Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2022 VirteQ

Photo

Freya's Office

6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Freya Brendan

Freya Brendan

Ilvermorny Alumna, Owner of Peak! Artist Management

• Shopkeeper
  • Others: Adult, Artist
  • 134 posts
  • Wand Type:12" Poplar Wood with Veela Hair core, Reasonably Springy
  • Nickname(s):Frey
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:32 AM

TnAfWA6.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Freya Brendan

Freya Brendan

• Shopkeeper
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:58 PM

Tag: Lucy

Freya had known Dominique for a while now, and even though the two both had busy jobs, the two tried to stay in contact. So obviously, when Freya started her new business, she told the blonde Weasley about it. Dom had told her about her cousin, who was aspiring to be a model. So Freya, after seeing a few of her pictures, she handed Dom her business card to hand to Lucy like the good friend that she was. The two had scheduled to meet this afternoon in Freya's office in Tinworth. The girl already had some prior experience, so Freya was curious to hear more about that. As she waited for Lucy to arrive, Freya finished up arranging one of her client's planning for the upcoming month, occasionally taking a sip of her iced macchiato. 

• Lucy Weasley likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Lucy Weasley

Lucy Weasley

Hogwarts Canon, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumna, Cocktail Waitress at Le Havre de Cannes

• Shop Assistant
  • Others: Adult
  • 3,000 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:12 1/2" Black Walnut with Unicorn Hair, supple
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:15 PM

Becoming a model was still part of Lucy's day-to-day aspirations, but it hadn't proven to be as easy as she'd once imagined it might be. Coming out of Hogwarts, Lucy had struggled. Actually, saying she struggled was putting it lightly. She'd suffered through challenges she couldn't possibly have prepared herself for and ultimately, modeling took a backburner. It was for the best because her health had been greatly impacted. After putting things aside for a bit, Lucy was in recovery and doing relatively well. Was she making good money? Not really, though she did pull in significant tips. Was she modeling a lot? No, but occasionally she would walk a show or pose for a photoshoot for a catalogue. Nothing was what she wanted it to be, though. Her cousin, Dom, was fairly informed about what was going on in her life, so when Dom handed her a business card for representation from a company, Lucy was both surprised and curious. She didn't know what to expect from the meeting that was set up, but if it meant getting her into modeling, she'd give it a try. 

Lucy arrived in Tinworth at Peak Artist Management feeling a mixture of emotions and a flurry of thoughts. She had chosen to wear a pair of denim with a cream shirt and red buttoned jacket. Hopefully she looked like enough of a model without overdoing it. She carried a copy of her portfolio which had photos from any shoot or runway she'd done. When she got to the office, Lucy knocked and peered in, anxious about this meeting for one clear reason: she wanted to be a model and this woman would, hopefully, help her achieve that dream.

• Freya Brendan likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Freya Brendan

Freya Brendan

• Shopkeeper
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 12:30 PM

Freya looked up when she heard a knock on the door and one of her staff members let Lucy enter her office. "Lucy welcome, take a seat. I'm Freya." Freya said as she got up from her seat and held out her hand to introduce herself before she sat down again. So far she had only seen pictures of the girl in front of her, but seeing her in person definitely helped and Freya could really see the girl's potential as a model. "Why don't you tell me a bit more about yourself? And did you bring your portfolio?" Freya asked, wanting to take a look at the girl's material to see if she had any tips for future go-sees. 

#5 OFFLINE   Lucy Weasley

Lucy Weasley

Hogwarts Canon, Animagus, Official Gryffindor Alumna, Cocktail Waitress at Le Havre de Cannes

• Shop Assistant
  • 3,000 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade

Posted 09 December 2021 - 01:35 PM

Lucy smiled politely and entered the office completely, letting the door shut behind her. She moved toward Freya and shook her hand in return while saying, "Yes, Lucy, pleasure to meet you." She released Freya's hand and took a seat, only to reach into her handbag and pull out her portfolio. "Here you are," she said, holding the portfolio out for Freya to look at. "I've wanted to model for as long as I can remember, but it's been difficult to really break into the scene. I have done runways and a few photoshoots, but I had to take a break from things after my manager, at the time, made inappropriate advances on me and the other models." she left out the part about developing an eating disorder. It didn't seem relevant now that she was healthy again. "I'm happy to do any type of modeling. I have no preferences, but I want to be a role model for young girls that are unique. I was inspired by a model when I was young... seeing her in a magazine made me think maybe beauty wasn't so cut and dry." Lucy crossed on leg over the other and let her hands rest in her lap. "I honestly need better representation than who I had. I know I can't do this all on my own."

• Freya Brendan likes this

#6 OFFLINE   Freya Brendan

Freya Brendan

• Shopkeeper
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 10:09 AM

Freya was pleased the girl didn't seem to think too highly of herself. She had seen potential clients who had their heads up in the cloud so far it was near impossible to connect with them, just because of their looks. Newsflash, there were plenty of pretty girls walking the Earth, and there were so many factors that came into play when it comes to booking jobs. The vision of the designer, the photographer, or whoever the hiring party was, mattered probably most, but a lot of models underestimated that likability is an important a factor too. It's important to be pleasant to work with someone, and Freya couldn't stress enough how important is was to come well prepared, to know about the gig, the designer and the brand, just to show you take someone's life's work as important as they find it.  Freya nodded and showed the girl an understanding smile when she told her about the manager's advances. "That is not okay." Freya said softly before looking back down to go through the girl's portfolio. "I like your work." The girl had a feeling for it, that was for sure. "Do you know your measurements?" Freya asked, "And can you show me your walk?" Freya asked curiously. 

#7 OFFLINE   Lucy Weasley

Lucy Weasley

• Shop Assistant
  • 3,000 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade

Posted 09 January 2022 - 06:30 PM

Lucy nodded somberly, knowing that the behavior of the man hadn't been okay. It was the biggest thing that had put her off modeling for awhile, not to mention the copious amounts of debt and the eating disorder she'd acquired. She was in a much healthier place now, though, which was why it was important to her to try again. Pursuing her lifelong dream of becoming a model wasn't going to be easy. There were going to be road bumps even beyond what she had already experienced, no doubt, but she was in this for the long haul. She was stubborn and wanted to succeed. Maybe, just maybe, Freya would be the one to help her along that path.

"Yes," Lucy replied, quickly rattling out her measurements. Then she stood when asked to show her walk. She stepped over to the wall and faced Freya, then did her walk along the room toward her.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users