Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Can I Change My Year?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Delilah Alexandre

Delilah Alexandre
  • Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • 178 posts
  • LocationHogwarts
  • Wand Type:Laurel wood with unicorn hair, 12 ½" and surprisingly swishy flexibility
  • Nickname(s):Lila
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:53 AM

So, I'm currently a first-year, because, well I'm new, I just joined (and still quite disoriented lol) but I was wondering: Can I change my year at Hogwarts? You know, advance to a fourth year if I wanted to take those classes, wanted to roleplay AS a fourth or fifth year. I don't want to be roleplaying as an eleven-year-old, or is the label just an indicator of how long a person's been on HO?

P.S. Not very related--but I know HO is undergoing a reform, but I'd like to join classes, but none are available and apparently I registered at the end of the "school year." When will they be available again?

#2 OFFLINE   Prof. Alaina Balthazar

Prof. Alaina Balthazar

Hufflepuff Alumna; Nonverbal Magic; Hufflepuff Affiliate

• Portrait
  • Others: Adult, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors Emeriti, Hufflepuff Affiliate
  • 12449 posts
  • LocationHolyhead, United Kingdom
  • Wand Type:10 Inch | Alder | Unicorn Core | Slightly Springy
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

Welcome to HO!

All new student accounts have to start as a first year. The only way you can start a student in a higher year is if you take on a Senior Year Student at Durmstrang or a student canon at either Hogwarts or Durmstrang (or a French student canon, and you'd pick the school they go to), but there are stipulations about how long you have to have been a member/been active before you're allowed to apply for those. So I'm sorry to say that you'll have to stay as a 1st year until you've earned 3 Quills to move up to 2nd year, then 3 to move up to 3rd, etc. To graduate and become an alumni, you need 15 Quills and to have passed 3+ OWLs and 3+ NEWTs.

You haven't joined during a reform so much as a term break. There are 4 terms per year, and we've just come off Winter Term about a week ago. Enrollment for Spring Term classes will open around April 5th.

• Deidré Greeff-Montespan and Prof. Heidi Haven like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users