Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Appointments & Consultations

7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

Official Hufflepuff Alumna; Fashion Designer; Owner of Saint Adams

• Artist
  • Others: Adult, Hogwarts Professors Emeriti, Shopkeeper
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead
  • Wand Type:10 1/4" Vine with phoenix feather, supple
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:47 PM

DSC_8868-HDR-2.jpg?format=2500w

This room is reserved for private consultations and appointments. You are welcome to bring friends,

family, or guests to your appointment, however they may be asked to leave for the waiting area

if they are disruptive to the creative process. This room will also serve for appointments for fittings.

#2 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 10 July 2021 - 11:39 AM

(tag Cheryl)

With summer underway, Ana was eagerly awaiting the arrival of a student from Hogwarts that had signed up to intern at her shop. Business was booming, but Ana was really looking forward to the extra help. She needed it since she had so much in her personal life to juggle. Of course, her son was at the Magical Minds summer camp, but that was really difficult for her to digest. She'd never been without Oliver before and it took a toll on her emotions. Ana stood at the counter in her shop, looking through her book of appointments and trying to determine which was the next coming up. Hopefully the student would arrive soon!

• Cheryl Glazkov likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Cheryl Glazkov

Cheryl Glazkov

Durmstrang Transfer, Clairvoyant, Official Slytherin Alumna, Shop Assistant for Kira at Turning Torso, Fashion Designer

• Shop Assistant
  • Others: Adult, Artist
  • 557 posts
  • LocationAngelholm
  • Wand Type:13", Ziricote Wood, Vodyanoy Hair, Iele Hair
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 12 July 2021 - 10:57 AM

[1] [23. Chat with your boss]

Cheryl was in her fourth year so she should have a fair idea of the places she wants to work in the future. And she sort of does. Sort of. After all, she is only fourteen and exploring. Lucky for her, they were offered a chance to experiment outside in different workplaces to not only earn some wage but also get a headstart when deciding careers. With so many options, only one made sense... something related to clothing, and Cheryl opted for somewhere close in the UK. She could have gone to Sweden but her family was traveling and the UK was the best option. Not to mention Saint Adams, her newest clothing place was looking for assistants. Knowing there were other students who were applying as well, Cheryl did not expect herself to get her first choice but when she did, she was thrilled. Dressing up in a formal jumpsuit she thought was appropriate summer wear as well as workplace wear, she made her way through the school-provided transportation and entered the Saint Adams store she had been to a few times. She was guided to the office where Cheryl knocked and smiled at the woman, the owner of the boutique. 

• Analise St. Adams likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 13 July 2021 - 08:27 AM

Ana looked up from her appointment book and immediately broke into a grin. The intern was on time and not only that, she was fashionable as hell. That was an incredibly important part of working at Saint Adams. They sold high end, custom clothing, so it was important that the employees looked high end as well. If the intern hadn't arrived in appropriate attire, as Ana had expected might be the case, she would have whipped an outfit up for her. Luckily that wasn't going to be an issue.

"Hello Miss Glazkov," Ana said politely, crossing around and approaching the young girl. She didn't look much older than maybe fifteen. "I love your outfit. Tell me, did you design it?" Ana was excited, wondering if she already had an interest in clothing design. She'd begun the hobby, then career, herself when she'd still been in school. "Oh, where are my manners? I'm Ana St. Adams, though just Ana will do nicely."

#5 OFFLINE   Cheryl Glazkov

Cheryl Glazkov

Durmstrang Transfer, Clairvoyant, Official Slytherin Alumna, Shop Assistant for Kira at Turning Torso, Fashion Designer

• Shop Assistant
  • 557 posts
  • LocationAngelholm

Posted 28 July 2021 - 03:20 PM

[2]

Cheryl had seen some of the outfits on her way inside and she was already sold on working here for the summer. Sure, she had applied but she hadn't been a hundred percent certain. Not wanting to be proud or anything but wizarding fashion in the UK wasn't always appreciated in her former school at Durmstrang or even the people she was around with. They were old-fashioned according to her aunt and didn't know a thing about style. Cheryl didn't have any personal opinions as it was only her first year at Hogwarts but she was a bit apprehensive. It all slipped away the moment she entered and she had to admit that her aunt was wrong all along. Maybe there were evolved wizards who did things better. "Thank you. No, I did not design it but my aunt did. She has a boutique in Sweden." Cheryl had some of her designs and she was hoping to work on them in the future as well but for now, the outfit wasn't made by her. "But I am really excited to work here. I love clothes, shopping, fashion in general and I think I'd be a great help." She was confident that once she set her heart into it, she could be a total perfectionist. "Nice to meet you, Ana. Is this store new? I have never heard of it." But she didn't live here so again, it would make sense.

#6 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:42 AM

Ana's brow lifted and she broke into a genuine smile and look of interest. "Your aunt? What's the boutique? I haven't been to Sweden much, but I love to see new shops. Anything with fashion is, obviously, up my alley." Ana would never steal design ideas, but it was easy to be inspired by other artists and designing clothing was most definitely an artform. It was a way to express yourself in so many aspects. "The store is about four years old, but we do custom designs so it's not like you would see many witches or wizards walking around with the same outfit to make us more widely recognized. Every item I sell is one of a kind. I won't recreate a design unless it is for a specific purpose - like a bridal party, for example." Ana gestured toward a nearby display. "Once an item is sold, that's the last of the design. I think that's what makes it special here. You know your purchase is just for you."

#7 OFFLINE   Cheryl Glazkov

Cheryl Glazkov

• Shop Assistant
  • 557 posts
  • LocationAngelholm

Posted 27 August 2021 - 11:59 AM

[3]

"It's called Kira... more of a Russian-centered brand so not many people outside of Sweden have heard." She told her supervisor. Cheryl herself had only visited shops around Diagon Alley or Sweden. She's never been outside of the two places, Russia once but her visit was for a few days and remained around the house. When Ana explained to her about the designs, her eyes lit up in excitement. It was such a cool idea. Any fashion lover who cared about their looks and the clothes they wore wouldn't want to have someone else wearing them. She knew not everyone cared but Cheryl's personal nightmare was showing up in an outfit that was even close to someone else's. Twinning was fun when the colors matched... not the clothes. "That's an amazing idea. I am sure that keeps your brand on the top." Although she was sure it was costly as well but those who could afford it, wouldn't think of money. It was just her personal thought. "I am looking forward to working with you. Where do you want me first?" Cheryl had some ideas but she was only fourteen and working under someone far more experienced would help her decide if this was the career she wanted to pursue.

#8 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 27 August 2021 - 04:42 PM

Ana made a slow, nodding gesture with her mouth slightly parted. "I see," she said softly. A smile brushed her lips while she added, "I like small boutiques. I'll keep that shop in mind if I'm ever in that area. Although, with my son it's been harder to travel. Between that and running this shop," Ana said loftily with a sigh. She loved being a mother, though, so there was no trade off just to go to Sweden to buy clothes. Eventually it would happen if she wanted it to.

"Thank you. I don't think muggle shops could manage the concept, but for us witches, it's not so bad. Especially true if you love it as much as I do. I work endlessly." Ana had soft bags under her eyes, which indicated the lack of sleep over the years. No amount of beauty routine or added sleep now would ever erase those signs.

"Do you have any designs of your own already? Are you looking to be an actual designer, or merely own a fashion shop and market the clothing?" Ana asked, figuring that was the best line of questioning to determine which direction Cheryl should go in.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users