Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2022 VirteQ

Photo

Class List Problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Dashel DeWitt

Prof. Dashel DeWitt
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 1511 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

For my two classes this summer, I was attempting to maintain a class list that used emoticons to communicate status to everyone in the class. One of them is HERE and it is patterned after similar topics I have seen used by professors in the past. On my last attempt at an update, I got this message:
THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

I assume this is a restriction new to this site and I can understand why it exists, but it will also mean I will need to re-structure my approach. Is there any relief I can get regarding this limit or am I out of luck? sad.gif

Edited by Prof. Dashel DeWitt, 14 July 2011 - 02:37 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey
  • Portrait
  • 4124 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

Its for the whole board and we reduced it to reduce load time on the forums. Each of those little images take time and in some cases do not allow people to see. It is already set pretty high. Will look into it some more but at this point in time going to say you will need to find another way.

#3 OFFLINE   Prof. Jeff Taylor

Prof. Jeff Taylor
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:41 AM

If you still want to use your smiley system you could instead of using the emoticons do : ) or :-) : D so more spaced out or with noses. Just a thought.

#4 OFFLINE   Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Founder of HO - Governor for Life

• Governor
  • Others: Head Professor
  • 2100 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

or if its jut one image post the
CODE
[img][/img]
for it.... thats what i do....

#5 OFFLINE   Nicholas Volynski

Nicholas Volynski
  • Adult
  • 872 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

This question has been answered. Now being moved to the archives where it can be referenced at a later date. All new issues should be posted in a new topic.