Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2021 VirteQ

Photo

Pottermore!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
385 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

Before this 7-7-7 thing, I totally thought that at midnight (+0 GMT), it would just open, and the first million to register would get in. I was out at a lake during their midnight, so I brought my iPod, but it kept telling me the site was overwhelmed and automatically refreshing itself. biggrin.gif Stupid me. Should've known J. K. was smarter than that. But I still missed the clue.

What was the clue for yesterday?

#22 OFFLINE   Prof. Jeff Taylor

Prof. Jeff Taylor
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 159 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Kyla Parker @ Jul 31 2011, 12:20 PM)

Mine came straight after I registered, maybe like 2 minutes max.  My guess is people who got there validation email super quick are going to be some of the first beta testers.

yeah my email was maybe 3 minutes after like 3 minutes of read answer grab feather and register. I think you're right about the first beta testers thing or at least I hope you're right. I want in ASAP and get sorted officially (I'm hoping Hufflepuff but so long as it's not slytherin I'll be super pleased. if it is slytherin well I will then know that's where I belong).

(This is Peter btw incase you didn't know)

Can you find The Magical Quill?
Day 1 clue

How many breeds of owl are featured on the Eeylops Owl Emporium sign?
Multiply this number by 49.

Edited by Prof. Jeff Taylor, 31 July 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#23 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Achlys Demarchis @ Jul 31 2011, 06:08 PM)
. Should've known J. K. was smarter than that. But I still missed the clue.

What was the clue for yesterday?

It went something like this

"How many kinds of owls are on the Eeylops Owl Emporium Sign? Multiply this number by 49."

#24 OFFLINE   Ashlyn Middleton

Ashlyn Middleton

Slytherin 2nd Year

• Inactive Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

I'm hoping Hufflepuff but so long as it's not slytherin I'll be super pleased. if it is slytherin well I will then know that's where I belong

Exactly why I can't wait to start!You will defintley be in the house that you would be in if Hogwarts was real.I'm hoping for me it will be Ravenclaw though!!

((This is Fedora))

Edited by Ashlyn Middleton, 31 July 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   Jason Makintire

Jason Makintire
  • Hufflepuff 2nd Year
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:07 AM

I just signed in to my account and it says I will be going into pottermore early biggrin.gif to those that haven't made it, i can help on the last days since My bros are now trying to get in.

#26 OFFLINE   Fedora Middleton

Fedora Middleton
  • Ravenclaw 5th Year
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

I'm in!I actually listened to my alarm today!Woohoo!Now it still may be up there but I'm not sure so you people better hurry!And I may have an idea for the times what theyre doing.To me it seems to be an hour later each day.But I'm not sure if that's right so dont take my word for it!

#27 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

The second question is up! *Wrong account sorry!*

I got in biggrin.gif Yes, yes, yess smile.gif

Edited by Jig, 01 August 2011 - 04:27 AM.

#28 OFFLINE   Giselle DLisle

Giselle DLisle

Chairman of the Governors ; Supreme Mugwump of the ICW

• Governor
  • Others: Head Professor
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:20 AM

user posted image

*Dance Dance Party Time*

Unce Unce Unce Unce Unce Unce Unce Unce Unce!

#29 OFFLINE   Angel Carriedo

Angel Carriedo

Loki Alumna,

• Adult
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:25 AM

user posted image
(now you guys know what my username is lol)

WOOT! Change of laundry + boyfriend dropping by to give some bacon strips to me sure got me in! XDDDDD

Even my other friend who lives a few blocks away got in! WOOT! We're going crazy here!

/does a dance even if Angel doesn't know how to (or even her writer for that matter)

Edited by Angel Carriedo, 01 August 2011 - 04:30 AM.

#30 OFFLINE   Fedora Middleton

Fedora Middleton
  • Ravenclaw 5th Year
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

Yay!So happy!Congrats to all those who made it!Those who didn't i think the question is still up!!

#31 OFFLINE   Giselle DLisle

Giselle DLisle

• Governor
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:27 AM

*Hops over and dances with Angel and her friend* UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE!

#32 OFFLINE   Katelynn Clemenceau

Katelynn Clemenceau
  • Portrait
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

Ahhhhhhh noooooooooo!!!!!!! I woke up at 6 am today my time and I looked on the site and the clue was still up! I found the magic quill and everything... it said "continue your magical journey" and I was soooo excited! But when I came back to the site it said that registeration for day 2 was closed sad.gif Wahhh!!! I knew I should have gotten up at 4 in the morning!

I was sooo close sad.gif Talk about a disappointment! Ugh sad.gif

#33 OFFLINE   Tucker L. Ortiz

Tucker L. Ortiz

Hufflepuff Alumni

• Adult
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

Yes, know Im a party pooper but I can wait until October . . .

can you make that smaller Angel? Makes the page way to large . . . thanks!

never mind, did it by itself . . .

Edited by Tucker L. Ortiz, 01 August 2011 - 06:16 AM.

#34 OFFLINE   Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Prof. Lucille Alice McNemyre

Ravenclaw Alumna

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

>.< First thing this morning and it is once again closed! *begs that it is open tomorrow or the next day when I get on at 9AM EST* Does anyone know probably what day it will be open at around that time? I desperately want in!

#35 OFFLINE   Katelynn Clemenceau

Katelynn Clemenceau
  • Portrait
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

Why don't you wake up earlier?? I'm waking up at 4 am tomorrow on the hope that it will be open then!

#36 OFFLINE   Prof. Dakota Kane

Prof. Dakota Kane

Former Governor of Hogwarts Online

• Portrait
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Since it set by JK, I bet the clue is open a bunch of hours ahead England time. I would check in the Middle of the Night like one or two am lol.

I will check PotterMore starting at 1am CST and keeping checking it until 4 am to see if the clue is up. I will remember the time I checked it at and post here so people have more of a grasp when they need to check pottermore

#37 OFFLINE   Fedora Middleton

Fedora Middleton
  • Ravenclaw 5th Year
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

It seems to me that it is an hour later each night.The first night it came up 4am EST and last night it was 5am EST.But we will have to see tonight.

I also have a feeling that we won't actually be able to get sorted untill we reach the sorting hat scene in the Sorcer's Stone.Which I think is really cool because it will kind of give us that feeling that we are going to Hogwarts and wondering what house we might be in.

Edited by Fedora Middleton, 01 August 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#38 OFFLINE   Giselle DLisle

Giselle DLisle

• Governor
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, I was going to add the times of the initial openings and note that they are changing. It's hard to determine exactly when it will be open because knowing JK it will be going steady for 3 days 4-5-6am and then it will jump to 8pm.

Your best bet it is to check periodically I guess. That's what I did. Also.. do NOT rely on any fan predictions of times they have all been wrong so far lol xD Thats what killed me the first night.

Lastly, you guys should also know that each Pottermore Link will possibly be taking you to a different site each day/night. For example I think the first night you had to catch a Magical Quill that was floating with a bunch of normal quills, however last night I got taken to the Harry Potter Warner Bros site and merely had to click on a picture of the Magical Quill on the page.

So, the point of what I just said is do not be deterred if you end up on Youtube from your answer. This does NOT mean your answer is wrong! That's what I thought initially, but that isn't the case. If your answer in the link is wrong you will be taken to either a page that is not found or back to the Pottermore site with the clue still up.

Clue 1
How many breeds of owl are on the Eyelops Owl Emporium sign? Multiply this by 49.
Answer: 5 breeds;; 245

Clue 2
What is the number of the chapter in which Professor McGonagall cancels the Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff? Multiply this number by 42.
Answer: Chapter 14;; 588

#39 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

It says on the pottermore insider blog that Clue 3 will be released between 9 am and 5 pm BST, which is I think 4 am to 8 am EST.

#40 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

Yay!

user posted image

My sister and I took shifts staying awake for the question, which came out at 2 AM in AZ. We both made them. I am owlblade59! tongue.gif