Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2019 VirteQ

Photo

Administrative Changes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Sorcha Logan

Prof. Sorcha Logan

Headmistress of Hogwarts, Director of Student Life

• Governor (G)
  • Others: Head Professor, Hogwarts Head Staff (H), Hufflepuff Affiliate
  • 8,264 posts
  • LocationStefland
  • Wand Type:16" Purple heart with Phoenix Ash, whippy
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

As many of you may already be aware through social media or simply seeing the sorting of various accounts on the site change, there have been several administrative changes this week. I bring these announcements to you with a heavy heart, because each resignation was accepted for the members' personal reasons for leaving their position(s) and the forum, and they will be sorely missed.

First, we announce the resignation of governors Alaina Balthazar and Blake Balthazar. Alaina and Blake have served HO for many years tirelessly and have been essential parts of what has kept the site so successful. They worked together to lead the academics commission on top of their separate governor duties and each led Hufflepuff house during their tenure on the site as well. It is impossible to name all of the jobs these two writers were responsible for, and their absence will be felt. We want to thank them for all of their efforts and dedication over the last few years.

In addition, we announce the resignation of Headmistress Annabelle Nylund from all of her positions on the site. Annabelle has been a member of HO for nearly as long as the site has been in existence and she has dedicated countless time to improving the site. She served as head of house while also executing the responsibilities of headmistress, and put forth tremendous effort in designing and implementing the site plot that took place through the fall term. Durmstrang/Sweden especially owe her a great deal of gratitude for her time and efforts, though the site as a whole will feel the loss that comes with her resignation. We want to thank her for the time she volunteered to the site and know she will be missed.

We also must announce the resignation of head of house Liam Kartak. Liam has been with HO almost since the beginning of the site as well and has served HO in many ways over the last 11+ years. Liam was always reliable, honest, and trustworthy in his work, and above all else was a friend to many. Liam made the site feel more like a family and helped Slytherin house achieve levels of activity that it had not experienced for some time prior to his position in the house. The site owes Liam a great deal of gratitude for the time spent helping to better the site and community at large, and his writer will be deeply missed.

Next we need to announce the resignation of Henry Zelany. Henry has been a member of HO for many years and has served HO on different accounts in various ways and has been thanked for his service in those areas of the site. Henry most recently served as deputy head of Gryffindor and will be missed. We want to thank Henry for the time his writer put into helping to improve the site and Gryffindor house.

We also announce the resignation from head of house Vanaheim house of Prof. Maximilian Nykvist. While Max will remain on HO, he has decided to scale back in positions on the site. We want to thank him for his time in the position of head of house.

Finally we must announce the resignation of deputy head of house Max Fae-Girdenlockks. Max has served Slytherin house for several terms now, but has experienced difficulties maintaining activity within the position due to real life responsibilities. She is resigning from her role as deputy head of house, but is maintaining a presence on the site. We want to thank her for bringing such spirit to the name of Slytherin and are glad she will remain among us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, fellow members, the forum has suffered a great loss this week in several key administrators. Britney and I have been working diligently this week to resolve the gaps that have been left in the absence of these beloved administrators. That being said, we have already selected a few members to take on some of the vacated roles.

Prof. Caleb Rothwell has joined the governors team. Caleb has been a professor for a short time, but a dedicated member of the site much longer and has shown great leadership and activity in the past. We have not finished the discussion for which commission Caleb will take on, so that will be announced after final decisions have been made.

Prof. Guinevere Meredith is taking on the position of Head of Slytherin house. She has been a member of HO since 2006 and has been dedicated to maintaining activity on the site. She has shown leadership in Slytherin house on her student accounts, and is ready to take on the leadership of the house.

Prof. Vincent MacRanald has been promoted into the position of Hufflepuff head of house. While Vincent only recently gained the position of house leadership in Hufflepuff, his writer has shown leadership on the site in other capacities and we know he will lead the house well.

Prof. Jared Wayland has been named Headmaster of Durmstrang. Jared recently took on the head of Niflheim house position and is eager to help maintain activity at Durmstrang in this new position.

Prof. Isabella Rose will be making a return to HO, though she has been a member and maintained friendships with the site since 2006. She is going to take on the position of deputy head of Slytherin house and we welcome her into that position.

We are still looking to fill several roles that are vacant after the above mentioned resignations. Many teaching positions and department head positions are now available. Britney and I will continue to post updates about administrative changes as we find people to fill roles. We are still seeking members to join the governors team to help with the vacant commissions, we still need a Gryffindor deputy head of house and Hufflepuff deputy head of house, and Durmstrang has several areas of need as well. If you are interested in helping out in any capacity, you can express your interest to Britney or myself and we will be in touch with further opportunities.

Please join me in thanking the members who have resigned from their positions with the site, and join me in welcoming the members who will be stepping into their new roles.

• Prof. Aqua Rye, Giselle DLisle, Prof. Guinevere Meredith and 9 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   Heon Jake Watson

Heon Jake Watson

Laholm Leopards Seeker & Captain

• Swedish Pro-Quidditch Player
  • Others: Swedish Adult
  • 26 posts
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

Thank you so much to Alaina, Blake, Annabelle, Henry, Liam, Maximillian and Maxie, for all that you've done to the site and school!! You will all be missed!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#3 OFFLINE   Prof. Emerald Taverne

Prof. Emerald Taverne

DHOH of Gryffindor, Astronomy Department Head, Thespian Society Club Moderator

• Gryffindor House Administration
  • Others: Gryffindor Affiliate, Head Professor
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:09 PM

Thank you so much Alaina,Blake,Annabelle,Henry,Liam,Maximilian and Max for all that you have done for the school and the site you will all be missed ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Prof. Emerald Taverne, 21 December 2018 - 03:10 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Alden Song

Alden Song

Hufflepuff Quidditch Team Beater

• Hogwarts Prefect (P)
  • Others: Hufflepuff 4th Year, Hufflepuff Affiliate
  • 1,626 posts
  • Wand Type:11 1/4 inch, Hornbeam, Unicorn Hair, Reasonably Supple
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:12 PM

So sad :(

But thank you everyone for the hard work. You guys have made this site sooo amazing and homey that even though I left a couple times before, I always want to come back <3

And congratulations for the newly appointed admins, I know you'll do great! :)
  • Prof. Sorcha Logan and Prof. Guinevere Meredith like this

#5 OFFLINE   Wendy Heart

Wendy Heart
  • Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:13 PM

Thank for serving us. You are amazing and will be truly missed

#6 OFFLINE   Madame Eryka van der Zwan

Madame Eryka van der Zwan

Ravenclaw Alumna

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 5,558 posts
  • Location~adventureland~
  • Wand Type:wouldn'tyouliketoknowwho

Posted 21 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

I keep reading and rereading this shocking news.   I feel shocked after such a wonderful three months of well planned and executed plans.  The only way I can, wrap my mind around the sadness and loss by ... understanding that our magical family members... need to take break after the busiest of holidays, to recharge.  I certainally hope that you will stay and enjoy all that this stie offers, for HOme will not be the same without you the writers and characters.

To say, Thank You, seems the smallest of words, but they are deeply felt. 

For each of you have been generous with the gifts of your time and extensive amount of work you have done for our magical Wizarding World.   The genuine original and unique stories your characters have brought to HOgwarts and the Magical World, I have cherished reading and rereading over the years.   The doors you opened, the places you made available, the dreams you made take flight, the sitituations you made into page turners that like the books, I revisit.

Malhalo and Aloha to Alaina, Max, Blake, Annabelle, Liam, Maximillian and Henry for the pages you brought to life.

To your own family, friends and alter egos, they will be missed and I hope that they will be romping about?

Until we meet again, Toodles~

the adventurous girl, the curious student, the daf professor, lazabout adult and reader.

#7 OFFLINE   Prof. Cleve Lawrence

Prof. Cleve Lawrence

Astronomy Department Chair, Ravenclaw Alumnus

• Hogwarts Professors
  • Others: Head Professor
  • 1,757 posts
  • Wand Type:Yew, 9" unicorn hair core
  • Blood Status:Half Blood

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:54 PM

So sad to see so many wonderful names listed as leaving, but I do wish you all well and send thanks for all you've done. All the very best, and hopefully come back soon.

• Prof. Demykata Dunkan likes this

#8 OFFLINE   Prof. Amhlaidh Haugen

Prof. Amhlaidh Haugen

Vanaheim HOH, Divinatory & Astronomy Arts Dept Head, Freyja Alumni, Hogwarts Transfer

• Vanaheim Head of House
  • Others: Head Professor, Vanaheim Affiliate
  • 2,928 posts
  • LocationHaugesborg, Ljósálfaheim near Trondheim (Norway)
  • Wand Type:(Main wand) 15” Ebony Wand, Graphel Horn Core; (Second Wand) 15" Beech Wand, Graphel Horn Core

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:16 AM

Yes, I noticed a couple of changes already, but these resignations are really a blow to our community.  :frantic:  I am glad there are persons who are available for the gaps that leave behind. For those resignated, good luck in RL and I hope we don't loose you entirely. You will be missed. You surely :Rock: while in position!

Congratulations to those appointed in their new positions! It's a comfort to know you will continue the legacy that is left behind.

:lion: :badger: :baldeagle: :snake: :wand: May the future shine as bright as it did before you're coming.

~ Aikari Salmarinian

Edited by Prof. Amhlaidh Haugen, 22 December 2018 - 05:17 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   Prof. Sorcha Logan

Prof. Sorcha Logan

Headmistress of Hogwarts, Director of Student Life

• Governor (G)
  • Others: Head Professor, Hogwarts Head Staff (H), Hufflepuff Affiliate
  • 8,264 posts
  • LocationStefland
  • Wand Type:16" Purple heart with Phoenix Ash, whippy
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:28 PM

Prof. Elizabethe Lapointebete is making a return to teaching at Hogwarts and will be fulfilling the deputy head of Hufflepuff position. She has experience with house leadership and we welcome her return.

Prof. Emerald Taverne is taking on the deputy head of Gryffindor position.

Prof. Leander Markowitz is taking on the position of head of Niflheim house.

• Lysander Scamander, Prof. Britney Bryne, Prof. Demykata Dunkan and 3 others like this

#10 ONLINE   Niko Kobayashi

Niko Kobayashi

Hufflepuff Quidditch Team Chaser

• Hogwarts Prefect (P)
  • Others: Hufflepuff 2nd Year, Hufflepuff Affiliate
  • 269 posts
  • LocationHiding under Alden's bed.

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:51 PM

Thank you all who have been in service to HO for as long as you all have! <3 

#11 OFFLINE   Aoyama Hideshi

Aoyama Hideshi
  • Ravenclaw 2nd Year
  • 85 posts
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:24 PM

Although I have been aware of this changes on FB, this post is still a shocking news.

Thank you all people who contributed to the site. You guys have made HO a welcome place. All the best and hope we will meet you again (on HO or other sites)

Congratulations to the newly appointed administrations. I know you guys will do great.

#12 OFFLINE   Annabeth Kane

Annabeth Kane

Metamorphmagus, Student Moderator of the Magically Gifted League, Junior Animal Healer

• Hufflepuff 7th Year
  • 4,168 posts
  • LocationLeicester
  • Wand Type:Cypress, Kelpie Mane, 9ince, Unyieding

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:17 AM

you will truly be missed I can remember having all great rp with you lot and HO will be different without you.  

#13 OFFLINE   Sabine Frost

Sabine Frost

Ravenclaw Quidditch Team Chaser

• Hogwarts Prefect (P)
  • Others: Ravenclaw 2nd Year, Ravenclaw Affiliate
  • 787 posts
  • Wand Type:Cherry, Dragon Heartstring, 10¾″, Quite Flexible

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:28 AM

I've only been here a short while, yet so many of those named have made me feel so welcome and I shall miss them - and appreciate their efforts to date that make this site such a great place to be :)

• Lysander Scamander and Prof. Amhlaidh Haugen like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users