Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2021 VirteQ

Photo

Pottermore!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
385 replies to this topic

#361 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

Congratulations! JinxFlame126 is adding both of you, if she hasn't already.

#362 OFFLINE   Roxanne Weasley

Roxanne Weasley

Gryffindor Alumna, Hogwarts Canon, Owner of Quality Quidditch Supplies

• Shopkeeper
  • Others: Adult
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

WHY? WHY? WHY? I finally have my welcome email!!!!! But I'm not that great about it... Okay so it's beeen a while since I reallllyy want to get in but now, I can't! I have papers due!!!! I need to study for all my subjects!!!! Next week is gonna be busy and I might get distracted by pottermore. I'm not sure what to do right now sleep.gif

#363 OFFLINE   Prof. Dakota Kane

Prof. Dakota Kane

Former Governor of Hogwarts Online

• Portrait
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

Roxanne I say do Pottermore up until you are sorted then stay away from it until you aren't so busy lol

#364 OFFLINE   Roxanne Weasley

Roxanne Weasley

Gryffindor Alumna, Hogwarts Canon, Owner of Quality Quidditch Supplies

• Shopkeeper
  • Others: Adult
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

^^^ Hehe.. Yep that's what I'm gonna do. I'm done getting sorted! http://i51.tinypic.com/5f0n7p.gif I'm in....... RAVENCLAW! biggrin.gif Yep... I'm really happy! The other houses are not bad actually (I'm fine with any house but Ravenclaw is the house that I love more). I didn't choose an answer that I think will lead me to the house I want but the answers that really 'speaks' to me because I want to know which I really belong so weeehhh... My charrie's writer is really a true Ravenclaw then... smile.gif I'm not that surprise since ever since most of the quizzes I took tells me to be a Claw (sometimes Puff) and I really don't think I belong to the other houses since I'm not brave (errr), not that nice/loyal/goodfinders ( I'm sometimes mean! tongue.gif ) and definitely not ambitious, cunning, etc...

#365 OFFLINE   Katheryne Jane Henley

Katheryne Jane Henley
  • Slytherin 7th Year
  • 903 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

Look's like this girl is actually really a Puff. Oh well. Darn that potion can't seem to get it right!

#366 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

Yeah..... stupid potions. And puffs aren't bad!

Roxy....... when I took the quiz, I chose the honest answers, but I was about 99% certain I was getting Ravenclaw. Funny thing, about half the online quizzes put me in Gryffindor, but I'm really NOT brave.

#367 OFFLINE   Nathalie Deveraux

Nathalie Deveraux
  • Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

Oh wow. *waving to all Slytherins in Pottermore* bonjour all! biggrin.gif oh, and i still screw up on Potions. darn! (oh and add me if you haven't, ScarletRune128....

#368 OFFLINE   Angel Carriedo

Angel Carriedo

Loki Alumna,

• Adult
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

The "Back" button glitch is useful if you want to save yourself the horrors of blowing up cauldrons again and again. tongue.gif

#369 OFFLINE   Markus Christov

Markus Christov
  • Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

I still haven't gotten my letter... I think my email screwed up ...

#370 OFFLINE   Irina L. Hunter

Irina L. Hunter

Owner of Mousehole - Ottery St. Catchpole

• Shopkeeper
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

I finally got the hang of potions but haven't tried it again and spells is rather . . . um . . . weird!

#371 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

I just got my letter! AW YEA! *victory fist pump*

#372 OFFLINE   Tallulah Brimstone

Tallulah Brimstone

Loki Alumna

• Adult
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

Gryffindor through and through! ShieldMoonstone135 http://i53.tinypic.com/t6sfwk.gif

#373 OFFLINE   Prof. Dakota Kane

Prof. Dakota Kane

Former Governor of Hogwarts Online

• Portrait
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

Due to high levels of demand, we are currently restricting access to Pottermore. Please come back and try again later. - This why I haven't went on there the past week or two cause i keep getting that stupid message.

#374 OFFLINE   Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Founder of HO - Governor for Life

• Governor
  • Others: Head Professor
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Okay, so looking at the Pottermore Beta Survey this was my last comment to them:

I would really like to be able to OWL my friends letters. I mean, whats the point of having the friend feature if you cant even owl them? Also, I dont like the common room comment area. There are so many guidelines on what i can and can not post, that ive given up even trying. IF i just want to say hello to a new person it censors me. Which does get rather annoying. I ended up spending more time on our common room face book page then in my actual common room. ALSO, i'd love to see us have YEARS. For every 3000 house points we earn bump us up a year. So there are 1st years, 2nd years... that sort of thing. It would actually give us something to WORK towards, a personal goal to reach.

Now, looking at Pottermore overall, I think its an innovative fun way to re-experience the Potter series but I honestly thought it would be a bit.... more. As a HUGE fan of Harry Potter, one who spends everyday dedicated to one of the largest Harry Potter Rps for over 6 years of my life, to the point where i actually teach classes at the rp school i was just looking for....MORE. I guess, i found pottermore a little lacking in that there is really and honestly not all that much to do.

SO my question is, after the months of hype and all the issues, what do you guys really think of pottermore?

#375 OFFLINE   Prof. Aleksander Maslov

Prof. Aleksander Maslov
  • Banned
  • 809 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

Complete agreement, Pottermore was made out to be this HUGE awesome experience, and it's kind of turned into a boring flop of a site. Yes it has a bunch of information, yet a lot of it is old repeat information, and it is just a recap of the books. The dueling was fun and then they shut it down the first week in and haven't reopened it at all. So I have found the entire thing to be lacking and haven't even been getting on it.

Honestly HO has more to do and a lot more fun going on in it than Pottermore, which is an oddity since Pottermore was created by J.K. Rowling you would figure the author of the books would have put I don't know, just MORE into it to make it an epic compliment to the books and series and a unique and fun experience for everyone, but it just feels like a recap so the books with some flash games along the way. Most of which you can find mimics of online, I've played potion brewing games similar to the one they have and spells ones as well. No clue on the dueling I only got to try it once and the next day it was down and has remained down. Pottermore to me was just a huge disappointment, after month and months of waiting and staying up until 4 a.m. to get a beta membership and get in early.

Edited by Prof. Aleksander Petrov, 21 October 2011 - 01:06 PM.

#376 OFFLINE   Andrew Bishop

Andrew Bishop
  • Adult
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

I guess it's a good thing I didn't try to get in early. See I DO have good intuition!! Yay me!!

#377 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

Any word on when it will be opened to the rest of the world? :/

#378 OFFLINE   Irina L. Hunter

Irina L. Hunter

Owner of Mousehole - Ottery St. Catchpole

• Shopkeeper
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

I was reading about that last night, sometime next year. You can read more updates at http://insider.pottermore.com

#379 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

boooo. I have been checking the insider every few days. How annoying!

#380 OFFLINE   Revan Yakuza

Revan Yakuza
  • Adult
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

I could very well get lynched for saying this but my own personal opinion of Pottermore is it's stupid & a waste of time. The books are over, the movies are over, honestly what's left? Granted my opinion is pretty biased because I'm no longer a fan of the series anymore, not because I think the material sucks(obviously not I've been on this site like 6 years or some ridiculous number) but mainly because it's not interesting anymore. It's just repeated information and material on a webstie, so forgive me if I don't understand the craze of the site. I think Rowling's time would be better suited to write new material than waste time on this website, but again it's just personal biased opinion of a fan who got burned out on the same material being repeated like a Seinfeld re-run.

Edited by Revan Yakuza, 04 December 2011 - 04:10 PM.