Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2019 VirteQ

Photo

Holiday Address

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Sorcha Logan

Prof. Sorcha Logan

Headmistress of Hogwarts, Director of Student Life

• Governor (G)
  • Others: Head Professor, Hogwarts Head Staff (H), Hufflepuff Affiliate
  • 8,264 posts
  • LocationStefland
  • Wand Type:16" Purple heart with Phoenix Ash, whippy
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:26 PM

GKzc3AB.png

Greetings & Salutations!

Another year at Hogwarts Online has passed us by and as I sit here writing this important holiday message, I am reminded of the very first holiday address I read when I joined from Professor Chauncey Clemenceau. It was so full of hope for what great things were to come for our humble site and it called upon all of the membership to share in being a part of it. This year, I find myself writing a similar and yet unique message to our current membership.

In the preceding years, Hogwarts Online has seen many great changes: we added two schools in the last couple of years, but we also closed one; we established three magical governments, where now we have one unified Ministry; and we have seen countless faces come and go since the beginning of 2018. This year we said farewell to so many amazing Governors, Professors, and friends... Yet even reflecting on these losses makes me smile.

I smile for the memories that were made, for the friendships, for the amazing contributions to our community, yes, but I also smile knowing that Hogwarts Online continues to be bigger than any one of us. For almost 14 years, we have schisms and hacks, comings and goings, active and inactive seasons, but no matter what we throw at it our home has always been here, resolute, arms wide open, ready to go with us on our next adventure. This site is bigger than any one person, even me. Me? I am just a humble servant to Hogwarts Online like all Governors who came before me and when I am gone a new leader will take my place.

And no matter how far you roam, when you return Hogwarts Online will be waiting there to take you on your next great adventure...

Happy Holidays,

Sorcha
  • Asahi Vern, Vivienne Matthews, Lorinda Whitsunday and 19 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users