Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

If You're Not Enrolled In 3 Classes...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

I just got denied for my 3rd class - leaving me with only 2 classes my first term (I had computer problems when signing up for classes).

Will I have to "repeat" being a First Year?

#2 Guest_Official Travis Blair_*

Guest_Official Travis Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

I'm so sorry that you ended up getting denied. I will send a PM to Prof. Clemenceau the webmaster and he can remove some of your denied classes from the office. I spoke with Prof. Liselle Beaulon and she said she's willing to take you in to her DIVI101 class. You won't be able to enroll until Prof. Clemenceau fixes your office, but you can go ahead and begin posting and doing forum-based things in her class. I'll send you a PM when your office gets fixed so you'll be able to enroll in that class. I'll also speak with Prof. David Byrne and see if he'd be willing to take you in to his DADA101 class because I saw you wanted to be in one of those. smile.gif That way you won't have to be a first-year for another term. You wouldn't be able to move up until you get at least 3 quills.

Does that help? smile.gif

#3 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Prof. Travis Blair @ Sep 13 2011, 06:18 PM)
I'm so sorry that you ended up getting denied. I will send a PM to Prof. Clemenceau the webmaster and he can remove some of your denied classes from the office. I spoke with Prof. Liselle Beaulon and she said she's willing to take you in to her DIVI101 class. You won't be able to enroll until Prof. Clemenceau fixes your office, but you can go ahead and begin posting and doing forum-based things in her class. I'll send you a PM when your office gets fixed so you'll be able to enroll in that class. I'll also speak with Prof. David Byrne and see if he'd be willing to take you in to his DADA101 class because I saw you wanted to be in one of those. smile.gif That way you won't have to be a first-year for another term. You wouldn't be able to move up until you get at least 3 quills.

Does that help? smile.gif

Yes it does!! Thank you Professor!!!! biggrin.gif

#4 Guest_Official Travis Blair_*

• Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

No problem, let me know if you need anything else. tongue.gif

#5 OFFLINE   Prof. Dashel DeWitt

Prof. Dashel DeWitt
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 1511 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

Only if you are interested, you are welcome to join HIST112: Hogwarts, A History. We have not formally started class yet and one more wouldn't hurt. Just sign up on the class roster on the second floor and enter the classroom.

But only if you want to. No worries either way. smile.gif

#6 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Thank you Professor DeWitt! I will head over now and check in! biggrin.gif

#7 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

The reality is half the people who sign up will never show up. So yeah, pm a professor and I am sure they would add you in.

#8 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

I had thought of that, but read somewhere to not bug the Professors about being let into classes that had closed. smile.gif (I could be wrong though)

#9 OFFLINE   Prof. Felicity Amello

Prof. Felicity Amello

Herballinquism, Staff Mod of Dueling Club

• 5567 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

I'd be happy to let a first year Gryffindor into Herbology 101B! Lemme know!

#10 OFFLINE   Prof. Katerina Petrov

Prof. Katerina Petrov
  • Banned
  • 4306 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

Even if enrollment has closed and someone drops, the Professors can allow you into the class and award you a general quill marked for the class you took at the end of the term. They have to clear it with their Department Chair first though. I had to do this for two of my students because they got accidentally dropped, and then the office glitched out when I tried opening the class to re-enroll them, so I spoke to Dakota and will award their quills that way.

#11 Guest_Official Travis Blair_*

• Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

Professors can still open the class's enrollment temporarily to let a student in for the actual class quill. Prof. Petrov explained the hard way around the situation. tongue.gif

#12 OFFLINE   Prof. Aleksander Maslov

Prof. Aleksander Maslov
  • Banned
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

Some had to do it that way because the office when they tried re-enrolling was just sending the students to a blank page, no confirmation, nothing and the enrollment wasn't going through.

#13 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Prof. Felicity Shukurova @ Sep 13 2011, 11:43 PM)
I'd be happy to let a first year Gryffindor into Herbology 101B! Lemme know!

What about a first year Slytherin? *rubs his hands evilly together*

#14 OFFLINE   Prof. Adreia Kragen

Prof. Adreia Kragen

Former Director of Public Works

• Portrait
  • 6314 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

If you are willing to join my Household Charms class, just send me a PM so I can open it for you.

#15 OFFLINE   Prof. Lilith Wood

Prof. Lilith Wood
  • 1106 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

I doubt I'll be getting all 68 Students for Trans 101B so if you are interested I'm willing to accept you!

#16 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

just as an aside, is there a date for when professors MUST post lessons? I'm in two classes and neither professor has even posted a lesson. I get that there is real life and all and things come up, but in my experience (on other characters), if they haven't started by the beginning, then it ain't happening.

#17 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Prof. Adreia Kragen-Byrne @ Sep 15 2011, 12:51 PM)
If you are willing to join my Household Charms class, just send me a PM so I can open it for you.

QUOTE (Prof. Lilith Wood @ Sep 15 2011, 03:14 PM)
I doubt I'll be getting all 68 Students for Trans 101B so if you are interested I'm willing to accept you!

Yay! Thank you both!!! I'm just checking in on my iPh-owl ((hehe)) but will post in both classes later tonight!

Thanks again to all the Professors!!!

#18 Guest_Official Travis Blair_*

• Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

Nope, there is no required date for professors to post lessons. Most people are probably still getting used to school starting again, so I'm sure it will be happening for you soon. If the professor is inactive throughout the entire term, you will most likely get the quill anyway, but that is under Prof. Stella Giordano's jurisdiction as Deputy Direct of Professors.

#19 OFFLINE   Nicholas Volynski

Nicholas Volynski
  • Adult
  • 872 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

This question has been answered. Now being moved to the archives where it can be referenced at a later date. All new issues should be posted in a new topic.