Camp Avalon Summer 2022 Professor 'Camp Counselor' Applications
*Credit to Prof. Alaina Balthazar*
At Camp Avalon, professors are referred to as 'Camp Counselors'. If you're interested in applying for a teaching position(s), please read below for more information.
* All applications are due by June 30th.
Items of note:
- To apply to teach a course, you must have been a member of Hogwarts Online for at least 3 months, preferably 6. This is to ensure our professors have an understanding of how HO and its courses work.
- If you are making a new character, you must be within the character limit rules. Consult the handbook if you are unsure; if you're still unsure, ask the Director of RP, Prof. Britney Bryne-Rothwell.
- Existing professors and House Administrators are not required to teach during the Summer Term if they choose not to. You will not be "fired" or resorted if you wish to take the summer off.
- Because Camp Avalon spans the whole of Hogwarts Online, every writer is allowed to apply to teach 2 courses. You may choose to do this under one account OR teach one course each under two separate accounts. Please send separate PMs if you apply for more than one course.
- Quills will be awarded based on the universal standards.
- Send all questions to Prof. Guinevere Meredith, Prof. Caleb Rothwell, Prof. Britney Bryne-Rothwell and Prof Sorcha Lorgan.
"What can I teach?"
Summer Term means a break from teaching the traditional departmental subjects in favor of some more fun courses. Examples of courses that have been taught in the past are "How to Charm Your Own Cheese", "Noodle Fighting", "Pirate 101", "Party Magic", "Survival of the Fittest", and "Muggle Baking".
You may also choose to utilize the new terrain and history of Camp Avalon to help design your course, though this is not required.
Creativity is encouraged!
Tip: When it comes to the Summer Term, without any department-wide curriculum to go by the more details you include in your application the easier it will be for us to envision your course and make a decision about the application. We need as much information as we can get to make the best decision possible.
- Please put "Summer 2023 Counselor Application" as the subject of your PM.
- Please send your application PM to Prof. Guinevere Meredith, Prof. Caleb Rothwell, Prof. Britney Bryne-Rothwell and Prof. Sorcha Logan
- Include lesson plans, Quill requirements, and any other pertinent information when applying; the more detailed the better!
- If you are applying for an existing character, send the application from the character account you intend to teach with. If you are applying for a new character, send the application from the character you are most consistently active on.
- Summer applications are discussed and voted on by the Governor's Board, a long-standing Hogwarts Online tradition. When your application has reached a majority decision, you will be notified. A complete list of the accepted Camp Avalon courses and their locations will be posted after the application deadline when all applications have been discussed.
- Please keep the Universal Academic Standards in mind. For summer term alternative standards apply.
Desired Camp Counselor Name:
Is this an existing character?:
List any existing characters that you have:
Name of course:
Explain how you intend to teach the course: