Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Time Management

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Juliet Dyer

Juliet Dyer
  • Gryffindor 3rd Year
  • 647 posts
  • LocationProbably somewhere I'm not supposed to be
  • Wand Type:14" Black Walnut w/ Centaur Tail Hair, hard
  • Nickname(s):Jules
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

Those of you that use lists for time management, how does that work for you? Does it depend on the kind of person you are? Im going into my final year of my degree, and my workload is increasing greatly, but I want to stay as active as I can on here. In the past, RP has often been put on the back burner, either because I don't have the time and eventually just forget about it, or I lose motivation in light of all the other things I have to worry about, or both. I need a solution and I know it may come down to me just actively making more of a significant effort, but any other advice, tricks or methods you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

#22 OFFLINE   Anastasia Sainreal

Anastasia Sainreal

Hufflepuff Alumna

• Banned
  • 1142 posts
  • Wand Type:Yew & Elder, Phoenix Feather, 12 inches, quite flexible
  • Blood Status:Creature
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

RL before all that's a very good advice indeed, and I conform with it.

Then, I just try to find some time to read posts I've missed during transportation (thank you mobile devices !) and going on HO for RP when all that needs to done is... done ! :)

#23 OFFLINE   Madeleine Malfete

Madeleine Malfete

Bellelune Alumni

• Adult
  • 163 posts
  • LocationParis
  • Wand Type:9 1/2" Black Limba wood w/ Griffin Claw and Manticore hair core; Sturdy
  • Nickname(s):Maddie
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

Ever since I retired from the military, I have all the time in the world. If something comes up in RL, I take care of it and come right back to HO. I don't work and only take care of my nephew's son which is not very time consuming since he is 2 and spends all day either playing or napping . . .

#24 OFFLINE   Diana Prince

Diana Prince
  • Slytherin New 1st Year
  • 5 posts
  • Wand Type:10" Ash, Phoenix Hair, Solid
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

my schedule is already so full and horribly messy and now I have HO to worry about, just learn to manage with 5 hours of sleep I guess. 

#25 OFFLINE   Prof. Kenji Yagami

Prof. Kenji Yagami

Nonverbal Magic; Metamorphmagus

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 69 posts
  • Wand Type:Ebony, Manticore stinger and Dragon scale, 7 inches, Hard
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:06 AM

Cutting back on sleep is never the way to go. I get so grumpy when I do that, so it affects not just me. My RPs also become poorer in quality when I am tired. Most people on HO understand if you take a long time to reply, so I'm grateful for that. In turn, I am total fine when someone tells me they cannot post in a while. In fact, I am relieved.

#26 OFFLINE   Adrienne Barlow

Adrienne Barlow
  • Slytherin New 1st Year
  • 11 posts
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

I sometimes find that lists stress me out way too much, when that happens I tend to jump around on the list. I do, however, find that lists help me manage what I have to do in RL so that it gets me on here much faster even though I am newer to the sights. I agree that RL comes first and especially school work. My school work isn't that much to deal with since I do part-time classes at school. I pick a certain day where I do nothing but school work so that I have more time to get other things done. As well as getting used to this site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users