Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Pottermore!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
385 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Fedora Middleton

Fedora Middleton
  • Ravenclaw 5th Year
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

Ok as you guys may or may not know J.K Rowling has opened Pottermore wih more information o how to get in early!!!And this would beee....the magical quill!Yes,you heard me right we have to track down the magical quill!Now as it says on Pottermore:

The Magical Quill detects the birth of magical children and writes their name down in a large book. To find out if your name is in the book, you need to find The Magical Quill and then submit your registration details on Pottermore.

That is exactly what it says the magical quill is!Now on more what we have to do is:

The Magical Quill detects the birth of magical children and writes their name down in a large book. To find out if your name is in the book, you need to find The Magical Quill and then submit your registration details on Pottermore.

There will be a new clue every day, and each clue will relate to a different book in the Harry Potter series. On Day 1 the clue will relate to Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, on Day 2 the clue will relate to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and so forth. The clues will also vary in difficulty. On Days 1-3 the clues will be harder, and on Days 4-7 the clues will be easier.(From the Pottermore Insider)

To find The Magical Quill, you need to solve the clue and add the answer to the end of the web address http://quill.pottermore.com/ This will lead you to a website where The Magical Quill will be located while early access places are available. The Magical Quill’s location will change every day.(Also from the Pottermore Insider)

Again her exact words!Now I know most of you want to ask where the clue is but it's not posted. sad.gif On the official Pottermore blog it says:The first clue will be at an unannounced time on the 31st.So yeah we are gonna have to wait. sad.gif

Now the main reason I created this topic so we can discuss,talk,and share what we would like to see in Pottermore!Also if you find out the clue does come up post it here so we all have a great shot at getting on early!!

Now to celebrate this ocassion with some pictures!!!So we can all see the awesomeness of this site!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

If you find anymore screenshots.Please post them!!

#2 OFFLINE   Will Gryffin

Will Gryffin
  • Gryffindor 7th Year
  • 599 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:26 AM

I'm already registered and validated. I'm just waiting on the email that will let me in early, if they pick me. biggrin.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Jason Makintire

Jason Makintire
  • Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

I'm also registered and got the email to validate
user posted image
i took this photo, it happens after you log in or validate your account.

#4 OFFLINE   Angel Carriedo

Angel Carriedo

Loki Alumna,

• Adult
  • 3708 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

What time do they start announcing when the Magical Quill is up? I'm in the GMT + 8 timezone so IDK what time it officially starts, and even I myself am not sure if the main site is located in England or America so I'm muddled as to what time I should get online and look for that clue. Bleargh!

/frustrated

#5 OFFLINE   Jason Makintire

Jason Makintire
  • Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:36 AM

i didnt know what time so i googled it, and people said at 8 am british (GMT) so i checked at 11 AM my time and saw the clue.
but tomorrow is going to be a different time.

Edited by Jason Makintire, 31 July 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   Leilani Bridges

Leilani Bridges

Gryffindor Alumna

• Adult
  • 1235 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:04 AM

I got up too late and I missed it sad.gif

#7 Guest_Jack Van Gogh_*

Guest_Jack Van Gogh_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

I am still waiting for my bloody email >.<

#8 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

Ahh! I completely forgot about it! For shame! I work all day tomorrow, too.

#9 OFFLINE   Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Ravenclaw Alumna

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2949 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

That rather ticks me off. What, must I get up at 1AM just to try and find the bloody quill? I got on Pottermore literally the first thing this morning and today's chance was already closed! >.< 7 Books, 7 Days, 7 Chances. But they should seriously take into account that people all around the world want in and not everyone lives in the same timezone. It is unfair to those who are still sleeping when the daily chance is opened. sad.gif

#10 OFFLINE   Fedora Middleton

Fedora Middleton
  • Ravenclaw 5th Year
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

UGH!I can't believe I frickin' missed it!And ya know the time I set my alarm for was supposedly the time it came out!!I can't believe I did that!I am staying up allll night tonight just so I don't miss it!!Curse all you people who are already on!!!

Edited by Fedora Middleton, 31 July 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   Bellini Emilia Ava Greco

Bellini Emilia Ava Greco

Ravenclaw Alumni

• Adult
  • 327 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

they're going to take into consideration the different time zones by releasing the clue at different times, since some people would be sleeping when it was released today so it might be released like midday tomorrow for them and evening or middle of the night for others

#12 OFFLINE   Kyla Weasley

Kyla Weasley

Ravenclaw Alumni

• Adult
  • 1812 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yeah the clue was released at 3 am CST. I managed to get in so it was worth staying up late. But for those that are going to try for the clue tomorrow, keep your chamber of secrets book nearby. Anyway, I'm super excited, apparently anyone who registers during the magical quill period gets to be a beta tester, though it might take a couple weeks to get the email.

#13 OFFLINE   Peter Dereks

Peter Dereks
  • Hufflepuff 5th Year
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

I stayed up almost all night but I got to the clue solved it and registered and got my validation email all in about 6 minutes which is the fastest that I know of. Did anyone get through quicker? Anyone still waiting? Also I hear yahoo's having trouble getting the emails through so I would suggest not using a yahoo email to get through if your trying for the next 6 days.

#14 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

*wrong charrie* tongue.gif

Arrgh! got up late, forgot about pottermore(which I dont think is even possible) and couldn't register! Bad, bad writer... tongue.gif

#15 OFFLINE   Fred Weasley II

Fred Weasley II

Hogwarts Canon, Hogwarts Drop Out, Puddlemere United Keeper, Co-Owner of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Shopkeeper
  • 7694 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

I'M GETTING INTO POTTERMORE! biggrin.gif

Peter, my email took like, an hour or two to come. But, I just validated about 15 minutes ago, see? biggrin.gif

user posted image

AHHH I'M SO EXCITED biggrin.gif

Edited by Fred Weasley, 31 July 2011 - 12:18 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Founder of HO - Governor for Life

• Governor
  • Others: Head Professor
  • 2100 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

O.O at 3am i was at work YEESH. that sucks but oh well LOL

#17 OFFLINE   Fedora Middleton

Fedora Middleton
  • Ravenclaw 5th Year
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

i feel like a loser now!So many people made it through!God!I had to ignore my alarm didn't I???Well it's gonna be an all nighter for me!But with my luck they'll end up announcing it when it's like 1 pm my time...But congrats to all those who made it through!Im rereading the whole Chamber of Secrets book tonight so I know everything!Mwhahahah!!!

#18 OFFLINE   Kyla Weasley

Kyla Weasley

Ravenclaw Alumni

• Adult
  • 1812 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Peter Dereks @ Jul 31 2011, 11:52 AM)
I stayed up almost all night but I got to the clue solved it and registered and got my validation email all in about 6 minutes which is the fastest that I know of. Did anyone get through quicker? Anyone still waiting? Also I hear yahoo's having trouble getting the emails through so I would suggest not using a yahoo email to get through if your trying for the next 6 days.

Mine came straight after I registered, maybe like 2 minutes max. My guess is people who got there validation email super quick are going to be some of the first beta testers.

#19 OFFLINE   Angel Carriedo

Angel Carriedo

Loki Alumna,

• Adult
  • 3708 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

Okay, so scratch Yahoo for email validation. I'll be using my Google one. As for which one I'm not completely sure which one to use... since I get the passwords mixed up at times.

Now I am seriously going to wait for that chance so I can register. Erghhhh.

#20 OFFLINE   Stephen Hauser

Stephen Hauser

Ravenclaw Alumni

• Adult
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

That so isn't fair!!! I better be able to get into it tomorrow!!! if i wasn't freaking mugged last night i probably would've been able to try to get in it!!