Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2021 VirteQ

Photo

How Did You Find HO?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

I was shown HO by a former gov. How did you end up here?

#2 OFFLINE   Prof. Adreia Kragen

Prof. Adreia Kragen

Former Director of Public Works

• Portrait
  • 6,314 posts
  • LocationBetween dimensions
  • Wand Type:12 inch Ebony with Demiguise hair, Phoenix feather and Basilisk Tongue
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Divorced

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

I was surfing for articles related to Harry Potter back in 2006 then through search engines I landed on RPG top sites, saw HO, registered my first student account and the rest is history.

#3 Guest_Celia Kelly_*

Guest_Celia Kelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

I was bored and surfed on the net. I looked for a HP game where you could be sorted and play for your house and I found this. At first I was hesitant because I never Role played before. I tried it and now I'm hooked. Thanks google and all HO govs.

#4 OFFLINE   Prof. Sorcha Maeve Tobin

Prof. Sorcha Maeve Tobin

Clawfiliate

• 1,057 posts
  • Wand Type:10.75 Fir with Hippogriff Feather core
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

I was just surfing on the internet for Hogwarts sites and this was the first one on the list.

#5 OFFLINE   Lucija Fulbright

Lucija Fulbright

Ravenclaw Alumni; Healing Hands

• Adult
  • 2,909 posts
  • LocationHogwarts
  • Wand Type:8" Poplar with Bowtruckle Fingernail
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it involved insomnia Googling sometime after watching one of the Harry Potter movies. :D

#6 OFFLINE   Prof. Ying Fa-Li

Prof. Ying Fa-Li

Portrait, Gryffindor Alumna, Occlumency, Wordless Magic, Animagus, Atmokinesis

• Others: Adult, Portrait
  • 8,441 posts
  • Location13 Victoria Road, Holy Head, UK
  • Wand Type:11 3/4 Inches Oak with Fairy Wing and Phoenix Feather
  • Nickname(s):Ying, Maia, Ai

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

My sister Asahi told me about HO since some of her friends were already member of this site. She knew how Harry Potter addict I am, we both are actually so she showed me the site. I was the first one to register and got sorted to gryffindor. Then I thought, why not, right? <_< Now it's been one year! Woohoo!

Edited by Ying Fa, 12 June 2011 - 12:25 AM.

#7 Guest_Vyvyan Moore_*

Guest_Vyvyan Moore_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Ah, the power of Google!

#8 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey
  • Portrait
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

Penny begged me to join (was more like made me join)

#9 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• 2,315 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

oh yea... there was a gun involved :blink:

#10 OFFLINE   Jane de Wolf

Jane de Wolf
  • Ravenclaw 4th Year
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

I was reading Harry A History by Melissa? of Leaky Coldrun. I was on a diffrent site but the HP roleplaying wasn't really fun for me. When I read about this site I googled it and joined. I'm in love with the world everyone creates here so I jumped at the chance and released my inner Claw with Jane

#11 OFFLINE   Cecilia Graves

Cecilia Graves
  • Slytherin 6th Year
  • 139 posts
  • Wand Type:13" Olive with Phoenix Feather & Unicorn Hair

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

I was looking in the directory on the invisionfree site for some active site to rp on, since the one I was on before died. this site was in the top ten for number of people, and even though I had never been really obcessed with harry potter and had never rp'd in a harry potter setting, I thought I would give it a try. and I fell in love.

#12 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey
  • Portrait
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

oh yea... there was a gun involved :)

As Rici would say a muggle boom stick

#13 OFFLINE   Rowen O`Ryan

Rowen O`Ryan
  • Adult
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

I was browing google one day to look for some Harry Potter site, since I was brand new to role-playing. And I finally found a spot that I liked, and I've been adicted ever since.

#14 Guest_Rose Harper_*

Guest_Rose Harper_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

well it was a month after my grandma's death when my cousin told me about this site..she knew that I love Harry Potter so she told me that I should register..I did and here I am now one year and 3 months later!!

#15 Guest_Ariana Löwe_*

Guest_Ariana Löwe_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

I used to be on a RP site called Padshogwarts and I loved it so much! I left for the summer (which was summer break for the site as well, so it was okay). I had to leave for the whole summer because I was working at Cedar Point and we would work 10 hours or more a day, so I didn't have much free time and on top of that there was no wi-fi or computers in the dorms and so I couldn't get online that often.

Therefore I just decided to take a leave for the summer (I warned them, don't worry) and then after I got back the site was gone, so now it's months later and I really missed it, so I decided to look for a new Harry Potter RP site and this one looked like the most promising. I hope I'm right. :)

#16 OFFLINE   Angel Carriedo

Angel Carriedo

Loki Alumna,

• Adult
  • 3,708 posts
  • LocationBehind YOU!
  • Wand Type:14" Yew; Pogrebin Hair, Dragon Scale & Griffin Claw
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

Looking for a place to release my inner Claw, seeing as almost everywhere else was either dead or inactive. I was going for a Gryff sorting but realized, some things are meant to be...

Always, and forever a proud Ravenclaw! :)

#17 Guest_Gryffelda Grenadda_*

Guest_Gryffelda Grenadda_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:10 AM

think should write this at new site too ;)

I was in my break time at office- march 31 2010, playing an online game and join Harry Potter fans group (yes am potter-addicted). there, I found a link to HO site and dun have ideas about RPGs. like what is that? haha.

But...it's been a year. huray for me! and I love ppl here. they became more important than my RL friends or my officemates bwahaha :D

Oh. and I try sev times but got Gryffindor always though my writer somehow not too Gryffie IRL, mostly a mix of 3 houses*cough.

:)

#18 OFFLINE   Prof. Sorcha Logan

Prof. Sorcha Logan

Headmistress of Hogwarts, Director of Student Life

• Governor
  • Others: Head Professor, Hogwarts Head Staff (H), Hufflepuff Affiliate, Hufflepuff House Administration
  • 8,812 posts
  • Wand Type:16" Purple heart with Phoenix Ash, whippy

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

i was a super mod on RupertGrintNet and as I was moderating an ooc forum I saw a post someone made advertising this site. It was Ariana Proudian who taught me how to join here and introduced me to my first batch of friends- Starlite Night, Robin Gothica, Katy Fairiedust, Remy DeWyntr, Damiun Desove, Theo Frost, Angel, Parker!!! Ugh, I miss them since only a few even make appearances anymore :)

I actually made Roisin and got Hufflepuff and was angry at the time, so I tried registering a second account and got Slytherin, so I ditched that account and grudgingly took up Roisin and found it was the best house ever!! xD.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#19 OFFLINE   Prof. Canry Hennings

Prof. Canry Hennings

HOH of Ravenclaw; Slytherin Alumna; Potions Department Head; Healing Hands; Staff Mod of the Delicate's Society; Coordinator of Contests & Games

• Ravenclaw House Administration
  • Others: Head Professor, Ravenclaw Affiliate, Slytherin Affiliate
  • 6,031 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:9 3/4" Silverwood, Vampire Blood
  • Nickname(s):Canary

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

i dont exactly remember but yea i found found dead harry potter rp site and thats how i even got to know what roleplaying was. Since that time, i started searching for more sites and sort of found this one. I thought it might be just dead like that one and all but thanks to everyone it wasn't and i had the best time ever since then xD.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#20 OFFLINE   DejaRea Coldsteel

DejaRea Coldsteel

Hufflepuff Alumna

• Adult
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:21 AM

Way back in April of '06 C did this whole campaign for house points on Myspace that I spied on some random music hunt. So I joined up, didn't get it as a total non rper, and left again. But a week or two later I came across another ad and came back. That night a cbox was in use and I ended up falling in love with a group of people that had found a place to laugh inside these unreal stone walls. The next two years were a rush of living in a world away from home. Here lately I've been alot busier in real life, but I couldn't imagine never coming back to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users