Welcome to the very first Camp Avalon Olympics!
OOC Premise: Students and cabins will get to compete against one another in the name of Hogwarts Online's Anniversary.
IC Premise: In this big event, students will get to demonstrate their skills in various athletic disciplines. At the end of the event, individual event winners will be announced, and one cabin will be crowned the winner for racking up the most wins. Be sure not to miss out on the Opening Ceremony held at the start of the event, and join us at the Winners' Feast to celebrate the victories.
IC Time Span: One weekend.
OOC Time Span: July 22nd to August 18th.
The Winner's Circle
This is the OOC area of the event. Here you'll find contests and RP Challenges to earn house points, and discussion topics to celebrate yet another successful year of HO.
From the Sidelines
This is the regular RP area of the event; the only area where RP Challenges are to be completed. The Opening Ceremony will be opening on July 26th for all to enjoy, and the Winners' Feast will close out the event, where all the winners will be announced.
- The game/event of each topic is the RP prompt.
- RP Challenges are not to be completed in this area.
- There is no tagging within these topics; everyone RPs within the same space, though it is up to you if you interact with the others or not.
- Each post must be at least 5 sentences long.
- No double-posting permitted.
- The first 10 posts made by a character in each game topic are worth 10 points each.
- Any subsequent posts are worth 2 points each.
- All posts must be numbered.
- First person to hit 10 posts within a given game topic gets a 50 point bonus.
- Second person to hit 10 posts within a given game topic gets a 45 point bonus.
- Third person to hit 10 posts within a given game topic gets a 40 point bonus.
- First, second, and third place winners of every game topic will get a mention at the Winners Feast.
- There's a 3-event win limit per character. Should a character be in the top 3 more than 3 times, the award will go to the next person to hit the 10 post mark. The exception is if at the end of the event, there's an absence of other qualifying candidates.
- If the 10 posts aren't met, then the awards will be given on the basis of the most posts within that topic.
A huge thank you to the Cabin Leaders, Prof. Leander Markowitz, Official Liam Kartak, and Prof. Annabelle Nylund for putting this event together!