Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Waiting

30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

Official Hufflepuff Alumna; Fashion Designer; Owner of Saint Adams

• Artist
  • Others: Adult, Hogwarts Professors Emeriti, Shopkeeper
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead
  • Wand Type:10 1/4" Vine with phoenix feather, supple
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:46 PM

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F20

Comfortable sofas are nested outside the fitting and appointment rooms. There is coffee and tea.

• Angelique Lee likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Angelique Lee

Angelique Lee
  • Adult
  • 17 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:49 PM

Angelique was very excited, she saw a post about a personal assistant available at Saint Adams. Putting on her best (https://images.app.g...oRvv23GPGC7Hkt6 ) outfit Angie could find, for she wants to make a good impression on the owner of the shop.

Angie made her way to the shop. Upon entering, her breath was blown away from the neat outlay of the shop. Taking a seat on the chair Angie now awaits to see if she can see the owner.

((RP interview))
  • Analise St. Adams likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:09 PM

Ana had been totally invested in her fashion line for years now, ever since being a student at Hogwarts and day dreaming about a day like this. She had spent so many days creating her own clothing and making alterations to her Hogwarts uniform. Even as a short-term professor, she had made her own custom robes and outfits. It was all worth the wait, too, because after working out of her apartment and taking over most of the space, she was able to afford a retail space in the Tinworth Arts Centre. She felt her clothing was like an art form, too. Everything was custom made and with the highest quality materials. For awhile Ana's assistant had been Vielka, but now she knew she would need to branch out a bit and hire additional staff. There was also the fact that she was quite pregnant now and there was no way she could get by without more help.

She had arranged an interview and was running a little late, which was mostly due to the fact that she had made three pit stops on her way from Holyhead. As she walked toward the waiting area of her shop, still thinking it was unbelievable that she had this space, she saw the woman already seated there and offered a kind and inviting smile. The woman was dressed smartly, but if Ana had any say in the matter she would take some time to dress the girl up, if she ended up hiring her of course. 

"Hello," she greeted with a nod. "I'm sorry I had you waiting. First you think you're ready, then suddenly you need the restroom - and then the thirst strikes, which is so contradictory... but in this heat, I don't know how anyone does it." Ana had a hand on her rotund belly, rolling her eyes. She hated being pregnant, despite how badly she wanted the child. "I'm Ana." she extended her hand to meet the woman properly.

(outfit)

#4 OFFLINE   Angelique Lee

Angelique Lee
  • Adult
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:51 PM

Angie was looking about the store, admiring the colors, the contrast, the clothing, all of it, as if in some kind of trance. She gave a little jump at the sound of the woman's voice. " No worries, I totally understand. I Am Angie. Nice to meet you." She said shaking Ana's hand in return.

"This store is so wonderful, have you been long into fashion? That dress looks amazing! Is it a boy or a girl?" Realized what she just asked she blushed "Sorry that was very unprofessional to ask about the bumb" Angie said pointing to Ana's tummy.

#5 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

Naturally Ana took Angie's comment to mean she had children too. "No apology necessary. It's a boy. Have you got children? I never knew this would be so hard." she gestured for Angie to follow her to her office and once there, took a seat in her comfortable chair. "You like the dress? Ever since I started showing, I felt the need to design my own maternity clothing. I don't think there are enough fashionable options available. I would love to include these designs in marketing so women know they can visit for alterations or custom designs. I am still young for the industry but I think that works in my favor. New ideas and all that. But I started designing when I was in school. Did you go to Hogwarts?" Ana looked politely at Angie.

#6 OFFLINE   Angelique Lee

Angelique Lee
  • Adult
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:51 PM

Angie was surprised that her comment on Ana's baby bump did not come off as offensive as she thought it would. Ana mentioned that it is a boy, "Oh that is wonderful, and sadly no I do not have any children of my own, but I do like kids very much." She answered her question about if she herself do have any children.

Ana talked about how she started designing whistle at school and that she would like to include maternity dresses in her range. "I think that would be a wonderful idea to have a range like the dress you are wearing now as it would be fashionable and every mom-to-be would look beautiful in a dress custom made just for them, depending on the stage in pregnancy." Taking a breath Angie do hope she is saying the right things to impress Ana.

Ana then mentioned Hogwarts. "Yes I have been there, but sadly only for my fist year, my dad who is the wizard in the family died at the end of my first year, so my mom thought it best to send me to a muggle school. But I still read a lot of wizard magazines to keep up with the experience needed to do magic"

Angie then gave Ana a reassuring smile.

#7 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:40 PM

Ana nodded slowly, thinking it was probably a good thing the woman had no children. Taking on this job would mean she needed someone who could be available at a moments notice and with kids, that wasn't possible. "I'm not really sure what it will be like after I have the baby... which is why it is so important I find help now." Ana explained, her hand still moving over her stomach in a slow way. She could feel him moving in there and it freaked her out hard core.

"That's exactly what I was thinking. So, here at Saint Adams I will offer entirely unique and custom designs. I won't make two of the same garment, unless of course it is for a special occasion for the same clients... such as for a bridal party or a family photo session. This is why every item in the store is different. If a client is interested in a particular item, I can make the appropriate alterations so that the piece fits them perfectly." Ana knew the vision of her store was quite different from other clothing shops and felt her vision needed to be communicated clearly if this woman were to be her assistant. "I'm not interested in mass producing."

Ana listened with interest, then concern, when Angie said she didn't finish her education at Hogwarts. Furrowing her brow, she said, "But without a formal education to the completion of your OWLs or wizarding level equivalencies, how have you been permitted to carry a wand?" Ana was quite perplexed about this.

#8 OFFLINE   Angelique Lee

Angelique Lee
  • Adult
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:11 PM

Angie knew she wants this job so badly, but this is only an first for her so naturally she is quite nervous. Glad to hear that she somehow said then right things about fashion, Angie gave Ana a smile.

Then came the question she hoped would never surface in a interview, the fact that she did not finished her wizard training at Hogwarts. "Well I know to have a wand in my possession I must have at least done my OWLs, I have actually spoken with Headmistress Logan through letters, and she agreed that I can do my Owls part time should I want to. And I want to." She said hoping that would answer Ana's question.

"I totally agree with you on the no mass producing, it would be so much better if the client would come in for a personal consultation on what style and what color she wants." Angie said hoping that this time she also said something to impress Ana.

#9 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:02 PM

Ana remained silent a moment, considering the situation. She wouldn't need Angie to do much magic necessarily, but it would be helpful to have a school-certified witch employed just to be sure if magic was necessary that the woman could perform it. Ana nodded slowly, figuring it made sense at least a bit. She didn't know all of the logistics behind those testing rules, but if Angie was going into it then she would trust the situation to be resolved. "Alright, so talk to me about any experience you have. Have you ever done this kind of work before? Clerical? The position requires the ability to balance and maintain financial records. I am, admittedly, horrible with numbers and money. I also need help booking appointments and scheduling consultations, and really just keeping me on my schedule. I've never been the most organized person." Ana had no trouble admitting this. Anyone who knew her personally knew this about her.

#10 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

HO Canon, Empathy, Official Hufflepuff Alumna, Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions Shop Assistant, Fashion Designer

• Shop Assistant
  • Others: Adult, Artist, Shopkeeper
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Wand Type:Pine wood with an Unicorn tail hair core, 10 ½" and Slightly springy flexibility
  • Nickname(s):Marbs, Marble
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 10 January 2022 - 02:42 PM

Internship RP with Analise St. Adams [1] - Outfit

EEK! Marley was beyond excited to be here! The days leading up to her first internship day were filled with anticipation. Professor Rothwell had hooked her up with Analise St. Adams, owner of Saint Adams. Of course Marley knew of the shop, she knew of every clothing store in the wizard world, in the UK at least. The shop was completely different than the Malkin family shop. Saint Adams only sold one of a kind pieces, while Madam Malkin's made multiples of the same piece. They made pieces themselves, but also bought pieces from other designers to display in the store. But Marley wanted Madam Malkin's to branch out once she graduated. She loved making her own pieces more and more, and hoped to set up her own line to sell at the store. A step in the road towards that point, was interning with a fashion designer. Marley put on a pair of jeans and a white blouse she made herself, one with ruffles that she thought would be somewhat close to the style of Mrs. St. Adams. "Hello?" She called as she opened the door of the store before sitting down in the waiting area until Mrs. St. Adams would show up. 

Edited by Marley Malkin, 10 January 2022 - 02:43 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 11 January 2022 - 08:18 AM

It wouldn't be the first time Ana accepted an intern from Hogwarts. The fact that she was best friends with Caleb, who happened to coordinate the interns, made it so that the connection was much easier. She liked having interns, actually, because the extra help made her day in the shop move more smoothly. It also meant she didn't have to pay for the help. Ana was working in her office, writing up an invoice for a client that had stopped by the previous afternoon to order a set of outfits for her wedding party. She heard the door chime and a voice call out, which she expected would be her intern because it was roughly the time the girl was meant to arrive.

Ana poked her head out of her office and grinned when she saw the young lady sitting near the front, where sofas were arranged. "Hi!" Ana called out brightly, walking crisply over to her. She was wearing a floor length, emerald velvet dress with a deep V cut down the back and a high neckline in the front. The dress had long sleeves and the material was warm considering how chilly it was outside. "I'm Ana - I'm honored to have a Malkin coming to my shop. You're looking forward to being a designer yourself?" Ana asked with interest.

• Marley Malkin likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

HO Canon, Empathy, Official Hufflepuff Alumna, Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions Shop Assistant, Fashion Designer

• Shop Assistant
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Wand Type:Pine wood with an Unicorn tail hair core, 10 ½" and Slightly springy flexibility

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:49 PM

[2]

Marley beamed when she saw Ana walk up to her. Her eyes first fell on the woman's dress, which was absolutely gorgeous, and fitted the woman really well. Obviously. Marley eagerly got up and extended her hand. "Nice to meet you. Thank you for having me." Marley said with big eyes before nodding. "I've been making my own clothes for a while now, first with my grandma's help of course. I love seeing how just a few pieces of fabric can come together to something people feel beautiful in." Marley said, reliving the feelings she felt of the customers she helped when they found something that made them absolutely stand out. They were happy, proud of themselves, Marley couldn't get enough of it. "I love your shop, the clothes are stunning."

#13 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:09 AM

Ana shook Marley's hand and nodded, smiling. "I know what you mean," she said, fully understanding and relating to how fabric came together to create something so beautiful. Her smile stretched to her eyes when Marley complimented the clothes in her shop. Glancing around, she sighed happily and said, "Thank you. I've worked really hard to build this place and I'm proud of what it's become." Turning back to Marley, Ana paused a moment in thought. Then she said, "I have to wonder what compels you to seek out an internship here instead of with your family. Not to seem too forward, but you've got an empire to your name already..." Ana was curious to know where her interest in Saint Adams came from, or maybe it was just that Caleb needed someone and Ana was the one who came to mind first. Maybe family was off limits.

#14 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

• Shop Assistant
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 January 2022 - 10:48 AM

[3]

Marley nodded in understanding. She understood the confusion that she showed up here, when her Grams had already taught her so much. And Marley already got to experience working in the family shop during school breaks. "I know, she has taught me all she knows. She's an excellent seamstress, and I admire the way she runs the shop. But your shop is so different, with all these one of a kind pieces. I wanted this internship to really focus on the designing, new trends." Marley started off. "One day I want to sell my own line at the store." It would be specifically aimed at young women like herself.

#15 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 31 January 2022 - 02:01 PM

Ana listened with a keen interest. If she had been raised in a family with an ancestor like Marley's, she probably would have celebrated the ability to learn from them. It sounded like Marley did have that experience, so it made sense that Marley might want to see the industry from a new perspective. Also it was rather touching that Marley saw how unique her shop was and that it would give her a learning experience. "Ah," she said when Marley told her that she wanted to design her own line of clothing. "Have you already started sketching and creating designs?" If she had, Ana would be deeply curious to look and even assist her in creating some to potentially sell during her internship.

#16 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

• Shop Assistant
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 February 2022 - 08:45 AM

[4]

Marley smiled and nodded when Analise asked about her starting designing already. "I made this blouse." Marley said, her face instantly brighting up when she talked about the clothes she designed. "I made dresses for the formal at school, and I run the costume department for the school's theatre club." Marley said proudly. "I have my sketchbook with your if you want to take a look?" Marley asked and reached down in her bag to pull out the book with sketches she had been working on since fourth year. 

#17 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 06 February 2022 - 09:08 AM

Ana assessed Marley's top, which she claimed to have created herself. It was a lovely, white number and the ruffles added an angelic touch. "It's beautiful. I would sell something like that here any day." Ana meant it, too. She wouldn't lie about anything like that. Being a former Hufflepuff herself, Ana valued honesty and genuineness. She took a spot next to Marley and looked down at the sketch book. "Brilliant. I'm glad you brought that. Why don't you show me your favorite designs?" Ana suggested, preferring to see the ones Marley was most proud of as opposed to flipping through the book for herself. She knew from experience that sometimes sketches didn't turn out the way you envisioned so she would want to see the ones Marley felt had the most potential.

#18 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

• Shop Assistant
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 February 2022 - 10:31 AM

[5]

Marley blushed when Ana complimented the blouse she was wearing. "Thank you, that means a lot." She said honestly. Marley knew some of her designs were ready for Madam Malkin's, but Saint Adams was a bit more high end than the family shop, and after all, it was different when a designer that wasn't your family told you they liked your designs. "Of course, I like these three." Marley said, instantly knowing the designs she wanted to show her. She handed her the book, flipping through the pages to show her the three pages she wanted to show her. "I made the first two, the third I still have to do."

One

Two

Three

#19 OFFLINE   Analise St. Adams

Analise St. Adams

• Artist
  • 1238 posts
  • LocationHolyhead

Posted 06 February 2022 - 01:45 PM

Ana peered down at the sketches with interest. Her eyes lit up, turning back to the first. "You've already made this? It's gorgeous... so elegant... did you make it in this shade?" Ana asked, eyes raking over the cut of the garment in the sketch. She could already picture some of her more frequent clients wearing something of the sort. The second article was quite different - simple chic. "Beautiful for the coming season," she noted when she looked it over. The final piece, Marley said she hadn't made yet, was the most stunning by far. "This... this would be gorgeous at a red carpet event." Ana paused, thinking, then looked curiously at Marley. "I have high end clients that purchase outfits for upscale parties and events. How would you feel about putting together that dress for one of them? Of course, it will have to be tailored to them specifically. I'm positive I know which client it would flatter the most."

#20 OFFLINE   Marley Malkin

Marley Malkin

• Shop Assistant
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 February 2022 - 04:46 PM

[6]

Marley nodded when Analise asked about the first design. "I really liked how it turned out, I wanted to mix the romantic tule with the more edge of the faux leather." It definitely started out as an experiment, but it turned out to be a successful one. It was still her favourite piece she ever made, costumes for the clubs she joined included. Marley's jaw dropped when Analise suggested to work on the third design together, and that they could probably sell it to one of her clients to wear to a red carpet event. It was big, major. Everyone knew that all the magazines covered celebrities' looks on the carpet, and always mentioned the designers. It could help her get connections she didn't have through grams. "I'd love that. I have been thinking about starting on it, but haven't figured out how to get the draping to stay like that." Marley said, knowing Analise could probably help with that. "I help tailor outfits back at Grams' shop, and for the drama club and cheerleaders as well."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users