had been a wonderful and productive day, and Heon was grateful for the chance to improve his skills and spend time with a fellow Captain-Seeker.

-- End RP --

• Carina Thomas likes this

#163 OFFLINE   Alaric Severus Byrne

Alaric Severus Byrne

Son of Adreia Kragen and David Byrne, Byrne Twins, Hogwarts Transfer, Animagus, Terrakinesis, Official Ydalir Alumnus, Ballycastle Bats Chaser

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1298 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Wand Type:12" Birch with Dragon Heartstring, Swishy
  • Nickname(s):Al, Alaric, Ric

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:33 AM

Spring Internship 2024

Nathalia Cresswall

From another person’s point of view, it might appear that Alaric Byrne was concerned with one thing and one thing only, and that one thing was Quidditch. Alaric himself would never deny these claims. It was, after all, the one thing he’s best at. He wasn't the world's best in classes, did well enough to stay on the team but was clearly never going to be any sort of scholar. His family is well off in terms of pureblood wealth and status but it’s technically not his galleons and fame - so he had to find something he was good at and stick with it, and what he was good at was playing Chaser. And it could not be argued that he devoted an almost unreasonable amount of time to the Gryffindor team as well as Ydalir team. He was used to playing and receiving orders from their captain, which means when he received a note from Hogwarts, selecting him as an intern supervisor, he was genuinely surprised. Why him? Why not Astrid? There was no time to question or argue about the selection, his wife told him just suck it up and be proud that you have been trusted as an intern. That just goes to show he’s good at what he does. When she put it that way, there’s nothing to argue about anymore. 

He gave the address, time and day of their meeting and it’s also the day he and his teammates have practice. Two on two, practicing different chaser tactics. He was partnered with a captain who he’d been working for years now that they don’t have to discuss what they want to do, they can sort of sense each other’s plans at this point, plus they developed their own form of communication when changing tactics. He saw her hand signal to apply plan B - body blow. Both of them closed in on the opposing Chaser who was carrying the Quaffle, and pressed against him from either side physically forcing him to let go of the Quaffle. It took a few seconds, with Alaric applying quite a force until his opponent finally let go. He zoomed down and caught the quaffle before their other opponent caught it. “Wooohooo!"

• Nathalia Cresswall likes this

#164 OFFLINE   Nathalia Cresswall

Nathalia Cresswall

Beauxbatons Transfer, Flyer's Anonymous & Lost Paradise Student Moderator

• Gryffindor 7th Year
  • Others: Phoenix
  • 610 posts
  • Wand Type:Holly, white river monster spine, 12" and solid
  • Nickname(s):Nath
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 20 April 2024 - 10:36 AM

[1]

This was a long-time coming, Nath thought excitedly as she made her way toward the school's Floo Network. It was their designated mode of transport for this activity. Finally, she had the opportunity to complete an apprenticeship program! It was certainly a massive step towards achieving her goal of becoming a Pro-Quidditch Player. Anyway, the Ballycastle Bats was one of the greatest teams in the British and Irish Quidditch League so she was more than honoured and delighted when she received a letter from one of their chasers—Alaric Byrne. He was going to be her mentor and their first meeting was set. Nath was a little nervous admittedly but this was her chance to show everyone that she actually has a future in this career field, and she was not about to let it go to waste.

She was dressed in suitable workout clothes and over it, pulled on an old hoodie of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. Her golden blond hair was pulled back in a simple, classic braid; slung over her shoulder was a gym bag containing her protective gear, a change of clothes and a few other essentials such as her medication. In a firm grip, she carried her well-kept Australian Flyabout. The professor gave her a few reminders prior to sending her away, finally asking her whether she was alright. Nath twisted her signet ring nervously but she affirmed that she was okay and that she was ready. And with that, she was transported away to the home stadium of the Ballycastle Bats in Ireland.

She was, shall we say, a little early? One of the staff—a trainer, she was assuming—had found her and then showed her the way to the pitch where she was supposed to meet her supervisor. It was not empty when she arrived; there was more people than she was expecting as a matter of fact. It seems she has walked in at a perfect time and a few members of the team was up in the air, practising. Nath took a brief moment to glance around the space and take in the atmosphere; the place was massive and buzzed with activity as trainers and assistant coaches and other staff filled the place and ran around to perform various tasks. Eventually, her attention was captured by the action taking place overhead. She was standing by one of the meeting spots, staring up with rapt fascination as she tried to analyse their strategy, unaware that her mouth was slightly hanging open. It took a while to understand what they were doing but she managed it and when the manoeuvre saw success, she couldn't help cheering along… which is unexpected, she reckons. Nath quickly slapped a hand over her mouth in embarrassment. Oops?

• Alaric Severus Byrne likes this

#165 OFFLINE   Alaric Severus Byrne

Alaric Severus Byrne

Son of Adreia Kragen and David Byrne, Byrne Twins, Hogwarts Transfer, Animagus, Terrakinesis, Official Ydalir Alumnus, Ballycastle Bats Chaser

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 April 2024 - 10:01 AM

Their captain is usually crazy with extra quidditch practices until the month leading up to each of their matches and this is one of those days when she cannot be stopped. They’ve been working their arse off for almost a week now, practicing, strategizing, planning their attacks and they also allot some time to get to know their next opponent, watching their game and their style. It doesn’t matter if they’ve played with them in the past, they will watch them again just to check if something changed with their playing style. Chances are, they have improved. Every team will improve after every game, you can count on that. Doing the maneuver for the body blow is tricky to execute. It involved physical and mental. Determination to overpower your opponent and having the proper built to go along with it. Other than that, your fellow chaser should do their part on the other side of the opposing chaser as they will have to sandwich the person to distract and snatch the quaffle while also trying to avoid being penalized if they’ve overdone it. Quidditch, as Alaric came to know, is like a chessboard with moving important parts and strategies involved. You have to be careful with every move you make as it could affect the other parts of the game or as a whole.

Successfully getting the quaffle, Alaric is now in possession of the ball and giving a knowing look at his partner who was flying just a few paces behind him. A tilt to the right and they both knew what they had to do at times like this. The other two opposing members were hot on their tail and also determined to get the quaffle back. Not today. He increased his speed and once the hoops were in a good distance, Alaric made a zigzag motion, pushing the limit of his broom and without hesitation raised his arms and was about to release the quaffle to attempt a goal only to move it to his other hand and passed it behind him, to the hands of his awaiting partner who just zoomed in to where he is, utilizing the last few seconds of his movement and then threw it to the right hoop. The Keeper who was waiting, didn't anticipate the move and was a second too late to reach the quaffle as it sailed through the hoop. A loud whistle was heard indicating they scored. Alaric returned the high five, grinning widely and was informed someone was there to see him. “Right. Thank you.” He almost forgot he had an intern to manage. “Where is she?” He asked the staff and he pointed at the waiting area. When he glanced at that section of the stadium, he found a young girl with her broom and work bag. Signaling his teammates that he’ll be out of the game, he waved their reserve over to play before flying toward where the girl was waiting. Reaching that side of the stadium, Alaric hovered just beside the meeting area, breathless and profusely sweating. “Apologies for my appearance. We’re in the middle of a team practice.” He smiled at her, “I’m Alaric Byrne. You must be Nathalia?” Extending his hand to her for a handshake. "How long have you been watching?"

Edited by Alaric Severus Byrne, 23 April 2024 - 10:04 AM.

• Nathalia Cresswall likes this

#166 OFFLINE   Nathalia Cresswall

Nathalia Cresswall

Beauxbatons Transfer, Flyer's Anonymous & Lost Paradise Student Moderator

• Gryffindor 7th Year
  • Others: Phoenix
  • 610 posts
  • Wand Type:Holly, white river monster spine, 12" and solid
  • Nickname(s):Nath
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 03 May 2024 - 08:11 AM

[2]

Intense was the action—and though it was nothing like watching an actual full-blown match, Nath felt a thrill as she craned her neck to get a better view still. She surprised herself by cheering out loud but, as she spared a glance around her, no one appears to really care; and frankly, she was pretty sure she's not the only person watching this with an utterly enraptured look. Things were moving so fast! Before she knew it, a goal had been scored then a loud whistle seemed to stop everything; the spell of excitement has slowly dissipated in the air and then everyone around her was busy again, all of a sudden. Well, that or they'd been working purely the entire time and she never noticed. Nath quietly breathed a sigh then stepped back in the shadows a bit… till one of the chasers descended then dismounted nearby and began walking toward her with purposeful strides.

She made a decision and took a few steps forward to meet the man halfway, with her expression utterly polite though there was some wildness in her eyes. Alaric proceeded to offer his apologies which she promptly dismissed with a light wave of a hand. "No apologies needed," she assured him with a grin. "In fact, I reckon one good way of learning is to watch the action unfold before your very eyes… so this was perfect, thank you for the opportunity," she added with a chuckle as she extended a hand to shake his proffered one. "It's a pleasure to meet you—and an honour to be taught by you. I'm a big fan actually." That last one was added as an afterthought because she had been unsure whether to say it or not. It was hard to rein in her pure excitement, being a massive fan of the sport, but there's no way she would let herself be seen like some groupie… which she was not. Nath was doing all this so she could become a colleague of this man—even with a label like 'rookie.' Quidditch was the career she wants so much; she already had to fight very hard to be taken seriously as it is so as much as she wanted to fangirl, she couldn't let herself be seen as anything other than a consummate professional. Anyway, Alaric posed a question and she gave a shrug. "Long enough," she admitted, then offered a compliment. "That was a nice play, by the way—although I have mixed feelings about the way you guys executed the steal, but it was nicely done."

• Alaric Severus Byrne likes this

#167 OFFLINE   Alaric Severus Byrne

Alaric Severus Byrne

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 May 2024 - 06:32 AM

The girl took his hand and returned the handshake he offered. He smiled as he finally released it, wiping the sweat off the side of his cheek with the sleeve of his workout clothes. When Nathalia commented how she would better learn by watching than anything else, he nodded. “Right. That’s true. It’s for the same reason why I asked you to come meet with me on this particular day because we have a practice going on. I’d like to be able to show you what we usually do during practice. Well hopefully, that and if you have time, I can definitely give you a free ticket to our actual game.” Quidditch highlights are what brings everyone to the game. That’s what’s best about the game, that’s what makes crowds go “oooh”, and it’s always a pleasure to watch, no matter how long you’ve been watching the sport. The game is so diverse, there are so many different ways to have an impact, highlights are never boring. “A pleasure to meet you too. It’s my first time accepting an internship supervisor job, so you have to bear with me if I have an unconventional way of doing things.” He was not sure if Hogwarts had a preferred method of doing it but even then, Alaric knew he’s not one to follow a standard one. Not even when he attended his own internship under Anastas Levski, the guy is crazy but he knows his stuff. “I’m flattered to hear that from you. I am sure you’ve also seen our captain, she’s really the beast on the pitch.” The woman was strict and for good reason. She’s also really good at what she does, making his own job easier if you have someone that good in your team.

“Let’s take a seat. I need a moment to breathe after that practice.” He threw a quick glance as the rest of his teammates moved on to the practice, with their reserve taking his place for now. Nathalia confirmed she’s been watching long enough to see everything, he assumed. Her next comment made him grin, “Let’s hear it, why do you have mixed feelings? I’d like to get your honest opinion regarding what you’ve seen so far. We have executed two chaser tactics back there, can you tell me what those are?”

Edited by Alaric Severus Byrne, 04 May 2024 - 06:32 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users