Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Recaptcha Doesn't Work Anymore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tom Desjardins

Tom Desjardins
  • Slytherin 1st Year
  • 33 posts
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

Hello:

I've been trapped in an unfortunate loop lately. It all started with me forgetting my password (bad writer). Unable to sign in anymore, I've tried to get a new password by clicking on "I've forgotten my password". To get a new one though, I had to enter a captcha... that didn't exist. The website used to create the captchas (reCAPTCHA) looks dead: it doesn't give you any captcha to copy, and nothing works anymore. I've tried both visual captchas and the audio ones... nope.

No worry, I told myself: I'll post something as a guest and ask for help in the Q&A thread. But when I had typed my post explaining the issue, guess what popped up on my screen... yes: that captcha thing again !

So, to sum things up: if you lose your password, you're [Censored By The Groundskeeper]. Whatever you'll try to do, you'll be asked a captcha that won't show, and you'll be stuck in the web's no-man's-land, shouting at your own echoe in despair.

in my case, I miraculously ended up recalling my password, but I guess many other players could as well be facing the same problem right now, so I thought I'd put this here...

#2 OFFLINE   Prof. Heidi Haven

Prof. Heidi Haven

Head Tutor

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • Others: Adult, Ravenclaw Affiliate
  • 831 posts
  • LocationHogwarts
  • Wand Type:Hazel | Raven Feather | 14 Inches | Brittle
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:23 AM

This is a known site issue at the moment that Chauncey is trying to resolve. Until things are fixed and running normally again, affected parties can seek the aid of a Governor by either PMing them here or messaging them on Facebook. HO has an official Facebook group here.

#3 OFFLINE   Prof. Alaina Balthazar

Prof. Alaina Balthazar

Hufflepuff Alumna; Nonverbal Magic; Hufflepuff Affiliate

• Portrait
  • Others: Adult, Head Professor, Hogwarts Professors Emeriti, Hufflepuff Affiliate
  • 12449 posts
  • LocationHolyhead, United Kingdom
  • Wand Type:10 Inch | Alder | Unicorn Core | Slightly Springy
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

Password changes need to be done by admins at this time. Luckily, you've remembered yours, but getting in touch with a governor is always your best bet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users