Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Vip Stand

77 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Minister Xander Ryuu

Minister Xander Ryuu

Minister for Magic, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Telepath, Animagus

• Minister for Magic
  • Others: Adult
  • 3925 posts
  • Location8 Victoria Road, Holyhead Realty
  • Wand Type:12 ¼ in Yew with Crup Hair, Graphorn Horn & Pogrebin hair
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 09 August 2020 - 01:33 AM

Instead of going directly to the Quidditch Stands to join his family in support of Bats team, Xander made a detour to the VIP section to check in with the Minister. After their meeting, Xander had been anxious and the Minister might be feeling the same, she was the third person to know about the prophecy, first would be the Keeper of the Hall of Prophecies. It may or may not happen here, no one will know unless it's already here. There are a lot of Ministry Officials attending this event together with their families. Everyone’s enjoying and celebrating and Xander should be proud too for his son Alec, but he can’t just ignore the nagging feeling at the pit of his stomach while watching the people here. He’s getting paranoid and it’s not good at all for it will cloud his judgment. He gave a curt nod to the guard stationed outside the VIP section and the man immediately opened the door for him. Xander just glanced around quickly and went directly to where the Minister was seated together with the Head Healer. There were a lot of people talking to them so Xander stopped beside his boss. “Minister Steelgrave.” He said in greeting, his tone devoid of his current feelings regarding the matter of their special case.

#22 OFFLINE   Cayden Charmaine

Cayden Charmaine

Philanthropy Liaison, Salem Institute/Durmstrang Transfer; Official Hufflepuff Alumnus

• St. Mungo's Staff
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUk
  • Wand Type:11”, Larch, Werewolf tooth
  • Nickname(s):Cayd
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 09 August 2020 - 07:18 AM

“Good, we should not be seeing you in the office tomorrow onwards.” Cayden joked fully aware that his Head Healer’s maternity leave was long due but her determination had her throwing fantastic events. He was no healer but he knows the tidbits working in a hospital. The healers love to share knowledge, if he needs to say this. “Will do. I’m around if you need me.” He turned to Izzy joining him. His co-worker, Émilie joined him along with her fiancé and he gave the two a smile of acknowledgement. “Good to see you guys.” Cayden was surrounded by Kestrel supporters. “Kestrels it is.” In his heart, he will be a forever Bat. There was no particular reason he was supporting them, he was American for the sake of it but the team has outdone themselves this championship, much to people’s surprise.

Following Isabelle towards the stadium, he stopped the waiters going around with drinks. There was time for the match to start but the lounge was piling with potential investors who and he zeroed on them for a financial prospect for their hospital. “Here, anything else for m’lady?” Cayden’s grin widened, his gaze following the journalists who entered. This is a VIP lounge, for the sake of it. There was no point jumping if the Head Healer was letting it go on but Cayd kept himself on the lookout just in case. “Who do you think will be charitable enough?” Cayd inquired looking at a couple of businessmen drinking and chatting, while he sipped from his own. “Most of them look for a benefit in return, something they can get out of it. They have the exposure, yet an additional incentive is what they always look for.
  • Isabelle Hyland and Émilie Selwyn like this

#23 OFFLINE   Maja Moretto

Maja Moretto

Official Slytherin Alumna, French Adult

• Adult
  • 348 posts
  • LocationGenova, Italia
  • Wand Type:Cherry Tree, Veela Hair, 10", Quite Bendy
  • Nickname(s):May, Yaya, Gio
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:12 AM

Maja tried her best to smile at Josef's words, she really did, but she had a hard time believing him.It was so stupid to feel that way when they weren't exclusive, not even dating, but that was something feelings didn't understand, didn't know of. It would have been easier for him to keep that hidden from her and not burst her bubble, though she had to admit it said a lot about him that he had been honest, despite not having to. She couldn't help thinking she hadn't been enough to him, bedroom wise, and that she wasn't that pretty. All of her old hang-ups had resurfaced, not that they had disappeared completely, and once more, felt she was less than her sisters. She was curious as to what he meant, though, and frowned, tilting her head. "I don't know, maybe anger suits me better than I thought." Maja teased him with a serious facial expression, folded arms and right foot shaking in front of her. The look he gave her caused her to lick her lips and smiled wider, genuinely, but looked away, blushing slightly. She had moved a little fast and got dizzy once more, so she closed her eyes for a second. It was as if her head was heavy or the stand was moving, but as it didn't last, she paid it no mind, and lifted a hand to shield her face from the stadium's lights, as if they had been the cause behind her closing her eyes. Maja took the flute of champagne from his hand, thanked him and took a small sip as he spoke. "Really?" She broke into another smile, eyeing his lips this time around. Why was he so good with words and what was it so easy for her to fall for them? "My dad was a Quidditch player, and you know Luca is one now, too. I can't say it runs in the family since we don't share the same blood, but it still is in the family. I've always loved the game, both watching and playing." She turned to the front, deep in thought, then stood up. "I just remembered Ryan would come, though I have no idea which seats they got. Even Zora said she'd be here." She approached the large windows and searched for Luca and Ryan in the crowd. "We should look for them after the match is over,say hi to him." Maja turned to Josef, knowing Ryan really appreciated him and his candy.

• Official Josef Klaasen likes this

#24 OFFLINE   Official Josef Klaasen

Official Josef Klaasen

Secretary of Magical Transportation

• Ministry Secretary
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:05 AM

Josef could tell that Maja was shielding herself and felt guilt for it, since he had been the cause of everything that had happened. If only she could understand that it had nothing to do with her, but everything to do with him being the problem. She was...amazing and he had fallen for her because of how lovingly she treated him, and felt relief wash over him the days he knew she was already at his apartment after a long day. There definitely was no boredom at all since the man could barely contain himself when they were alone and when they were apart for days would always keep in touch with her. He genuinely missed her when she was gone and upon her return everything was as it should be. What happened with P was a mistake, one he regretted because Maja didn't deserve that and although he explained where his mind set was that night, Maja didn't believe it when he said she was more than enough because his actions had shown otherwise. He kept his smile on though and chuckled softly to her comment about anger suiting her, "Anything suits you." He said to her in a cheeky whisper, leaning in just enough to feel the warmth of her face radiate off of her skin and sighed. She, however, was quick to turn away, and although blushing, he inwardly sighed. He knew it was going to be a long road ahead but the small selfish part of him longed for her affections. Right now they'd be whispering sweet nothings to one another and probably trying to plan a detour out of there soon so they could get some quiet time together. It was your fault. He reminded himself and sighed, though the champagne helped clear those thoughts a bit. He noticed how she looked at his lips and had to smile at that, eyes going from her lips once more and to her brown pools. "Maja...I could get lost in those brown eyes so easily. To be quite honest the only view I care about is the one I'm staring at right now." As he spoke he went to reach for her free hand and looked at her imploringly, once again- though silently- expressing his apology. He had done so already but being in public made this feel all the more real. How the two carried themselves when they were together gave the indication that they were a couple. Perhaps there could be a possibility of another opportunity but had to speak to her on that in a different setting. "Are you free to come over to the apartment after the game? I'll get us dinner from that take out place you like." The conversation went to her family ties closely woven around the game and stood up next to her as he narrowed his eyes in search of the rambunctious toddler. "What position did you play in school? I would have loved to see that." He said with a grin and then reverted back to Ryan and added, "Naturally we have to say hi. He is probably going to shake me down for all the candy I haven't brought him." He said with a snicker.
  • Maja Moretto likes this

#25 OFFLINE   Jessica Hwang

Jessica Hwang

Sports Journalist for the Daily Prophet

• Journalist
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 10 August 2020 - 10:17 AM

When Hunter Bennett gave his permission, Jessica suddenly felt her cheeks warm. Not because she's crushing on these Quidditch players but it just dawned to her that she's actually talking to two them in person. Jessica never got a chance to watch their international games mainly because she was broke before she got this reporter job hence she cannot afford the expensive tickets. Taking out her quill and pocket journal, she scanned through her list of questions and yes they're ready, most of them are general ones since was able to obtain the list of VIPs (illegally) just earlier that day. "Do you have a certain team you are rooting for at the moment?" As what she have read about him, Mr. Bennett has a son and Jessica was pretty sure that his boy was into Quidditch too. She doesn't see a boy around the VIP area though, so it's possible he's among the fans in the stadium. "Don't worry, it's all fine if you don't answer my questions as direct as possible, Mr. Bennett. Just give me a teenie meenie hint." She said rather playfully and chuckled a little. Quidditch is something no one can accurately speculate what the finale holds but one can also make fearless predictions. For Jessica, even though she's a solid Kestrel's fan, she thinks the Bats will take the championship tonight. Since the game is going to be held in they're home stadium, that's already home court advantage for the Bats team. 

• Hunter Bennett likes this

#26 OFFLINE   Fallon Steelgrave

Fallon Steelgrave

Fmr Minister for Magic, Slytherin Alumna, Nonverbal Magic

• Adult
  • Others: Ministry Secretary
  • 1377 posts
  • Wand Type:Larch, Dragon Heartstring, 11 ½ inches, Unbending

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:29 PM

After security cleared the VIP stands, the other people slowly started coming, and the Minister of Magic made sure to make some time to greet all the invited hospital staff. They were the special guests today after all. At first, she was joined by the Head Healer of St. Mungo's, who she regularly called when she first stepped into office to discuss the ins and outs of the hospital. "Afternoon, Jin, please sit." She said and gestured to the seat next to hers. "Thank you for asking, I'm good. How is the pregnancy going?" She asked the healer. After all, she had the ministry officials to help her out if needed. The Healers shouldn't be worrying about a thing apart from watching their favourite teams win or lose the championship. Soon, more department heads of St. Mungo's arrived. The Minister got up and shook both men's (JC and Jared) hands with a polite smile on her face. "It's a pleasure to meet you. You do great work." She said sincerely. "I hope you didn't leave the hospital unattended for tonight." She added, a bit more playful this time around. The woman didn't get a chance to sit back down, as it appeared the room started to crowd up and everyone wanted to greet her. She expected the day to filled with handshaking, so she didn't actually mind everyone coming up to her. Once the game started, things would slow down, with everyone in their assigned seats. "Official Klaasen, it's good to see you again. This is Head Healer Marrow" She said, introducing the woman next to her before shaking the hand of the girl who joined him to the game. "It's a pleasure, Miss Moretto." She said before the two left to their seats. 

Next, Secretary Hennings entered the VIP room, accompanied by Jayden"Thank you, Savannah." She said, a bit more informal than the other secretaries she addressed earlier. "It's good to see you here." Fallon told the Secretary of International Cooperation. Fallon had made sure her assistant send out the invitation to all secretaries, but she had no clue how many would show up. It felt good to have the ministry well represented at the Stadium. It showed the healers the ministry cared about the national hospital. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well." Her attention shifting to the guy she brought. Following in line, there were more St. Mungo's employees. The minister showed them (Cayden, Émilie & Donovan) a friendly smile and shook each of their hands. "Thank you for all the hard work you do. I hope you'll enjoy the game." As the blonde girl and her plus one talked to the head healer, Fallon grinned when the girl mentioned they were engaged. "Congratulations are in order I think." Marriages were a beautiful thing, even though it wasn't something Fallon was after herself.

However, before she even had the chance to properly congratulate the couple, she got distracted by two uninvited guests in the VIP Stands (Malcolm & Jessica). Needless to say, Fallon was not amused. And that was an understatement. Her friendly smile turned into a stern look. The minister looked down at the two journalist and without taking a breath, she started speaking. "If you came here as a plus one, I suggest you take your seat and leave your business elsewhere. If not, you better get out of here right now. There's a press moment scheduled after the game and you won't like having to tell your boss the Prophet will never be allowed at any press conference again." She said before turning to her assistant. "Make sure we fire security next thing tomorrow."

After that has been dealt with, Fallon sat back down to chat with Jin until the game was ready to start. Using Sonorus, Fallon addressed the public attending the match. "Welcome quidditch fans from all over Britain and Ireland to the championship match of the 2020 British and Irish Quidditch League. Today, the Kenmare Kestrels and Ballycastle Bats will complete for the Championship, but first, I would remind you all to donate what you can for St. Mungo's. You can find donate boxes all around the stadium. Every donation, is greatly appreciated, and will be used to further advance our Magical Healing Processes. Now, I'd like to introduce Head Healer Jin Marrow, who'll give the start sign of today's game."

Edited by Minister Fallon Steelgrave, 10 August 2020 - 04:36 PM.

• Minister Xander Ryuu, Healer Jared Wayland, Official Jayden Malcolm and 2 others like this

#27 OFFLINE   Blaine Totterdale

Blaine Totterdale

Beater of the English National Team, Official Ravenclaw Alumni, Animagus, Celebrity

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Adult, Celebrity
  • 1881 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:Spruce wood with a Phoenix feather core 14 ½" and Unyielding flexibility

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:16 PM

Blaine grinned and casually wrapped an arm around Nienor's shoulders, his arm resting on the back rest of Nienor's seat. "You can get used to this now." Blaine whispered in her ear, a large grin showing on his face. Blaine's life had changed quite a bit since he got to hear he got the beater spot in the National Team. Being able to ensure Nienor a place like this at his games made him feel proud. Still, at home nothing had changed. They already were able to live rather comfortably with Blaine's former position as captain of the Montrose Magpies. It was one of the things Blaine appreciated, coming back home to his pregnant wife and his dog after dealing with the hectics that came with the new positions. "Same." He whispered, kissing her cheek before he squeezed his hand in return. "Any team you're a fan of?" The beater knew several of the players out on the field, and he'd be happy for either of them, but Blaine didn't know if Nienor had spoken to any of them or their partners at one of his games before. 

"Hey Hunter, good to see you. This is Nienor." He said, introducing his girlfriend and fist bumped his team mate as he joined the VIP area. "Tell him we said hi." Blaine said. Hunter had told the team about his son before, and now that parenthood came close to Blaine as well, he understood wanting to watch the game with his son and his friends. The VIP room was too boring for an eleven year old, anyone could see. "It's good, we're just waiting for the game to start." He said, taking a sip of the glass of water he had stored in the cupholder of the seat. ​"Do you know if the rest of the team will be here?" He asked. Their schedule was crazy, so he could fully understand people using the free time to do something other than quidditch. 

Blaine looked up when suddenly the conversation he was having with Hunter was disrupted by a journalist. Blaine couldn't deny feeling a bit uneasy by the situation. By now, he was used to the press. He had done countless post-match interviews and a few more personal interviews after the press got in contact with his agents, but sitting here with his pregnant girlfriend, it just didn't seem the right time for Blaine. Nienor didn't ask to be a part of this. Handling the press was Blaine's job, and he very much liked to keep Nienor out of it. "Sorry, not with my wife present." Blaine told the journalist. "I can talk after the game."

• Hunter Bennett and Jessica Hwang like this

#28 OFFLINE   Head Healer Jin Marrow-Chauveau

Head Healer Jin Marrow-Chauveau

Head Healer of St. Mungo's, Tyr Alumni; Spell Damage and Potions & Poisons Healer

• St. Mungo's Head Healer
  • 1043 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:57 PM

"I'm so ready to just rest the whole day tomorrow and for the next two months." Jin answered the Minister with a tired grin. Yep, starting tomorrow, she's on her maternity leave and she can't wait for some lazy days. As much as she loved working, she also could not deny the fact that she deserved a damn break. Soon enough, more people came. Turning to Donovan, Jin smiled again in thanks. Her attention snapped to the Minister when she addressed the healers. Yeah, has she mentioned she's scary as hell? She felt bad for the reporters... and the security because apparently, they're going to get fired tomorrow. Damn, she sure is the boss. Once that's settled, Jin and the Minister chat some more until it's time for them to open and start the match.

Jin smiled gratefully at the Minister when she started the opening speech. She doesn't like too much attention like this but in this case, she has no choice. She gotta open the quidditch game and to be honest, she's so looking forward to throwing the quaffle once the teams have settled to their rightful places. The Minister's reminder made her smile, and she stood there a step behind her, listening to her talk. The woman is tall, and when she said tall, she really is tall. Jin isn't a tiny woman but compared to her, she seemed like a dwarf so that's saying something. She excudes power like no one she had ever seen. It's both amazing and scary to be in her presence, I'm telling you. 

"Thank you, Minister." She told her once she was given the time to speak. Using Sonorus as well, Jin followed suit. "Welcome everyone! Like what the Minister said, the Hospital would highly appreciate your monetary donations. We thank you in advance for your help. It will help fund a new wing we're planning to build focusing on the mental health of our patients. The money can also be of great service in terms of buying new equipments that would, no doubt, help more people in the future. Now, without further ado... let's watch something fun, shall we? Don't forget to cheer the loudest for your team! I'm honored to introduce to you... the KENMARE KESTRELS!" Jin and the rest watched in awe as they did their introduction. After half a minute has passed, she continued the introductions. "Now, please welcome the BALLYCASTLE BATS!" The other team had their own show to give and Jin grinned from ear to ear. "Wonderful! Players, take your positions, please." The players took their respective positions in the field and with a wave of her wand, the quaffle hovered at the center. "LET THE GAMES... BEGIN!" With another wave of her wand, the blugders and the golden snitch were also released and then league championship has begun!

• Émilie Selwyn likes this

#29 OFFLINE   Émilie Selwyn

Émilie Selwyn

French Canon, Beauxbatons transfer, Official Hufflepuff Alumna, Philanthropist at St. Mungo's

• St. Mungo's Staff
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationCôte d'Azur
  • Wand Type:Cypress with Veela Hair, 12 1/4", Combustible
  • Nickname(s):Ém, Émsie

Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:46 PM

She had to put an arm around Don as he was getting a bit playful, and swallowed the need to roll her eyes, finding it amusing, and chided him discreetly as if she wasn't into it. Émilie ended up clicking her tongue at his comment and turned to look at him. "You know that's my favorite hobby, amor." Ém whispered back and placed a couple kisses on his cheek, trying really hard to not give the others a show as this was a work-related event and needed to behave, at least until the game started.

It was beyond amazing how Jin managed to be there, greeting everyone and hosting the game when her belly was already that big. Émilie thought that she'd like to be seated or lying on a bed if she were pregnant (which was never going to happen according to her), and it was maybe one of the main reasons she admired the woman, acting so kind and welcoming when pregnancy had to mess with you entirely. She preferred not to think much of another human growing inside of you, and simply smiled and nodded as both Jin and the Minister congratulated them, shaking the latter's hand. "Thank you so much. Enjoy the game, Minister." Ém turned to look at Don with a smile as he spoke to her as well, and simply watched the woman go find a seat. They were talking to both Cayden and Izzy, who she didn't know were a couple, but they looked good together, regardless. "You're so kind! You look incredible yourself. Let's just hope they win today, then." She wasn't cheering on any of teams, but would try and see how they played, hoping the Irish were as big as people made them sound. At Don's suggestion, she put a hand on her neck as she'd been wanting a drink for long now. "That would be fantastic," She could read him now like a letter. "We'll leave you two at it, then. Hopefully see you after the match?" Someone's voice reached her ears and Émilie turned to see another journalist had arrived and, much to her surprise, the man spoke to her. She did enjoyed attention but being a recent graduate, she hadn't expected for it to happen, at least not so soon. Looking at Don, she put on a smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Malcom. Yes, of course." But Minister Fallon didn't seem to be too happy about that. Somehow, she felt back at school and spared the journalist a glance. "We could do it later, then?" She could stay a couple of minutes after the game as she thought it was important to speak about the Philanthropy Liaison to get to more people.

While they waited for the game to start, Émilie glanced around the room, but not even all the Secretaries had arrived, or were probably downstairs. "Is anyone in here worth talking to?" She asked Don without looking at him as she kept on surveying the area. They didn't have much time, just enough to grab their drinks, and then the Minister's voice boomed all over the place. "It's time, babe." She took Don's hand and led them to their seats. She wasn't expecting the big show both teams had pulled, nor the roaring crowd. All the stunts, the flying around the stadium, the fireworks, well, they set the mood, and suddenly felt excited about the match, at least a little bit. The match started then and the Bats had taken the lead. "How much money did you bet, monsieur Selwyn?" She gave him an unamused look and shook her head, thinking bets were such an easy waste.

• Isabelle Hyland and Donovan Selwyn like this

#30 OFFLINE   Donovan Selwyn

Donovan Selwyn

Hogwarts Canon, Psychokinesis, Official Slytherin Alumnus, Le Havre de Cannes Owner

• Dark Wizard
  • Others: Adult, Shopkeeper
  • 1393 posts
  • LocationCôte d'Azur
  • Wand Type:12 3/4 inch Willow with Unicorn Hair, Brittle
  • Nickname(s):Don

Posted 11 August 2020 - 01:33 AM

In Don's defense he was being perfectly well behaved...for now. Any grabby hands were done discreetly as he knew this was an important event for Émilie, but what was Domilie without the playfulness? The two flirted constantly, which is what kept their relationship so lively, both of them always giving the other attention and through the secret glances and whispers they spoke their own language. Don smirked at her commment and refrained from commenting but his look said it all- keep teasing me and see what happens- and inwardly chuckled to himself.

The attention turned to the small group, shaking hands with the Minister and found it a bit comical, considering his illegal ties, but kept the smugness well hidden. He did, however, smile genuinely as she congratulated them and nodded his head in thanks before moving on to standing by Cayden and Izzy. The Irish seemed to have swept most of the box since the large majority were rooting for them. Once the small chit chat was over, he saw as the couple left them to be alone, waving them politely off. He placed a hand on the small of her back, also surveying the area, having an eye when it came to those with deep pockets and was about to point her in a particular direction when a journalist came to speak to her. As Ém looked at him, he silently encouraged her with a smile and let go of her, taking a step back to give her proper space and nodded in acknowledgment to the man who was reporting. No more than a few seconds had passed and the media was being shooed away, which made Don look at the Minister curiously, not thinking she was so fierce but admired tbat. And then the part he had been waiting for had arrived and gladly allowed himself to be lead to his seat. He was feeling lucky for sure- the Irish were on his side afterall and had his four leaf clover right next to him. The was no stress on his end by how the game had started since there was loads of time and leaned back comfortably and casually drapped an arm behind her. Don leaned in to listen to what she had to say and chuckled before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. He knew she disapproved of the type of large sums of money he placed on these things but more often than not he'd win big. "Let's just say that if my odds win we can have the new ward named after us, Mr and Mrs Donovan and Émilie Selwyn." Don said with a smirk, eyes glinting at the sound of that and reached for her left hand, gazing at her engagement ring for a moment before kissing the back of her hand, "I think the name flows nicely, don't you think?" And then an idea popped in his mind since they were talking about wagers and leaned in a bit closer, the rest of the people in the box too distracted to care to look at them. "How about you and I make our own little bet, though the prize would require a detour out of here." She'd know what he meant and despite her looking at him with a semi serious gaze, she couldn't resist that dashing smile and charm. Besides, they equally loved adding new locations to their list of many "detours". This would perhaps be the most fun and challenging.

#31 OFFLINE   Healer JC del Valle

Healer JC del Valle

Official Tyr Alumnus; Healing Hands; Animagus; Head of Potions and Plants Injuries Care

• St. Mungo's Healer
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationKungsholmgatan 20-1B, Stockholm, Sweden
  • Wand Type:11 1/2" Vine with Unicorn hair and Veela hair
  • Nickname(s):JC

Posted 11 August 2020 - 01:55 AM

JC controlled the urge to do an eyeroll for he respects Jin so much. She’s been an awesome boss, a friend and a colleague to him and the other healers for several years now. If not, he wouldn’t have lasted that long at St. Mungo’s. He loves his job but if you have issue with your boss, you’ll still leave your job to find something new that would fit your preference, but with Jin, it’s just like doing an internship all over again because you’re friends with literally everyone, including your boss. I really hope I will not regret this boss. He gave an emphasis on the last part. It was her who answered his question for Jared when she mentioned there’s a bunch of red heads somewhere. His gaze flashed between Jin and Jared as if waiting for confirmation. He’s not familiar with Jared’s personal life because he doesn’t usually ask his colleagues about it.

When the Minister stood up and shook both his and Jared’s hand, JC gladly returned it, surprised at the initiative from the Minister. Thank you Minister, it's an honor. He chuckled at her comment, No, we’re good, although I would have liked to be part of the roster. He said with an amused smile as he gazed at his boss again. When other distinguished personalities arrived at the VIP section, JC stepped aside and just took a sit while listening to their discussion and then occasionally watching the people at the stands. The crowd is overwhelming from where he’s seated. He enjoyed the snacks and the drinks provided but he knew deep inside, he’s not going to watch the game from here. Too formal, too silent, and too uncomfortable for his liking.

After few minutes, the Minister addressed the crown and that was JC’s signal to go out. He tapped Jin’s shoulder gently and whispered, I’ll watch outside boss. He left her with a smile. Before he closed the door of the VIP section, JC gave one last look at the Minister while she’s doing her opening remarks. On his way to the stands, it was then Jin gave her opening speech, he walked briskly so as not to miss anything.

/ Exit JC

#32 OFFLINE   Nicolas Alcaldo

Nicolas Alcaldo

Ydalir Alumni; Castelobruxo Transfer; Jeff's Dad; Appleby Arrows Chaser

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • 521 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Wand Type:Aspen with Dragon Heartstring, 12 1/2 inches
  • Nickname(s):Nic
  • Relationship Status:Engaged

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:57 PM

[Permission to crash granted by Jin's writer, and ya, permission given to throw his butt out.]

Personally, while Nic enjoyed a good bout of Quidditch, he wasn't about to root for a team that isn't his own. Priorities, he has them. Plus, this wasn’t truly a typical Quidditch match. It was a “let’s all rub elbows and pat ourselves on our backs for our generosity” match. An ass-kissing affair where people made it rain. It’s not that he doesn’t care about a good cause. Heck, if he’d paid attention enough to know what the cause was, he might actually care. Instead the man found himself facing hours of not him playing Quidditch in a stadium with loads of folks. Were he still into his lesser vices, this would prove a wonderful occasion to go “nuts.” Unfortunately, he’s clean as a monk (eh), and worse? His bride-to-be is off gallivanting with dragons. It’s not that he doesn’t find her job hot. He super does, but it did leave him to his own whims on occasions such as today. As for his buddies, Nic had no clue where Mat was, but perhaps in some sort of hovel with a mountain of powder. If the guy ate some waffles later, he was fine with the backslide. Don was off rubbing…elbows with his own bride-to-be. He couldn’t tell you what Em did for a living. Something that scored them VIP tickets. Personally, Nic didn’t give a hippogriff’s butt about the view or the fancy setup. He wants in on the food. Can you imagine what fancy food they have in that place? I’m talking purposely tiny hot dogs. Some with their buns baked on. Fancy little shrimps next to a mountain of fruit fashioned into some obnoxious shape. Maybe into different Quidditch balls? And you KNOW those fancy farts in the VIP suite aren’t appreciating that food like it should be. He can’t have that. There is enough darkness in this world, folks. So, Nic riffles in his closet for his fanciest attire. A suit that would dazzle even the most hardened of street fellows. And if anyone has any questions about his level of fancy? He directs their attention to his sunglasses and pimp cane, each rotating through different currency symbols, both muggle and magic. Please keep in mind as this man walks into a perfectly lovely suite with this on that he not only was raised properly among pure blood society, but he grew up the son of a diplomat. Nic can dress himself nice. However, today? His outfit needed a bit more….pizazz. Now about those mini hog dogs...

Edited by Nicolas Alcaldo, 11 August 2020 - 08:58 PM.

• Head Healer Jin Marrow-Chauveau and Émilie Selwyn like this

#33 OFFLINE   Hunter Bennett

Hunter Bennett

Keeper of the Republic of Ireland National Team, Salem Alumni, Animagus, Lycan Telepathy, Celebrity

• Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Adult, Celebrity
  • 593 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Wand Type:12" Larch wood with dragon heartstrings, Slightly Yielding
  • Nickname(s):Hunter
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:33 AM

Hunter bumped his first into Blaine’s as the guy greeted him back. “Happy to be here.” He chucked and turned this attention to his partner whom he introduced as Nienor. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Nienor.” He extended his hand for a handshake. Noting her delicate condition, Hunter smiled, “And congratulations on your baby!” Speaking of kids, Blaine said his greeting for Harper, “Sure, I will tell him that, he’s been bugging me to get your signature too.” He laughed; his son can be too hyper at times. He sipped on his wine again just as Blaine asked him if the rest of their teammates will be here. “I’ve actually expected they’ll be here hence why I came.” It was in that moment when the journalist approached them for a quick interview, whom Blaine politely declined but Hunter acknowledged.

At Miss Hwang's question, he cringed. “Uuuuuuhh, that’s a tough question, Miss Hwang.” Everyone has a favorite team or even player, although most of them would never admit that. He chuckled and shook his head, “I don’t think I do…I’d like to give both teams a fair chance to prove their worth.” But of course, no one treats all teams equally, it’s part of human nature. Hunter is also a part of a team which people adore and idolize too so he thought it’s not fair for him to be giving his opinion on which team is better than the other. Especially if he’s just going to based it on limited amount of information, often times hear-say, media reports or one of the experiences. Although he’s got good amount of exposure in this sport, he didn’t want to be that someone who relies on stereotypical information about players and teams.

He was saved by the bell when the Minister addressed the Daily Prophet employees. Hunter grinned at the lady journalist, “Well...I think that concludes my attendance here Miss Hwang, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He turned to Blaine and his partner Neinor. “I’ll be going now, seems like the game will start in few minutes.” He tapped Blaine’s (gm?) shoulder, “I’ll see you later man!” While the Minister is giving her introductory speech, Hunter slipped quietly out of the VIP section to go back to the Stands. For sure his son Harper is screaming his heart out now due to excitement.

/ exit Hunter

Edited by Hunter Bennett, 12 August 2020 - 06:36 AM.

• Jessica Hwang likes this

#34 OFFLINE   Maja Moretto

Maja Moretto

Official Slytherin Alumna, French Adult

• Adult
  • 348 posts
  • LocationGenova, Italia
  • Wand Type:Cherry Tree, Veela Hair, 10", Quite Bendy
  • Nickname(s):May, Yaya, Gio

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:23 AM

Her smile didn't falter and she turned to look at Josef, rolling her eyes and eyeing him again, from his eyes to his lips, but busied herself with the champagne, realizing it didn't quite taste as good as she got a weird aftertaste, him distracting her from that as he spoke up. Maja stared at his hand, then looked back into his eyes, allowing for him to take it as she cupped his only, to turn it around and inspect it, keeping the contact. "I can't see the scar... did it heal completely?" She didn't mean to go back to that night again, but it showed she cared about his well-being after how awful his hand looked and him not getting the attention he needed promptly. Her fingers touched the skin gingerly, her eyes travelling once more up to his face. "Yeah... yes, why not?" There was a bit of a lack of enthusiasm from her part, but attempted to put on a smile and then left for the windows, searching for Luca and Ryan.

Maja smirked at his question and stared off into the distance as she remembered the Beauxbâtons days, when everything was easier, and she hadn't fractued the relationship with Lirije, Zora and Luca. "Never played at school, except in those Quidditch classes offered. We would play every position, and my favorite was chaser. I always wanted to join the team, but then the attack happened, and when I became a Slytherin student..." She shrugged, turning to face him. Luca had snatched the last position and, therefore, the dream from her. He had never expressed him interest in joining the team, which was probably the reason why she had taken it so personally and to heart. "I lost interest." Yeah, right. Good thing she was able to distract him with Ryan, and laughed softly. "He's continuously asking about it. And you, of course."

She looked past him when the Minister ushered the journalists and made a face, feeling somewhat embarrassed for them. Not long after that, did the woman addressed everyone and Maja took Josef's hand so they could go back to their seats. Somehow, she felt uncomfortable due to the noise, as if bothered her, and started thinking why on earth was everyone so loud and cheering like that, despite knowing too well the most important match of the season would take place in just a couple minutes. She didn't know it was because of her hormones raging and making her all moody. The players flying around to give everyone a show helped her feel slightly better, but then felt a lump in her throat, as if she wanted to cry. Maja would love to be one of those, and for some reason, seeing them had gotten all emotional and thinking on her little self longing to become a Quidditch player. She wasn't crying, but was taking small sips of her champagne to hide her sudden change of demeanor from Josef, all while holding his hand. The game started and she was having a hard time following it as the queasiness didn't go away, and the more she drank from her flute, the worse she felt. Why couldn't she enjoy a freaking game? But once the uneasiness decreased, she sat up properly and cheered for the KK once they recovered the quaffle. That had been such a good save.

• Official Josef Klaasen likes this

#35 OFFLINE   Isabelle Hyland

Isabelle Hyland

Animal Telepathy, Official Slytherin Alumna, Owner of Bayside Distillery

• Shopkeeper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationIreland
  • Wand Type:11" 3/4, Cherrywood, Kelpie Heartstring
  • Nickname(s):Izzy
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 13 August 2020 - 05:42 PM

Once the pleasantries were over, Izzy moved away with Cayden towards the corner as he stopped one of the waiters and got her a drink. She appreciated the little things he did for her despite everything she put him through. To the eyes, Izzy and Cayd may be a couple but in reality they weren't. She was being silly about her personal commitment issues and keeping him at bay. Still, it didn't stop her from tagging along with him like a couple. "Thank you." Isabelle tipped the glasses, tasting it just a little. It was flavored to be strawberry and mint and she was pretty sure it was a strawberry mojito, her favorite. Following Cayden's gaze towards the investors and important personalities seated, Isabelle viewed them all shrugging in the end. They looked all the same to her so there wasn't much difference and she was honestly not the best person to give her two cents when it came to it. Izzy lacked observational skills to the core. "So why don't you give them something additional they can benefit from?" She asked, probably the most obvious question, but it was still one for her. The opening of the match was announced and they all took their seats. Isabelle fell silent as she watched the match with great interest. The Bats started stronger but the Kestrels had a really good keeper, who also looks good by the way even though he's at a distance. She's seen his posters enough to know that the man is charming. There was a lot of chasing and blocking until the Kestrels scored. If Izzy was out on the fan base, she would have cheered a lot for her country team but here she just clapped, her heart pumping up in excitement. The game just got really exciting.

• Cayden Charmaine likes this

#36 OFFLINE   Official Josef Klaasen

Official Josef Klaasen

Secretary of Magical Transportation

• Ministry Secretary
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 August 2020 - 10:53 PM

Josef simply stared at her with a small smile, eyes slightly showing his disappointment because he knew that Maja was shielding herself from his sweet and nice words. It had been a rough few weeks since the incident and she had expressed to him that she didn't know how to really answer him when he asked if they could have a second chance. He wanted a clean slate, to start anew, and do things right this time. He felt when she had accepted to go to Naples with him, it was slowly going in the right direction because she had at least agreed to join him for a public event. They had done some talking during dinner that night in Italy but they felt like strangers and had dropped her back home, yearning for something more and no, not anything lustfully gratifying, but innocent affections. She had allowed him a chaste kiss, but that was about it and after that day gradually worked his way back in her heart and to gain her trust. Josef was going out of his way to show he cared and checked up on her during busy work days by sending her owls. A couple of times he had send a bouquet of flowers in the morning so she could wake up to something as beautiful and breathtaking as she was. He was momentarily distracted by these thoughts but blinked as he felt her touch over his knuckles and asked if it had healed completely. Inwardly he cursed to himself because it seemed everything always surrounded that night and simply nodded. He had barely taken care of it if he were being honest and was shocked it hadn't left permanent damage though the skin felt much coarser than before. "You're sweet, babe. It's all better." Josef couldn't help but notice that despite it all, she had asked the question because she cared about his safety and not the drudge up that awful night. "I was just asking. I didn't know if you had other plans."

Luckily things turned less tense when they were both standing by the windows and listened to her talk about Quidditch and the way she spoke of it made him curious as to why she had lost interest. She had a sparkle in her eye when she spoke of the sport, clearly a passion of hers and tilted his head to the side, but didn't ask. Perhaps that could be a topic of conversation for another time. "Chaser definitely suits you..." He leaned in and whispered flirtatiously by her ear, "Very limber and energetic." He smirked recalling all their good times in his mind and turned to the windows, eyes narrowing slightly as he tried to look for her brother and Ryan. It was difficult to do so amongst the sea of people, "Maybe one of these days the three of us can hang out. They opened this new candy shop not far from my apartment. I think he'd like that." This suggestion coming from Josef was big, considering how he felt about children, but he liked Ryan, despite giving him a bit of a hard time at times and making him nervous because he actually enjoyed the three of them hanging out. 

After the commotion he rolled his eyes, feeling annoyed by the blatant lack of respect for the Minister and all the attendees in the box. He shook his head in disapproval and smoothed out the front of his suit's jack as he sat down. He gazed at their interlocked fingers, the top of his thumb grazing her hand when he noticed something a little off about her. At first he pegged it as just her giving him the cold shoulder but this was attributed to something else entirely. His eyes went back up to the entrance where one wizard was completely making a mockery of himself and narrowed his eyes in suspicion. Call it a gut feeling if you will, but he just felt uneasy and looked serious as he slowly turned his eyes back to the field once the game started. It was a good game with the bat trying but the KK taking the lead, which of course made Maja celebrate. The uneasy feeling only left him momentarily and stood up, excusing himself from Maja politely as he walked casually around, not veering far from his seat and when he returned most had gotten up from their seat in anticipation for a possible other goal, but there was a sigh heard all around. Before she could sit back down, he grabbed Maja's hand and feigned a grimace. "Hey love I"m not feeling really well. I think the start of a migraine. You think they have coffee around here?" They did, all the way in the back of the booth. Something was telling him to step away from the windows. Why? He didn't know but always knew to just follow his instinct. He didn't tell her what he was thinking as to not scare her and if he was wrong then the worse that happened was that he'd get coffee. 

• Maja Moretto likes this

#37 OFFLINE   Minister Xander Ryuu

Minister Xander Ryuu

Minister for Magic, Official Gryffindor Alumnus, Telepath, Animagus

• Minister for Magic
  • 3925 posts
  • Location8 Victoria Road, Holyhead Realty
  • Wand Type:12 ¼ in Yew with Crup Hair, Graphorn Horn & Pogrebin hair

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:44 AM

If you’ll ask Xander, he will rather just go directly to the Quidditch pitch so that he can join his family. Right now, he is the epitome of a proud dad knowing his eldest son will be playing in his first big quidditch game. He can still remember the times they play quidditch outside their house together with his buddy Dylan where Alec and Tori’s involvement in quidditch began. That’s where Xander watched his then younger son play his first quidditch game, seeing him fly around their house’s vicinity with his friends and siblings chasing the quaffle in a one big mass of youngsters. He and Dylan helped each other to explain the rules of Quidditch to the kids to fully understand the game and they picked up easily on a lot of the little intricacies of quidditch at such an early age. His son’s love for quidditch continued at Hogwarts where he played for Gryffindor for years and received distinction for it. Now, Xander here, is a proud dad, about to watch his son reach his dream. Any father’s heart would be full of mixed emotions in this situation. His family and all his friends are here to support Alec and Tori, they will not miss it for the world.

But work is work, he needed to report to the Minister first before going back to his family and friends. Despite struggling to control his excitement, Xander stayed for a while just in case the Minister needs something from him. Few more minutes and Xander was finally satisfied that everything’s okay and the Minister is in good mood too aside from the little warning given to the few Daily prophet journalists. Xander looked at them, slightly amused but he didn’t say anything. Seeing as the Minister is getting ready for her speech, Xander gave the woman a curt nod before turning toward the door. The Minister will know where to look for him in case she needs him, for now, he will give his full attention to his family, including his son who’s about to compete.

/Exit Xander

#38 OFFLINE   Head Healer Jin Marrow-Chauveau

Head Healer Jin Marrow-Chauveau

Head Healer of St. Mungo's, Tyr Alumni; Spell Damage and Potions & Poisons Healer

• St. Mungo's Head Healer
  • 1043 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:40 PM

Jin and the Minister announced the start of the game and soon after everyone went wild - both in and out of the pitch and Jin watched with a smile as the crowd cheered for their respective teams. Is she rooting for any team tonight? Nope, Appleby Arrows is her favorite team and it's too bad that they didn't get to this point but it's okay, she still thinks they're the best. She shook the Minister's hand again and was about to go back to her seat when she spotted a new man (Nicolas) entering the VIP section and she's pretty sure that he doesn't belong in that room. Jin knew he can't be a ministry official, no one's greeting him and he's focused on the food, of all things. That was a solid giveaway and before the Minister could go ahead and fire another security guard, Jin walked over the man and tapped his shoulder gently. "Excuse me, I think you're not in the correct room." She told him with a tight-lipped smile but her eyes are narrowed. "I suggest you leave before the security escorts you out. We don't appreciate trespassing, this is a private area."

#39 OFFLINE   Official Jayden Malcolm

Official Jayden Malcolm

Unspeakable, Metamorphmagus, Official Slytherin Alumnus

• Ministry Official
  • Others: Dark Wizard
  • 1008 posts
  • LocationHogwarts
  • Wand Type:12" Yew Wood, Chimaera Scale Fragment.

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:58 PM

Jayden preferred watching the match from the South Zone like normal people but Savannah had asked him to tag along and he can't deny her. He can never deny her over anything so the idiot that he was, he agreed. They were walking away from the south stands where she dropped by to meet her family, an awkward interaction if he must. "We'll figure out a way." Jayden replied soothingly, glancing to the stands where the crowd was piling up. The Kestrels fans were more than the Bats although both are Irish teams. He shook his head as they entered the VIP Lounge, Savvi dragging him along to the Minister and another woman who he presumed to be the Head Healer. He nodded at the two in polite greeting letting Sav do all the talking. Jayden has seen the new Minister around their Department but he's not yet met her properly, until now. Once they were done with, he moved away with her staring towards the view. Green dominated one side of the area while red was a part of the other. "It's the nervousness before a match. He's in the finals, there is a lot of pressure on him." Jace was his best friend too and he knew how the boy felt about the crowd. To make matters worse, he was told the captains were very strict and he would be lying if he wasn't nervous. Jayden looked down at Savannah as she pinned the badge on him. They were so close, he could even hear her breathing. His eyes lit up at the smile she gave him, automatically receiving one in return as she moved away and turned to face her brother. His hair had turned a light shade of red which he turned back to bluish-black to avoid the stares. "He's going to be fine." Jayden rubbed her shoulders and drove her towards one of the chairs after getting drinks and a quick snack to eat. "Come on, the match is starting." It did with the Minister and Head Healer making the announcement. For the first few minutes, the match was a blur with both teams trying to score. For the longest time it went on like that until Kestrels scored, followed by the Bats. Jayden groaned but it was only a tie which is not half bad. The goal was blocked again and Bats were going for another goal. He felt his heart beating faster at the way the game was happening and took a look at Savvi who looked equally tensed and involved in the game.

#40 OFFLINE   Healer Jared Wayland

Healer Jared Wayland

Former Headmaster of Durmstrang, Head of Magical Injuries Care

• St. Mungo's Healer
  • Others: Adult, Durmstrang Professor Emeritus, Head Professor
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:35 PM

Jared was only passing by the VIP area for the sake of keeping up appearances. Though he had invitation to seat with the VIPs, he honestly prefer to be with family especially since his niece was playing. He wanted to show his full support for Astrid and he can only do that when he is out there on the stands with his family. Jin was indeed blooming. She is very pregnant, obviously, and had been busy coordinating the whole thing but despite all that, she still looks gorgeous as ever. ­"You know that’s not true," he chuckled. Ladies, they just can’t take the compliment, can they? ­He really didn’t have a choice since Jin required all the heads to come and support the game. Plus, Astrid was playing. Clarissa would burn him to death if he didn’t come to support her daughter. Speaking of burning family members, Jared turned to JC when he arrived. ­"I am, actually. I’m just dropping by for attendance check." he was grinning since he knew for a fact that Jin had forced the man to come to the game too and it was obvious by the way he answered the Minister’s question. ­"One of the Bats’ chaser is my niece so the whole family is here to support. If you see a bunch of pale redheads, that’s the Waylands." The redhead gene was very strong in their family when it comes to the ladies but for the guys, they were not so lucky. The Minister shook his hand and he smiled at her. Her aura demands respect and he could see why she was elected as the new Minister. ­"The pleasure is all mine, Minister. Thank you." He returned the pleasantries. As for leaving the hospital unattended, he joked about it to tease Jin. ­"You’ve got this lady right here to blame for that." He motioned towards Jin with a grin on his face. The VIP area started getting more crowded as the other invited personalities arrived. The game was going to start soon so he needs to go find the rest of his crazy family to watch the game. ­"Well, I will bid my adieu." With a slight bow, he exited the VIP area to join the Waylands. Maybe he’ll get to wish Astrid best of luck before she gets on the pitch.

[Jared exits]

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users