Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Rehearsal Room

33 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Prof. Caleb Rothwell

Advanced Studies Professor, Career Counselor, Thespian Society Moderator, Wandless Magic & Occlumency, Animagus

• Governor
  • Others: Adult, Camp Counselor, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors, Slytherin Affiliate
  • 1752 posts
  • Wand Type:Hornbeam, Manticore Hair, 11 3/4 inches, Surprisingly Swishy
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:12 AM

Rehearsal-room2.jpg

Room can be booked by artists to practice dance, music or drama.

#2 OFFLINE   Twinkle Hennings

Twinkle Hennings

Official Gryffindor Alumna, Actress

• Artist
  • Others: Adult
  • 707 posts
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:06 AM

Internship RP: Nora Darcy & Sherlock Thorns

(Points to Hufflepuff)

Twinkle paced in the theatre room, swiftly clicking on the pad of her iPhone 12 Pro typing instructions to her twin for the flower settings she wanted for her wedding. She was stressed, having completed two shootings and made her way directly to the Tinsworth Art Center where the internship is to be held. She can’t understand why the internship can’t take place in France where they have more options than this center - arts and theatre flourishes there. There was no room for argument though and Twinkle found herself continuously pace back and forth as she awaits her interns and types on her phone. Her heels clicked on the ground land she pulled her denim jacket closer to her body due to the air conditioning temperature. She stopped by the two seats in front of her and reread the names of her intern.

outfit

(Ooc: it’s 3 PM in the afternoon)
  • Sherlock Thorns likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Sherlock Thorns

Sherlock Thorns

Elemental Magic-Fire, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Actor, Wandless Magic

• Artist
  • 1355 posts
  • LocationLondon, Diagon Alley
  • Wand Type:Bloodwood, chimaera mane hair core, slightly springy, 12"
  • Nickname(s):Sher
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 25 April 2021 - 06:02 PM

[#1]

Sherlock was bursting with energy. He was finally having that internship with a real actor, a real artist. Since a very long time now, he knew he wasn't made to become a jeweller or a watch maker, as his parents. He had tried many many times to tell them exactly that, but to say that they were deaf to his explanations and pleads was an understatement. And despite it, despite the pressure they both put on him, he couldn't let his dream fly away. He could breath better when he was on the stage, his eyes brighter, his heart beating faster. He felt alive.

As he grew older, as the graduation date drew closer, the chance to become who he wanted to be became... harder. He needed to do something about it, and that was one of the many reasons that he had chosen to do that internship. He needed to check if the reality matched the dreams he had about becoming an artist. He wanted to be an actor more than anything else in the world, but he needed to give good factual reasons why it could work, otherwise his parents would never hear  him out.

Excited, he arrived to the Tinworth Art centre, his heart beating fast. His supervisor was a well known actress, Twinkle Kapur. Sherlock have seen her in movies and plays and he was beyond elated to learn from her. He arrived right in time, 3pm sharp, looking good in his jeans and Thespian Club T-shirt. He had no idea if he was supposed to be alone with her or if another student would be joining, and right now, it had no importance.

He knocked on the door and entered, all smiles, "Hello, Miss Kapur", he said as soon as his eyes caught a glimpse of her, "I am delighted to make your acquaintance! I'm Sherlock Thorns, Gryffindor, your student! I cannot express how much I thank you for accepting to guide me in my dreams of becoming an actor!"

• Nora Darcy and Twinkle Hennings like this

#4 OFFLINE   Twinkle Hennings

Twinkle Hennings

• Artist
  • 707 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 03:39 PM

Twinkle’s rising star moment was in India where she’s done several Indian movies but she made sure to always take a few English and French scripts to create a diversity in her portfolio. It was easier being a half French citizen where she’s approached for roles easily - the world is growing in diversity and she likes how directors and casting teams prefer having their set filled with different cultures. She was still typing furiously on her keypad when the knock came and looked up expectantly as the students showed up - Twinkle was expecting both of them but was rather surprised to see just one, a friendly smile pulling the corner of her lips at the punctuality and presence. It didn’t matter as long as one of them came.

“Hello Sherlock, please call me Twinkle,” she twitched her head once to usher him in, her brown pearls reading his shirt and the positive attitude she got. “Pleasure is all mine. Have a seat, Sherlock. I am expecting the two of you but while Nora is to arrive, let’s get started.” she walked past him to a table and pulled her bag out where she has several scripts. “Tell me more of your interest in theatre and acting Sherlock? And What’s thespian society?” she asked him while at it, understanding the latter has to do with theatre.

Edited by Twinkle Kapur, 08 May 2021 - 03:40 PM.

• Nora Darcy and Sherlock Thorns like this

#5 OFFLINE   Nora Darcy

Nora Darcy

Beauxbâtons Transfer, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumna, Theatre Actor, Musician

• Artist
  • 1023 posts
  • LocationNew York City, USA
  • Wand Type:11 inches, Apple wood, Augurey tail feather, Supple
  • Nickname(s):Noreen, Darcy
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:56 PM

This was it! This was going to be her defining moment which will eventually help her reach exactly where she wanted - and Nora couldn't believe she had this opportunity right in her lap. You see, she had always been a lover of the arts, a big movie fan, someone who wrote her own songs and loved enacting any great scene. She knew what it meant to embody the spirit of someone else and feel their emotions enough to make them your own - play them to perfection. And she knew how to move. Everything about dancing, singing, acting..was levelled deep into that one small thing - emotions..and feeling them enough to be able to get that artistic expression out. That was what she loved about art - it made you feel things. And to be able to consider doing what she loved for the rest of her life was exactly what she could only hope for. It was a dream, ever since she had walked into those big theatres, heard of broadway and begged her brother to take her there - that she wanted to be one of them. She wanted to be up there, center stage, all eyes on her. She wanted to do this for a lifetime..and it all started here. Her first big break - a meeting directly with one of the actors, a quite known one in fact, and a chance to be interning under her.

Nora was dressed to her best, floral prints and a cute outfit - her lovely blonde hair on perfect waves, her make-up and accessory on point. If she knew anything, it was that first expressions mattered. And being an actor meant that people did care about your outwardly appearance and what kind of a personality you were representing. There was a confident smile on her lips and she had a spring in her steps as she made her way over to the rehearsal room. She had received an owl from Twinkle Kapur about the location of her meeting, and she had asked around a bit before she reached there - knocking lightly on the door before she opened her, her eyes wide as she took in the room. It was huge, and quite a glow up from the rehearsal room they had back in school. And then imagine her surprise, when her eyes landed on the middle to not only see the person she was supposed to meet, but another person - their Thespian lead over there.  "Sherlock?" She reacted, rather involuntarily because she had not been expecting anyone else to be a part of the internship. Let alone having to be with another talented actor from their school. She really wished this won't be a competition or anything because she was on good terms with the guy. She quickly recovered, composing herself as she walked in, a vibrant smile gracing her lips. "Forgive me, Ms. Kapur. I lost my way and had to ask around a bit to reach here.." She spoke, her voice ever the pleasant as she reached them and held out her hand to her supervisor. "I can't begin to tell you what a pleasure it is to be here and to be learning from you. I mean..I have seen your work and it is perfection!" There was a mild reverence in her voice, though she wasn't fangirling. She knew how to keep her emotions in check - every actor should. 

Outfit

Edited by Nora Darcy, 12 May 2021 - 03:56 PM.

• Sherlock Thorns likes this

#6 OFFLINE   Sherlock Thorns

Sherlock Thorns

Elemental Magic-Fire, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Actor, Wandless Magic

• Artist
  • 1355 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:02 PM

[#2]

Sherlock was on a cloud, he had approached the woman, not too much, but enough to be in the circle of social conversation, his eyes gleaming, and an overall expression of happiness. Happiness to be there, in front of this woman who had took time to guide young people as himself.

Sherlock did take a seat as he was encouraged to, listening to her. Apparently they were waiting for Nora, which did not exactly surprised him. After all, he was probably not the only student who had dreams of becoming actor or singer, or everything in between. Truth be told he was surprised that they were supposed to be only the two of them. « Ah? Nora? If I had known, I would have waited for her. I suppose she won’t be long... »

He smiled as she asked about his presence here, and he took a little time to think about it, how to articulate his feelings, «It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly one reason why I want to become an actor.... To be honest, when I’m on stage, and I incarnate a character, and I say their words and express their feelings, I feel alive. I feel that I was born to do this, that, it’s.. Yeah, it’s like a calling you see? It makes me happy, and at the same time, I know that I can do it. It’s the one thing I’m sure I can master, you see?” Sherlock wondered suddenly how she knew about the Thespian society and then realized that he had the T-shirt on him, admittedly, it was on of his favorite one... He chuckled, “Oh! The Thespian Society... Well, it’s like... the Drama club of Hogwarts. I’m one of the student moderator. We do plays and musical, one per year... It’s a great way to be on stage and act, and get some taste of what it feels like. Surely, it’s... like ... amateur-like, compared to yourself, but, it’s the best right now for me and our troop. We take things very seriously, and we do have singers, dancers, musician, and a whole crew who does everything from costumes to prop, lights and special effects. It’s quite something, really. You should see!” He finished, truly proud of all the work the members of the club had managed to achieve during the last three years.

That’s when suddenly Nora popped in. He gave her a acknowledging nod. She seemed surprised to see him there, and maybe there was more than just surprise in her behavior, but he didn’t show anything special. He looked at her as she introduced herself and she was totally fangirling, and he grinned, because, yes, he could understand that effect Twinkle had on them, and boy... How much did he want to be able to have that himself and to get people react towards him the same way! He turned to Twinkle wondering what they will do, what they would do....

Edited by Sherlock Thorns, 13 May 2021 - 10:03 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Sherlock Thorns

Sherlock Thorns

• Artist
  • 1355 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:24 PM

(( Extra rp for Actor Internship - single post - Spring 2021 Term ))

- You get to be an extra in your supervisor's performance. How do you feel? What is your role?

The incredible news had took Sherlock… not exactly by surprise per se, because he had worked hard to show is worth, and he was reliable and would work to his best… So yeah, he was excited and felt happy and eager to prove he could be amazing.

Sherlock didn’t necessarily liked easy parts in plays or musicals. He was not afraid to do hard parts, the ones that not  everyone liked but that was essential to the plot. Like the bad kid, or the obnoxious snob that didn’t care for others feelings. Even playing the bully sounded interesting to him.

Because it was hard, because it was raw. And Sherlock wanted to explore those feelings, he wanted to find the weakness and vulnerability that lied deep inside of him, and get from those the strength to give life to the character he was untrusted with. He really hoped to be able to give justice to the characters, to make them as “real”, realistic as possible.

So Sherlock was eager, excited, and… okay, sure, he was nervous, but the good kind of nervous: the one that pushes the adrenaline rush into your bloodstream and expand your universe, the kind that makes you do all the things you’ve always been afraid to do, but it makes you do it anyway. And your heart beats so fast, so strongly in your chest that you feel alive like never before!

CR: Worth 1 posts

- Your supervisor has given you an old script to prepare for an assignment. How do you get into your role? What's the script about? What's your role?

Once Sherlock got the old script, the first thing he does is reading it, in it’s entirety. Than he reads it again, trying to picture the characters in his mind, maybe even reading out loud, giving each of the characters voices and expressions… After doing that, he gets up and with the script in one hand, he paces the room, reading from it, trying to put himself in the role he was given….

Then comes the part where he learns his role. If he has lines, he works hard to learn the lines by heart, going as far as asking friends to give him the lines, and replies, doing this as often as needed. If the role is a specific one, like a genius, or someone with disabilities, or from another culture… he would go do some research, to try to picture the character the best possible, trying to avoid falling in exaggeration and black and white thinking.

In the end, the role he would have, especially in the beginning, would be important, for him, whatever it would end up to be. He would give it all his attention. But, yes, his role of choice, would be something that would not come necessarily easy for him, perhaps a character with ideas and opinions opposite to his? Something that challenges him.

- A big part of acting is body language. Your supervisor has instructed you to only use body language for the day. Are you frustrated? Will you end up communicating verbally?

That would probably be a very hard day for Sherlock: he’s so talkative! But as said previously, he loves challenges, so he would get into the exercise by pretending that he’s playing a mute or something of the kind.

He would force himself to get in contact with others, his friends, do his usual daily routine while avoiding talking, but he would do this, looking for ways to communicate nonetheless. With his facial expressions, with his hands “a la Italian”!  Staying silent all day long might be a real challenge, but he would do his best to make it happen!

CR: Worth 0 posts

- Stage actors often do their own make up. Recreate the look of your favourite part. 

Having a role on a theater, he imagine himself recreating a Shakespeare play, but with a modern twist. He would be a kind of emo boy, with heavy dark Smokey on his eyes so people far away can see his expression, a pale face that enlightens the lines of his make-up. He would have some lipstick or gloss on his lips, and dark nails done, so his hand motions have even more drama.

> his make-up look <

CR: Worth 0 posts

- Explain if you have a preference for acting on stage, movie or television

Sherlock can see interest in all those type of acting, but because he’s still young and full with hope, and has been influenced by the movies he saw in London, on the Muggle side, he would like to be revealed on the big screen. He would love to express himself in incredible creations that usually require a lot of means.

He feels he would like to try the various acting types, as they all bring different experience and skills. The precision and impromptu of the live experience in theater, in direct contact with the public… from the TV that allows a story to develop over seasons, giving a chance to character growing arcs, and interesting plots with twist over time… to the big screen for stories worked as pieces of arts, that talks to the many, that amazed and entertain… 

Edited by Prof. Caleb Rothwell, 20 June 2021 - 08:56 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   Twinkle Hennings

Twinkle Hennings

• Artist
  • 707 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:25 PM

— Internship Rp - Fall 2022 —

Twinkle was staying in France for the next few months, canceling on all her shooting schedules. She was getting married and it appears her sister can’t get one thing right without her presence. She was refraining from signing new projects for at least six months that will require her to stay in India, the ground for her career boost so when she was contacted for taking an intern, Twinkle readily agreed. UK wasn’t too far through apparition and she anyway had to visit a couple of shops there to finalise on her outfits. Deciding it was the best time to do so, Twinkle scheduled her first meet up with the intern at 12 PM on a Tuesday Morning at the Tinworth Art Center.

Lars Svensson - an aspiring actor, part of several stage plays. Not everyone who interned as an actor ended up becoming one. Twinkle thought if they saw the actual glamour of their life, they’ll be more encouraged but there wasn’t much she can do when locked within a certain country. However, they will have to make do with it. Twinkle has some plans in hand so she conducted this one on one meeting to get know her interns vision.

Tag: Lars Svensson
  • Lars Svensson likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Lars Svensson

Lars Svensson

Durmstrang Transfer, Clairsentience, Official Slytherin Alumnus, Actor, Sundaze Keyboardist

• Artist
  • 1227 posts
  • LocationÄngelholm
  • Wand Type:13", Dogwood with Chimaera Mane Hair, Swishy

Posted 30 September 2022 - 07:52 AM

Tinworth. It was his first time setting his feet in this village, and to his surprise, it kind of reminded him of his house in Sweden, especially the beaches and other notable characteristics of a coastal city, but less busy and noisy than his hometown. Although he was aware that Tinworth appeared to be the art center of the wizarding communities in the UK, living in London between the muggles where it provided more familiar forms of entertainment, he had never considered visiting the place until today. Miss Kapur, his supervisor for the internship, suggested meeting in the rehearsal room around the arts center. She had been a professional actress for a while and meeting her was one of the highlights of his final year.

Even after four years of acting with the thespian club, it still felt strange to actually consider acting as a career. If he told his younger self he was taking this path instead of focusing on his family business, he probably wouldn't believe him. As the first child of a wealthy businessman, he was expected to succeed his father from birth. Thanks to their ‘ideal’ relationship, Lars refused to do so. Come to think of it, signing up for that movie activity was actually a whim, who would’ve expected it to turn out to be a real-thing in the end. He should probably thank that 13-year old Lars, for providing him another option for his future. And to himself for actually liking what he was doing even if it took most of his free time at school.

He arrived early that day because he didn’t have any classes other than the internship and astronomy, and spent his time wandering around the arts center for a bit, particularly the talent management, which he would need after graduating, and the theater to see if there was any play scheduled for that day, in case he was allowed extra time to stay and watch. When it was about fifteen minutes before twelve, he made it to the rehearsal room. Miss Kapur had already arrived. Perhaps he should've just gone straight to the rehearsal room earlier instead of wandering around and made her wait. “Good morning.” He greeted her as he invited himself in. “I’m Lars Svensson. Thank you for making time for the internship despite your busy schedule.” He assumed she knew who he was from the internship form, but it felt better to have a formal introduction.

• Twinkle Hennings likes this

#10 OFFLINE   Twinkle Hennings

Twinkle Hennings

• Artist
  • 707 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 10:18 PM

While she waited for the intern to arrive, Twinkle paced around the studio, tapping her cellphone on her palm - the bars were empty indicating no signal and she wondered what happened to her phone within seconds. It was working when she was —

Realisation of being in a wizarding dwelling of Tinworth hit her and the woman sighed, sweeping her hair behind. She’s got to attend a casting call in two hours - by the time the internship will be over for the day but it will be handi to have a working phone. Alas, nothing can be down since wizarding signals collided with muggle ones dimming all sorts of electrical or satellite signals - she will have to makedo without them. Twinkle didn’t have time to dwell on the issue as the door opened and income the boy she was interning. She didn’t know him but there was only one student she was interning and was quick to assume him as Lars. The boy made it easier when he introduced himself, deeming her assumption correct.

“Hi Lars, that’s not a problem.” she greeted him back with a friendly smile, slipping the iPhone in her jeans back pocket as she walked closer to him, heels clicking. “I am Twinkle - I am going to be your supervisor for this internship. You might not have seen me often as I work in the Bollywood industry but I will be helping you in your path to become an actor.” she informed him, walking to the pantry shelf that was a couple of steps in the opposite direction and waved her wand to get the water to warm up. “But you have to help me out a little. When you say actor, where do you see yourself? There are stage plays, theatre - the obvious choice of magical folks who don’t want to work in the muggle world. They prefer doing plays rather than stepping directly on the silver screen. So which path are you aiming to follow? Coffee?” she asked him the final question picking two disposable cups from the shelf.

#11 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

French Canon; Soleil Alumnus; Musician & Producer

• Artist
  • 1013 posts
  • Wand Type:Long and magicky
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 01 February 2023 - 12:34 AM

Internship — Astrid Rhys

Eric was at it again. Back on the internship cycle. He'd been getting a lot of them these past few years, and it was nice seeing so many students taking an interest in the arts. He knew from experience that many parents did not consider it a respectable pursuit, or even a real career. And while yes, this field typically didn't come with a guaranteed schedule and paid benefits, it was possible to make it if you had the talent and drive to push through the slog. Eric may be more successful these days as a producer and lyricist than as a musician and performer, but that success had afforded him more opportunities to use his musicianship. He'd built a name for himself behind the scenes in the music industry, so that granted him more performance opportunities than he'd ever had before he turned to producing. While he tended to receive interns who were interested in music production, Astrid here was assigned to him under the guise of being a musician. So, while he was still in Tinworth for the occasion, he left his work in the production studio behind and relocated to the rehearsal room. This would be a more fitting setting for their meeting, outfitted with a plethora of standard instruments, and with a design that lent itself to great acoustics. The large space dwarfed him a little as he sat there on his swivel bench. He absently plucked at his guitar, letting the minutes trickle by while waiting for the girl to arrive.

• Astrid Rhys likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Astrid Rhys

Astrid Rhys

Telekinesis, Official Gryffindor Alumna, Musician, Songwriter

• Artist
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Wand Type:Cedar & Floo Powder, 10 1/2inchs
  • Nickname(s):Little Fox

Posted 01 February 2023 - 08:03 AM

-1-

Astrid was a bit nervous as she was now getting older at Hogwarts, which meant that she was having to start thinking about her career. Music was something she had obviously been passionate about for some time. It was the first term at hogwarts when she first got to learn a guitar. It was a lot of fun and frustrations at the same time. It was later when she realized how far she had come in playing. Even a few years ago she took a class helping her with her music in the summer. Writing her own song, making the art to go on the front and then the performance at the end. Made it a spectacular class.  

Putting in for the internship she began to wonder who she would get for the  program when she got the message it was Eric de Lapin. The same man that had given her that amazing class in the summer. Getting her instructions, she traveled to Tinworth art center where she was told to meet him. Walking in she got a bit lost at first when she heard some plucking of the guitar. Following the faint sounds she found the man she was looking for. "Eric?" she said as she approach the person she thought she was going to be working with. 

• Eric de Lapin likes this

#13 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

• Artist
  • 1013 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 01:36 PM

Though he was currently tending to other duties, his work was still swirling around in the back of his mind. Notes drifting around, and a mental task list rearranging itself every few minutes. After his mentoring session, he'd be back in the studio to finish up the bridge of a song he was producing. The single had a weekend deadline, so he was looking to get that finalized sooner rather than later. He tried not to pull too many all-nighters now, even if it was occasionally unavoidable. And there certainly was no excuse to be pulling any in January, of all times. He and Scarlet didn't live together, so it wasn't like he had anyone to go home to, but all-nighters were rough on his aging body. He wasn't a spry 20 year-old anymore who could purely run on espresso and fumes.

The man was taken from his thoughts at the sound of a voice, and his focused to see a girl coming in. "Astrid. Come on in. You can shut the door behind you. We've got the space booked, but it's best not to invite any interruptions." He nudged his chin towards one of the other chairs. "Have a seat. How are you? I believe you were in my summer class, were you not?" He couldn't say he remembered names, but he could faintly conjure up the image of certain faces, and hers looked familiar.

• Astrid Rhys likes this

#14 OFFLINE   Astrid Rhys

Astrid Rhys

• Artist
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 February 2023 - 02:14 PM

-2-

Astrid knew if her parents found out she was going after music as career they would kill her. I mean it! They were not people to play around with as they were dark wizards who tortured her as a baby. Which is why she is staying away from them as she pushed herself into her music. The next step was this internship which she was going to rock at she just knew it! So as she walked in to see the man that had taught her over the summer, she could feel herself relax as he was just that kind of a teacher. Shutting the door she then walked over to him which there was a chair close to him. Taking it she smiled "I am okay, hoping I can do well at this like in the summer" she said honestly. There were some days she felt awesome at music as she had all the muse to write and play, but then others she would have dry spells. "Yes your class was so much fun and I got to make a song too" she said beaming. It was one of the first times she had thought about music as a career. "So what will we be doing in this internship? More like we did in the summer?"

#15 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

• Artist
  • 1013 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 10:30 PM

As far as internships went, Eric believed his to be a piece of cake. You weren't stuck doing paperwork or small menial tasks around whatever office, and the work was creative. Nothing complicated about it. He had yet to "fail" any students under his charge, even in production and songwriting. Astrid was very unlikely to be the first. "I'm glad you enjoyed it, but if I recall, you finished that class with a high mark. So as long as you show up, you'll be fine," he assured her, waving his hand dismissively. She came to sit, and the man leaned both of his arms on the top of his guitar. "In part, yes," he replied to her question. "A large part of it is allowing you the space to ask any questions you might have. But aside from that, we'll get to jam a little, I'll introduce you to some of the other music executives in the building, and I'll get you accustomed to performing in a music venue, with all the bells and whistles. We've got an auditorium here, so it'll make for good practice for when you get gigs of your own." Eric straightened in his seat and leaned back slightly. "For now I'd just like for us to chat. I've picked up on a few things based on the work you produced in my class, but I'd like to get to know you better as a musician. Do you write your own music, or do you tend to perform other people's material?" he asked. There was no right or wrong answer; her response would just inform where he carried things from here.

• Astrid Rhys likes this

#16 OFFLINE   Astrid Rhys

Astrid Rhys

• Artist
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 February 2023 - 07:43 AM

-3-

Nodding her head, she knew that Eric was probably right after all. In the summer she had gotten one of the top remarks in the class so why would this be any different? But taking a seat it seemed Eric had a lot of things he had in mind for her which made her heart race. This was all so amazing how could it be real? She was going to get to meet executives...this could help her so much!!!!! A big ole grin came on her face as the subject turned to herself and the music she liked to do. Reaching in her pocket she pulled out a little notebook with lyrics written in it. "I like to write my own....I mean I don't know if they are any good but I do spend time writing the lyrics and then the melody behind it." Pausing for a moment her heart had not had the time to settle down at all as showing her songs to people meant a big deal. It was a if they had a direct line to seeing into her own heart and mind. "I also like to play covers of others songs as well, that was how I learned before I took your class." Her smile was one of soft gentleness. Eric's class was probably one of the best classes she had ever taken. It pushed her as a musician in ways she had never explored before.

#17 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

• Artist
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 05:28 PM

Astrid explained that she wrote her own music, producing a notebook from the depths of her clothing, which explained her ease in his summer class. "So you'd be looking at becoming a singer-songwriter, then. That's good; it means you'll have to rely on less people during your creative process. And should you choose to pivot to songwriting full-time, then that affords you the opportunity." Just like him. Now he was healthily paid and kept busy by writing and composing other people's songs. But it wasn't the path for everyone. Some truly craved being up on a stage and having the limelight on them and only them. "So when you picture your future as a musician, what does that look like? Ideally, I mean." Some dreams simply weren't realistic, but that's what he was here for. To indicate what was possible, and how she might realistically go about achieving those dreams. At her age, had you asked if that question, he would have told you he'd be touring stadiums and playing on radios all over Europe, but as he'd matured and found his success to be very moderate, his desires had shifted. He'd become much more involved in the writing and composing aspects of things, because even if you weren't booking many gigs, you could always continue to create. A lot of his time had been dedicated to song creation, even if many of those songs had never been completed or seen the light of day.

• Astrid Rhys likes this

#18 OFFLINE   Astrid Rhys

Astrid Rhys

• Artist
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 March 2023 - 07:26 PM

-4-

Astrid didn't know what Eric was going to say to her at first when it came to her writing her own music. But she felt like she could breathe a lot more when he told her that was good.  I mean there was no reason it would be bad but Astrid had had a lot of bad stuff happen in her life. So until something proved elsewise, she held her breathe as she just did. "That is good to know" the future felt like a confusing place to even know where to begin, which is why she signed up for this internship in the first place. But then Eric's next question got her thinking. Feeling emotions come up inside of her, she held her hands together in front of her "I see myself touring, playing my music where ever they will have me.........playing both covers and my own songs to get the people singing along." That was when she teared up a little bit as the emotion overwhelmed her a bit as it was a powerful dream of hope that she could turn her life around from this horrible thing she had been apart of! "I dream of people singing along to my songs and maybe even finding bandmates" she said hopeful. Maybe it wouldn't happen and she would be a solo act but nonetheless she would play her music at least. 

#19 OFFLINE   Eric de Lapin

Eric de Lapin

• Artist
  • 1013 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 11:01 PM

The music industry was a complex thing to navigate, so Eric gave her ample time to process everything he said. Even so, what he told her was barely just scratching the surface. Much of the ropes were learned when you were in the thick of things, experiencing it all for the first time. After a moment, Astrid produced an answer to his follow-up question. Based on the response, Eric noticed a stronger emphasis on the performance aspect of things than the creative behind-the-scenes facet of it. It was about getting her work out there and connecting with an audience to her. But she revealed a last detail at the end that changed the perspective on things a little. "A band, hm? A band's dynamic is very different from when you're solo. You have others you can draw upon for strength, and others who can bear part of the load so it does not all weigh down on you alone. But it's also an environment ripe for discord and warring egos. Finding talented musicians is only half of the battle, because a successful band will be composed of people who genuinely get along with one another, and who's values and opinions align. That's why many bands are formed from groups of childhood friends. Those things come built into the group already." Eric himself had never been through the rigamarole of being in a band, but he'd seen enough come through his studio to understand the factors at play. "It is my understanding that you partake in Hogwarts's student band. Do you envision yourself forming a group with any of your peers? It's a perfect hunting ground for bandmate candidates. So if you genuinely are seeking to formally form a band in adulthood, I'd advise you to keep your eyes and ears alert when it comes to the individuals who already surround you." It got increasingly more difficult to find people the older you got. 

• Astrid Rhys likes this

#20 OFFLINE   Astrid Rhys

Astrid Rhys

• Artist
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 March 2023 - 07:17 AM

-5-

One of the many reasons she even was doing this internship was the fact that she wanted some direction or advice on what was good ideas or what might not be. She was only sixteen after all! So even if something was a idea of hers she knew that would change as she learned and grew in finding what made her happy! Eric seemed very wise so she made sure to listen when he talked about the difference a band would make. Nodding along as he spoke she had not thought about all of this before as the only band she was apart of was one at Hogwarts. They were all just young musicians in a silly band that played for a talent show....it wasn't like they were touring or famous at all. "Well most of the other students I played with are now off doing other careers.....so I don't think so. I mean" she said as she paused to think "I don't to be in a band but if I even found another guitarist to play with it might be fun from time to time" she looked at him curiously. Austin was off being a potioneer and then Ryker was super busy she never saw him anymore. "Austin, Ryker and I ....well we were a band for a while but then we all got busy and life you know!" 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users