Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2021 VirteQ

Photo

About Those Colleges...

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Peter Dereks

Peter Dereks
  • Hufflepuff 5th Year
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

Sophie and Lief I'm from Illinois too. I have like 2 or 3 friends at Augie. I really wanted to go there I might be able to transfer later but I doubt it I really wanted to go to St. Ambrose in Davenport Iowa but I can't afford it sooo

College:Black Hawk College (Also known as the dirty bird)
Major:World History (I'll major in secondary Ed or work to get my teaching certificate once I transfer)
Minor:N/A
Other:I haven't started yet I start in under a month but I'm hoping to get involved in Choir and Radio.

#22 OFFLINE   Prof. Lexa Azalea

Prof. Lexa Azalea
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 5,637 posts
  • Location2 Hengist Court, Hogsmeade
  • Wand Type:Rowan, Vampire Blood, Centaur Tail Hair, Spinx Mane Hair
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

Well I'm all stressed out about next semester now because my Financial Aid thing says I need $4,000 and I'm already panicking about getting a job to make rent since I was stupidly fired from the job I had. I just want to graduate and begin teaching already. Is it so bad that I just want to become a teacher? I get all giddy and excited thinking about it and I'll be so angry if money is what keeps me from doing so.

Anyone got $4,000 to lend?

#23 Guest_Gernou Rhagg_*

Guest_Gernou Rhagg_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

College: Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon
Major: Biochemistry (1st year Masters)
Minor: No thank you! The Major fills my timetable perfectly!!!
Other: Last year, I was involved in a research project about discovering, synthesizing and testing an all-new molecule with an highly expectable sucess rate in "killing" cancer cells. Sadly the project gave some widely divergent results so... but I learned a lot and I had fun doing it :)
Next year I will join a new project, targetted at the same field of study but from a (totally) different approach: Molecular Simulation (which rocks let me say!). Can't wait for September :P

#24 Guest_Richard Roth_*

Guest_Richard Roth_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

College: Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia
Major: Law, concentrating in tax law
Minor: No minors
Other: I'm a futsal (Indoor Soccer) player xD

#25 OFFLINE   Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Ravenclaw Alumna

• 2,949 posts
  • LocationHogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  • Wand Type:Mahogany w/ Unicorn Hair, 9"
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

College: I'd rather not say (privacy), but it is in Michigan. :)
Major: Creative Writing
Minor: NA
Other: I am taking American Sign Language for all my electives. I plan to graduate with an Associate degree at the end of next spring (2012). I hope to eventually get a Bachelors (preferably also in Creative Writing) but $$$ is an issue. After a Bachelors I may go on to get a Masters in Library Science (I work in a big library system right now and it fits me like a glove). But a Masters is EXPENSIVE, and there is pretty much only one good university in MI that offers a Masters in Library Science. :)

#26 Guest_Alistair Gordon Whovian_*

Guest_Alistair Gordon Whovian_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

I'm studying at Blekinge Tekniska Högskola in Sweden. I don't know much about how the college-life is in the US, but I believe it's a big difference compared to how it is in Sweden.. At least if you should trust all the movies and TV-series!

Anyways.. I study Games and Computer Programs Technology(if that's the correct translation). It's quite fun!

When we start up this fall, we're having Physics for Game Programmers and Linear Algebra. And half way in we're having 3D-Programming and Object Oriented Design.

#27 OFFLINE   Eliana Abravanel

Eliana Abravanel

Tyr Alumni

• 603 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

College: Washington University (St Louis)
Major: Sociology
Minor: Psychology
Other: Freshman O.O

#28 Guest_Cara Amnell_*

Guest_Cara Amnell_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

College: Cebu Normal University (Philippines)
Major: Chemistry and Physics
Minor: None
Other: I attempted joining the university chorale. On the way to the auditions, I chickened out...not totally proud of it :D . But, maybe I'll join next year...

#29 Guest_Julie Sakndenberg_*

Guest_Julie Sakndenberg_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

College: (Private) But it's in Oklahoma and is also a Christian college.
Major: I'm English Education. My university only just started offering it again after a few years (they had it listed on their website though, but never revised it, needless to say I was not pleased >.> ). I won't officially change until I go back to school on the 20th.
Minor: No minor (English Ed majors don't need one, but regular English majors do). With the way I'm hoping to take my classes the next year or so though, I plan on taking some extra classes in Youth Ministry. :)
Other: I'm in my second year starting fall semester. I went through SEVERAL majors my first semester of college (PR, Missions, Youth Ministry, TEFL, Elementary Ed, and then I finally settled on English Education). I also graduated from high school early, so I'm a little young for a sophomore. :)

As for why I picked my college, we have wonderful international programs, but the school costs a lot of money. :( I hope I'll have time to be on here next semester. I'm taking an average schedule, but as a condition for me to get my job at the campus snack bar back I have to close and work weekends. So I won't be sleeping much. I also have trouble remembering to eat sometimes...>_>

Edited by Julie Sakndenberg, 02 August 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#30 Guest_Sophia Bailey_*

Guest_Sophia Bailey_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

College: University of Indonesia
Major: Law
Minor: -
Other: I'm in my (hopefully) last semester.

#31 Guest_Yanndel Delfin_*

Guest_Yanndel Delfin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:13 AM

College: Notre Dame of Dadiangas University
Major: BS Nursing
Minor: n/a
Other: Hmm.. Not really active with extra-curricular activities in school. :check:

I'm glad to know there are other Filipinos in here, too. :D

Edited by Yanndel Delfin, 15 August 2011 - 05:18 AM.

#32 Guest_Alyssa Gaston_*

Guest_Alyssa Gaston_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

College: Graduated from Hesser College with my assoicates of Early childhood. Recently going to Southern New Hampshire Univeristy
Major: Associates of Early Childhood of Education. Bachelors of Elementary of Education
Minor:
Other: Softball and Basketball

#33 OFFLINE   Eirlys Gabriel

Eirlys Gabriel

Animal Telepathy

• Adult
  • 2,020 posts
  • LocationProbably in a tree in Sweden
  • Wand Type:9" Hazel, Phoenix Feather Core
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

College: St. Joseph's College
Major: Mathematics, Secondary Education (although I'd like to major in nearly EVERYTHING if I could, learning is my favorite hobby)
Minor: None, trying to get masters and bachelors in a five year program, no time for minor :(
Other: I'm in the drama club and I'm a sophomore

#34 Guest_Svetlana Davina_*

Guest_Svetlana Davina_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

First Year:
College : Bandung Institute of Techonology
Major : Meteorology
Minors : Hadn't thought of it yet...
Other : I was in the orchestra as a violist and pianist, and sometimes the sopran (sopran in training lol) :check:

Second year:
College : I transferred to Trisakti University
Major : Geology Engineering
Minors : Not interested in taking one, but I do want to take up something that can get me closer to animals or arts...
Other: Don't do any activities ever since I transferred..liked it better in my first year :)

I'm hoping I can get back to Texas, I grew up there and has always wanted to go to Texas A&M University! I'm working my way there. :P

@Sophia Bailey: Nice to know there are other Indonesians playing here, I thought they'd mostly go to Hogwarts Indonesia.

Edited by Svetlana Davina, 28 August 2011 - 11:14 PM.

#35 Guest_Julie Sakndenberg_*

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

College: St. Joseph's College
Major: Mathematics, Secondary Education (although I'd like to major in nearly EVERYTHING if I could, learning is my favorite hobby)
Minor: None, trying to get masters and bachelors in a five year program, no time for minor  :(
Other: I'm in the drama club and I'm a sophomore

Eirlys: I thought I was the only one!! :lol: I don't know where you're from, but I know at least in the United States I keep on being told that to have districts even look at you as a teacher it's generally a good idea to get a Masters. I'm probably going to go to grad school for both English and Education if I get a chance.

#36 Guest_Myrsky Brown_*

Guest_Myrsky Brown_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Wanted to share my studies with you guys, but this code I saw around here won't fit in my case as I'm studying in a institute where I'm graduating with 3 degrees. This means I'm mainly just a vocational college student, but I'm also a student in a upper secondary school here in Finland. Tough? At least not yet.

#37 Guest_Julie Sakndenberg_*

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

My university lets students do that sort of thing. One of my friends is doing that. What are your three degrees?

#38 Guest_Alyssa Ann Montgomery_*

Guest_Alyssa Ann Montgomery_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

College: Current College is SNHU. Southern New Hampshire University
Major: Elementary Education
Minor:
Other: Graduated with my associates of Early Childhood Education. 3/4 of my credits passed in. So instead of being a freshman.. I am junior.. Boo ya.

Wow.. Im jealous that you are doing three degrees.. I just finished one which is my assoicates of early childhood of education. I am currently working on my bachelors of elementary of education. and the new term starts today. For me its starts like today at 8pm.

Edited by Alyssa Ann Montgomery, 07 September 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#39 Guest_Myrsky Brown_*

Guest_Myrsky Brown_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Julie:
I'll graduate as a media-assistant, also I'll get the upper secondary school papers and matriculation examination will be my last, and the most important examination ever!

Alyssa:
At this time of my studies I won't be able to understand your jealousity, as I just started studying few weeks ago. But I'm sure I'll grow up with this school and learn to understand why is this such a great thing! :)

#40 Guest_Julie Sakndenberg_*

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Myrsky: Nice. I'd like to study more, but I can barely qualify for the Education program at my college as it is. @_@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users