Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Irc Chat Vs Site Chat?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

Is it possible to join in on the site chat using an IRC client? I regularly use Chatzilla and Hexchat, and it is much easier to multitask using IRC as opposed to the Board's chat room. For example; when somebody types in a new message, the client icon is highlighted on my taskbar so I can see that there is a conversation going on. Also, whenever somebody types my name in particular, the program chimes and flashes to let me know that I am being addressed. It isn't a huge deal, but it certainly makes chatting easier for me, especially when I am doing several things at once.

One of the phpBB's I used to visit had this option, so I thought I would ask about it here. :)

#2 Guest_Alden Broadmoor_*

Guest_Alden Broadmoor_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:07 PM

I don't think this is possible because the chatroom is a separate app software IP Board created. I'm not sure what channel you would go on to access it through IRC. Sorry.

#3 OFFLINE   Prof. Kelly Rhodes-Mrotek

Prof. Kelly Rhodes-Mrotek
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Wand Type:11 Inch Oak and Dragon Heartstring
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

I've tried this a few times before and had no luck, but there *could* be a way somehow, but not too sure... Chauncey would be the best person to ask :)

#4 OFFLINE   Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Founder of HO - Governor for Life

• Governor
  • Others: Head Professor
  • 2100 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:9 3/4" Blocky Beechwood, Dragon Heart String
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

To the best of my knowledge the IPB Chatroom is not compatible with IRC. If we're able to find an IRC based chat that can easily integrate we may switch, but at this point that doesn't look to be the case.

• Prof. Kelly Rhodes-Mrotek and Katarina Jackson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users