Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2022 VirteQ

Photo

Food Stands

65 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Victoria Noelle Armend

Victoria Noelle Armend

Beater of the Ballycastle Bats, Chester and Vera's Daughter, Official Gryffindor Alumna

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Adult
  • 1397 posts
  • LocationHogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  • Wand Type:Cedar wood with a Unicorn hair core, 12"
  • Nickname(s):Tori, Vicky or Noelle. Take your pick!
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 19 July 2022 - 10:23 AM

Tori really didn’t mind going to the training center and fly a few laps around the pitch. It’s a very slow day for her whenever they are not in training and there’s not a lot of things to do at home. He mom would make her take care of Camryn but the little girl is already a toddler so her energy level is way higher than what Tori is willing to match. Sometimes, all she wants to do during her days off is to sleep the whole day. But not that day. She‘s thinking she might have gotten some sweets in her fan mail. Astrid is already scolding them about not taking it easy. Maybe they have become workaholics and the captain should be thankful for that because they are dedicated to their craft! "We are taking it easy! I’m just grabbing my mail and then I’m out," she said with a grin. As for Alaric, she raised an eyebrow. "Too obvious, huh?" He’s teasing her for sure. "I am not the one gets the loudest cheer everytime we are introduced," she pointed out. It’s fine with her. It makes sense that he’s got more vocal fans who are mostly females. Tori continued scooping her mails into her bag, making sure not to crumple any of them, especially those that were delicately folded into fancy shapes that she didn’t know could be folded into paper. She heard the unmistakable sound of tape being ripped off and she saw Alaric was taking it off a huge box. Inside was a teddy bear. "Aww… That’s cute!" But then, he offered it to her. "Oh no, that’s yours! I already have a lot at home." If she receives more stuffed toys, she won’t have any space left on her bed. Good thing Camryn is at that time in her life when she likes everything that her older sister has so she grabs all of the gifted stuffed toys from her room and brings them back to her room to play with. Then Alaric asked if they reply to their fanmails. "Sometimes," she admitted. "I have this old school typewriter at home and whenever I read a letter that really touched me, I write them back. It's the least I could do to thank them, you know?"

• Alaric Severus Byrne and Astrid Alcantara like this

#62 OFFLINE   Astrid Alcantara

Astrid Alcantara

Niflheim Alumni; Castelobruxo Transfer; Pyrokinetic; Animagus; Ballycastle Bats Chaser & Captain

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1093 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden
  • Wand Type:10 1/2” Red Cedar, Unicorn Tail Hair
  • Nickname(s):Astrid. I hate nicknames.
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 30 July 2022 - 04:06 AM

[3]

Astrid has been flying for as long as she can remember. She only stopped when she went to America and stayed all over the place. North, South, Central America, and then back to the South. She’s really been all over the place and she stayed in muggle areas so there’s no way that she could have ridden a broom and not get burned on a stake the next day. But in hindsight, she wonders what that would do to her with her ability to manipulate fire… It’s a thought, but thinking back, Sebastian was badly hurt from the explosion in the ruins and he still got scars from it while she didn’t have any scratches on her. Should she just light a candle and out her hand over the flames just to see if she would burn? Her mind wandered again while opening her package. "Okay, that wouldn’t hurt, but please, take it easy. I am serious." With Astrid’s height and built, it could be hard to take her seriously as the captain but her teammates know how she is and they all respect her. And she is eternally grateful for that. Alaric is trying to open up one of his packages noisily. Her, on the other hand, opened up the box of treats and saw a letter on top of the snacks. "Hey, I got a snackbox from Scotland!" She looked over at Alaric and Tori and the guy was offering her the stuffed toy and her declining it. She could relate to Tori with that. She gets a lot of stuffed toys too and sometimes, she gives them to her brother and cousins. She looked at the snacks inside the box and she’s glad that there are several of each kind in it. She could share some with her teammates and then bring the rest back to the apartment so Sebastian could also try them out. They like trying new things together. "Hey guys, you want to try these out?" She grabbed one of the smaller boxes in the package and showed it to them. It’s Tunnock’s Tea Cakes, according to the packaging. They look interesting. The conversation went to the letters they receive and Astrid nodded her head after hearing what Tori’s been doing. "I do too, but mostly only thank you cards. A typewriter is a great way to not get carpal tunnel from writing." She might look into getting one of those too.

• Alaric Severus Byrne and Victoria Noelle Armend like this

#63 OFFLINE   Alaric Severus Byrne

Alaric Severus Byrne

Son of Adreia Kragen and David Byrne, Byrne Twins, Hogwarts Transfer, Animagus, Terrakinesis, Official Ydalir Alumnus, Ballycastle Bats Chaser

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1185 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Wand Type:12" Birch with Dragon Heartstring, Swishy
  • Nickname(s):Al, Alaric, Ric

Posted 09 August 2022 - 12:57 AM

Tori told them she was just here to grab her mails and packages and then she’s leaving. She even teased him that between the two of them, he gets the loudest cheer when introduced. “Nah, I beg to differ. It’s the entire team.” Bats is a famous team, not just because of their standing, but because of what happened at the Bats stadium before and to some of their team members. Both him and Tori suffered a lot after that blast, it’s something people don’t just forget easily. Not when it’s all over the news for a time. When people see him, even now, they still have that pity look in them when regarding him. Alaric can’t blame their reaction, what happened to him is horrible, though he didn’t need anyone’s pity. It’s all in the past now. He nodded at Astrid, “Don’t worry, I’ll just stay for an hour or so. I’m just waiting for Carina’s practice to end so I can ask her to eat dinner later.” Everyone’s aware of his setup with Carina at home and for a time the team teased him about it but for him, there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s a mutual decision and both benefited from it, in terms of companionship on a daily basis. Of course they don’t need to know the brewing tension within him with that kind of setup with his best friend. Tori declined his offer, saying she’s got enough teddy bears at home while Astrid exclaimed about getting a snack box from Scotland. When Astrid offered them the food, Alaric looked at it suspiciously, “Are you sure it’s safe? What if they have sprayed with love potion?” He was just teasing but there’s truth in it too. Both girls confirmed that they do reply to their fan mails. As for him, he scratched his head, “I don’t…in my defence, I don’t know what to tell them, it's not because I don’t want to reply. He opened one fan mail this time and shared it with them, his eyes showing amusement in them while reading it silently. “See? And this is why I don’t want to reply… Dear Alaric…Will you marry me? I mean seriously, how can you even react to this?” Though he’s flattered, he can’t help feeling embarrassed with that.

• Victoria Noelle Armend and Astrid Alcantara like this

#64 OFFLINE   Victoria Noelle Armend

Victoria Noelle Armend

Beater of the Ballycastle Bats, Chester and Vera's Daughter, Official Gryffindor Alumna

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1397 posts
  • LocationHogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  • Wand Type:Cedar wood with a Unicorn hair core, 12"
  • Nickname(s):Tori, Vicky or Noelle. Take your pick!
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 01 October 2022 - 10:54 AM

"Whatever. We all know the truth. Right, Astrid?" Tori called in the cavalry. When it comes to the team introductions, the men really gets the louder cheers mostly because they are men. The male fans are fans, and the female fans are fans. She always teases Alec whenever they are hanging out and they get recognized. He’s really famous with the ladies, and she knows exactly what they are thinking. The team in general gets a lot of cheers from their fans, but you just know who’s the most famous out of them all and Tori is very far from being the most cheered for. Alaric, on the other hand? A lot of loud yells and shrieks from female fans. Alaric is in denial about his fame with the ladies and she’s quite sure that the reason is the lady he’s meeting for dinner, according to himself. "Speaking of Carina. Are you two like, dating?" She can’t help but asking. Curiosity’s been eating her up since the first time that she saw them hanging out. In their profession, if you are seen with someone outside of the pitch, rumors will start circulating and it’s only a matter of time before the rest of the team and management knows about it. All they know is that the two are friends. Astrid, on the other hand, told them about a snackbox from Scotland and offered to share it with them. She looked over and saw what they are. "That looks yummy!" She’s about to come to their captain to try the snacks out when Alaric asked about the safety of those snacks. "Have you received food that are spiked with a love potion?" Of course, Tori had thought of the possibility but are people really that stupid and desperate? "I’m sure the staff had screened all these before leaving them here for us to take whenever we can." She remembers one of the few encounters she had with their interns and they told her that one of their tasks is to go through the mail and make sure that there’s nothing remotely dangerous in them before they get to the players. She’s also sure that Alaric’s just joking, but he could be right too. Love potion is something that’s not exactly fatal, but it is still dangerous. Alaric revealed that he hasn’t replied to any of his fan mail and for some reason, this did not surprise her at all, though his reasoning behind it is valid. She didn’t know what to say at first either. Her teammate picked a random letter to read as if to make a point and the contents of it made her laugh out loud.  "Don’t tell me that’s the first proposal you’ve had! I am under the impression that you receive at least three proposals a day." As for how to respond to the letters, Tori had devised a way to turn them down softly but still make sure that she gives them something. "How would you react to that if they do it in person?" she wondered out loud. She is genuinely interested with his answer.

• Alaric Severus Byrne and Astrid Alcantara like this

#65 OFFLINE   Astrid Alcantara

Astrid Alcantara

Niflheim Alumni; Castelobruxo Transfer; Pyrokinetic; Animagus; Ballycastle Bats Chaser & Captain

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1093 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden
  • Wand Type:10 1/2” Red Cedar, Unicorn Tail Hair
  • Nickname(s):Astrid. I hate nicknames.
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 10 October 2022 - 08:12 AM

While the other two are arguing about who’s more famous, Astrid kept on sorting out her mail. There are a lot of postcards and cards in the pile from what looked like all over the UK. It’s crazy to think that she has fans from all over Britain. She wasn’t planning on joining the bickering but Tori made it impossible not to. "I’m with Tori on this one." Astrid grinned. It’s true though. The boys get more cheers than the girls because of the fangirls. They could scream louder. She knows exactly what Tori is talking about. "You do know that girls love a buy they could ‘fix’, right?" And they are all under the impression that pro-quidditch players ‘need fixing’ or something like that because they are pro-players. And yes, they mean the other meaning of the word ‘player’. Which brought them to the inevitable next part. Luckily, Tori played the devil’s advocate and asked the question in everybody’s mind. "I wanna hear the answer to that question too." Astrid stopped what she was doing and gave her full attention to Alaric. "Whatever you say will stay in this room. We promise," she didn’t need to ask Tori is she’s willing to keep the secret too because they all respect each other’s businesses but they need to know the truth.

Astrid understood the skepticism coming from her teammates. " They all looked sealed…" Astrid opened the box that the cakes were in and they are all individually wrapped so it didn’t look like it was tampered with. She wasn’t very worried about them but Alaric’s statement made her a little bit more wary about eating them. Tori has a point though. "Should we have the interns or staff test them out first to see if they are poisoned or laced with anything?" She’s only kidding, of course! She’s not going to risk anyone’s life just so she could have some sweets—even though they really look good and yummy. Eitherway, she grabbed one for each of them and throw them towards Alaric and Tori, who are now talking about how to respond to marriage proposals in letter and in public. Astrid chuckled because she did have her own share of fans asking her all sorts of inappropriate questions like marriage proposals. It’s during those times that she pulls the “I’m taken” card from her deck. Sebastian would definitely mind, but she’s not the only one with admirers in the relationship! "You know, it would be helpful being in a relationship when it comes to answering those kind of questions." She peeled the silver wrapping off the tea cake in her hand and took a bite from it. It is good!

• Alaric Severus Byrne likes this

#66 OFFLINE   Alaric Severus Byrne

Alaric Severus Byrne

Son of Adreia Kragen and David Byrne, Byrne Twins, Hogwarts Transfer, Animagus, Terrakinesis, Official Ydalir Alumnus, Ballycastle Bats Chaser

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 1185 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Wand Type:12" Birch with Dragon Heartstring, Swishy
  • Nickname(s):Al, Alaric, Ric

Posted 17 November 2022 - 08:51 PM

Alaric can’t help rolling his eyes at the two who were ganging up on him regarding fame. “Think all you want ladies, you very well know our team is famous.” Regardless of who’s more famous among their team members, it doesn’t matter to him. He could tell, it’s no big deal with them too, they don’t let fame get to their heads. One thing he likes about their group is that they’re all passionate about quidditch. They’re here to play and enjoy the game. Winning is just an added bonus, same thing with popularity attached to it. They have a strong line up, despite the other team’s manager offering him a better salary package, he declined because he loves Bats to bits. Money isn’t that important to him, being Kragen’s only son, there’s a huge amount waiting for him. He can even leave his current job and just stay at home and he would  still be able to support himself using that money. He’s not planning to use it unless absolutely necessary. Right now, the salary he’s getting from his job is more than enough for him. Growing up, his parents already knew how independent he was. Tori’s question was unexpected which Astrid seconded. “Seriously? That’s what you all think of Carina and I?” He closed the big box, gathered the rest and piled them on top of each other. “We’re childhood best friends. That’s it. I offered to let her live in my apartment since she’s mostly just moving from one hotel to another.” He’s got plenty of space for one more person in his apartment. Astrid promised whatever he’ll tell them will only be between the three of them, “Yeah right, and the next thing I know, Alec and Sebastian are already aware of it by end of the day.” Oblivious that his ears turned beet red while answering that question. Let’s just hope the two didn’t notice anything ‘odd’ from his actions. “And before asking me that question Tori, why don’t you answer the same for you and Alec, huh?” He smirked at her. As for her second question about love potions, he shrugged, “I don’t know how to answer that because I never tasted anything from the gifts I’m receiving. I usually let my handler deal with them, give them to homeless and street children. Those who need it more than me. I mean come on, you expect me to eat that much?” In case they haven’t noticed, they’re receiving a lot of gifts on a daily basis. “I keep the letters, though.” Screened or not, Alaric simply had no time eating those sweets. Too much for him. The two continued to tease him about the message he received. He glanced at Tori first, “Not really the first time, but every time, I don’t know how to react to it so I just ignore it. It’s one of the few reasons why I’m not fond of reading fan mails.” and then at Astrid, “And just what do you mean by that?” He had a good guess what this talk was leading to so before he could put himself into trouble with the two ladies, Alaric dumped all his stuff in one big box and headed out of the mail room. “I better start my training so I can go home early. I’ll just grab my box later. See yah both soon!”

End it ladies, thanks!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users